Sweet little movies

sorabji.com: Best movie you ever saw: Sweet little movies
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Nelly on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 11:59 pm:

I know I've been absent from these boards for awhile, but where else am i going to go when something pops into my head a propos of nothing...

like, the movie "Quackser Fortune Has A Cousin In The Bronx."

I remembered I liked it once upon a time and now that I've found the VCR, I might have to hunt it down and rent it.

That thought led to the observation that I sometimes go for certain kind of sweet little movies (o.k. maybe they are "girl pictures", but they've got a nice little plot and piquant observations of life)...

Cleo from 5 to 7
    Moonstruck
    A couch in New York

so now it's your turn to tell me more of this kind of movie that I should seek out....

And no, none of these are the best movie I ever saw but where else was I going to stick this thread?

By sarah on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 11:20 am:

The Tall Guy

it's sweet AND smart AND funny. nelly, you especially would love it.

By Nelly on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 12:10 am:

I read up on this and it sounds promising. i'll either love it or hate it. Thanks sarah

By Nelly on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 12:12 am:

And, don't let the hiatus get too long............

By dave. on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 12:51 am:

gregory's girl.

By J on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 01:43 am:

Georgy girl did you mean Dave? With Lynn Redgrave?

By J on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 01:45 am:

Muriel's Wedding.

By dave. on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 01:50 am:

nope.

it's a scottish movie from the 80s.

By agatha on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 10:38 am:

Harold and Maude

By kazu on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 10:48 am:

I cried through most of and on the way home from Big Fish.

By patrick on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 03:24 pm:

Nelly, last night I watched Don Juan DeMarco for the first time.

A highly underated film from nearly 10 years ago.

Its hilarious and Brando and Depp are awesome and the themes are extremely poignant.

Though it can be classified as a romantic comedy, it never felt like one.

By Nelly on Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 06:15 pm:

thank y'all, i now have a rent this list. i will report back when i've seen some of 'em. keep them coming.

By sarah on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 03:34 pm:

dave, leroy, and i watched School of Rock last night. i absolutely loved it. those are exactly the kind of movies that hit my sweet spot.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact