Waffleboy's Disclaimer on Sorabji

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Waffleboy's Disclaimer on Sorabji
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Waffleboy on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 12:44 pm:

OK, so I have been mulling this over, and here goes,

it's a strange thing you have here mark, considering I stumbled upon this place, how? why? I cannot recall, but you may notice that some of the subject matter and content on this page is found in search engines (i.e do a search for waffleboy and of the 20 odd links one will be to a particular post around here). So here I am, not quite chatting, but posting statements and responses to strangers, but they are not quite strangers anymore......who are they? Well I dunno, they are the digits that appear before me on the Micron 17" monitor before me. What is strange though, is I find myself confessing and revealing things I may not reveal to my closest friends, in fact I don't refer my bored-at-work-with-bitchin-internet-access friends here because of some of the things I confess or discuss.

I have placed my self atop the bed with that crunchy paper and my feet are comfortably placed in the stirrups, take a peek please, but don't forget to sterilize.

WHY?

What is the source of this comfort? I am so comfortable I might as well fart around everyone and make ajoke out of it, but I won't. I have a strange sense of pride that is selective on what should be revealed and what shouldn't. I guess I have butt issues. Strangely enough, at a party this past weekend, my wife and I had taken some X and were in the bedroom with a few other women and a couple of guys doing illicit cocaine(truth syrum as far as I am concerned) and somehow we got on the subject of sex and whatnot and we were discussing intimate details about each other, these people kept praising the fact that were are so young, married and 'SO COOL" as they say. I guess in LA ,we are an anomoly because everyone is always so godamned fascinated with us. Anyway, here we were, revealing these more than private things, I can't tell you what because i don't remember the content BUT what I do remember is I had the thought that I was on Sorabji.com and there was Lucy, there was Nate with his head in the toilet, there was Mark playing the piano, there was J acting as a human vacuum cleaner with the blow, there was Margret and Cyst flirting with those two guys from some foreign country discussing the wretched atrocities of the Taliban and so on. Surreal to say the least.

(sidenote, my coworker is CHOMPING on gum and it's quiet in the office and can I tell you HOW FUCKING ANNOYING it is to hear people breathing thru their mouths and CHAWING on gum at the same time.......EWWWWWWWWWW! IT gets under my skin, they should reinstate a smoking section in the office)

anyway...

What is it about you people? We have an extremely unique situation. I was never one to do online chat, I was thrilled with that feature for about 5 minutes. I don't know any of your personally, at least not in the traditional sense, but yet I would be happy to saddle up to the bar and enjoy a drink with most everyone here. We could discuss oral, vaginal or manual stimulation or the pros and cons of butt plugs but this time my face may get red, it may not, (if so, I must require another Makers MArk from the lad behind the bar).

Eitherway, I guess what I am trying to say is, I am disclaiming, anything personal or otherwise embarrassing I might say/have said to the sheer fact that I have a unique relatioship with all of you, I have tried my best explain and catagorize it, but it just doesn't fit, I am not saying you are privaledged or anything, it's just I have found myself in a unique postiton to comfortably reveal without the looks, the stares, the laughs and the apologies, you are annonymous, BUT NOT REALLY ...well...whatever........maybe i have made sense, possible not...

fondly yours,

waffleboy

waffleboy slightly revealed on this book cover

http://www.amazon.com/covers/1/55/583/472/1555834728.l.gif

By J on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 02:01 pm:

I feel the same way Waffles,and feel free to fart:)I consider this place my confessional and my playground.I,m getting so it,s hard for me to get off my ass,and do something around here,and my friends get pissed at me when they call, cause I,m trying to type ad talk to them at the same time,and I can,t quite do it.

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 02:29 pm:

The coolest thing about this place:

you can't see anyone's reaction when they read your words. When I (like Waffleboy mentioned, and I'm sure you're all like this too) talk to people, I'm constantly censoring/modifying what I say according to people's reactions to me. Are they interested? Then keep going. Do they look disgusted? Let's change the subject before I go too far. So here, I can say whatever I want, as much as I want, as personally as I want, and I can't see how anyone else is taking it.

Also, we're all very very different, but we all have the same...I don't know, vibe or something. We were all attracted to this place, and we all enjoy staying here (I think), so we all have that in common.

I don't frequent any other BBS, and though I'm assuming it's like this on the many other ones too, another thing that's great about this place is the conversations you can have with people you'd never have reason to meet or talk to in real life. You two -- Waffleboy and J -- and I are very different people in very different circumstances, and should we meet, we would probably give each other suspicious glances and walk on. And yet here I know about Waffles' sexual practices and J's marriage, and you know about my psychotic family and my neuroses.

In the words of Tim Bayliss, minus the sarcasm: I love it here, I just loooove it here.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 05:26 pm:

I am kind of proud at the fact that I think some people go to great lengths to avoid my postings.

By J on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 05:41 pm:

Jimboy,you hardly ever post,did you have fun at the beach?

By Lawanda on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 06:03 pm:

I can't physically avoid a post. I feel compelled to read everything on a thread that interests me. I skipped the masturbation thread because I'm boring that way, so I wouldn't have anything to add to the conversation.

It makes me nervous when the people that have been here a long time talk about how "some" people react. I wonder "Am I one of the "some"?" I don't know why I care, but I must since I react to it.

I love reading about what is going on in other people's lives that don't live in such a small place. I want to know what is going on in lives out there, not what's on the news, that's not real to me. People's lives are.

By Waffles on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 06:08 pm:

its sunny and smoggy in LA, it's 100+ degrees in the valley, I am glad I don't live in..like ..you know....fer sure...the vaLLEY

By Semillama on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 06:39 pm:

Does anyone ever feel wierd if someone they know in person shows up here? Not that it's bad, but the situation of interaction is completely different.

By Waffles on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 06:55 pm:

i might given the raunchy/personal nature of some of my posts.........

By J on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 06:57 pm:

Well I was hoping nobody would know me here,or I might feel wierd,then again it would come as no surprise to anyone I know either.

By Simon on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 07:18 pm:

I'm OK here as long as my wife doesn't find out...

By Margret on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 07:35 pm:

Ummm...I think my ex-boyfriend found out I was going to dump him here because I sent him the link when I first started coming here and I didn't realize he checked it regularly and lurked. No biggie. I send the link to everyone I know and like. I don't say anything here I wouldn't say out loud without even the excuse of drunkeness. It's part of my be true to my self ethic: I may be pretentious as fuck and really annoying, but I don't say anything out loud anywhere that I wouldn't say out loud almost everywhere (with a few notable exceptions based entirely on context). In fact, I'm probably a lot more aloof here than in real life, because I don't want to bore y'all whereas I don't mind boring my friends.

By Semillama on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 08:38 pm:

I figure the big difference is i get a couple moments to think before replying or adding input. I am not the most talkative person in face to face encounters, probabaly because you generaly don't get those few moments before each reply. Usually if you pause,the other person rushes in to fill the silence, and then you forget what you had to say.

By Gee on Thursday, August 5, 1999 - 02:15 am:

Waffle - I'm not sure whether to envy the way you're feeling about Sorabji, or to feel sorry for you because of it. Don't take that the wrong way, either. I've had to try very hard not to feel the way you do, because there've been several times in the past when I HAVE felt that way. On other BB's. On mailing lists. Or just with chat people. That's the big danger of the net for me. It took me forEver to learn that I can't trust net people too much too soon, or I get myself in trouble.

I would be horrified if someone I knew from reality came to this website and saw me here. Of course, that doesn't stop me from using the same nickname I always use. The same nickname that's in my e-mail address, which several real life people have. I usually reveal different sides of myself to different people. Different versions of the truth. The people who know me in real life would be pretty surprised if they saw how I acted here. All of you would be pretty shocked if you saw what I was like in my day to day life.

I'm getting all messed up here. I'm just saying, it took me a long time, and a few bad problems, to realize that you (well, *I*) have to keep Real Life (for lack of a better term) and Net Life SEPERATE. I would still meet with talk to and enjoy net people in real life, if I could, but as long as they're just words on a screen, I don't get too comfterble, and I don't get too close.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Thursday, August 5, 1999 - 08:53 am:

I had a great time at the beach. Thanks, J! I haven't been on the boards much because I couldn't get on them.

By Waffles on Thursday, August 5, 1999 - 11:01 am:

I think you may have read way too much into it Gee, you seem to be addressing it as if it is a problem, I was merely making a strange observation about how I interact and why. I don't consider it a problem, nor do I see it becoming one. It sounds like you may have issues of your own. I am as honest here as I can be in my reality, if not, as I said, MORE HONEST BECAUSE ypou are all merely digits on the screen. Thats not a bad thing.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Thursday, August 5, 1999 - 02:19 pm:

I have the urge to enter a small apartment, step down one step, sit down on a bench change from my walking shoes to my slippers, walk over to the closet and put on a sweater, and say, "can you say 'drama' boys and girls?"

By J on Thursday, August 5, 1999 - 02:56 pm:

FOFL!

By Gee on Friday, August 6, 1999 - 03:20 am:

That's exactly what I was saying Waffleboy. If your own comfort and extream honesty here are making you happy, then knock yourself out. All I was saying was that it's a Huge problem for me (memeMe) to be that way. Of course I have issues. Can you find me one person who Doesn't have issues?

By TBone on Friday, August 6, 1999 - 03:22 am:

I don't have issues. Mine are called psychoses.

By Gee on Monday, August 9, 1999 - 02:01 am:

Mine are called Larry and Moe.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Monday, August 9, 1999 - 08:23 am:

Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk

By Div on Thursday, August 16, 2001 - 09:02 pm:

A note to Waffle. You introduced me to this place some time ago, and I sorta came here for a short while, trying to find the way to connect, because I like you, and have some odd sort of respect for you since you singled me out for this site. I don't quite know what it was you thought I would glean from all this, or what I might contribute.

In any event, I came, I saw, I read, I couldn't really connect, but perhaps that was a time constraint that I put on the site. I admit that I really felt no real pressure to either like or dislike, to contribute or merely lurk. So I stopped coming, no big deal for either the message boards or me. I remember discussing it with you shortly after. But today (I don't see you often, do I?) you jumped all over me for a comment I made about something unrelated, and brought up this site, saying I found fault with it. That is absolutely untrue. You know me enough by now to know that I have little tolerance for bullshit, but if you know me half as well as you think you do, you'd know that I have a pretty open mind. The place you know me from should tell you that. I've listened to you ramble, to give opinions that I sometimes think are nonsense, to say something provocative and thoughtful......in other words, I've seen you as a real person with varying moods and frames of reference. Yet, on the basis of a few off the cuff comments, you've judged me quite harshly as a prude, unhumorous and unyielding. nothing could be further from the truth.

I am unapologetic for any comments I make that may seem inappropriate to the setting in which I see you. I have the same rights and freedoms to state what I am thinking at the moment, just as anyone else has. But you, and the others you were with, chose not to explore what I had said, but simply condemn my remark. What is any medium of conversation to become if people do not question, argue, explore?

I did not have the opportunity to talk with you about all this at the time, so I am taking the opportunity to do it here. You praise this board for allowing you to share with the digits on the screen that which is most personal to you. I am with you 100% on that. My main disappointment is that often this kind of medium becomes frivolous to the point where everyone must agree with everyone else, or they are labelled negatively. I am not claiming that to be the case with sorabji, so forgive me if I am using this forum inappropriately. I, personally, like controversy and challenges, but I pick and choose my arguments to suit myself, not anyone else.....particularly in places that allow us more freedom to be honest and less restricted by the frowns and disapproving looks from those who see us every day.

now, that said, good luck once again with your venture.
    by the way, i still like you, ya dope.

By dave. on Friday, August 17, 2001 - 09:38 am:

HA

By Nate on Friday, August 17, 2001 - 12:38 pm:

i totally agree with dave., and whoever doesn't CAN GO FUCK GRAMMA.

By Hal on Friday, August 17, 2001 - 12:45 pm:

sideways.

By J on Friday, August 17, 2001 - 12:50 pm:

Hey!!! Show a little respect for the elderly!!!!

By Nate on Friday, August 17, 2001 - 12:52 pm:

yes! SHOW RESPECT BY AGREEING WITH THE SORABJI MAJORITY.

By Hal on Friday, August 17, 2001 - 12:52 pm:

Fucks.

By Nate on Friday, August 17, 2001 - 12:58 pm:

Sideways.

By J on Friday, August 17, 2001 - 12:59 pm:

Running.

By waffles on Friday, August 17, 2001 - 01:06 pm:

any chance i can get that ass shot div, sweets?

By spunky on Friday, August 17, 2001 - 01:22 pm:

FUCKOS

By pez on Friday, August 17, 2001 - 01:45 pm:

new! fuckos! the ass-flavored cereal that cums in a box!

By Nate on Friday, August 17, 2001 - 01:49 pm:

damn, pez. you're getting a nasty mouth now, aren't you.

By pez on Friday, August 17, 2001 - 02:04 pm:

PBPBPBPBPBPBPBBPTTTTTTHHHHH!!!!!!

sorry, momma i don't want to be cute anymore.

By Nate on Friday, August 17, 2001 - 02:13 pm:

that's fine.

i was just thinking the other day how we've had a chance to watch you grow up. you're maturing, you ass.

i don't mean that in a condescending kind of way. it probably sounds bad. i know you don't like your age pointed at. whatever. you'll live.

go find some of your old posts and see how young you were.

By pez on Friday, August 17, 2001 - 04:48 pm:

i know. still am.

but that doesn't mean i have to be all whiny and shit.

i sound like a punk-ass.

By Nate on Friday, August 17, 2001 - 05:31 pm:

i still sound like a punk-ass.

By pez on Friday, August 17, 2001 - 05:44 pm:

that makes two of this then.

let's have a census of punk asses!

geek.

By semillama on Friday, August 17, 2001 - 06:45 pm:

What's worse than a geek is a Twit. I just decided that my boss is a twit. I thought he was just a geek, but, no, he's a twit for sure.

I would like to be a punk ass, but I think I have rarely ever been able to combine the two. Either a punk, or an ass, that's me.

By Div on Friday, August 17, 2001 - 08:49 pm:

Thats it? I rant and rave and spout off and all you say in return is that you want a picture of my ass? HA!

By dave. on Friday, August 17, 2001 - 09:09 pm:

HA

By Nate on Friday, August 17, 2001 - 09:41 pm:

i totally agree with dave., and whoever doesn't CAN GO FUCK GRAMMA.

(but not gramma j)

By patrick on Monday, August 20, 2001 - 11:20 am:

I agree with div.

By Div on Monday, August 20, 2001 - 06:23 pm:

then i change my mind.

By patrick on Monday, August 20, 2001 - 06:52 pm:

man you sure are sexy

By wisper on Monday, August 20, 2001 - 07:17 pm:

then i change my underpants

By patrick on Monday, August 20, 2001 - 07:23 pm:

man you sure are sexy

By Chupacabra on Monday, August 20, 2001 - 07:45 pm:

then I change my chupacabra!

By Div on Monday, August 20, 2001 - 08:21 pm:

HA!

By Nate on Tuesday, August 21, 2001 - 11:06 am:

i totally agree with div, and whoever doesn't CAN GO FUCK GRAMMA.

By patrick on Tuesday, August 21, 2001 - 11:45 am:

no one is fuckin gramma man. get over it.

By Nate on Tuesday, August 21, 2001 - 12:42 pm:

i totally agree with patrick, and whoever doesn't CAN GO FUCK GRAMMA.

By Div on Tuesday, August 21, 2001 - 06:17 pm:

I happen to have a picture of Gramma's ass.

By Public on Tuesday, August 21, 2001 - 06:50 pm:

don't just tease us, give it up!

By Alex on Friday, August 24, 2001 - 02:09 pm:

Hmm, even as a 'newbie' I feel a certain kinda fondness, i guess is the word, for this place. Like for example today i got back from holiday, the first thing i did was come here to see whats up.

Im sure that in time i will be like most of you are now, spilling my mind out here into the mysteriously public, yet, at the same time almost private world of Sorabji.

Thankyou, Mark A. Thomas!

By patrick on Friday, August 24, 2001 - 02:30 pm:

you want to have sex with me, don't you? you do, i know you do.

By Dougie on Friday, August 24, 2001 - 02:46 pm:

I know I do.

By Spider on Friday, August 24, 2001 - 03:17 pm:

BWAHAHAHA!

By spunky on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 12:50 pm:

I miss waffleboy

By patrick on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 01:12 pm:

you dick.

By kazoo on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 01:20 pm:

yeah, what's up with that?

And Patrick, OH MY GOD I hate that gum thing too.

By spunky on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 02:09 pm:

????

By Dougie on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 02:24 pm:

Waffleboy is Patrick, spunky. I know there was an Oatmeal Boy. Was there ever a Pancake Boy? I want to be Pancake Boy (with extra syrup -- real maple that is, none of that carmel colored sugar water crap). Or I could be IHOP Boy. I need a moniker change.

By spunky on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 02:28 pm:

By spunky on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 02:31 pm:

I feel really dumb right about now

By patrick on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 02:33 pm:

you're looking at the nudies arent you?

By spunky on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 02:34 pm:

I love this house

I...stumbled across them.
    Had to close browser quick fast and in a hurry

By patrick on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 02:36 pm:

yes they are me and mine.

old me's and mine's.

those were images were made during my first year in photography class, which seems like 10+ years ago but was in '99,'00.

I've done quite a bit since then.

By spunky on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 02:37 pm:

That's your wife? Right?

By patrick on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 02:45 pm:

yes.

now stop gawking.

By kazoo on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 03:49 pm:

thems were some purty pictures

I knew you were Waffleboy

Of course, that's what happens when you squish 3 years of postings into your brain during a two week bout with insomnia

By spunky on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 04:01 pm:

I am still unclear as to why I am a dick, though

By kazoo on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 04:27 pm:

Spunky (I just typed your name as Spunkem...that kind of looks neat),

I thought you were some how inferring that Patrick/Waffleboy wasn't living up to that post and was once sincere, but not anymore. And that you were trying to say that in an indirect and mean way.

By kazoo on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 04:43 pm:

And I really do like that post Patrick. This kind of thing is interesting. You can be calling someone an assfacefucktard one day, and give him or her some advice the next, and I don't think that's "phony" it's just that this environment allows that. If some of these conversations had occured face to face they wouldn't have lasted as long, and I think that there are a few instances that might have caused a good pounding.

like, try telling Sem that I look like Alanis Morisette and see what happens

By patrick on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 04:48 pm:

dude... you're shagging an Alanis Morrisette look alike?

fah!

spunk, you're a prick for reviving this thread as I generally wince at anything I have said in the past.

By kazoo on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 04:53 pm:

okay, first of all, I DO NOT look anything like her. But my hair has been doing this Alanis Morrisette thing lately (which may explain the headache problem) and he told me never to mention it again.

And second of all, I have nothing else to say but I hate it when people say first of all for emphasis and don't follow it up with anything.

By Antigone on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 05:49 pm:

I can't believe this thread has been here since 1999 and I haven't posted on it yet.

By patrick on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 06:26 pm:

stop lying.

theres a chupacubra post up there.

im fuckin gramma.

By Antigone on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 06:35 pm:

Ah, didn't even think to search for El Chupacabra!

And I even posted from an unfamiliar, not easily traceable IP and a remote location. Ain't I clever? Even fooled myself.

By Ophelia on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 08:08 pm:

so sneaky. all you people and your multiple names confuse me. kazoo, i remember doing the same thing at first, just trying to figure out who people were. turns out they still surprise me. patrick, i like the pics.

By eri on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 09:18 pm:

I love the pics Patrick. I noticed one of them said that it was your favorite Bauhaus (sp?) photographer. Was it related to the band?

I loved the pics of your wife, very artistic, and beautiful. Also, Angry Sam looks so familiar it is scary. I don't think there was a pic you took I didn't like. You are very talented.

By Pancake Boy on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 09:04 am:

Speaking of photos, I heard this on NPR this morning and thought you might be interested Patrick. It's currently being shown at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.

By patrick on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 12:13 pm:

no eri.

Bauhaus

the band got its name from this.

Thanks for the nice words, but generally speaking, none of those images are in my portfolio. For the most part they are in my poop pile. 90% of my work is not online.

no dougie i hadnt heard of that exhibit, yet i did hear them mention WeeGee on the news, bout a half hour ago...but i was swimming inmy coffee.

that sounds interesting. i saw an exhibit a few years ago that was comrpised of old LA Crime scene photos. Grizzly shit...but i love it. Raymond Chandler, James Elroy and the like (think LA Confidential) are stories i dig.

By Pancake Boy on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 02:13 pm:

Yeah, it looks cool. Are you close to that museum?

By patrick on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 02:26 pm:

sure....its only about 2 miles from where i work and 4 miles from where i live. we go there every so often.

on friday evenings they have jazz out in the courtyard..free...with beer, wine and coffee available. its a great museum.

By Gee on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 07:12 pm:

WeeGee: my very own tiny clone?

By patrick on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 11:27 am:

nooooooooooooooo

wait......yes

By Gee on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 02:45 pm:

wow! he looks just like me!

only one eighth my size.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact