What are you doing this weekend?

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: What are you doing this weekend?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Waffles on Thursday, October 21, 1999 - 05:39 pm:

this is what I am doing. She is an acquaintance of mine. A great performance artist who does a bitchin burlesque......i have been chasing her down to do some photos and perhaps I will get my chance.............

http://www.newtimesla.com/issues/current/calendar.html

also I get to go schmoozing at Glue (magazine)http://www.gluemag.com art party tomorrow night. I don't suspect anyone here has heard of this mag sence it is LA-centric, but its a great magazine and I am trying to get work there, both professionally and as a photographer.....lots of ass kissin, but these asses are not the usual pretentious LA asses.......they have aesthetic sensabilities i admire......and are overall nice people

By CORRECTION on Thursday, October 21, 1999 - 05:44 pm:

EXCUSE ME.....since

By Cyst on Thursday, October 21, 1999 - 08:24 pm:

I'm going to a small geeky party this weekend. the host says he wants the theme to be "why john updike sucks." he specifically wants to talk about "all his dumb gimmicks."

this was on a piece of paper I found in my room today:

$100 -> 398 hryvnas

may 1

hr 5 yogurt + h20
    14 lunch (salad + h20)
    10 beatles cd
    1 hot dog
    37 market - fruit, beg, butter, eggs, bread
    50 dinner
    117 total

may 2

hr 2 juice
    6 taxi
    5 taxi
    8 shashlyk
    1 candy
    2 fries
    27 total

may 3

hr 6 taxi
    9 pizza
    15 total

[reverse side:]

saddle bag $ 50
    leather dress 140
    leather skirt 80
    leather jacket 150
    leather coat 180
    3 leather purses 20
    big leather bag 50
    2 silk scarves 20

total 745

By Waffles on Thursday, October 21, 1999 - 08:26 pm:

your expense report to your sugar daddy?

By Cyst on Thursday, October 21, 1999 - 08:32 pm:

he didn't pay for all of it.

he won't buy me anything sensible or necessary.

like an antique kurdish camel saddle bag.

By Spider on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 12:02 pm:

I am going to:

1. Get rid of all the clothes I don't wear any more.

2. Get rid of or reorganize all the various and sundry scraps of paper, letters, bills, magazines, catalogs, bits of notebooks, photographs, etc. that are scattered all over the damn place.

3. Reorganize my bookshelves or otherwise do something about all the piles of books that are stacked everywhere. A trip to the new IKEA in College Park might be in order.

4. Possibly go with my brother and some mutual friends to see a band called Ruins play in DC on Sunday. I've never heard them before, so I'm waiting for him to send me an MP3 or two before I decide to go. My brother likes pretty music like Engine Down and Radiohead, and he also likes aural migraines like the Locust, so I cannot say yes sound unheard.

5. Hopefully see Pirates of the Caribbean.

By patrick on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 12:46 pm:

the Ruins? Heeeeeee

A fan of Japanese noise?

I can't imagine seeing them live.

Im cleaning for few hours tomorrow. then we are going to the Lotus Festival at Echo Park in downtown LA. Its an annual festival as the lotus bloom in the lakeside.

At somepoint I will be make prints in my darkroom as well.

Tonight, I might get drunk, doing such a thing into the wee hours of the night.

By Spider on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 12:49 pm:

Is that what they sound like?? Aw, man, I'm not going. I'm too old for that shite.

The lotus festival sounds really nice.

By patrick on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 12:53 pm:

last time i checked, yeah....pretty fucking bizarre.

By J on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 12:55 pm:

I'm babysitting tonight till about 1 p.m. Sat.then at 6 p.m. we are going to my husband's aunt Betty and uncle Gilbert's 50th wedding aniversery party,I really love them they are so funny.It will be nice to see each other since last time I saw them in March was a funeral.Sunday I'm cleaning and grocery shopping,maybe rent some movies.

By wisper on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 01:15 pm:

i'm going to the Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition

my aunt is showing there, old teachers, and some people i knew from school, including one of my housemates from college.

I didn't think it was possible for him to get better, i mean, i can paint well but he was always super-human.

By J on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 01:34 pm:

Is that a photograph of a lemon tree or a painting, I really like it.Wow your old housemate's work is really something.

By wisper on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 01:45 pm:

it is paint indeed.

By Spider on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 01:53 pm:

That's awesome.

By Spider on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 01:55 pm:

(Not to hijack my own resurrection of this thread, but am I the only one here who watched "America's Next Top Model"? Wisper, did this show get broadcast up where you are?)

By pamela on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 02:07 pm:

I'm trying to post a link, but it's not working... What am I doing wrong?

Here's an example:

<a href="http://bbs.sorabji.com">here</a>

By J on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 02:14 pm:

I watched America's top model,I was surprised Elyse was booted.

By sarah on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 02:17 pm:

tonight i'm having dinner with glen.

tomorrow greg's dogs are taking greg and i out to the park. sheila and dixie. they are wild animals, and he can only take them out if there's one person per dog.

tomorrow late afternoon i have a 3-hour yoga workshop.

no plans for saturday night. boo hoo. i'll probably drink and pack boxes.

sunday morning is regular yoga class, then breakfast with yoga folks. i hope mike shows up, i'm going to ask him out if he does.

sunday afternoon i'm driving out to liberty hill to see a friend.

next weekend i'm going to dallas!

By eri on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 02:22 pm:

I haven't heard of that show, and haven't watched it, but then again, I haven't watched much outside of movies lately.

This weekend I plan to finish painting and refinishing Micki's dresser, maybe get some pool time in and then Sunday night I plan to go to PNO and have some coffee with some friends. But in general I just plan to take it easy this weekend.

Oh, and tonight I am supposed to go over to my neighbors house so that we can drink while getting the house ready for her suprise birthday party (not invited to the party but that's cool, I don't like most of her friends anyways, and I will get free beer and shots and whatever I want while we are getting it ready anyways). Besides, I have more fun joking around with her hubby anyways...the rest of them are uptight snobs.

By wisper on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 02:23 pm:

no! we almost never get anything done by UPN.
    I saw Tyra Banks on Conan talking about it though, i wish we could see it.

on second thought, 2 years ago CTV made their own show like that called 'Supermodels', same premise, same everything, and it was so catty and sad it was almost unwatchable.

Rowlf was hooked on it.

By wisper on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 02:24 pm:

this is how to link, pam

By pamela on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 02:35 pm:

thank you wisper, I'd been looking for that page on the message boards and couldn't find it... now I know why.

I'll be working on my family web site (and possibly my "business" web site). I'm hoping to have my family site done by Sunday. We'll see how it goes. You can check out my progress if you'd like here.

The sad part is almost all of the pictures that we had up of our son are lost forever. My husband had the pictures saved on his computer but we never saved them to disk or cd or anything. When our server crashed in February, we lost everything on there, including the pictures. My husband then realized that he had reformatted his hard drive and no longer had the pictures on there. We were only taking pictures with our digital camera at that time, and so that whole year of his life that we documented in pictures is gone. How sad.

By heather on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 02:42 pm:

hm

tonight everyone is dressing up in their piratey
    best for you-know-what. mmm, great looking
    geeky girls with eye patches.

saturday-
    i have some projects to do and some people
    to see. maybe sew some stuff. and put my
    messes away from charretting at work and
    being sick.

sunday-
    garage sale with sister's friends. i am to be,
    and i quote, "the sexy bad-ass cop" armed
    with a stick to look menacing and scare the
    old russian ladies who like to pocket things.
    later- cheese and chocolate fondue and wine.
    mmm. cheese.

By Spider on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 03:01 pm:

J, what did you think about Adrienne on the show? I totally loved her, and I'm so glad she won, even though she was the least modelly-looking girl there. She just rocked. I read that after the show, she went home and got a job doing yard work (pruning trees, mowing lawns) until the last show aired and she could reveal to her friends and family that she had won. Is that not cool or what?

I loved what she said after that night on the town in Paris -- "I proved I could be a real broad." So cute!

By J on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 03:37 pm:

I loved Adrienne too,but I really thought Eylse had the look,but she was snobby and Arienne has so much personality.

By Spider on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 03:42 pm:

Yeah, Elyse was very pretty and definitely had the look -- I was surprised she was kicked off before Shannon (who was boring in looks and personality, I thought).

By Hal on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 06:08 pm:

weekend.... what are those?

By semillama on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 07:09 pm:

Pirates ruled the school. That was an unexpectedly good movie.

My brother and dad are in town, so it's going to be family fun. Perhaps the North Market festival ( i heard something about free ice cream) and we're probably going to see the Terminator movie.

I really need to do laundry but I have a rule against doing laundry while family is in town, so I should just buy some sandals to avoid re-using socks.

By Antigone on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 07:54 pm:

There's a weekend coming up?

By TBone on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 08:06 pm:

By patrick on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 08:11 pm:

jesus christ thats amazing.

By moonit on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 08:41 pm:

I had a job interview yesterday afternoon. Last night we went and played pool and the pokies for a few hours. The boys had six balls on the table and I missed the fucking black. grrr.

Tonight I might drag the pandyr to the movies, but not sure what to see.

Sunday sleep in and go shopping.

By Vilnius viper on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 09:45 pm:

semillama,stick to bare feet,they are much faster to wash than socks.

By Vilnius viper on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 09:56 pm:

semillama,p.s.the termininator movies are great,mostly the one where he says;THE LAST COMPUTER CHIP IS HERE,[taps head]Then steps into a vat of molton lead.[the kids will love it.]

By Vilnius viper on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 10:02 pm:

p.p.s.the vat may have been full of molton iron,[it was an old movie]

By heather on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 10:22 pm:

lead is new?

By Platypus on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 03:30 am:

I work 2-9 on Sat and 9-5 on Sun.

Plan to sleep soon and get a good 11-12 hours in. I don't have weekends anymore, work is eating me alive.

By Lapis on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 04:12 am:

I have many many three day weekends coming up, thanks to jury duty. This "weekend" consists of working all day Saturday before going to a party, arranging for my leave of absense, a tenative 4-hour shift on Sunday, Zoobombing Sunday night and I need to fit in some bike repairs tomorrow morning.

Platy, are you doing retail? It is such a crocodile.

By Vilnius viper on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 09:43 pm:

heather,I THOUGHT YOU WERE NOT TALKING TO ME ENYMORE,SINCE THE DEAD DOG INCIDENT.[yet i had this most amazing,erotic dream about you last night.]

By Vilnius viper on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 09:51 pm:

platipus,you got a long way to go to catch up with me,i work 18 hours a day,7 days a week.

By Vilnius viper on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 10:00 pm:

lapis,ENJOY THE JURY DUTY,ITS LIKE BUNKING OFF SCHOOL,but for gods sake,turn up for it,OTHERWISE ITS THE BASTILLE,[FOR 125 YEARS]

By heather on Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 01:29 pm:

dead dog incident? did i miss something?

By Vilnius viper on Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 09:35 pm:

thank goodness for short term memory loss.

By Lapis on Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 09:43 pm:

No sequestery, 'salright.

I am not missing this trial. I'm gonna do a zine about it when I can actually talk about it without getting my ass kicked.

By Vilnius viper on Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 10:55 pm:

lapis,i just hope you get a nice,shoplifting case,and not one of them AXE MURDER,BUZZ SAW,ELECTRIC DRILLER KILLER,FLESH EATING,BLOOD DRINKING and rather anti-social cases.[myself,i put away a burgler for 5 years,he was very happy about this [he was expecting ten]

By Spider on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 09:32 am:

Damn, TBone! You're going to make me cry.

Well, I didn't do #1-4 on my list, but I did get to see Pirates of the Caribbean. It was good! Very cute. And, ummmmmmm, Antigone was right about me and Johnny Depp after all. Damn.

By semillama on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 10:36 am:

I did see Terminator. Ehn.

I took my brother to see Les Claypool - it was quite ood and he was very stoked to see his old high school role model.

By spunky on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 10:40 am:

I was hoping T3 was going to go more into the rise of the machines story line.

By Spider on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 10:40 am:

I'm glad you said that about Terminator, Sem. All throughout the Pirates movie, my brother kept saying, "T3 is better....This is no T3..." I had to give him a cow bite on the knee to shut him up. Man.

Please, tell me how a cybernetic killing machine compares favorably to accursed zombie pirates. I don't think so.

Was Les Claypool playing solo?

By pamela on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 12:20 pm:

Okay, I didn't get the entire web site up, but I got the pictures of the kids up and that's all that most people care about.

My Site

J, I've got lots of pictures of Bianca up, and of Ethan too. You can see how much he's grown. Unfortunately, in most of he recent pictures he's only wearing his diaper because he hates wearing clothes. The only time I can get him dressed is if we go outside or drive into town. We lost almost all of the pictures of him that we took after his first birthday. It really sucks because that was when he was at his cutest!

By semillama on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 12:41 pm:

Spider: He was playing with his amazing Frog Brigade, which blows Primus cleanout of the water. They opened with "Shine on you crazy diamoned" and the band features a crazy marimba player and insane saxophonist. Plus, at one point the guitarist pulled a Jimi and played behind his head and with his teeth. Les of course was awesome. I also have to add that I saw him earlier on the tour and it was a totally different set list, so they are trying to keep it fresh. Also, I noticed that they were recording the show.

By wisper on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 01:35 pm:

saw the outdoor art show. Had fun thought it was way too hot.
    Said the same thing i say every year "Next year IM gonna enter this thing!"

I noticed now that he just paints all day, my old housemate is much calmer. And happier. He got even better than i thought he had.
    He seemed all blown over about things, because his work was getting a huge response, there was kind of a little crowd around his booth. We congradulated him thoroughly.
    He sells things all the time but this was his first shot at a really big mass selling. And stuff was flying away, he brought 16 paintings and had sold 12 by the middle of the last day when i saw him. And his prices started at 3 grand for a 2x2 foot canvas.
    Which is way out of range for anything i could do, but for him it's a perfectly fair price. You never get used to it thought, at least good hearted people never do. Getting lots of money for some small thing you did, it's always very strange, you almost feel bad sometimes. You want to buy THIS? From ME??
    My aunt can't get over it and she's been doing it for 30 years now.

Just as i was discussing this with her, Shaun came running. He'd just sold the life-size painting of his girlfriend (the biggest painting he's ever done) for 7 thousand dollars, and he was freaking out.
    Not really freaking out happy, but mostly confused. Like i said, it's a very strange feeling. He said he didn't quite know how to handle the idea, so he was running around the block.

I'm so happy for him :)

(Note to viper: that was agatha that's not talking to you, not heather)

By dave. on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 01:37 pm:

the sax player was probably skerik from critters buggin. he's fuckin amazing.

By patrick on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 01:38 pm:

likewise went to the lotus festival with eva and L and her two boys. wayy to hot. boys were erratic and whiny.

did grill a mean london broil on the barby yesterday.

also saw Signs saturday night, which we enjoyed.
    I got really good chills several times.

By semillama on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 01:43 pm:

I think you are right dave. That's who played on the album anyway.

By heather on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 01:53 pm:

wisper that is so cool.

my professor offered $500 for an 8x10
    painting i did. i couldn't sell it and i cried when
    it was stolen from school.

fondue was super great. not enough cheese
    and way too much chocolate. too hot to drink
    wine and the one liter of organic rootbeer
    didn't last long. [ah, trader joe's which made it
    all possible and slightly less expensive than it
    would have been]
    ten people and it didn't feel crowded.
    man, what a mess i have when i get home
    from work tonight.

By patrick on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 02:16 pm:

ive been putting my red in the frig.

something really hotshit right now, wine wise, from TJ, Yellow Tail Shiraz or the Cab/Shiraz.

Chill it.

Butter.

By sarah on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 02:17 pm:

i just saw les claypool when i was in california. wow, what a show! huge!

By pamela on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 02:53 pm:

Patrick

I really like the movie "Signs" too. I liked the comedy in it. It had me laughing a lot. My favorite part is probably a toss up between Joaquin's character yelling "We're gonna beat your ass bitch!" or him yelling "Vamanos!" to the brazilian children on television. I also love scary movies, and this movie sent chills down my spine a few times.

Wanna hear something creepy? Okay, you know we live out in the middle of no where, up in the mountains... well, I was outside one evening and I heard that noise that the aliens make when they communicate. Scared the shit right out of me. I mean, I know the movie is fiction, but still, I'd never heard that noise before in my life. Needless to say, I ran inside and got my husband to see if he could hear it too. He did, so I knew I wasn't going crazy (or at least all by myself).

I asked a local if they'd seen the movie and if they knew which noise I was talking about and they said that it was probably just the ravens or crows up here (he wasn't sure which bird they were). Sure enough, every time I heard the noise I'd see a big black bird. Now that I know where the noise is coming from, it's not as creepy, but I still don't like hearing it much. I am always expecting some funny looking alien to jump off the roof of my house...

By J on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 10:00 am:

If my house was ever on fire the first thing I'd try to save are my pictures,what a shame you lost Ethan's first pictures.Maybe the grandparents have some?

By eri on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 12:16 pm:

I liked the movie, too. I laughed a lot during it. I got the chills a few times, too. I thought the entire cast was great. The kids were adorable. Bought it as soon as it was out on DVD, but haven't watched it in a while, so I think I am going to have to watch it again.

By Spider on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 12:52 pm:

"Signs" really scared me. I remember hugging myself in the theatre to stay calm.

I've read a lot of reviews and comments from people saying they thought it was awful and the twist at the end was ridiculous, but I think those people are barking mad. It was pretty dang good, and the twist was completely believable to me.

By patrick on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 01:18 pm:

The twist?

Did I miss something.

I missed the first 10 minutes of the movie.

I understood that he went back to being a priest after his son survived the alien poison.

Yeah, I remember all the critique of the movie. Fuckin A, my spine tingled many times. The point of movies is to entertain and we were both throughly entertained. In fact nico was a bit freaked the rest of the evening.

Too bad we don't have baby monitors, or I could have totally made her shit herself.

By Spider on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 01:21 pm:

Well, it's been a while, but I think the twist was that God had made Mel's boy have asthma to save him from the alien. Or something. The point being that what looks like a curse can be a blessing in disguise. I thought that was perfectly acceptable and in line with the spirit of the movie.

By patrick on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 01:28 pm:

oh right.

ok...i remember him saying that, something to the effect that his lungs didnt absord the toxin...due to his asthma.

By heather on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 02:01 pm:

THEY WERE CLOSED!!!

whee.

PIRATES!! the new monkey

ARRRRGGHHHH

By semillama on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 04:27 pm:

Arr, matey.

I heard that Johnny Depp said his character is a tribute to Keith RIchards.

By Spider on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 04:43 pm:

HA! I see that!

Damn, I need to see this movie again.

Know what I'll be doing this weekend? Well, on Thursday night, my aunt is staying with me (::horror::), and on Friday night, my best friend is staying with me, which is cool, but I'm sure she'll want to see her boyfriend (who lives in DC) because...duh, and he's nice and all, but they are ALWAYS ALL OVER EACH OTHER right in front of me, even when we're at a restaurant or something, which is really fucking annoying. I mean, fuck, have some manners, you know? I'm in the middle of a sentence and they decide to take a kissing break. Asses.

But anyway, I'm seeing her (and him, I guess) this weekend, and probably her family, and maybe my family. I'm kind of nervous about going home because my dad was creeping me out last time I saw him, and I don't know if it's his problem or mine. Crap.

I have been in the worst mood for DAYS now. Weeks, maybe. I am really not in the mood for company, and especially not this company. God.

By heather on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 04:58 pm:

apparently johnny depp saw pirates as rock
    stars of old and wanted to base his pirate on a
    badass old rock star

By Spider on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 05:00 pm:

Maybe rock stars should start carving out each others' hearts and eating them...

By patrick on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 05:03 pm:

speaking of rockstars, tickets for the Elvis Costello/Neil Young Crazy Horse concert go on sale this weekend.

whut? whut?

By Vilnius viper on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 10:09 pm:

PATRICK,have not heard Elvis Costello on the radio for AGES,[i must dig out his old records from my garage,and play them again]

By heather on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 11:09 pm:

you have garages in wherever the hell you are?

By patrick on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 - 12:21 pm:

can you send me your records viper?

its clear you have no interest in records or Elvis anymore. Why don't you just go ahead and send them to me and consider the matter closed.

By J on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 - 02:22 pm:

I'm wanting to see Neil Young and Crazyhorse myself,I've seen Crosby,Stills and Nash on their very first tour,but never Young and I have most of his C.D.'s

By wisper on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 - 06:55 pm:

hey!
    you know that big SARS concert here w/ the Rolling Stones & many others? Well, it seems that the planning people were either drunk or way sadistic. People who thought the cheap $21 pricetag was a deal are trying to sell off their tickets in droves.
    Why?
    Where to begin.
    It's on a wednesday, which is why i wasn't going to go in the first place. An all day rock show on a weekday is mental enough. But they've just released the ground rules for the crowd. There's going to be 600 thousand people and:
    no lawnchairs
    no blankets
    no coolers
    no umbrellas
    no bags
    no more than 2 bottles of water per person

and (AND!) no parking on site. The nearest parking areas are an hour walk away. Take Toronto transit, right?
    Wrong! The TTC doesn't have enough busses to move that many people at the end of the day. Not to mention that their driver's labour laws don't allow for enough overtime to pay enough drivers, even if they had enough busses. They estimate the wait for a bus at the end of the day will be between 2 to 10 HOURS.
    600,000 people waiting around for up to ten hours with nothing but the clothes they walked in with! And everyone has to go back to work the next day. Awesome.

its still a great line-up of bands though. Until the riot.

By J on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 12:08 pm:

The Vans Warped tour was here tuesday,I can't begin to tell you how many people they treated for heat stroke.I wouldn't pay money to sit out all day in this heat to see Jesus Christ!

By Ophelia on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 08:52 pm:

Bluegrass festival and fake camping (out of the car). woohoo! in Brunswick, sigificant as it's a college town.

By Vilnius viper on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 09:11 pm:

patrick,im sorry your into ELVIS,you must be about 62 years old.Myself,i rather prefer Elvis Costello.Sorry,i did not realise i was speaking to such an old man.

By Vilnius viper on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 09:17 pm:

heather,i got four garages,how many you got?

By J on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 11:06 am:

You mean you have a four car garage or four seperate garages? And if you do have four seperate garages are they at different places or in one location? Why would you have four different garages? Why am I so concerned that you are in pocession of four garages? Why am I so nosey?

By heather on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 11:17 am:

i got none

i got nothing

i got 200 streets of garage

By sarah on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 11:28 am:

you're so beat

By J on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 12:32 pm:

Double V could you give Heather a garage?

By patrick on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 01:09 pm:

Elvis costello VV.

now shut up and give me your records bitch.

By patrick on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 01:09 pm:

and im 19 motherfucker

By Spider on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 01:50 pm:

My aunt's visit last night wasn't bad at all. (Well, almost -- my heart was racing for a couple hours after I went to bed, so I didn't get much sleep. But that's got nothing to do with my aunt.)

Anyway, my friend R. is supposed to visit me tonight, but I haven't heard from her in over a week, and she's not answering her cellphone today. Am I going to go home tonight and find her sitting on my doorstep? Has she forgotten about our plans?

God, it's only 12:50???

By eri on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 02:01 pm:

So far as I can tell, when just about any of us mention "Elvis" we are referring to Elvis Costello. That was actually very odd VV. You are starting to worry me....

By J on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 10:32 am:

Did R visit you Spider?

By Spider on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 11:45 am:

Yes, and it was okay. She had spent the day with her boyfriend, so she and I were alone during her visit with me. We saw this Thai movie called "The Legend of Suriyothai," which was interesting....Francis Ford Coppola produced it, but it was clearly non-Western in its themes and approach, which I liked. Suriyothai was a queen of Thailand in the 1500s, and she embodied all the virtues prized at the time -- she was quiet, faithful to her husband the king, wise in her counsel, and dutiful to her country. She sacrifices her life in battle with Burma to save her husband and her people. It was nice, too, that even though she loved this other man when she was a girl but married the prince-to-be-king for political reasons, her husband wasn't portayed as a jerk or anything....he was a good and wise man. She doesn't cheat on him with the other guy, either, which was refreshing.

My aunt is going to be staying with me tonight and tomorrow night, which is kind of annoying, but I'll deal. I've been having a hard time sleeping, so I'm hoping I can catch up on missed sleep tonight (and it will be okay with my aunt if we go to bed around 10). Otherwise, I'll be unhappy.

By heather on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 12:30 pm:

i just made a couple of eggs.

for whatever reason i could barely eat them, had to choke them down. ick.

i know! boiled! that would be so much better. next time.

By patrick on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 12:36 pm:

i decided to take the bus this morning, for a change. Im reading a new book called A Cleaning Woman. Its by a Frenchman.

By eri on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 02:47 pm:

I am cleaning house getting ready for the visit from my parents. They should be here tomorrow afternoon. The kids are playing outside.

It's Micki's birthday today. We gave her one of her presents earlier, a new tricycle, that's big for kids who are bigger but not yet able to ride a two wheeler. Approx the same as a 16" bike (I can't believe she can fit on a 16" bike).

Well, back to cleaning. I gotta finish the laundry, vacuum and get the carpets steam cleaned today. Hehe. Fun.

By J on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 03:14 pm:

I'm waiting for Orion then I won't have a break till Wed.,probably why I'm posting so much today,I actually have a minutes peace. Happy Birthday Micki!!! Orion was two in febuary and I got him a bike for 1 and a half to five and he still can't reach the peddles,his legs are so short,but he never walks he runs and he's fast.

By J on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 11:38 am:

Amee never picked him up last night and I'm so pissed,not that I kept him overnight,but he has an earache and she didn't leave his medicine with me.

By eri on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 03:16 pm:

I'm sorry J. I know how stuck in a pickle you are. Frankly, you should be pissed that she never came to pick him up, too. But I know you enjoy having your grandbabies around.

Good luck.

By J on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 05:23 pm:

He's actually napping now,she didn't stop by to drop it off today either and she didn't have to be at work till noon.I could kill her,he's in pain.Of course she doesn't have a phone so I left a message where she works,but she hasn't bothered to call.

By eri on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 06:00 pm:

I just wish there were something you could do to prevent this from happening. Does he have an infection in his ear? I am just wondering why it is hurting and what otc medicines could help ease the pain til he gets the right meds from his genius of a mother. I swear, she is my sisters long lost twin!

By J on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 12:09 pm:

Yes,he has swimmers ear and one of his tubes came out,now it turns out she never got him the medicine in the first place and after Heather went out of her way to take him to the Dr. last week.She said she didn't have the money after borrowing $40.00 from us that same day.I think she's your sisters lost twin too.

By J on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 02:28 pm:

Amee got into a car accident yesterday it was her fault,Orion somehow fell out of the car in his carseat before Amee slammed into the car in front of her.The girl in the car she hit, nose was broken when her airbag went off. I'm just so glad nobody was seriously hurt.I still don't understand how Orion ended up out of her car,she could have run over him,I believe in miracles.

By semillama on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 03:45 pm:

How long can this stuff go on?

By J on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 06:44 pm:

I ask myself every day that same thing,the more I think about it,she didn't have the carseat strapped in.At least for the first time in her life she has car insurance.Heather took Orion home last night the poor thing was so scared,she said he stayed up real late and I'm waiting for her to bring him back here from the doctors office. I'd call Amee on not strapping the carseat in,but she'd just lie.

By J on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 12:13 pm:

Heather took Orion to the doctor yesterday,the Dr. say's she has to report this.

By eri on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 02:40 pm:

Swimmer's ear is really easy to prevent. Household items make safe drops and you don't have to spend any more than $2.

Once you have it the medicine is totally neccessary or it will be so painful for the baby.

I can't believe that car accident. I don't even want to go there. That is fucking ridiculous.

They are so twins separated at birth.

What doy ou my by the doctor says she has to report it? Does that mean that the doctor is going to have to call family services and file a report or something like that? Having been thru that in the past two years, please keep me posted.

By agatha on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 02:41 pm:

That child needs to be removed from her care.

By J on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 04:12 pm:

Yes she going to have to report it to C.P.S. she didn't have her door guard on and his car seat wasn't buckeled in.Your right Agatha,when I think of him being crushed on the freeway,I freak.

By patrick on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 05:39 pm:

i second agatha's remark

By eri on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 09:21 pm:

J, please keep me posted on this. He will most likely end up in a foster care situation once she is investigated. But there is an easy and inexpensive way (actually virtually cost free) to keep him in the family. You can email me any time you like. This has gone from lazy to very serious very fast, and when things start happening, they are going to move quickly.

By J on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 11:39 am:

Oh my God,as soon as I wake up a little I'm e-mailing you,now I'm scared.I assumed if anything like this happened they would let the family take care of him. I'd just die if he was put in foster care.He's sleeping in my room right now,I bought him a little chair at Walmart yesterday and you'd think it was his throne he's so proud to sit in it,I mean it,it would destroy me if anything happened to him.

By Spider on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 11:43 am:

Hang in there, J!

By eri on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 02:32 pm:

It's going to be allright, though he may end up in a foster home for a little while. Christopher went into a foster home until my parents were approved by the courts to be his "foster parents". It wasn't long term, maybe a month or so.

When things get going, there won't be time for you to say anything until the court processes start. Like I said, email me and keep me posted, so I can help.

It will all be allright in the end.

By J on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 03:32 pm:

Check your e-mail Eri.

By Logan on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 08:59 pm:

I spent most of this past weekend in bed.

Not alone, of course...

By The Watcher on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 12:59 pm:

Good luck J.

Just because something is reported to CPS does not mean they will take the child away.

And, the courts usually like to keep them in the family if at all possible.

By J on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 03:35 pm:

Thanks Watcher and thank you so much Eri for your kind e-mail,it gets worse,now she's telling me some 19 year old kid overdosed on heroin in her boyfriends backyard this Sat. She had picked Orion up Sat. afternoon and took him to her boyfriends house and spent the night there and brought him back to me Sun. night. Also she told Ryan and Heather that she had taken some pills right before her accident,something called I think it was sonemex or something like that.Anyone ever hear of it? Is it a street drug? And she lies too much for me to believe her story that some junky girl showed up at her boyfriends party and they kicked her out of the house so she hung out in the yard with the kid that O.D.

By sarah on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 05:05 pm:

maybe sominex, the over the counter sleep aid?

i'm sorry for my ignorance, i feel like i should know a lot more about this situation. but could you remind me of your relation to orion?

i feel for you J. he obviously needs you to help him.

By J on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 05:13 pm:

Orion is my grandson,maybe it was soma,I was looking on the internet for drug slang and soma is slang for PCP.I wouldn't put it past her.

By Spider on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 05:20 pm:

J, how is your daughter Heather doing? Is she pretty together?

By J on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 05:24 pm:

Now she is, in fact she's watching Orion now,she spoils him as much as I do.She's credited to be a foster parent out here now,she wants to work with special ed kids.

By sarah on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 05:46 pm:

damn i knew that!! it's so hard to keep the stories of all the sorabjiite lives straight.

By heather on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 06:31 pm:

sarah

answer my email?

i know it wasn't like i was fast or anything

By V.v. on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 10:21 pm:

j, sominex does not exist on the web,you need to check the spelling.I agree with sarah,the some in sominex sounds like sleep,or a downer drug,but a downer from WHAT?I hope to god this all works out.

By V.v. on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 10:37 pm:

j. I am most concerned with this situation,an o.d. is a cry for help.You need to sort out this problem right now,you can do it,i have faith in you.

By V.v. on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 11:02 pm:

j.To clarify P.C.P.-[phencyclidine]developed in the 1950s as an intravenous anethetic.

By eri on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 12:09 pm:

My God this chick is just plain dangerous. She really needs to have that baby taken away!!!

Sominex is an OTC sleep aid. I don't know if it is still selling big or not. But that one is OTC.

Soma is a slang term for a street drug, but also a prescription. I remember laughing when I found out that Soma was prescribed to my mom (I think it is an anti-depressant but not sure). It reminds me of the movie "Brave New World". Take your soma and be happy.

I am glad to know that Heather is already certified to be a foster parent. This will come in very handy in months to come, depending on what happens.

By J on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 01:29 pm:

She had the gall to ask if Heather or I would take Orion to her boyfriends house last night,she said she misses him and that's a lie,anyway it's 30 miles one way,it was storming like crazy and even if it wasn't it'd be a cold day in hell for me to take him to that house ever.I'm glad about Heather too.

By eri on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 02:01 pm:

In some cases, I am all for manditory sterilization.

By V.v. on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 08:52 pm:

eri,your thoughts are my thoughts.

By eri on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 09:29 pm:

VV, you are relatively new, so you haven't heard why these are my thoughts.

My mother's other daughter (I don't claim her if I can help it) gave her son (7 months old) a skull fracture, subderal hematoma, bruises in various stages of healing all over his body, and a busted blood vessel in his eye. The skull fracture was 7-10 days old when he was taken by police to the hospital. He was also so severely neglected that he was developmentally the equivalent of a 6 week old baby at best, though he was 7 months old.

She served 1 week in jail for this. 1 fucking week.

So now we went through all of the DFS and court shit, and my parents got custody of him and now are his guardians (big mistake, but he is healthy and happy at least).

It has been 2 years and 1 month since she was removed from his care, and she hasn't even taken her fucking parenting classes to get him back.

Ever since Christmas she has been trying to get preggers AGAIN and have another baby. She wants to do this all AGAIN.

There is so much more to this and it is a total generalization, but basic facts there.

She is a walking case for forced sterilization. J is going thru something very similar, and the two seem like peas in a pod. Forced sterilization. Good idea in some cases.

It infuriates me to think about these parents pulling this shit and what they are doing to their kids. I fought like hell to have the two I have, and nearly died, literally. I have been preggers 7 times and have had two children out of all of those pregnancies, and both of them were small preemies, weighing 3 lbs and 1 lb. respectively. I get really mad when I see people who can pop out child after child without any problems and they treat their kids like shit.

I take parenting seriously. I support those who don't want to be parents at all because it is such a huge responsibility (If you intend to do it right). I have NO PATIENCE whatsoever with those who treat their kids like trash, who don't live up to their responsibility. I mean, its not like they couldn't have had an abortion if they didn't want the baby.

By V.v. on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 10:51 pm:

eri,i am sorry you have gone through so much shit.I miss a lot of information because i flick through lots of threads too fast.In your case,i should have taken more notice.You are a good person,i fully understand this.YOU,ery, have two things i dont,KIDS.I wish i had kids,they are amazing,all i have is a divorce,and 105 [not a missprint]ex-girl friends.I have a good income,lots of friends and no Kids,therefore i have no future.I am,like the American movie A WALKING DEAD MAN.Yet i keep going through the motions of being an alive person.I do not say give thanks for for what you have,i am mearly envious.I often have to speak to the sorabjis with the aid of a dictionary,sometimes,as i think sem said,i misunderstand the meanings of comments,yet i hope on this one occasion,we understand each other,and J is a most nice person.

By eri on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 01:16 am:

J is more than a nice person. She's awesome, with the most amazing sense of humor. J's a doll.

I think we understand each other just fine. You don't need to feel bad about not catching all my sister's shit. She's a pain in the ass and anything involving her life deserves to be overlooked :)

We all have the best of intentions here. You will find that no matter how much any of us may or may not agree or disagree, we all have the best we know of in our intentions. I hope that makes sense. If not, blame it on the wine :)

By BluePowder on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 04:43 am:

Hmm... this weekend we're going to have a huge party at my house. A band will play, everyone will get drunk, if all goes as planned. I hope it doesn't suck ass and that no one pukes on the rug or tries to fuck on my bed, ugh... people can be so animal-like when they're drunk.

By semillama on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 09:57 am:

Are you spider's brother?

By patrick on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 12:06 pm:

this weekend....well, for the first half, its me and eva. nico flys to vegas tonight until sat night for a shoe convention. let the excitement begin.

friday im taking eva to an art opening a friend is involved with.

saturday morning im meeting a friend for a burrito at my hoods greatest burrito stand and then saturday, i think im going to go buy a bunch of starts and seeds and do something with all those pots of dormant soil and dead foliage.

the rest of my weekend is yet undetermined but im thinking a day at the beach sunday.

By eri on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 12:33 pm:

I will probably be cleaning house and recovering from the past week and a half this weekend. I also had a suprise job interview yesterday. One I wasn't planning on. I found out about it at 1 and was supposed to be there at 3. I was prepared as far as professional appearance, but wasn't able to get myself mentally ready. I was all nervous for some reason and I never am.

Well I got there and there were 5 people ahead of me for the interview. I looked around, scoping out the competition. Overheard bits and pieces of the interviews (all in an open room where we waited). By the time my opportunity came I was thinking that I might have a chance if she's hiring more than one person for the position. Well, while I was there like 5 more people showed up for the interview and I don't know how many showed up the hour and a half after I left. I thought my chances of getting a second interview were next to nil. I mean, I wasn't mentally psyched, so I was just kinda myself, but a little silly. When asked what my biggest fault was while working I replied "Well my last boss would tell you that it was that I was anal retentive about details." Probably not the right thing to say. I have held office jobs, but none where I am actually doing leasing and things like that. I mean, this job is at the office for our apartment complex under the new management.

Our phone wasn't working yesterday to boot, so I thought she would think badly of that and might not like that idea and not call for a second interview.

I have had 50 million reasons why (for the first time ever) I might interview for a job and not get it, not even get a real shot at it. I have been second guessing myself constantly.

Well, I got the call about 10 minutes ago. I got the second interview. I wasn't supposed to hear back until Monday, but my interview is Monday afternoon. So it looks like I might actually have a decent shot.

One thing going for me......the manager and the crew, including the maintenance crew all know me personally, though not professionally. I am kinda like friends with all of them and they already know my personality will fit into the office.

So now I wait until Monday morning to see. I just might have a shot at this after all. A full time job working in the office.

By agatha on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 01:05 pm:

I do that same thing, Eri, pick everything apart and psyche myself out. I had an interview about two weeks ago, and over 30 people applied, and I had my period and was crampy and not mentally in interview mode. Anyhow, I just went in and tried to be charming and winged it, basically, and I said quite a few things that I thought about afterwards and grimaced. At one point, I alluded to the fact that I was on the rag. Although I was subtle, it was totally inappropriate, I said something about how I generally have a pretty good attitude except for that one week out of the month. Anyhow, I got the job, oddly enough. I've learned not to really stress on interviews too much, and just let your personality come through, and if you are a nice person and aren't psychotic, you've got a better chance than 75% of the other people. There's my interviewing 101 for all interested parties.

Oh, and Sem, I had the same exact thought when I read powder's post. Heh.

By wisper on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 06:58 pm:

congrats to eri and agatha, wow!

By eri on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 08:20 pm:

Now all I need to do is find a babysitter for during my interview....damnit. My typical babysitter is going to be out of town for 3 days, the first of which is when I have my interview......my luck.

By V.v. on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 09:50 pm:

eri,if i was three and a half,perhaps four thousand miles further east of of where i am, i would stand in as your babysitter.I speak baby talk real good.I understand BOOLA means give me the big plastic ball and if you are real lucky i may kick it back,this i learn from a 2 year old boy i babysit for about 3 weeks ago.You are the the first sorabji person to begin to understand me.I love kids very much,and ,cuz i dont have kids,i have to borrow other folks kids,this is the nearest i get to being a father.P.S, IF J IS A GIRL,HOW COME SHE IS SO KEEN TO SHOOT NAKED GIRLS IN THE ASS WITH A PAINT BALL GUN?This i have to know,or was it just my offer of 7000 bucks?

By V.v. on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 10:19 pm:

eri,for WEST read EAST,i tend to get this WHAT PART OF THE THE WORLD,AND WHAT TIME ZONE AM I IN AT THIS MOMENT PROBLEM,DUE TO EXTENSIVE INTERCONTINTAL TRAVEL.[this is also brought on by an excess of vodka]

By eri on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 10:33 pm:

MMMmmmm vodka. This is something eri definately doesn't need. hehe. I get drunk really quick off of vodka, but I get boring, and what's the point of that?

I appreciate the babysitting offer VV, but my kids are older than that and speak plain english. They're easy to understand. I do have one person left to ask before Monday. I might figure it out. I hope so. This would be a kick ass job. I mean, no travel, no commute, just walk 50 feet to the front office.

By V.v. on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 11:41 pm:

eri,This the ultimate job.It means you can have a siesta in your lunch break,at home,in your own bed,then wake up feeling great,go back to work,and before you know it,the days over.ITS ALLMOST AS GOOD AS BEING MEXICAN,OR SPANISH,i wish i had a job like that,You have to get it at all costs,let me know how you get on.

By eri on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 11:51 pm:

I got a babysitter!!!!! I wasn't even thinking that my neighbors daughters were in high school. One of them is coming over to watch the girls, the one that the girls are friends with. I can't remember her name. All the kids have B names, Blair, Ben, Blah, Blah, Blah.

By V.v. on Friday, August 1, 2003 - 12:32 am:

eri,at last you get a siesta,i hope.

By J on Friday, August 1, 2003 - 02:21 pm:

Why thank you Eri your too kind,you too v.v.,and I think shooting naked girls with paintball guns would make them a work of art,their bodies are the canvas,or I could really use 7000 bucks:)Glad you got a babysitter Eri,good luck.It's Amees weekend with Jonathon,I got him two playstation 2 demo games and I'm hoping to go bowling with him,maybe take him to Mill Mall and hang at Gameworks.

By patrick on Friday, August 1, 2003 - 02:35 pm:

to clarify....this evening im taking eva to an art opening, a group show. its called Clark.

clark is a billy goat. art of and about Clark.

apparently Clark will be on hand for the big evening.

once again, another first for Eva.

fuckin A.

Clark the billygoat.

god damn thats amusing.

By V.v. on Saturday, August 2, 2003 - 12:12 am:

PATRICK,are you really into art openings?if so,we may not be so far apart as you think.

By patrick on Saturday, August 2, 2003 - 12:52 pm:

im into all kinds of openings V2

By agatha on Saturday, August 2, 2003 - 01:15 pm:

We're having a show called Fluffah, about my cat. Similar, no?

By J on Monday, August 4, 2003 - 12:26 pm:

So how was Clark the billygoat? Are you going to post pics of the Fluffah show Agatha? Once again Amee didn't get Jonathon for the weekend,I've finallt started keeping a log of this,should have done it when Patrick said to along time ago,then again,Jonathon probably doesn't like going over there and watching her get drunk and stoned.Is Fluffah the demented looking cat of yours Agatha? I found a perfect site for you to post the picture.http://www.mycathatesyou.com/

By patrick on Monday, August 4, 2003 - 12:44 pm:

well, sounds like it agatha. is it a group show? will Fluffah be on hand for the big night?

clark was swell.

eva slept the whole time, despite blaring obnoxious noise/music so she didnt get to meet him.

there was even a sculpture made from Clark's poop.

it was all kinda a larf as Clark has accompanied many people on drunken benders. so, you know, a painted rendition of a photo of Clark on a bar with a cigarette in his mouth is well...you know, its great.

By eri on Monday, August 4, 2003 - 02:41 pm:

OK, update on my daily insanity.......I had found a babysitter for my interview today, fixed my nails, got some new interview clothes and shoes, blah blah blah. Getting ready here.

Knock, knock.......just wanted you to know that (babysitter) got called into work and has to be there at 3. Sorry.

I check my email, and who is there with the greatest message, but J........Thanks. I needed that at that exact moment.

By J on Monday, August 4, 2003 - 03:24 pm:

Hehe,now print it out and hang it up somewhere prominent:)Maybe things aren't that bad,call and explain the situation and see if you can rescedule the interveiw.

By eri on Monday, August 4, 2003 - 03:49 pm:

I got a new babysitter....can you imagine? Finding a babysitter on an hours notice? I couldn't believe it, but she came over and volunteered and I am not in a position to say no.

If I get the job, how bout I frame it and stick it up behind my desk? Think that would go over well? At the very least I should find a place to hang it in the house.

By sarah on Tuesday, August 5, 2003 - 11:48 am:

my weekend starts tonight. i'm flying to michigan until sunday, presumably to attend my cousin's wedding on saturday.

she's not *really* my cousin. she used to be my cousin when i was between the ages of 8-20, when my mom was married to her uncle. but in fact, i'm still very close to that whole family, especially my sister, whom i've known since we were five, before our parents were married to one another, and we've stayed very close all these years our folks have been divorced.

i am closer to that family than i am to my maternal family, who still all hate my guts and still have no spoken or communicated with me since i saw them in december in florida.

anyway, i get into detroit tonight. tomorrow i'm going to visit my paternal grandmother... i hope she remembers me, she has severe dementia. then i'm hooking up with an old high school friend and his son, who is 13 years old, and my godchild. thursday i'm spending with my paternal family, who are so much fun.

my sister is out of control. she has rented a limo for thursday night, which has nothing at all to do with wedding related things and everything to do with just the girls in the family going out and raging downtown motown. whoooo! the last time i hung out w/ my sister it was during her honeymoon in key west, and it was 5 days of utter debauchery.

friday i'll recover, get a pedicure, see more family.

saturday is the wedding, where i'll get to see some family i haven't seen in about ten years, since my sister's first wedding!

saturday night is my 15 year high school reunion! i graduated from a small private school, my class had just under 200 students. i expect about 50 or so to show up. it's an informal thing out in Emmett, in the boonies. it's a backyard beer and bbq deal.

because out class was so small, there weren't really clicks and social strata like in other high schools. and i always had lots of friends. but still... i *am* going to be the one who goes back and sees everyone who got fat and old and live boring lives in my old hometown and go NYAH NYAH NYAH NYAH LOOK AT ME NOW SUCKAS!! heh.

okay, that's only partially true. honestly, i am looking forward to seeing everyone, how they are, what the hell happened to them, etc. it's going to be really sweet and fun. the reunion goes until sunrise sunday morning, at which time, if all hell doesn't break loose in the wake of my reckless abandon, i'll drive back to the airport and fly home to austin.

By heather on Tuesday, August 5, 2003 - 01:10 pm:

crap sarah, i'll be in detroit in a week

ah well

i just got an email back from a friend that i once considered one of my best friends. she had a baby this year and we've been quite out of contact for a while. anyway, her reply was weak.

whatever. i'll still get to see people that i'm lucky to see once a year now. and my family. and detroit.

By J on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 11:49 am:

That sounds fantastic Sarah,too bad you and Heather couldn't have timed your trips together.How did the interview go Eri?

By V.v. on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 03:08 pm:

eri,yes,tell us about the interview.

By Spider on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 03:54 pm:

I'm going to Boston and then Nantucket this weekend. I'm leaving for Boston tomorrow, and I'll be back here on Tuesday.

By V.v. on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 04:33 pm:

Spider,travel safe then,my good old Lithuanian good luck charms are with you allways.See you soon,i hope.

By eri on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 05:32 pm:

The second interview was OK, I guess. I made a royal ass out of myself, but I am getting used to doing that now :)

Two math questions and I totally went into idiot mode on the first one.

She talked about how many issues she has with the fact that I live on site......I might have to evict my friends, I will have access to private information that no tenant is allowed to have, she will need to know that I have her back no matter what cuz her integrity is on the line, etc.etc.etc.

I left the second interview with a good feeling, but a lot of uncertainty.

She said she would have her final decision made it two days (which would be today).

Then I got the call for the 3rd interview yesterday morning and I just got back from that one.

By V.v. on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 05:51 pm:

SO,what next? we have to know.

By eri on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 06:03 pm:

check the other thread.

By V.v. on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 07:04 pm:

Eri,i am checking out the other thread,and it makes good reading.

By Spider on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 09:40 pm:

So, I'm in Boston, typing from my mom's office. I just sat in on a Kenyan woman's dissertation defense -- she studied the women and the inheritance laws of her clan in rural Kenya. Absolutely fascinating. She is a widow with three grown children, and she refused to become her late husband's inherited bride 30 years ago in defiance of her clan's customs. She was completely shunned by her family and neighbors, and lived on her own land that she bought with horded savings.

Man, I'd tell you more about her, but I'm overwhelmed. What an amazing, strong woman. I'm so glad I got to hear her speak.

By V.v. on Friday, August 8, 2003 - 07:44 pm:

spider,thank god we dont live in Kenya,so how did it finish?

By Daniel ssss on Saturday, August 9, 2003 - 02:40 pm:

sarah, heather, I'm not going to be in detroit at all. but I will be in columbia Tues, then kansas city, then back to st louis to wash u on thursday. no body comes thru st louis anymore since twa then american died. the pool is open, and the sheets are clean, and i'm not here mostly, so if any one is passing this way, give me a shout.

oh yeah, i'm okay, and quiet, and havent been to sorabji in months. hope everyone is okay.

this weekend, toasting two new cast iron pots in the barbie right now, and them seasoning them, and swimming, and working on my deck. my little son turns twenty tomorrow and is moving to colorado which means i will be travelling that way (Fort Collins)in the fall.

took a loa and am working on two major gigs september 6 on spirituality and oct 11 on enhancing recovery. scholarships to sorabjites. both day long workshops will be in st l,ouis. lunch included.

By Lapis on Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 10:30 pm:

I just got home from camping with my parents on Willappa Bay. We picked blackberries and got thorns through our thumbs.

By eri on Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 10:53 pm:

That sounds like fun. I had a friend over here while our daughters played together for a little bit and last night I went to the white trash bbq of all time!!!! We left early (like 10pm heh)

By patrick on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 12:50 pm:

what a whirlybird.

saturday it was so bloody hot....nico and i sat in our house for hours asking each other

"what do you want to do?"

"Unnhm i dunno, what do you want to do?

"whatever you want to do?"

"Museum?"

"Naaa"

"uhh Mall?"

"Naaa"

repeat

We were delusional.

Finally, we went downtown with some friends to the Hotel Figueroa and swam in their pool and drank beers under the tent.

Fucking christ was that a godsend. That place is proper.

Last night we went to the Hollywood Bowl with about 16 friends, some old, some new and saw Yo Yo Ma with the Assad Brothers, Cyro Baptista, Paquito D'Rivera, Nilson Matta, Rosa Passos, and Kathryn Stott. It was hot but when the sun goes down its brilliant. The music was great only after Eva had her melt down.

That kid.....we bring her to a brazilian classical concert and she melts down. If it had been...i dunno, the Who, she would have slept the entire time.

By patrick on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 01:04 pm:

this weekend....tonight, im unsure.

probably chill at home.

maybe make some dinner.

tomorrow, we will probably go to the beach.
    its hot and we have the time. I have learned you have to decided what to do ahead of time as last weekends post is an indicator that if you wait, the heat will cloud your mind to decide.

sunday, i am taking the girls to a benefit. a handful of celebs are taking on a handful of NHL players in a hockey match. it should be neat as its being held at the Kings practice arena, thus being small, every seat is near ice level with great views.

im just praying Rob Blake or Darren McCarty takes one good shot at Alan Thicke...just one.

By eri on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 01:13 pm:

LOL, I would love to see that Patrick.

Tonight, an attempt at a calm evening at home. Tomorrow morning I have to be at a fundraiser car wash and Spunky is going to babysit our neighbors daughter. And then I have to set the time for my tattoo. That's supposed to be sometime this weekend.

Also there is going to be a travelling carnival across the highway and we want to take the kids there, too.

I think it will be a busy weekend.

By semillama on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 03:18 pm:

Going to a happy hour tonight at the local brewery (a friend got a thing for a free round of appetizers). Tomorrow, help Kazoo pack and go to the art museum to check out the American Expressionists exhibit (never been there, should be a treat).

Sunday will be ten hours in a packed car traveling south.

By Platypus on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 03:59 pm:

Tonight hanging with the kitties and watching movies.

Work tommorrow and Sunday, and Monday too.

Tuesday! Operation Vermont begins.

By semillama on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 05:11 pm:

What is "operation Vermont"?

By 1977 BITCH on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 05:11 pm:

1977 BITCH!

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?

1977 BITCH!

1977 BITCH!

1977 BITCH!

1977 BITCH!

1977 BITCH!

1977 BITCH!

1977 BITCH!

1977 BITCH!

1977 BITCH!

1977 BITCH!

1977 BITCH!

1977 BITCH!

1977 BITCH!

1977 BITCH!

1977 BITCH!

1977 BITCH!

1977 BITCH!

1977 BITCH!

1977 BITCH!

1977 BITCH!

1977 BITCH!

1977 BITCH!

1977 BITCH!

what?!?!?!?!?

1977!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Platypus on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 08:30 pm:

I travel east to visit friends on wednesday for a week. Although I will be worried about the kitties...they just can't stay out of trouble. I will be in layovers at airports across the nation though!

(GB Intl, Detroit, Newark, Minneapolis/St. Paul)

Yay continental.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact