astrology

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: astrology
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By heather on Monday, October 25, 1999 - 01:51 pm:

what are you?

do you care?

what about yourself do you blame on the stars?

By Waffles on Monday, October 25, 1999 - 01:57 pm:

scorpio,

i am an intense lover, loyal beyond belief, passionate and often volatile when agitated, i care only about 15%, but the character traits are interesting at times, i am also independent, often too independent falling into the selfish catgory...........yep thats me

By Patrick on Monday, October 25, 1999 - 01:58 pm:

scorpio,

i am an intense lover, loyal beyond belief, passionate and often volatile when agitated, i care only about 15%, but the character traits are interesting at times, i am also independent, often too independent falling into the selfish catgory...........yep thats me

By Rhiannon on Monday, October 25, 1999 - 02:16 pm:

I think astrology is all nonsense. How is that if you read your horoscope in the daily paper, your horoscope in two different weekly papers, and your horoscope on the internet, all during the same time period....you get completely different suggestions/answers/advice/etc.? Silly.

But I'm a Gemini. Supposedly we're very moody. At least they got that right.

By Waffles on Monday, October 25, 1999 - 02:23 pm:

it's amusing rading, it touches us with such generalizations, its good to let go for about 5 minutes every so often........you're exactly right, but how many versions of the bible are out there as well and how many *interpretations* of the bible are out there on all the *versions* of the bible and so on and so on........it's not a matter of who is right, but what sort of need you can fulfill in those minutes spent reading it....

By Patrick on Monday, October 25, 1999 - 02:23 pm:

GOD DAMN IT

By Wisper on Monday, October 25, 1999 - 02:26 pm:

methinks Waffles/Patrick is having a personality crisis...come on Waffles! it's me, Wisper! I know you're in there!! head towards the light! hang on, buddy!

By heather on Monday, October 25, 1999 - 02:30 pm:

let's say newspaper horoscope doesn't count

By Lucy_Phurre on Monday, October 25, 1999 - 02:57 pm:

Double Sagittarius/ Virgo rising.
    Year of the Dragon.
    I am honest to the point of tactlessness, agressive, straightforward, driven, and occasionally reckless, with a certain amount of sexual charisma.
    Anyway, both my Eastern and Western profiles seem to fit pretty well.
    I am perpetually amused by astrology and its frequent accuracy with regards to myself and many people I know. (does that count as caring?) e.g. I consistently have problems getting along with Scorpios.
    I regard the accuracy of my horoscope as a charming example of synchronicity.
    As for newspaper horoscopes, the only one I read with any regularity is Rob Brezny's(sp?) "Real Astrology" column, which is consistently entertaining and well written, as well as frequently useful and accurate.

By Gee on Monday, October 25, 1999 - 09:20 pm:

According to chinese astrology, I've met the man of my dreams every year for the past five years.

By Agatha on Monday, October 25, 1999 - 10:20 pm:

lucy, when is your birthday?

By Sarah on Monday, October 25, 1999 - 10:39 pm:

i'm a Libra. Libra is the best sign in the zodiac. the worst is Virgo. all Virgos are liars and eventually die of syphillus.

By Antigone on Monday, October 25, 1999 - 11:45 pm:

According to cheese astrology I've sweat fromage nipple chips. Daily.

Swank.

By Email forwardee on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 02:05 am:

Horoscopes by Adam Sandler

Aquarius (Jan 23 - Feb 22)
    You have an inventive mind and are inclined to be
    progressive. You lie a great deal. You make the
    same mistakes repeatedly because you are stupid.
    Everyone thinks you are a fucking jerk.

Pisces (Feb 23 - Mar 22)
    You are a pioneer type and think most people are
    dickheads. You are quick to reprimand, impatient
    and full of advice. You do nothing but piss-off
    everyone you come in contact with. You are a prick.

Aries (Mar 23 - April 22)
    You have a wild imagination and often think you
    are being followed by the FBI or CIA. You have
    major influence on your friends and people resent you for flaunting your power. You lack confidence but are still a general bad ass.

Taurus (April 23 - May 22)
    You are practical and persistent. You have a dogged determination and work like hell. Most people think you are stubborn and bullheaded. You are nothing but a goddamed communist.

Gemini (May 23 - June 22)
    You are a quick and intelligent thinker. People like you because you are bisexual. You are inclined to expect too much for too little. This means you are a cheap bastard. Gemini's are notorious for thriving on incest.

Cancer (June 23 - July 22)
    You are sympathetic and understanding to other people's problems, which makes you a sucker. You are always putting things off. That is why you will always be on welfare and won't be worth a shit. Everyone in prison is a Cancer.

Leo (July 23 - Aug 22)
    You consider yourself a born leader. Others think you are an idiot. Most Leo's are bullies. You are vain and cannot tolerate criticism. Your arrogance is disgusting.
    Leo people are thieving motherfuckers and enjoy
    masturbation more than sex.

Virgo (Aug 23 - Sept 22)
    You are a logical type and hate disorder. Your
    shit-picking attitude is sickening to your friends and co-workers. You are cold and unemotional and often fall asleep while fucking. Virgo's make good bus drivers and pimps.

Libra (Sept 23 - Oct 22)
    You are the artistic type and have a difficult time dealing with reality. If you are a male you are probably queer.
    Chances for employment and monetary gain are nill. Most Libra women are whores. All Libra's die of venereal disease.

Scorpio (Oct 23 - Nov 22)
    You are the worst of the lot. You are shrewd in business and cannot be trusted. You shall achieve the pinnacle of success because of your total lack of ethics. You are the perfect son-of-a-bitch. Most Scorpio's are murdered.

Sagittarius (Nov 23 - Dec 22)
    You are optimistic and enthusiastic. You have a reckless tendency to rely on your luck since you have no talent.
    The majority of Sagittarians are drunks. You are a worthless piece of shit.

Capricorn (Dec 23 - Jan 22)
    You are conservative and afraid of taking risks. You are basically chickenshit. There has never been a Capricorn of any importance. You should kill yourself.

By _____ on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 02:26 am:

sun = aries
    moon = virgo
    rising = libra

all of that = contrived

i'm no astrology freak but i can see, for whatever reason, that somehow it works. natal charts are one thing, all the pop horoscopes are quite another. rob brezsney's real astrology is probably the best broad spectrum horoscope out there.

the worst thing about astrology is that it attracts all the loonies.

By Patrick on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 03:34 am:

i am tipsy scorpio.....

lets fight!!!!!!!!

then fuck!!!!!!!!!

good night

By Sober patrick on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 12:00 pm:

(sorry)

By J on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 12:13 pm:

I,m a Virgo,and I am honest,am STD free and like things to be neat and orderly,the only sign I don,t get along wth is Pisces for some reason.My mother and brother are pisces,so was the doughboy.

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 12:54 pm:

J, yet again you have something in common with my mother: she's also a Virgo...very neat, very compulsive....

By J on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 01:33 pm:

What a trip!! I take medication for my obsessive/compulsive disorder.I,m not half as bad as I use to be,but things have to be just right or I can,t think straight.It helped me when I had my business though,I have an eye for details.

By Waffles on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 01:42 pm:

what kind of business J

By PATRICK on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 01:42 pm:

GOD DAMN IT!!!!

By J on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 02:25 pm:

I had a office cleaning buisness,it was a franchise O.P.E.N.,I got sick of the bullshit from the franchise people,I quit 3 years ago this month,the first year and a half I thought doing nothing was just great,the last year and a half,not so great.My big job today is to send my envelope to Agatha I have her address so she should get it if I don,t have a last name I hope.I,m kicking myself for not going to New Orleans with Amee and Heather now,I hope they film the gig at Westgate.

By Nate on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 02:28 pm:

"Aries (Mar 23 - April 22)
    You have a wild imagination and often think you
    are being followed by the FBI or CIA. You have
    major influence on your friends and people resent you for flaunting your power. You lack confidence but are still a general bad ass. "

that's me to a T.

By Agatha on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 02:30 pm:

my real name is kelsey smith. it will get here, regardless. seven down, five to go. i am listening to an exene cervenka cd from the library and grooving on it. i played hookie from work today.

By Patrick on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 02:40 pm:

lucky

By Margret on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 03:27 pm:

I am a sagittarius. I abandoned all hope a while back.
    Hey, Agatha/Kelsey/Queen Rocker...
    it's time.
    E-mail me your home address.
    I will send some crap that will fit in a 9 x 12 envelope.
    Ciao.

By Patrick on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 03:31 pm:

hey J, you should start a nude cleaning service.....it's big business here.....at least in the gay community, the rich fuckers.....nico and i thought about hiring one once, "oops honey you missed a spot...."

By J on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 04:26 pm:

I did pretty good just wearing shorts and a tanktop,somtimes I,d wear my bikini under my clothes when I had to clean the showers at Air Products.I had many guys ask me if I would clean their houses,one guy asked me if I would clean his apt. in a skirt.

By Aga-tha on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 09:14 pm:

i am also a sag. margret, i will email you.

By Cyst on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 09:38 pm:

what's the url for a place where it asks you for your date, place and time of birth and calculates your sun, moon and rising signs for you?

not that I believe or anything.

By heather on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 10:06 pm:

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 10:35 pm:

Beware: extreme self-indulgence to follow...

It said this about me:

You are always questioning and learning, and you seem young and alive no matter what your chronological age, for your mind is always alert, curious, flexible and open to new experiences.
    You have a childlike enthusiasm for anything new and you learn easily, but you also get bored rather quickly. You can be something of a scatterbrain, for you tend to have so many ideas and irons in the fire that it is hard to keep track of them all. You need and crave variety, change, mental stimulation, and an active social life.

Articulate, clever, often funny and witty, you are always a refreshing and interesting conversationalist. You enjoy meeting and interacting with a variety of different people. You are friendly, flirtatious, and charming in a light, playful way, and no matter how badly you may be feeling, you never appear heavy or somber. You may seem frivolous to other, more serious souls. You have a sense of humor and a sense of perspective that prevents you from taking yourself or life too seriously. In fact, you may seem flippant or unconcerned about matters that others consider very important.

In general, you respond to life mentally and objectively rather than emotionally, and you may not empathize with people very much. You do not like to be weighed down with too much responsibility or with others' emotional burdens. Furthermore, if you cannot UNDERSTAND something reasonably and logically, then very often you would prefer to ignore it, including your own and other people's irrational feelings, desires, and needs.

Consistency and reliability are not great virtues of yours and your life is apt to be full of changes and movement due to your restlessness. You become nervous and fidgety if things are not moving quickly enough. You are interested in what is current and up-to-date, the newest trends in thought or style.

Your gifts are a quick mind, verbal facility, a flair for language, social sophistication and polish, the ability to communicate, converse, and build bridges between people and between ideas. You tend to become an incessant chatterbox or gossip if you do not have work or other involvements that utilize your mental, verbal, and social skills.

You are, in many ways, an eternal child. Your mind is bright, alert, curious, flexible, playful, and always eager for new experiences - and your attention span is often quite brief. You grasp ideas quickly and once your initial curiosity has been satisfied, you want to go on to something else. You crave frequent change, variety, meeting new situations and people.

It may be hard for you to decide just where your talents and true vocation lies, for you have a multitude of interests and are loathe to limit yourself by concentrating on just one. You are easily distracted by all of the other fascinating possibilities. Your curiosity and restlessness propel you into many different experiences in life, and you are willing to taste or try anything once. Doing the same thing over and over again, even it is something you do well, is real drudgery for you.

You live in your head a great deal - reading, observing, thinking, spinning ideas around - and you need mental stimulation every bit as much as you need food and drink. In fact, if you had to choose between a good book or movie and a good lunch, you would very likely choose the former. You have a creative mind and often live by your wits.

You are also a very social creature, with a strong need to communicate and to interact with people. You enjoy using and playing with words and have a real flair for getting your ideas across in a clever, interesting, articulate manner. Writing or speaking are areas you have talent for.

You also have a rather light and mischievous sense of humor, and often do not take anything too seriously. Though you crave emotional involvement, it is hard for you to achieve it, for you are frequently unwilling to commit yourself to anything, to take responsibility, or to limit your personal freedom and mobility.

Your happiness lies in using your creativity and your language skills to communicate something meaningful, to teach, inspire, or bring people together. You have an unbiased mind and can usually offer a fresh, clear, uncluttered perspective. Your faults are your lack of constancy and persistence, and your tendency to overlook or ignore deep emotional issues and other
    people's feelings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I don't know how clever and witty and charming and flirtatious I am. And I don't crave an active social life. And I'm not an incessant chatterbox. Really. And I *do* care about other people's emotions. But other than that, I agree!

By Cyst on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 01:52 am:

funny how pretty much everything they say about everyone is positive.

By No genius on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 02:25 am:

here's mine from the november vanity fair:

aquarius

if you're feeling energized and evervated at the same time this month, there's a very good astrological reason for it. your ruling planet is going forward as neptune transits the moon's south node. if chaos is truly a main ingredient of genius, then you could be right up there with leonardo da vinci, thomas edison, and steven hawking. on the other hand, your current discombobulation may merely be a sign that you're losing it. in that case, you have to face the possibility that you're just another aquarian nut gifted with the power of rationalization.

By Cyst on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 02:25 am:

those personal profiles only talk about your ascendant and sun signs.

what's the significance of one's moon sign?

not that I believe or anything.

By heather on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 03:34 am:

moon

according to this very school-looking happyesque site

By _____ on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 09:04 am:

all right, heather. what about earth?

By _____ on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 09:11 am:

that chart analysis from chartshop was totally weak. like i would ever spend any money for more of that.

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 10:14 am:

i tried it again...different birth year and time and place of birth.....same exact description. So there ya go.

By Patrick on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 12:04 pm:

generalizations folks, and cyst stop lying....moon sign, fun sign shoe shine.....humbub shumbub..they make intersting reading, but they reinforce what we want to hear, they offer ideas as to whay things may be so great or so bad that month....easing of some insecurities

By heather on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 03:12 pm:

those charts aren't about the month or day.. they're just about you in general

i originally looked at that site last year and on the free chart stuff they included sun, moon, ascendant, mercury and one other portion of the reading which together were more interesting. now i guess it's just sun and ascendant

either way it's just a set of generalizations on each, such as what an ascendant in leo is sort of like- slapped together by the computer and not interpolated together

last year i ran a few for different people- they were all quite different. i agreed with most of mine (which i must add was not all "nice" stuff or what i might want to hear) and other people's descriptions seemed to suit them but not me at all

who cares

just as i don't believe the myth of the american way of staking your territory then starting the breeding

or maybe i do

you just keep believing what they tell you

By Patrick on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 03:23 pm:

you don't believe our gov't encourages home purchasing and child reering? When was the last time you did taxes? As a married couple who rents and has no children we get taxed the most. There is no myth, it's plain as day

By Patrick on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 03:23 pm:

Manifest Destiny?

By heather on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 04:26 pm:

that's my whole point

you are rewarded for perpetuating the myth

By Patrick on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 05:07 pm:

i was being sarcastic from the beginning...how can I perpetuate it if I am not a participant?

By heather on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 05:49 pm:

"you are rewarded for perpetuating the myth"

you=people

i have no idea what you participate in (except perhaps for irrelevant mud-slinging debates)

By Patrick on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 06:03 pm:

i think i have been on the defensive from you all day heather

participant in the american dream=buying house and having

thats the american dream or so it goes, if i have neither of those what exactly am i perpetuating it.

I am guessing that by even acknowleding it i can be seen as perpetuating it, but it's to much of a reality to ignore,

By Editors at large on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 06:16 pm:

5ht line minus "it"

2nd line add "kids"

By Publisher on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 06:16 pm:

"5th"

YOUR FIRED!! (to the editors)

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 06:29 pm:

Sack the person who sacked the editors. It should be "you're fired." Just so you know.

By Silent owners on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 06:31 pm:

we have a position for you

By Third silent Partner once removed on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 06:56 pm:

the position is as described on page 301,
    "The Complete Kama Sutra" (Inner Traditions Intl Ltd; ISBN: 0892815256 )

By Silent Owners on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 07:18 pm:

you see why he is no longer in the corporation, once removed is enough

By Third silent Partner once removed on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 07:37 pm:

assholes

By Silent Owner 2 on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 08:02 pm:

God damn it Jim, you never learned when to leave well enough alone did you, you never learned did you? huh? You never learned when to quit. Go ahead Jim, tell em about the 60k.. go ahead....tell em. You just couldn't stop with the 10k.
    Tell them how you just wouldn't leave that poor copy boy alone. You had to ride him about everything. You wanted someone to copy your distribution reports, you insisted on a copy boy, then you just harassed him to death becasue we own a cheap ass copies. Toner this... coallate that..... God damn it Jim......get a life and move on.

By the way i slept with your wife at the xmas party last year.

By Moonit on Thursday, October 28, 1999 - 06:50 pm:

Leo.

grrr.

By Sarah on Thursday, October 28, 1999 - 08:06 pm:

my horoscope this week from rob brezney:

I dreamed you had enrolled in wizard school.
    You wanted to learn how to cast evil spells
    on the most troublesome people in your life.
    I begged you to stop; it was bad karma. "But
    they have unfair advantages over me," you
    moaned, "and wicked magic is my only recourse."
    I had to admit that I was secretly pleased
    you were finally fighting back. In actual
    waking life, you too often let people walk
    all over you. But in the dream, I suggested
    a different remedy. "Why don't you merely
    masquerade as a sorcerer this Halloween,"
    I told you. "Maybe that'll awaken a little
    badness in your soul, which will in turn
    make your chronic goodness more effective."

you hear that kids? chronic goodness!!

By Gee on Friday, October 29, 1999 - 02:34 am:

Who is Rob Brezney? I liked that.

By Anita on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 01:58 pm:

Virgos are the sweetest people you will ever meet. I am a virgo and i am nice if you are nice to me. Virgos are the cleanest people you will ever meet. So whoever is haten on virgos dont hate cuz you a hater.

By semillama on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 02:49 pm:

eloquent.

I thought that maybe it was our Aussie Anita, but now my hopes have been dashed to the cruel, cold earth.

By Spider on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 05:42 pm:

"whoever is haten"

Hilarious!

By V.v. on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 07:58 pm:

Virgo girls are nice,but tend to worry to much.Scorpios are just a bunch of gremlins,and need to be fed with live spiders.

By Septembor on Monday, February 21, 2005 - 01:38 am:

I am Male 36 years old, DOB 6.9.1968 at Calcutta (5.29 AM local (indian)time).My mind is full
    of thoughts on incest with sis.

What is the likelyhood of Incest and cure.

By Mala-dicta on Monday, February 21, 2005 - 01:15 pm:

You must cut off your penis,it's the only cure.Hurry!!!!!!

By wisper on Monday, February 21, 2005 - 11:29 pm:

would porn be an okay substitute?
    Hentai has LOTS of incest themes.
    Try it out.

By J on Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 02:04 am:

No Whisper,cut it out,Cut It Out,for the womens.Hello,this sick fuck wants to boff his sister,where an we go with this? Jail is what I,m thinking.

By V on Tuesday, March 1, 2005 - 01:53 am:

J,...its just troll exuberence,not that I go along with that stuff.v happens to be a respectable troll.I myself only want to wipe out jack,the child molesting pervert.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact