We've got the music and the art exchange... how about food?

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: We've got the music and the art exchange... how about food?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
MoonUnit on Thursday, October 28, 1999 - 06:27 pm:

Seriously the junk food exchange... who wants to play?

By NZAngel on Friday, October 29, 1999 - 12:33 am:

Well I don't know, what did you have in mind to swap?

I joined weight watchers, so I don't have so much junk food around now.

By Gee on Friday, October 29, 1999 - 02:39 am:

Isn't it kind of hard to swap food through mail? It always is for me, anyway. I like to send people cookies when it's close to christmas, and it usually takes them a few weeks to get there. But maybe it would be better if I used a faster mode of delivery. But then I'm cheap. No wait, I'm poor. Small diffference.

Do they have "Treats" in the states or NZ? When I was little, my mother would take me there all the time and I'd get chocolate chip cookies. It's a chain bakery. Like Mrs. Fields.

By Patrick on Friday, October 29, 1999 - 11:51 am:

especially food coming from another country.....mmmmmmmmmm good and stinky....i want weeks old food in my mailbox......my mail person already has an attitude problem...

weight watchers? Of course I encourage to reach your goal, but isn't that a complete waste of money, much like Jenny Craig .........

i dunno, i just think if you want to loose weight, you just close your mouth and get off the couch.....

By MoonIt on Saturday, October 30, 1999 - 12:03 am:

Well i got sent peeps and dove eggs from New York and they tasted fine. I guess you have to pick what u can send...

uh Angel, should i just walk across town and drop some flyte bars in your letterbox... kinda like diet milky ways...

Gee we dont in New Zealand, and who the hell is Mrs Fields?

By Gee on Saturday, October 30, 1999 - 05:15 am:

Mrs Fields is an american chain store that sells cookies and wotnot. Mrs Fields cookies are soft and chewy, and Treats cookies are sharp and crisp. I actually prefer Mrs Fields, but I have fond memories of Treats.

By Nate on Saturday, October 30, 1999 - 03:37 pm:

i will mail fresh pacific seafood to anyone who wants it.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Saturday, October 30, 1999 - 07:10 pm:

Let's see... what do I want in exchange for Utz Potato Chips?

Maybe some cashew butter from the L.A. Farmers Market?

By Pamela on Sunday, October 31, 1999 - 06:08 pm:

Mail me some.

You've got the address.

Waiting...

By NZAngel on Monday, November 1, 1999 - 04:04 am:

I read somewhere that Flyte bars have about the same fat content as a Moro bar anyway.

I'll just stick to my lo fat choccy icecream!

I'm doing not too bad - 6.9kg after 8 weeks. I joined WW because I found that I lacked the discipline to stick to a healthy eating plan and keep up the exercise. Plus weighing in every week and writing down everything keeps me on track.

My friend has been doing Jenny Craig for most of this year. She's lost about 23kg. I decided against that because A. the food is really expensive and B. I need to cook for myself or I'll slip back into old habits. (Plus if I make healthy food for hubby and me, I won't be so tempted by the crap he normally eats.)

Actually, I'm not eating that differently, but I am doing more exercise (walking and swimming).

I can send monster lollies (leftover from Halloween) to anyone who wants them. They should travel ok, but the ghosts might get squashed.

By Moonit on Wednesday, November 3, 1999 - 01:56 am:

I've been going to the gym and climbing stairs at work. I've done JC and WW and I find that once I reach the goal and quit going I start the weight gain again. Its like I need the support/push which is pathetic.

Those strawberry ww bars are yum!

By NZAngel on Thursday, November 4, 1999 - 12:00 am:

I've only once tried to lose weight before, but the place I went to made you pop all these natural herbal supplement pills, and by the time I lost the weight I didn't want to keep taking all the pills on the maintenance plan. I'm hoping to change my habits enough to stick to the eating plan once I've lost weight, and if I need to, I'll go back.

Someone sent us Chupachups at work today.

Plus we are owed chocolate fish by a coworker who caused a lot of trouble for us today.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact