Alternative Uses for Dental Floss

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Alternative Uses for Dental Floss
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Nelly on Sunday, January 23, 2000 - 01:30 am:

any ideas for what to do with the 10 little packages of dental floss I discovered when I cleaned the bathroom cabinet? hate to throw anything away.

By agatha on Sunday, January 23, 2000 - 02:49 am:

make some mobiles to hang on your front porch.

By Isolde on Sunday, January 23, 2000 - 03:57 am:

Use them to remove loose teeth.

By Spider on Sunday, January 23, 2000 - 12:16 pm:

Knit a sweater.

By semillama on Sunday, January 23, 2000 - 02:27 pm:

Give them to the homeless.

By ZirconEncrustedTweezers on Sunday, January 23, 2000 - 03:57 pm:

Move to Montana and be a Dental Floss Tycoon.

By JusMiceElf on Sunday, January 23, 2000 - 06:25 pm:

Well, my friend Erhard uses dental floss (recycled) as tinder with his flint and steel when he lights his fireplace. So you've got a whole heap of tinder there.

By moonit on Sunday, January 23, 2000 - 07:07 pm:

tie your lover to the bed with it

By Gee on Sunday, January 23, 2000 - 07:29 pm:

how about you floss your teeth? a lot.

By Czarina on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 10:38 am:

make little voo-doo dolls and hang them from your rearview mirror

By J on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 11:47 am:

Run that floss through a big needle,anyone that you don,t care for,just sew their fucking mouths shut,then use the needle and carve your initials on their forhead,,,,then run..run..run..like the wind!!!

By MapleLeaf on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 12:27 pm:

Crochet a nice little doily.

By JusMiceElf on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 12:32 pm:

Wrap it tightly around your big toe until it gets all gangrene and falls off.

By Isolde on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 12:40 pm:

If it's waxed, watch out. The tinder possibilities are a little scary.
    Try ritually burning it, chanting loudly in Old Norse. Never know what might happen.

By semillama on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 01:02 pm:

Make a wig!

By R.C. on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 02:40 pm:

You cd always make thong bikinis for yrself & all yr friends.

By Carrie Ann on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 09:07 pm:

Save them til Halloween and hand them out, along with other HIGHLY popular items like travel toothbrushes, pencils, sugarfree hard candy, raisins... to unsuspecting goblins so you can forever be labled as that stingy old (anything over 20 is 'old' when you're that young) lady with the lame stuff. Then watch the kiddies flock to your doorstep to leave YOU some treats (or tricks) of their own.

Note: If it's in a small brown paper bag and on fire... just walk away.

By Scooby-Doo on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 10:45 pm:

Hey!I used to do that.

By J on Tuesday, January 25, 2000 - 09:53 am:

Me too,but I used a shoebox instead,burns longer.

By Dougie on Tuesday, January 25, 2000 - 09:57 am:

I always thought that was an urban legend, putting crap in a paper bag and lighting it on somebody's doorstep.

By J on Tuesday, January 25, 2000 - 10:16 am:

Come on Dougie,you never did that when you were a kid?I guess you never put a hose in a mailbox and turn it on either.Maybe you never got in trouble when you were a kid,I was always in trouble,I still am.When you do the shit on fire thing,it,s important to position yourself somewhere that you can see the door,put they can,t see you.

By MapleLeaf on Tuesday, January 25, 2000 - 10:33 am:

Who needs to be a kid to this? I did it last summer to a buddy. It became a topic of conversation at the tavern at the golf club. That is always a good practical joke to bring a guy back down to earth. Throwing a 35 pound Chinook Salmon on his lawn will do it also.

Some of us just never grow up.

By Dougie on Tuesday, January 25, 2000 - 10:45 am:

Nope, never did it. I figured the person to whom it was being done would know the urban legend as well and would know enough not to jump on the bag to put it out.

By Czarina on Tuesday, January 25, 2000 - 10:47 am:

You can come throw a 35 pound Chinook Salmon on my lawn any time.
    The burning dog shit has always been a favorite of mine,the best part is when you see the look on their face,and you know they JUST realized they shouldn't have stomped on it!

By J on Tuesday, January 25, 2000 - 10:58 am:

It,s even funnier if their pant leg catches on fire and they start beating their leg.

By MapleLeaf on Tuesday, January 25, 2000 - 11:25 am:

Where do you live? Probably a long way from anywhere that you can catch a Chinook...it would be pretty ripe by the time I get there....but then...it would be worth it just to meet you :)

By Czarina on Tuesday, January 25, 2000 - 11:29 am:

Down here in Cajun country.I'll show you my catfish,if you'll show me your Chinook.

By MapleLeaf on Tuesday, January 25, 2000 - 11:41 am:

It's a deal :)...and we can feed each other crawfish and shrimp.

By Czarina on Tuesday, January 25, 2000 - 11:50 am:

Purrrrr!

By Fagin on Friday, January 28, 2000 - 09:40 am:

We added a little pizzaz to the burning shit bag trick by filling their garbage can half full of water and leaning against the back door and knocking when we heard the cussing from the shit discovery. You must remember to leave the back gate open for speedy escape and not rely on the slipery shit foot to protect you.

By J on Friday, January 28, 2000 - 12:43 pm:

Looking at Nate and Markus post above reminds me how much fun you can have with clear plastic wrap and a toilet.Lift the lid, stretch that wrap across the bowl tight,when your mark goes potty it,s a real surprise.

By semillama on Friday, January 28, 2000 - 05:14 pm:

Filling garbage bags half full of water then dropping them down elevator shafts was ione of our favorites back in college. Scared teh shit out of people waiting for the elevator who thought the elevator just crashed.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact