Shadow government

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Shadow government
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Pat on Thursday, May 11, 2000 - 07:38 pm:

Checked another 'encyclopedia of mind control,' and found a shadow government by Big Business; in the words of their lobbyists, "it is our reality"

scientific name: 'behavior modification'

Liberals: rear admiral Stansfield Turner, former president Carter's DCI director, injured January of this year, in a small plane accident. His wife died. And, U.S. Senators Sam Ervin, Frank Church and Ted Kennedy, and Congressmen Otis Pike and Don Edwards.
    Conservatives: long list of government officials and, research scientists Dr. Jose M.R. Delgado of Yale University School of Medicine (NY Times article, 'Matador' with Radio Stops Bull, 05-17-65), and National Institutes of Health (NIH) and National Institutes of Mental Health (NIMH) research information of Dr. John Lilly, Ph. d. Also, vice-president John Rockefeller and President Gerald Ford.

The Church and Pike Committee Reports were issued after Congressman Don Edwards held hearing on domestic surveillance of dissidents by the National Security Agency (NSA, opening of personal mail, telegrams, and investigating those they associated with--not just wiretapping phone calls). It led to Vice-president John Rockefeller Report to the President: CIA domestic operations. This then led to Sen. Ted Kennedy's subcommittee on Health and Scientific Research hearings on the infamous program of research into 'behavior modification' of the CIA's MK-Ultra Project. Intended as a way to interrogate prisoners, it started in '52, the same year the NSA was formed. Subcommittee's conclusion: no useful results were found, and that, it ended in '63. Officials did not point out in the part of the hearings open to the public that, it did continue, and workable results on humans were found. The implications would have been staggering if the total success had been given to president Nixon or to former FBI director J. Edgar Hoover. Officials covered-up the death (from LSD experimentation) of Army Chemical Corps Special Operations officer Dr. Frank Olson. After 22 years, the Olson family compared themselves to families in the Third World, where CIA intervention destroyed their hopes for a better life.
    Animals were first controlled like electronic toys, using implanted electrodes. Behavior was then 'modified' by remote transmission of electrical impulses, like the Navy's communications program, Project Sanguine (Northern Wisconsin, communications with submarines thousands of miles beneath the ocean and across the world). Human mental processes were then directly 'modified' without implanted electrodes (electronic transmission interface with living neurotransmitters in the brains--machine and neuromembranes). Physiological functions were then 'modified,' or memory extracted through thin air. The scientists' quest centered on finding the exact electrical frequencies that were based on brain physiology (neurophysiology). Maping the different regions of the brains, showed those responsible for emotions, thoughts, or simple physiological functions. Human experimentation with psychedelics like LSD, showed how mental processes were mimicked.
    Technological advances in aerospace and anti-missile or strategic defense initiative (SDI), helped in putting the information to use. Combining military Operations Other Than War (OOTW), intelligence agencies, and domestic law enforcement, into joint sharing of technology in '94 (Presidential Decision Directive 24), took its use a little further. The Big 3 automakers and federal negotiators got a trade agreement with Japan, '98, while susing 'intelligence technology.' Federal negotiators found out in advance, what the Japanese negotiators were going to offer in the negotiating sessions. It was the same technology!! Changing the actions and thoughts of a prisoner or a group of protesting environmentalists, falls within the capabilities of both Big Brother and big Business.
    The private companies and conservative tink tanks that did the research, kept the information for their own use. The CIA gave away tax payer-funded technolgy; now they cannot effectively defend themselves from it. These large companies form a shadow government that uses the technology on elected officials. It intimidates employees and competitors, and passes profits on to smaller companies through work contracts. Republicans are afraid of their shadow, their shadow government. They made this shadow government by maintaining less regulatory control. Nixon was elected president when the January, '67, Apollo accident gave him the advantage (the moon landing was delayed until after the election--'69). Check the news footage: it was used on President Clinton in the '92 and '96 presidential campaigns. The most popular governor of Texas, Ann Richards was defeated by the use of the technology.
    Small towns are controlled like Robber Barons at work. Juneau, the Capital city of Alaska (a tourist and fish exporting state) has a no-body-odor-allowed-in-public-transit policy!! It is enforced by arresting and jailing customers of the public transit system. Like a new racial profiling policy being implemented, tourists and fishermen could be told they have body odor according to their race.
    The NIH and NIMH research scientists' favorite task was inducing repeated wet dreams on animal subjects. Imagine a large group of congressional aides and staffers being given wet dreams, all on the same night. Because animal experimentations were not difficult to extrapolate into humans, once the implanted electrodes were replaced by completely remote electrical stimulation, it evolved into the biggest blackmail technology there is. It is the biggest leverage over consumer privacy, and safety protections ever surrendered to Big Business. Former Treasury Secretary Robert Rubin was given an obscure and vaguely defined executive position in the new mega merger of Citicorp (NY, NY) and Travelers Insurance Group (Hartford, CT). With a huge Congressional nod of approval (about 431 to 4), the merger (Citigroup, new name) brought down consumer protection Depression Era laws (it joined banking, insurance, and brokerage services into one). Citicorp used its leverage over the average person to deny financial services to the needy. Consider the incentives that were given to the group of approximately 431 Congressmen, in order to reverse those laws designed to avoid a Big Crash. The shadow government also has a dangerous leverage over state and federal occupational safety and health (OSHA) investigations, by maintaining personnel in Ogden, UT and Cinncinati, OH at bay. State and federal EPA agencies also find themselves in check by this shadow government. Allowing such leverage over environmental safety regulations is a dangerous precedent. On an airplane, a specific seat can be assigned to a specific passenger, or the captain be directed into specific flight paths. In '97, an Alaska Airlines captain leveled his jet at 10,000 from 13,000 feet. It then flew through the 4 jet exhaust shock waves of another plane 4 times its size. Republicans push for those mega mergers and lax regulatory food inspections: Sizzler Restaurants (Northwest) and meat packers (Nebraska-Midwest area) closed, when E. coli bacteria infected food and meat. The U.S. Dept. of Agriculture (USDA seal of approval) buys canned Alaskan Salmon ('95-'99) for consumption in public schools across the country. Japanese school kids got sick from E. coli infected seafood, '98.
    Company owners like H. Brindle, Alec Brindle, Nicolas Salopek, and David Forbush at Wards Cove Packing Co. (Seattle, WA), managers at Unisea Corp. (Kyoto, Japan), and Peter Pan, Inc.'s Seven Seas Fishing Company, Inc., use the INS and the technology to intimidate employees, and receive work contracts from other companies in repayment. Local, state, and federal agencies operate within the shadow government. In Wards Cove Packing Co. v. Atonio ('89), the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in favor of the employer, then it was reversed by the Civil Rights Act of '91. Wards Cove Packing Co. processed, packed, and shipped spoiled and rotten Salmon fish for export. Trendy retailer Eddie Bauer (clothes from sweatshop labor) awards on-location work contracts to smaller companies; like Thunder Mountain Cafe (Juneau, AK), and large companies like Pepsico's Pizza Hut Restaurant
    (Pepsicola, Atlanta, GA) and United Parcel Service (UPS, Atlanta, GA) intimidate employees with the technology, and the use of private patrols and investigative services. Republicans and Postal Rate Commissioners have called for the privatization of the U.S. Postal Service (USPS). That move would benefit UPS, currently the largest package delivery company in the world. Even preachers like Mike Rose and John Petijohn at denominations like the Assemblies of God Churches (St. Louis, MO, and Juneau, AK), use the technology to get financing for church building construction, while threatening and intimidating people. It also allows them to preach with special messages about people, while the technology 'modifies' the 'victims' thoughts and emotions (all in the name of profits). It would be rediculous to say that, there has not been any such 'celestial' special messages from preachers, in the news at all. Other companies like Kroger Co. (Cinncinati, OH) rewarded Fred Meyers, Inc. (Portland, OR), which then rewarded QFC, Inc. (Bellevue, WA) after it squeezed 40% of business from a neighborhood store. The big reward: they merged with each other. And specialty companies like Cosco Co. (Issaquah, WA) use their leverage to discriminate against Hispanics.
    Congressional PORK money also benefits large corporations (the shadow government) by distributing federal research, construction, and social services spending within their states: the students in the recent 10 mass school shootings did role playing, had 'magical powers,' or were in a dream state, when they shot their fellow students. And, 7 were on behavior-modifying drugs. Considering that the technology incapacitates a 'victim,' the 16-year-old student in the Mississippi state shooting (the state of Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott, ex-oficio member of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence--intelligence oversight) was told before he did the shootings that he would have 'magical powers.' Also, like the best blackmail technolgy in use, 6 of the 10 states in which the shootings occurred (CO, PA, KY, MS, AK, WA) have 7 U.S. Senators on the committee on Appropriations (spending bills), and 4 of the 7 are on the subcommittee on Defense (intelligence oversight, states of Mississippi, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, and Alaska). Senator Ted Stevens of Alaska (Republican) is committee and subcommittee chairman. The pro-environmental state of Oregon, which is not included in the 6 states above, had both a mass school shooting and a mysterious oil spill (oil tanker grounding, '98) within the same 4th Congressional district.
    This shadow government controls freedom of thought and expression, not just through soft money. That is how the needy are kept out of economic opportunities. In '98, downtown Washington, D.C. was made to evacuate because of an Anthrax scare. Several peace and social justice activists have had strange accidents similar to like-minded elected officials: John Denver, singer/writer had a small plane accident (John F. Kennedy, Jr., nephew of Sen.Ted Kennedy, and rear admiral Stansfield Turner, former president Carter's DCI director, also did); John Lennon of the Beattles' Give Peace a Chance writer/singer/peace activist was shot; and, Sonny Bono of duo Sonny and Cher had a skiing accident (Michael Kennedy, also).
    The preceding information gives credence to George Orwell's introduction to his book Animal Farm. There is more effective censorship (by Big Business) in a free and open society than a dictatorship. It sounds like U.S. Sen. Frank Church at the committee hearings. George Orwell added: "unpopular ideas can be silenced, and inconvenient FACTS kept DARK, without the need for an official ban."
    Big Business and Big Brother can track hackers without the need to follow their electronic footprints. Hackers, phreackers, and crackers, check: like 21st century Robber Barons (fat cats), Big Business and Big Brother have made a banana republic (there is no accountability to or from anyone). A little sunlight is the best disinfectant.

By Dougie on Thursday, May 11, 2000 - 09:50 pm:

Uh, are we supposed to read this, or something?

By J on Friday, May 12, 2000 - 01:17 pm:

I read it,Pat knows about the chips.

By Gil on Friday, May 12, 2000 - 09:37 pm:

How about the part on Hackers, at the end.

By simon on Saturday, May 13, 2000 - 01:10 pm:

Cat's out of the bag. Don't be too surprised now if Pat dies in a tragic freak accident.

By semillama on Saturday, May 13, 2000 - 01:22 pm:

Cut and paste paranoia - gotta love it.

Rather incoherent, didn't you think?

Oh, I'm sorry it's the MIND CONTROL that made me say that.

Wait! You can't trust anything I say, I work for the GOVERNMENT! Ooga Booga Booga!

By Nate on Saturday, May 13, 2000 - 10:58 pm:

i killed jfk

By Isolde on Saturday, May 13, 2000 - 11:27 pm:

anything you say may be used against you.

By semillama on Saturday, May 13, 2000 - 11:42 pm:

anyone you lay may be turned against you.

By Antigone on Sunday, May 14, 2000 - 09:37 pm:

anything you spray may be smeared upon you

Slobodon, you swine, I wish a pox upon you

never, I say, should you mix epoxy and glue

By Nate on Saturday, June 24, 2000 - 08:20 pm:

you know,
    this reminds me of
    a something
    that happened
    earlier that year.

no,
    it was a few years before.
    1963. Late March, near my Birthday.

My now-birthday,
    not
    my then-birthday.

those things are
    not
    consistant,
    and
    you would be suprised
    to learn
    how much
    that matters.

something holds
    in
    zodiacical cannon.
    and
    just as what we
    preceive isn't always
    interpreted
    by all facets
    of
    who we are,
    what we produce isn't always
    influenced
    by
    the same source.

you catch my drift?

your soul is the thread
    your mind moves the loom
    the pattern remains after the weaver dies

the thread is very
    long

more than one weaver
    will build the tapestry
    every thread
    knows
    the extent of itself
    sometimes the weaver
    stops to
    look
    at the work to date

who knows

i can't wait until
    i can
    step back and see
    the whole thing
    for myself

and everyone
    elses

that
    is where hell comes in

but anyway
    she rode an elephant
    Jackie did
    Mrs. Kennedy
    at the time

the US
    and
    the USSR
    signed
    a joint agreement
    on
    the exploration of space

and i graduated
    from UC Berkeley

Kennedy
    spoke
    at the ceremony

i didn't go
    fuck
    that shit
    i've never
    liked
    those things.

By dave. on Sunday, June 25, 2000 - 02:20 am:

bullshit.

By Antigone on Sunday, June 25, 2000 - 02:41 am:

you are a crispy cat sphincter

By Nate on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 09:52 am:

fuck off.

By Jay on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 12:46 pm:

has anyone seen my Hot Carl Muncher?
    can't find that bitch anywhere.
    maybe i left it with my crispy cat shincter.
    hope not.

By patrick on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 12:54 pm:

i got a hot carl over the weekend.

By Cat Hogan on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 04:39 pm:

I threw a yank on the barbie.

By semillama on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 06:48 pm:

Speaking of hot carls and yanks on barbies, I hear "Crocodile Dundee 3" is in the works.

By Mavis on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 06:56 pm:

no way!!!!!! that's great, mate!

By Cat on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 07:02 pm:

Too bloody right. But the face-lifted LA-living Paul Hogan trying to play some rugged Aussie hero? Reckon he's got a few roos loose in his top paddock.

By moonit on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 11:35 pm:

Yeah they should give his part to Steve the Crocodile Hunter.

My friend Jamie would be in heaven. Heaven I tell you.

By Gee on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 12:34 am:

they should give the part to Vince's boyfriend, Cameron. he's australian. that would keep him out of Stuart's way, that's for sure!

last two parts of the gay soap opera tonight, Moony. then the two hour movie next week, and then (sniffle) nothing.

By moont on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 05:12 am:

Yeah can't remember that actors name. I think he was on Neighbours.

Its okay Gee that soap is coming back. I'm sure of it!

By Moonit on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 05:24 am:

By Daniel ssss on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 06:01 pm:

gawd: I'm gone two weeks and look what happens. I have to actually read the words to make any sense of this.

THEy raised my car insurance because I moved across a political divide called a county line. I drive the same car in the same places but my Domocile moved and THEY decided it was time to be more accident prone.

Everything will be held against you, she said offensively. Everything.

The secretary in the blue dress wore no underwear yesterday because it was my first day back on the job. Better than only underwear and no dress. Yeah, shadow government is always on my mind.

Power to the commercial-free internet.

By Jay on Wednesday, June 28, 2000 - 08:23 am:

i think i'd have to go for underwear and no dress myself.
    i used to work at a phone sex place, monitoring the lines for people who wanted to talk about fucking children or dogs, shit like that.
    the phones were scattered about this office and i could see some of the girls from my desk. this one girl would stick her hand down her pants and start at me while getting some guy off on the phone. she was this really hot spanish girl to.
    needless to say, we hooked up.

By Czarina on Wednesday, June 28, 2000 - 09:43 am:

Somehow,Jay,I always pictured you working in a place like that.

By Jay on Wednesday, June 28, 2000 - 11:14 am:

i was young, i needed the money.

By Isolde on Thursday, June 29, 2000 - 05:23 pm:

Damn. I wish I had that job. Better than what I'm doing now.

By Nate on Sunday, July 2, 2000 - 01:20 pm:

i had this dream this morning. i was courting this woman with short hair. she was like a cross between kali and my ex-girlfriend, with no negative aspects. i wasn't really me, either. i was someone else.

anyway. a lot i don't remember happened, and then we got to her apartment. i think someone had been following her or something. there was some evil weighing on her. so we get into her apartment and she goes to take a piss. for some reason a lot of women don't close the door when they piss around me. i don't get it, but who cares. i don't close the door a lot when i piss, either. very secure with my member, i am.

so her piss turns into this really juicy sounding crap. no women ever do that with the door open around me. she seems really suprised by what the bathroom run has turned into, and shuts the door embarassedly. feeling a little embarassed myself, i wander into her bedroom.

there is a man there. a very evil man. i could tell, in a way i cannot explain. we talk about something or another. it becomes clear that he intends to kill us both. he is very confident, telling me plainly his plans. like a comic book antihero. he doesn't know who i am, obviously. i'm some kind of demon hunter.

she walks into the room. i see in his eyes that he is about to grab her, so i begin my humming chant. like mumbled gregorian, or something. aHmmmmDohhhhSayyyHmmmmmm. I move in close and start battling him in slow, fluid motion. aki-do-esque manipulation of his strikes. humchanting the whole time.

i am getting close to destroying him when he turns into a little brown headed doll-man. obviously my subpsyche lifted this from the child's play movies. i attempt to destory the doll, but it slips my grasp before i can crush the head.

the doll is gone and a giant computer display pulls down from the ceiling. on the screen are numerous city names. the next part of the movie is available in these cities. please call ahead to activate.

we chose the closest city with a flashing name.

i woke.

By Tj on Monday, July 3, 2000 - 12:26 am:

COOL, when is this coming out on video or dvd????

By J on Monday, July 3, 2000 - 02:27 am:

Even more important,how do you feel today??

By Jay on Monday, July 3, 2000 - 07:16 am:

i had this dream last night that i was watching the news and they were showing the days sports. there was this big thing at the indy 500 where a cop car was going to jump all these other cars as a stunt before the start of the race. the cop car came around one of the turns and hit the ramp at high speed but only went 12 feet they said. he crashed on top of the other cars and his head came out thru the windshield and he came to rest lying on the hood of the car. all twisted and shit.
    the impact had torn off his shirt and he was bleeding and the news camera had this extreme close up of the whole thing and after a few moments thr rescue people arrived and the news anchor said they couldn't show anymore because it was to graphic. i guess once they lifted the guy up all his innards fell out or his jugular started spraying everywhere.

By Zephyr on Monday, July 3, 2000 - 09:45 am:

Don't drive today.

By Jay on Monday, July 3, 2000 - 02:39 pm:

i remember thinking "well at least it was a cop"

By Nate on Monday, July 3, 2000 - 05:41 pm:

i'm a cop you sonofabitch.

By Zephyr on Monday, July 3, 2000 - 06:00 pm:

No you're not.

By Gee on Tuesday, July 4, 2000 - 12:58 am:

how do you know?

By Jay on Wednesday, July 5, 2000 - 07:23 am:

remember the all cops eat cock statement?
    don't fall into it again.
    had one of those funky high school dreams last night (i'm well out of high school). i was walking around with this porno mag and all i wanted to do was find somewhere private so i could check it out and maybe snap the radish, but i kept bumping in to all these people i knew. no one ever asked about the magazine, i think i was carrying it in plain site.

By semillama on Wednesday, July 5, 2000 - 06:05 pm:

I'm trying to convince myself that the last five days weren't a great dream. Also trying to convince myself that right now is a bad dream, and that i will wake up where the good dream was.

By Gee on Wednesday, July 5, 2000 - 11:44 pm:

By agatha on Wednesday, July 5, 2000 - 11:51 pm:

are you going to elaborate, sem?

By Jay on Thursday, July 6, 2000 - 07:42 am:

interesting, Gee. how bout that.

By semillama on Thursday, July 6, 2000 - 12:52 pm:

Agatha: see WAYD for more details.

By Zephyr on Thursday, July 6, 2000 - 04:26 pm:

"By Nate on Monday, July 3, 2000 - 05:41 pm:
    i'm a cop you sonofabitch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By Zephyr on Monday, July 3, 2000 - 06:00 pm:
    No you're not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By Gee on Tuesday, July 4, 2000 - 12:58 am:
    how do you know?

"

I have my ways.

By semillama on Thursday, July 6, 2000 - 07:04 pm:

Milk (blindfolded): Whoops! Cops! scamper!

Cheese: How did you know?

Milk: Cop Smell!

By Nate on Thursday, July 6, 2000 - 08:23 pm:

oh shit, milk and cheese.

By Jay on Thursday, July 6, 2000 - 10:10 pm:

dairy products clog my poop

By Biro on Thursday, July 6, 2000 - 10:23 pm:

just returned from a wedding, cool venue, renovated church built in 1926. Good food, good music, I danced with some retired Doctor who was a riot. My husband did not come with me, he will pay dearly for it, but I did have a great time being single and dancing up a storm. My question is how can women wear high heels for any length of time, my feet were killing me before I even got out of the car. And strapless bras, why is it that we have come so far with technology and yet still cannot perfect a strapless bra that doesn't end up of your butt? Go bra-less... NOT ..my boobs are far to huge to not have some holster. This has nothing to do with anything, just a bit of rambling... I thank god that my job requires nothing more than shorts and stupid ass Hawaiin (sp) shirts.. Oh, and the harpist was cool, tho she could have kept her legs together a bit more...... not a pretty sight.

By Isolde on Thursday, July 6, 2000 - 10:40 pm:

I drove on the wrong side of the road for almost an hour last night by accident. Need sleep.

By J on Friday, July 7, 2000 - 12:40 am:

blueberries make me regular.

By Jay on Friday, July 7, 2000 - 07:56 am:

how do you dance up a storm to someone playing the harp? a few guiness maybe?
    i think blueberry is perhaps my favorite flavor. raspberrys pretty good but those seeds get stuck in my teeth. i'm not really lactose intolerant. a friend of mine is and if he drinks milk his farts will knock a buzzard off the back of a shitwagon.

By Nate on Friday, July 7, 2000 - 09:36 am:

damn, jay. i think this fecal thing has played itself out.

By Jay on Friday, July 7, 2000 - 12:08 pm:

i'm obsessed i know. i need counseling. although i can't stand to be psycho analyzed. i have a friend who does counseling for a living and i never tell him anything. if i do he always wants to know how i'm feeling about the situation or if i've looked at my own role in it and what about things the other person might be dealing with and all this. it drives me nuts.
    it's like, dude, they fucked me at the drive thru. end of story.

By Nate on Friday, July 7, 2000 - 12:27 pm:

damn. all i've ever gotten from the drive thru was cheap fast food.

By Dougie on Friday, July 7, 2000 - 06:23 pm:

I worked at Mickey D's when I was in high school. We used to use the frozen 1/4 pounders as hockey pucks on the greasy fake brick tile floor, and one time, while working the drivethrough, I handed a guy 2 large drinks sitting catty-corner in those cardboard drink carriers. I looked away and thought he had it but didn't and it went all over his pants. He was pissed and I was cracking up. He wanted to kill me. He parked the car and stormed up to the counter. Fortunately the manager was a weightlifter. Gave the guy back his money which calmed him down. I never eat at McDonald's.

By Cat on Friday, July 7, 2000 - 08:55 pm:

I eat at McDonalds when I travel and get homesick and want something familiar. I love seeing the slight variations to the menus in different countries. In most Asian countries, they have rice and in France, they have salads. It's kind of strange to see the different terms for Big Macs too, but I can't remember them now. I think the german version was funny, but I can't recall why.

By Jay on Friday, July 7, 2000 - 09:29 pm:

i was at a mcdonalds in the phillipines and they had beer and pizza and spaghetti. and you could get breakfast all day long.

By Isolde on Saturday, July 8, 2000 - 12:17 am:

Ok. Speaking of government, check this out. I play a game called wordox. It censors things:
    ass=butt fuc=frick damn=darn cum=stuff boner/stiffy=hangover cunt=lollipop wassup=whbuttup shit=crap pussy=toast blowjob=dollar asshole=tentpole, etc.
    I find this odd. And strikingly hilarious. For example: gimme a blowjob, you assfucking cunt! turns into: gimme a dollar, you buttfricking lollipop! How cool is that?

By Isolde on Saturday, July 8, 2000 - 12:19 am:

Now, you might ask "why is is that I suddenly Isolde striking juvenile for discovering this?" And you know whatr I have to say?
    Frick you, you buttfricking tentpole of an excuse to lollipop my dollar!

By Gee on Saturday, July 8, 2000 - 01:26 am:

I still can't believe they don't have mcchicken's in california. I can't wait to go back and see if they've gotten modern yet.

is it just california, or all of the states? when I was there they had crispy chickens and some kind of grilled chicken, but no McChickens. man. freaking backwater heathens.

By Biro on Saturday, July 8, 2000 - 02:24 am:

The harpist was not the dancing bit, that was two guys who played soso, used a lot of snythasized shit. Everytime the photographer was snapping the "girls" all did the stomach in breast out poses....... I won hands down on the breasts out bit. Quite proud of myself.

By Nate on Saturday, July 8, 2000 - 12:16 pm:

we have mcchicken sandwiches. i don't know what you're going off about.

i genuinely enjoy mcdonalds.

By semillama on Saturday, July 8, 2000 - 03:19 pm:

I only succumb to that bland crap in March, for shamrock shakes.

I really like Subway. I also like Culver's once in a while for their custard.

What I really liked was all the restaurants I ate at in Portland (yeah, I know you all are all sick of my gushing about that city, but I really clicked there, OK?), and for me, a carnivore, to fip over vegan food is something else.

By Nate on Saturday, July 8, 2000 - 03:36 pm:

vegan food is a subset.

why don't you move to portland? shit, life is too short to live off coast.

By Jay on Saturday, July 8, 2000 - 05:52 pm:

yes, the coast is where its at. i couldn't imagine living in some place like kansas. first thing i notice upon stepping off an airplane after being away from florida for a while, besides the motherfucking humidity, is the smell of the ocean. nothing like it. no fightin', no warin' no takin' a shit can beat the smell of the ocean.

By Nate on Saturday, July 8, 2000 - 07:58 pm:

i hear ya. once, i smelled the ocean so hard i shot my pants. i swear it is true.

i've been thinking a lot lately about oceans. and mountains. and death. and old people doing the timewarp.

fucking a.

it's true.

By Isolde on Sunday, July 9, 2000 - 02:36 am:

Hrm. Thank you for sharing, Nate. I rarely shit my pants when smelling the ocean. Sometimes it gets kinda stinky, though, especially around here.

By Nate on Sunday, July 9, 2000 - 12:34 pm:

uhm, that's not what a meant.

By semillama on Sunday, July 9, 2000 - 03:27 pm:

The plan is to move to the NW. I am geearing up to tweak the resume and scout out all the CRM companies out there and start sending resumes this fall.

Watch the fuck out if I do manage to land a job in that region, I plan to rock out with my cock out!

By Nate on Sunday, July 9, 2000 - 04:01 pm:

holy shit.

you might want to cut back on the cheap beer and wrestling, man.

By Margret on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 09:08 am:

I like McDonald's. It's not entirely bland. There is some alchemical transubstntiation of flavour that takes places around the cheese meltiness, condiments and pickles in a Quarter Pounder with Cheese.
    Sen, you should definitely move to the Northwest. Then I can visit my own personal world in two junkets, East and West Coast. You can also join the move west lobby.

By Jay on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 10:02 am:

i live in florida, near the beach but didn't go for years because i worked there and was like "fuck that i'm not spending my day off on the beach"
    so yesterday i went to the beach for the first time in a while. submerged myself in the sea and it was beautiful. forgot how much peace and enjoyment i receive from the ocean. i really don't dig the beach, sand in your ass crack and all that, but the ocean itself i love.
    everyone was freaking out because there were stingrays swimming around. as long as you don't step on them they're fine. take a minute and enjoy the beauty of their movement thru the water.
    i want to be more like the ocean. no talkin', all action.

By J on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 10:23 am:

I live in a the pit of hell,Arizona.A certain bastard has made me help him make new window screens for every window of our house,all 20 of them.What a bitch in the miserable heat.I am jealous of anyone that lives where it is 80 degrees or less.I want to live by the ocean too.That song by Fastball,The Way,that is how I want to go.Espeacially the part,"the children woke up,and they couldn't find them".....

By Jay on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 11:23 am:

yeah i've been through arizona in the summer. hot. it's not below 80 here by a long shot. running in the 90's. i don't think it gets lower than 80 even in the middle of the night. it's like 85 by 8am. but yeah, i've got the seabreeze and all that.

By cyst on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 11:34 am:

where all did you go in portland, sem?

I had a great portland weekend. I was so bad.

I remember very late saturday night, drunk on free margaritas gifted by the bartender, thinking, I'm too fucking old to be crammed into a bathroom stall with two other people, snorting coke and making out.

By Biro on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 04:17 pm:

I too live near the beach - when my son was still in diapers we were "doing the stingray shuffle" when some silly old sod shouts from the beach, 'GET OUT OF THE WATER, THERE ARE STINGRAYS ALL AROUND YOU" - needless to say I ignored the idiot, it was wonderful standing there with stingrays just swimming by, the feel of their wings brushing past our legs, the sheer joy of being amongst them was wonderful. Its when some dumbass stomps into the water and treads on one - then they sting. Who could blame them? Not me!

By TBone on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 06:40 pm:

I live in a town completely surrounded by mountains. I live right at the base of one. Literally. I can walk out my door and start climbing. There's a river that runs through town and completely screws up all hope of navigation. The north-south/east-west streets mesh with the parralell-to-the-river/perpendicular-to-the-river streets... then there's the bridges...

But a beautiful place to live. Not hot, either.

By semillama on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 07:00 pm:

In PDX I went: (in some semblence of order)

Everyday music
    The Pied Cow
    The House of Tinkling Kitties
    A vegan restuarant that serves monstrous pancakes
    The Bins (Goodwill)
    A Lebanese restaurant
    Andy and Bax army Surplus
    The Library
    A cool toy store
    The Red something or other for the photobooth
    A good mexican restaurant
    Powell's
    The weird little joint across the street
    Powell's on Hawthorne
    Another bookstore
    The Galleria (for beads)
    Newberry's
    The mal to see Chicken Run and feel aghast at Hot Topic
    OMSI
    A very good Thai place
    Washington Park and the Rose Garden
    Movie Madness
    Trader Joe's
    The Spare Room
    plus others i probably missed....

By cyst on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 09:58 pm:

I live in downtown seattle, one block away from puget sound. the city is nestled between two mountain ranges. its natural splendor is majestic.

but seattle doesn't have

Everyday music, where you can get millions of good used CDs for $8 each, no sales tax.

The Pied Cow, a beautiful old haunted victorian house where they recently started serving wine. how nice.

The Bins (Goodwill), where I have never found anything worth buying.

A Lebanese restaurant called nicholas', which is good and cheap, but not as good as golden loaf, where you can get lamb shishkebab with hummous, baba ganoush, grilled vegetables, falafel, pita, tabbouli and tzatziki all for less than $10. (turkish coffee an extra $1.50, baklava a well-worth it $1).

Andy and Bax army Surplus, whose survival-type employees are all v. cute.

The Library, with its huge marble staircase and sort of shitty periodical department. it's very grand and beautiful. seattle's main library looks like it was designed by mike brady.

A cool toy store -- finnegan's? downtown, lots of euro things, wooden floor, very crowded?

The Red something or other for the photobooth -- ?

A good mexican restaurant -- la sirenita? very cheap, crowded place on ne alberta, near your friend's house, with a map of mexico painted on the wall inside?

Powell's -- of course.

The weird little joint across the street -- ?

Powell's on Hawthorne -- another ex-friend's ex-girlfriend used to live there. I bought one of my copies of sabbath's theater there. perfect hardcover first edition with dust jacket, $8.

Another bookstore -- who needs another bookstore?

The Galleria (for beads) -- not much else there these days, sad.

Newberry's -- sad they don't have a restaurant anymore, where you could get a hot $2 breakfast all day long from a waitress older than god.

The mal to see Chicken Run and feel aghast at Hot Topic -- lloyd center. I used to go there like four times a week, when I worked across the street.

OMSI -- liked it better in crazy little old building by the zoo, the one with the planetarium.

A very good Thai place -- ok, seattle has even better thai restaurants than portland. seattle wins on this count.

Washington Park and the Rose Garden -- I smoked pot, I saw mark lanegan, I saw johnny cash, I was a bridesmaid, I hiked around part of usa's largest urban park, I memorized a speech from julius caesar, I was flashed. katherine dunn writes about it in geek love.

Movie Madness -- if only the lines weren't 20 people long.

Trader Joe's -- seattle only has one. I go there once a week. it is my primary grocery store. trader joe's is the closest thing I have to religion.

The Spare Room -- the original and the best.

By semillama on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 08:35 am:

Yeah, you hit on all of my memory shorts for names.

The red something store is one of those used and vintage clothing places and has these specials, like wear a toupee and get 20% off. The day we went it was get 20% off if you have a cat tattoo, which I do, so I bought a t-shirt and some sort of black frilly thing for Mavis.

By Mavis on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 11:58 am:

THE RED LIGHT. 1960 bustier! with a zipper! yay! thanks sem! it goes great with my birthday suit!

cameron's books.

rocco's pizza.

the golden loaf sucks! they microwave everything--blechh!
    the boys at nicholas's are eleven hundred times cuter than at andy and bax!

i have yet to have decent thai food in seattle where they dont sneak fucking fish sauce into everything.....Thanh Thao.

and didn't seattle just get another trader joe's?
    my pal sara who lives there has taken me to both-one on roosevelt and one nearer her house...

By Gee on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 12:32 pm:

there's no way they have mcchickens in california. you're either pulling my leg or confused. or high.

By Nate on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 09:59 am:

let's not take the safe bet Gee.

they used to, perhaps they don't anymore. i don't go to mcdonalds for the chicken.

fish sauce belongs in thai food.

damnit.

By Isolde on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 12:57 pm:

Mcchickens do exist here. They were on special when I drove to work yesterday.

By Nate on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 06:25 pm:

were you high?

By Isolde on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 07:18 pm:

I might have been, since I had to leave work early for fainting spells, but if I was, no one told me about it.

By Gee on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 08:13 pm:

this is all just one giant plot to make me think they have mcchickens in california. well you don't fool me for a second, buckos.

I'm no turkey.

By Jay on Thursday, July 13, 2000 - 12:47 am:

enough with the mcchicken. who gives a fuck if they sell it in california or not.
    i'm sure they have them at the mcdonalds in portland. or is portland to cool for a mcdonalds?
    i was talking to this guy i know tonight and he told me a couple years ago this friend of his got arrested and gave him his atm card to get cash to bail him out. he took the card and bought a bus ticket to fla. everyday he would take out the max. like $480 until the guy got out of jail and cancelled the card. he was all stoked to be in florida with 3 grand in his pocket so he went to a bar and the next day woke up on a park bench with $15 left. blew it all in one night.
    wasn't robbed, didn't lose it. blew it.
    talk about next-day-regrets. jesus.
    karma baby karma.

By Gee on Thursday, July 13, 2000 - 07:25 pm:

hey. blow me.

By Dougie on Thursday, July 13, 2000 - 09:39 pm:

Yeah Jay, this was a damn fine thread about McChicken in California, and I wanted to see how it turned out. But you went and shot it all to hell. Now I'll never know if there really are McChickens in California, or if it was a giant plot by the Americans on this board to fool our neighbors to the north.

We have McChickenLiver Nuggets with Onion-Bacon Dipping Sauce in New York.

By Jay on Thursday, July 13, 2000 - 11:40 pm:

i drove by a mcdonalds today and the fucking McRib is back! alright.
    sorry guys. i guess nates the only one allowed to bust some attitude in here from time to time.
    let the mcchicken thread spin.

By Dougie on Friday, July 14, 2000 - 08:23 am:

I was being facetious, Jay. Nobody goes to McDonalds for the chicken anyways.

By Nate on Friday, July 14, 2000 - 10:34 am:

from time to time, shit.

really jay.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact