NEED TO KNOW QUICK!

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: NEED TO KNOW QUICK!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Fetidbeaver on Tuesday, July 18, 2000 - 10:08 pm:

What are the best sites to get airline tickets, cheap. Need to fly out of Long Beach or LAX to St. Louis, Omaha, Chicago, Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Quad Cities or Kansas City. Must be there before August 24th 2000

By Jay on Tuesday, July 18, 2000 - 10:47 pm:

expedia.com is one. about the best though. pretty much any online service will get the same rate.

By Cat on Tuesday, July 18, 2000 - 10:56 pm:

www.qantas.com

Nah, Ok, maybe not.

Seriously, try www.priceline.com...I used it earlier this year for a few flights in the States and it was pretty good. Messy though, because you have to name the price yourself.

By Biro on Tuesday, July 18, 2000 - 11:01 pm:

travelocities.com

By Sam on Tuesday, July 18, 2000 - 11:43 pm:

my friends flew round trip texas to new york city for $109 each through priceline. but they didn't like the way priceline worked, and they could have just got about the same deal through expedia. LAX to st. louis should be the best possibility for cheap fares. gotta look at the route, and it's good if you can be fleexible about the trip dates. i was trying to get from dallas to fargo but it never came in less than $450 no matter what i did, but dallas to new york is cheap, guess its cause more people are going to new york than fargo.

By Czarina on Wednesday, July 19, 2000 - 12:00 am:

FB,try Southwest airlines.They are consistently the lowest rates I've found------usually about $200.00 roundtrip,to most locations.They are online,so you can check em out.Good luck!

By agatha on Wednesday, July 19, 2000 - 12:55 am:

http://www.cheaptickets.com

i've had consistently good luck with them. i got tickets round trip to new york from seattle for 290, in the week before christmas! i was so psyched.

By Bell_jar on Wednesday, July 19, 2000 - 12:58 am:

why so many choices? i live near kc if you are going to be around for awhile i could recommend some boring ass kansas places to go to.

By Antithesis on Wednesday, July 19, 2000 - 02:30 am:

arg! cheap tickets SUCKS! they are the absolute worst employer ever. just so you know. 80% of my friends have worked there at one time or another. You want to know how they save all that money? I could tell you. But We'd probably both get killed by guys named Guido and Lefty.

By Fetidbeaver on Wednesday, July 19, 2000 - 05:38 am:

Thanks everyone.
    Why so many choices? Well my kids are in Los Angeles visiting their grandma (my mother in-law)
    I have custody, but she has made comments about keeping them etc. She acts likes she's joking, but I think she's "testing the water". I plan to get them out of there as quickly as possible and by being flexible with the arrival city, it should be easier and cheaper.

By Dougie on Wednesday, July 19, 2000 - 07:55 am:

lowestfare.com

Got great rates from NYC to Pittsburgh recently, booked only 2 days ahead.

By Czarina on Wednesday, July 19, 2000 - 04:36 pm:

FB, be careful,in-laws can be dangerous,they always think they're "right".If I can do anything to help on this end,let me know.Good luck!!!!

By Fetidbeaver on Wednesday, July 19, 2000 - 11:20 pm:

I checked them and others and lowestfare.com had the lowest fare, $155.00. Thanks

Also Czarina, you wouldn't happen to a "hired gun"? :o)

By J on Thursday, July 20, 2000 - 10:32 am:

If the in-laws tried to keep the kids FB they would be in a world of trouble,the Feds could even get involved.I looked into this myself,for my own reasons.

By patrick on Thursday, July 20, 2000 - 12:04 pm:

you need local bruisers? i know a few members of the Lucchese family here in town. Get em out Elian-style

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact