Pissed Beyond Belief . . .well, maybe not that much BUT I 'M STILL MAD!

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Pissed Beyond Belief . . .well, maybe not that much BUT I 'M STILL MAD!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Crawford on Thursday, September 7, 2000 - 09:07 pm:

Some of my friend's friends got my AIM screen name and now they have warned my name out of use for quite some while. They warned me to 98% for no reason! I got a new one (that they won't hear), but I am still SO MAD! Grrrrr.....

By droopy on Thursday, September 7, 2000 - 11:18 pm:

i have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

By agatha on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 12:13 am:

swine and i used to have warning contests. those were the days.

By Isolde on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 08:19 am:

I'm perplexed.
    Is anyone else perplexed, or should I just go hide now?

By Dougie on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 10:03 am:

I believe AIM is Aol Instant Messenger, but warnings? Not sure about that.

By Czarina on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 10:20 am:

I don't understand.But am now worried that perhaps I've been "warned",and am to naive to realize it.Poor Crawford was "warned" at a pretty high percent,98,so that only leaves you 2,what happens if you use up your last 2?

By Dougie on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 10:35 am:

Certain death, I would imagine...

By semillama on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 12:44 pm:

Would someone please explain what the hell a "warning" is, in context to AOL IM?

( one of my pet peeves is when an acronym is made using another acroynm.)

I just deleted that program from my home computer, my dad put it on and I never used it. I really don't want to spend time in that way.

By Trace on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 01:27 pm:

you can send warnings to somene when they offend you, and when you reach 100%, your aim id gets dissabled.

By patrick on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 01:50 pm:

thats why AOL is obnoxious.....bunch of fucking crybabies

By Trace on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 01:51 pm:

AOL is for people who do not know their keyboard from their ass, in my opinion.

By Trace on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 01:58 pm:

AOL is for people who do not know their keyboard from their ass, in my opinion.

By Dougie on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 03:05 pm:

Trace, quick question: how come you've got the exact same post twice, but 7 minutes apart? I'd understand a minute, but 7? Was it on purpose for emphasis? Or net congestion?

By Trace on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 03:15 pm:

NO, actually, I actually was not paying attention to what the hell i was doing

By Trace on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 03:17 pm:

NO, actually, I actually was not paying attention to what the hell i was doing

By Dougie on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 03:17 pm:

Just funnin' with ya Trace.

By Trace on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 03:46 pm:

i know...

By TBone on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 04:20 pm:

I used a linux AOL IM clone for a while. It referred showed your warning percent as percent evil. The highest I got was 65% evil, I think.

By semillama on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 05:21 pm:

Damn that's funny. I really ought to convert one of these days...soon.

By Tired on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 05:28 pm:

I used AIM to talk to girls. Not stereotyping or nothing, I know there are lots of female techies, this is just my experience.

semi's post reminds me of a dilbert cartoon (not verbatim as the original is lost somewhere):

Wally: Hey Dilbert, want to join the TTP project?
    Dilbert: Maybe, what's it stand for?
    Wally: It stands for "The TTP Project"

By Cat on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 05:45 pm:

What do you mean you use AIM to talk to girls? I don't get it...can't you talk to girls normally?

By Tired on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 08:07 pm:

oh no, I just meant that that was what the girls I used to know ran, as opposed to ICQ. I also talk to girls normally.

By Cat on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 10:29 pm:

Oh I use ICQ...I must have a gender test done.

I don't use AOL cause I hated the way it took over my puter...even my browser...sheeesh.

By Gee on Saturday, September 9, 2000 - 12:45 am:

for some reason, I turn icq on whenever I sign onto the net, but I never use it. I peek at who's there and then decide I don't want to talk to any of them.

By Suck My Dick on Saturday, September 9, 2000 - 02:42 pm:

I DON'T ICQ. THEY SEEK ME! 'CAUSE THEY WANT TO SUCK!

By moonit on Saturday, September 9, 2000 - 10:34 pm:

Wow. Thats quite a statement there little man.

By Zephyr on Sunday, September 10, 2000 - 12:54 pm:

AIM is just fine.

I hate icq. No real reason. I just dislike it thoroughly.

And Yahoo im crashes waaaay too much.

and thus, aim is the most viable option left over.

I was warned to i think 90% once.

I warned myself to 85 once. couldn't get on for like 2 days.

By semillama on Sunday, September 10, 2000 - 02:27 pm:

That's so fascist. There has to be a better way.

AOL seems too cookie-cutter, whitebread, NORMAL for me.

It scares the bejeezus out of me, if you want to know.

By Isolde on Sunday, September 10, 2000 - 02:46 pm:

*mutters*
    facist.

By moonit on Sunday, September 10, 2000 - 08:33 pm:

i like icq. I tried Aim but it just didnt do it for me.

heh

By Sorabji on Sunday, September 10, 2000 - 08:55 pm:

my goddam left thumb hurts like a piece of shit. i bought a bunch of schubert books today because he didn't write much for the left hand, but chopin and rachmaninoff and ustvolskaya and liszt and barber and ives and pretty much everyone else wrote for 2 hands. i can't even do a 2-1 finger trill in mm. 20, 72, 279, and 305 of the chopin 5th polonaise for more than 1 second before it FUCKING HURTS. it doesn't hurt as bad as it did 2 months ago. time for a goddamn x-ray.

By Isolde on Sunday, September 10, 2000 - 09:23 pm:

*comf*

By Antigone on Sunday, September 10, 2000 - 11:10 pm:

I'm practicing Tchaikovsky's "Old French Song" from "Album for the Young" and I can't play mm 17-21 without fucking it up! Does that make you feel any better? :-)

By Zephyr on Sunday, September 10, 2000 - 11:20 pm:

I haven't played piano for years. Ours broke a while ago. And the electric keyboard that I tried to use before to practice for my piano lessons before we got a real piano is too ucky.
    I think I've actually forgotten how to play with even a semblance of skill, if that makes you feel any better, Mark.

And I still can't play violin for shit.

By Isolde on Sunday, September 10, 2000 - 11:37 pm:

I wish I could play piano. I saw a naked piano player last night. It was a very surreal experience.

By Gee on Monday, September 11, 2000 - 12:00 am:

I can play jingle bells on the piano. I can also play the first little bit of the Inspector Gadget theme song.

By Pez on Monday, September 11, 2000 - 01:59 am:

i took about five years of piano lessons. which ended almost exactly five years ago. :sigh:

i've been playing flute for eight, but haven't in a month. :sigh again:

i wonder if i can still play saxophone.

but i still have part of the theme from grieg's piano concerto memorized.

and i can play the clarinet, but only by ear.

By Isolde on Monday, September 11, 2000 - 07:40 am:

Pez, go practice flute.

By Pez on Monday, September 11, 2000 - 02:11 pm:

i will, after i get off. thank you for reminding me.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact