what is the ultimate make-out tape?

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: what is the ultimate make-out tape?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Mavis on Tuesday, September 19, 2000 - 06:44 pm:

last night i tried to make a mixed tape called "the ultimate make-out tape"
    it got really complicated.
    this is who is on it so far:

al green
    d'angleo
    katherine whalen
    freakwater
    mazzy star
    macy gray
    mighty sparrow
    meshell ndegleocello
    hazeldine

so what's on your ultimate make-out tape?

By Isolde on Tuesday, September 19, 2000 - 07:11 pm:

Probably Orbital's "The Box." But I don't know what else I'd put on. Hm. I'll have to think about this one.

By moonit on Tuesday, September 19, 2000 - 07:15 pm:

I've heard of three of those artists.

I think I need help.

By moonit on Tuesday, September 19, 2000 - 07:16 pm:

This morning at the gym the background
    music was Barry White.

Theres something so wrong about lifting
    stupid weights when Barry is hmming in the
    background.

By Isolde on Tuesday, September 19, 2000 - 07:16 pm:

Yeah, really.

By Cat on Tuesday, September 19, 2000 - 07:26 pm:

This thread is just kismet.

I was talking to someone the other day about music to shit by (don't ask). And that led us to music to bonk by.

Then yesterday, I was aimlessly wandering around a record store and came across a CD called "Music to Bonk By". I laughed myself smart.

Anyways, here's some of the more silly tunes:

Push It...Salt N Pepa
    Bitch...Meredith Brooks
    To Be With You...Mr Big
    The Only Way is Up...Yazz and the Plastic Population.

It was a double CD.

By Mavis on Tuesday, September 19, 2000 - 07:31 pm:

i'm serious!
    i really want to know!

By Cat on Tuesday, September 19, 2000 - 07:50 pm:

Ok. Ok. Phillip Glass String Quartet

By blindswine on Tuesday, September 19, 2000 - 07:59 pm:

you need some aretha franklin.
    "rock steady".

cassandra wilson.

and some bob marley.

femi kuti "beng beng beng"

miles davis "sketches of spain".

tribe called quest "low end theory"

seal (1991)

traffic "low spark of high heeled boys" (but just that one song)

i'd throw in some al green, barry white, james brown, ella fitzgerald, bill withers, tony allen, and stevie wonder in there too.

i dunno.

i gotta turn this damn thing off.

i think it's rotting my brain.

By Tom on Tuesday, September 19, 2000 - 08:01 pm:

Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong... "They can't take that away from me." (if that's what it's really called?)

Dire Straits

Maybe some Counting Crows. Anything (well, almost anything) from Cirque de Soliel's "Mystere."

By patrick on Tuesday, September 19, 2000 - 08:28 pm:

Since my boom box in the bed room broke, i have to rely on my 50s Magavox Hi-Fi to generate das fucken musik....only certain records will play on that thing.....here's a list of my bedroom jivin tunes:

Etta James-Etta Rocks the House
    (check out the cover too, she got a sprained writst and is STILL dishin it out....)
    http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002O9D.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

Stevie Wonder-12 Year Old Genius
    Mongo Santamaria-El Pussy Cat
    Tony Bennett
    Parliament
    Burt Baccharach
    Dave Brubeck

to name a few, again these aren't necessarily by choice, its just whats available to me.....Etta and Mongo are usually reserved for the real headboard hurtin occassions

By agatha on Tuesday, September 19, 2000 - 08:47 pm:

heart- "crazy on you."

brian eno ambient shit.

that's all i can think of right off the bat.

oh, of course, led zeppelin and pink floyd, but you need to be high.

By Nate on Tuesday, September 19, 2000 - 08:59 pm:

ratt
    whitesnake
    poison
    bon jovi (early)
    dokken
    great white
    stryper (for post coital guilt)

i love to fuck. goddamn. the songs don't matter, the order does.

By Tom on Tuesday, September 19, 2000 - 09:12 pm:

Sex. Bon Jovi. Not two ideas I often associate. It would give me memories of my first Bon Jovi album, when I was maybe 10 or 11 and the only girls I knew beat me up.

are we talking "make-out" music or music to fuck by? Totally different things, yah? fuckmusic is Black Sabbath, The Specials, The Cure, and the Clash; maybe moby.

By cyst on Tuesday, September 19, 2000 - 09:32 pm:

I'm sure I've told this story before. but my four stories keep becoming marginally relevant.

at the start of a world-class hours-long makeout session this spring, I had the first mazzy star album in one of the slots on the stereo and he said it was boring (it was someone else's house and I was able to pretend I hadn't chosen it).

but opal was fine. then toward the end, when he had to leave to go back home to his girlfriend, a cole porter/ella fitzgerald collection was on.

"I have to go," he said. "I mean, I had to go two hours ago. but now I really have to go."

I took my shirt off. he picked me up, carried me and then he kissed me.

then "every time we say good-bye" came on.

he laughed. "I can't believe this is playing."

then I kissed him.

By Isolde on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 12:07 am:

Orbital, Underworld, Moby, and Lunatic Calm. Godo music for making out/all that's associated.

By Bell_jar on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 12:11 am:

ha ha. cat said, "laughed myself smart." i've never heard that. i think i'll take each and every opportunity to use it.

By Isolde on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 12:25 am:

I forgot No. 1 Crush, by Garbage. Damn. There's always more.

By Gee on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 01:53 am:

usually when I hear the "Faithlift" album from Spirit of the West I feel like I want to be naked with someone. John Mann's voice gets me waydowndeep.

By pez on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 02:46 am:

lessee...moby, bt, some cranberries (when they're not busy being depressed), anything on the city of angels soundtrack, "dark blue" by no doubt.

i think i'll use my day off tomorrow to make a kick ass happy tape. and i'll call it the "kick ass happy tape". makes sense.

By Dougie on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 08:51 am:

If I wanted to be reminded of my junior high school back of the Dodge Polaris stationwagon makeout days, it would certainly have Boston (I see my Maryanne walking away) (Day is night in New York City, smoke like water runs inside)

Nowadays, Tony Bennett, Bill Evans solo piano stuff, Frankie, Mel Torme.

By semillama on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 10:31 am:

Never really made out to music, although Nirvana's last studio album may have sparked a make-out/bonk session once.

I can't imagine making out to the Specials!

I would put on some:

Isley Brothers
    The Roots
    Cry On Cue (especially the new album)
    Marvin Gaye
    Led Zeppelin (c'mon! If you can do it to Black Sabbath, you can definitely do to the massive beats of John Bonham)
    The "Dreams of Freedom" mix by Laswell of Marley tunes
    The Clash's Sandinista!
    Frank Zappa: Apostrophe, the one with San Ber'dino on it, and SHut up and play yer guitar (for bonking)

By semillama on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 10:32 am:

Also: Solas, Any Junior Wells album, Willie Nelson, and for Raunchy sex, Queens of the Stone Age.

By Mavis on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 11:53 am:

i meant music for "making out". not fucking. but who am i to draw those lines??

thanks for all the good ideas.....

a friend of mine has spent weeks trying to create the perfect makeout tape.....
    my theory is, there is no one perfect makeout tape.

By patrick on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 12:05 pm:

ahhhh MAKING OUT...sorry

since we usually MAKE OUT in the living room before we run pants-around ankles to the bedroom.....i would say....

ANY Hendrix....he tendss to make me feel alittle aggressive with most of his songs, not that i NEED to be any more aggressive,

im with sem on the junior wells tip....that guy just drips a hot, sultry, cop-a-feel disposition

if I am under the influence, feeling lucid, something like Suicide, Neu, Spacemen 3.....Loop will do.

if it's one of those, cold, rainy, under the sheets sleepy time feel ups, somethign like Mazzy Star, Slowdive, Coedine or Galaxy 500 will do.

By Fetidbeaver on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 12:37 pm:

AC/DC
    Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap?

By Fb on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 12:52 pm:

Or AC/DC
    I've Got Big Balls....

By Trace on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 01:17 pm:

we always started making out to ER..
    Before we got married that is.
    Sick, huh? Maybe we found it so boring..........

By semillama on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 01:52 pm:

I think it would be fun to make out to The Genitorturers...

...not so certain about "with".

By J on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 02:04 pm:

Anything reggae,gets my cushion a'pushin

By Isolde on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 02:44 pm:

Reggae? Really? I'm sorry.

By J on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 03:07 pm:

I'm not.

By Isolde on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 03:45 pm:

Well, as long as you're not, that's what matters, yo.

By Tom on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 07:53 pm:

Sem... the specials were solidly in the "music to bonk to" section. There's something hilarious about going at it with "Naked woman, Naked man" in the background.

By Isolde on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 08:51 pm:

*laugh*

By Nelly on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 11:36 pm:

Gregory Isaacs Night Nurse on a loop would probably do the trick... endless smolder...

By Tom on Thursday, September 21, 2000 - 04:16 am:

Ooh! Ooh! I got one! Morphine! yeah.

Just finished off a mix tape with Sorabji vaguely in mind... it starts with Nirvana, and ends with Morphine's "Souvenir." Damn, that's a song. *slurp*

By semillama on Thursday, September 21, 2000 - 04:58 pm:

Morphine for SURE!

By Satanika on Friday, September 22, 2000 - 04:11 am:

glenn danzig IV, led zeppelinII, black sabbath/black sabbath, melvins-houdini, melvins-stoner witch, mercyful fate-melissa, jeff buckley-grace

By Holden on Friday, September 22, 2000 - 04:10 pm:

Choose Bread. Play it on your eight-track.

By TBone on Friday, September 22, 2000 - 05:54 pm:

Isolde, you pretty much covered my list. You rock. I nearly killed my roommate with a smint. He popped it and immediately chewed it. Too much lemon for him all at once.

Lemon good.

By Tom on Friday, September 22, 2000 - 06:27 pm:

Just ordered "give 'em the boot," (the best music $5.00 can buy) and another album. It was one of those "close your eyes, point, and purchase that one" experiences. Anybody heard of 764-HERO before?

By patrick on Friday, September 22, 2000 - 06:36 pm:

shit Lemonheads are more dangerous than Smints

By Tom on Friday, September 22, 2000 - 07:09 pm:

At least, lemonheads are much more effective ammuntion for slingshots.

By Isolde on Friday, September 22, 2000 - 08:19 pm:

T-Bone: you are my new God, man.
    Yes, lemonheads are very dealy in comparison to smints. I have a purple ice cream glass! Which I will never eat ice cream in, since it's not vegan!

By Bell_jar on Friday, September 22, 2000 - 09:03 pm:

should i beg? i've been avoiding the whole smint thing, but now... i'm feeling a little left out of the ring. how the hell can i go through life without knowing what a smint looks and tastes like? isolde... i'll make you a clock... or a ... jesus and the devil box if you send me some smints.

i know i'm setting myself up for rejection by actually desiring something. please be kind. i've spent the day crying like a baby.

By The Dinner Lady on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 12:18 am:

764-HERO, I just got their new record but haven't listened to it. Their other record - Get Up Here and Stay - that I have is incredible. Like the Spinanes they get so much sound out of just a few instruments. Didn't see them last time they were here, need to this time tho.

I've actually been grooving to the Marshall Crenshaw retrospective CD. I made dinner tonite shakin' my booty to it. Leads with his first single, a song called 'Something's Gonna Happen' that blew me away. Very Blondie 'Hanging On the Telephone' by Marshall's own admission. I sure wish pop music was still in fashion.

I have never had a lemon Smint but I do recommend these Organic Gingermints... damn, what company makes them? It's in my purse somewhere.

By Isolde on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 01:58 am:

Annes makes them, I know.
    Bell_Jar, mail me your address. I'm ordering a new box, because I only have a few packs left. But I will dash one off to you.

By pez on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 02:39 am:

ooh! gingermints! (the lemonmints are also very very good) i have a box (empty containing a poem "pomagranate"...seemed appropriate) in my poetry journal...just a sec...

speakeasy. i've found them at nature's and i think freddy's sells them too...

By Isolde on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 10:08 am:

Oh, yeah...
    Smint makes peach flavoured mints. When nerd boy and I went to order more, we thought about getting peach...

By Tired on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 05:17 pm:

?????

nobody mentioned tricky. overcome, and prolly a few others after that.

By semillama on Sunday, September 24, 2000 - 11:51 am:

Speakingof,

Swine! Yo!

Ever get those discs?

By The Dinner Lady on Monday, September 25, 2000 - 02:15 pm:

Pez - I'm gonna try the lemonmints just because you told me they were good.

The peppermints they make made my mouth feel funny.

Prolly just another of my 1,000,000 food allergies dammit!

By Tom on Monday, September 25, 2000 - 03:53 pm:

EVERYONE should make an ultimate makeout tape, and then do a random tapeswap?

By Isolde on Monday, September 25, 2000 - 06:18 pm:

Everyone should make an ultimate make out tape for Mark!

By Cat on Monday, September 25, 2000 - 10:55 pm:

Everyone should ultimately make out with Mark and tape it.

By Isolde on Monday, September 25, 2000 - 11:18 pm:

Hrm. That wasn't quite what I was thinking...

By J on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 01:45 am:

Let's get it on,that's a good one.I can't remember who sings it.I'm all for making our own mix's.

By Daniel ssss on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 02:12 am:

Victoria's Secret Gift Box selections each holiday, especially if the music comes delivered in person by velvet clad Christmas Prezzent, half asleep and a little tosselled, smiling.

Any music is good when the company is good.

You make your own when the company is exquisite.

You hear the universe when the two harmonize, right?

Just a thought. A second: Phillip Glass's anything, Paul Winters' Prayer for the Wild Things, or any Hopi crying music with heavy drums.

By pez on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 02:37 am:

debussy, dandy warhols, a bit of bloodhound gang (when pac-man's not on crack...).

make out tape exchange? sounds like a good idear!

By Tom on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 04:21 am:

making out to Debussy? whoa. I couldn't get it on to a song called "night of the dead infants" or whatever that song is called. "song of the dead infants?" at any rate, none for me, thanks.

By Dougie on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 08:27 am:

Tom, you're probably thinking of Ravel's Pavane for a Dead Princess, or possibly Mahler's Kindertotenlieder (Songs on the Death of Children), although Ravel is much closer in style to Debussy than Mahler. Debussy would be kind of a strange makeout session. If you're going with Glass, try some Steve Reich, like Music for 18 Musicians. Although I can't really imagine making out to that either. I like to put on the headphones and lie on the floor and space out to the latter.

By Isolde on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 09:10 am:

Yeah.
    I'm a big fan of Korngold, actually, for making out music. Not much classical, though. I like to make out to sad music. I don't know why this is. I like a lot of baroque stuff out of the bedroom, but it's too peppy for me.

By Dougie on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 09:11 am:

Korngold??? Well, he's got a nice violin concerto, but he was mostly a film composer.

By Isolde on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 09:21 am:

Yes.
    Exactly.
    He was _the_ film composer, and his work is awesome.

By TBone on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 10:16 am:

J, "Let's get it on" is by Marvin Gaye.

By Mavis on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 11:35 am:

that is a perfect song....

By Czarina on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 02:39 pm:

Don't forget Percy Sledge,When a Man Loves a Woman.

By pez on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 03:14 pm:

debussy would be strange. it does make for good meditation music. i've got a tape "debussy for daydreaming". i love debussy a lot but i almost prefer tchkoyshy (i know i spelled it wrong but i'm lazy) because of his ballets. i love swan lake and romeo & juliet.

once i sprained my ankle in second grade. after i hopped home my mom set me up in an easy chair and i listened to a fantasia record for hours.

By Bellman on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 03:49 pm:

Can't believe no one's said Chet Baker ('specially My Funny Valentine)...If you can't get it with that CD on and a bottle of wine you just don't deserve it!

By pez on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 03:57 pm:

who?

sorry, i'm uneducated.

By patrick on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 04:10 pm:

Chet Baker!!!!!????

cmon Pez..

and you play in the school jazz band?

"...Let's get lost........"

white jazz player from the 50s and 60s.....

you know what Bellman these topics are so damn infinite....we could pull "but what about"-s out of our collective ass all day long......

By Isolde on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 04:12 pm:

Alright y'all.
    Mail _your_ ultimate makeout tape to:
    (e-mail me to find out my real name)
    Box 82
    Caspar, California, 95420

I'm going back to California for a bit, so I can snag the tapes and mail them off in December, when I come back for holiday. Your tape must be postmarked by November 30--e-mail me with your name and address when your tape has been posted.
    When all have been collected, I will forward them to other participants in the ultimate make out tape mail orgy!

By Bellman on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 04:20 pm:

By Bellman on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 04:22 pm:

Yes Patrick...this could go on forever, but ya gotta admit his stuff is pretty much right up this ally.

By pez on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 04:25 pm:

correction: i played tenor saxophone for one semester in the stage band (secondary jazz band, beginning jazz).

the title "my funny valentine" sounds familiar and chet baker sounds familiar...but i might be thinking of warren baker who i've met several times.

i've always been more of a "classical" musician. there's never been much jazz in the house, just some blues...stevie ray vaughn and all that.

i like jazz...i'm just not very well aquanted with it.

By Isolde on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 04:26 pm:

Oh yeah, and please enclose postage.

By patrick on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 04:37 pm:

Chet Baker is known for bringing white audiences what the black jazzmen had been doing for years....he offered bebop lite, him and brubeck...at the time, they were credited for the jazz revival in the late 50s early 60s....in reality it was due to peeps like Miles, Bird, Ellington, Lester Young, Dizzy ...but most critics were white, and well, bigots......now when Chet sang...HE SANG, he was up there...but the music....well...

i cant deny that at all Bell. One of my most favorite record scores of all time was in a thrift store.

I got a copy of Chet baker Sings and Plays
    last time i was at a nerdy record store, they had a copy on the wall for $99...i paid $0.99, for it....it has all the great tunes on it......

By Isolde on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 04:56 pm:

And to continue my message in three parts, the first person who posts their tape will recieve _my_ ultimate make out tapes...wouldn't you like to know how many hours of snogging goodness that is?

By Tom on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 06:25 pm:

heh. digging around Liquid (a music store in San Luis Obispo), I found a British comp album called "shagging and snogging." Don't remember where it is, though. Remember it had elastica and lots of bands I didn't recognize. That was all of three years ago, though, and I've only really been opened up to music for the last two years of my life.

Play, Mingus, Play.

By semillama on Monday, October 30, 2000 - 12:28 pm:

Whoops. Forgot to include postage. Tell you what, Isolde, send it C.O.D. to me if you want, or just send a bill or sumpthin.

Yes, I actually made a make out tape and sent it.

I think it stands a chance of working, especially side B.

Of course, the ultimate for Panty-Removal (not just make-out inducer) is the Isley Brothers box set.

For future reference.

By Isolde on Monday, October 30, 2000 - 12:36 pm:

Excellent. Thanks, Sem.

By Margret on Monday, October 30, 2000 - 01:29 pm:

Hazeldine like from Albuquerque Hazeldine?

By Margret on Monday, October 30, 2000 - 02:46 pm:

Elvis Costello's Blood and Chocolate.

By Margret on Monday, October 30, 2000 - 02:49 pm:

Can we do tapes that aren't about like mashing and shit?
    I need to put together a good workout tape for my ex-boss since I told him Metallica were wussies and he should be working out to White Zombie.

By Isolde on Monday, October 30, 2000 - 02:55 pm:

Maybe. Talk to my agent.

By Notwolf on Monday, October 30, 2000 - 06:46 pm:

i just put the middle five Afghan Whigs cd's in and hit shuffle... either that or side 3 of the Honeysuckle Rose Soundtrack...

..unless, of course i'm alone, in which case it's The Cure's Disintegration....

By Tom on Tuesday, October 31, 2000 - 04:50 am:

Margret:

Slipknot. and Clutch.

*pauses to reflect on the deeper meanings inherent in doing jumping jacks to "welcome to planet motherfucker."*

*sigh*

By Tom on Tuesday, October 31, 2000 - 04:52 am:

I've got a tentative list for the ultimate makeout tape... needs some work though.

so far:

Tom Waits
    Lou Reed
    Morphine
    STP
    dada
    Joy Division

maybe some old 97s. maybe.

By Micah on Tuesday, October 31, 2000 - 09:56 am:

Donny and Marie, the Christmas Album.

mmmmmmmmm......Marie.......

By semillama on Tuesday, October 31, 2000 - 10:01 am:

workout metal? The End of Silence, Rollins Band. My own ultimate anyway. Also, Slayer for aerobics. Also, Kittie, Prong, Soulfly.

Metallica are wussies. Although, Master of Puppets is probably a decent worokout album, especially Leper Messiah.

By Isolde on Tuesday, October 31, 2000 - 10:24 am:

Since I don't work out, I don't have a good workout album. I think I should start working out so I can make one.

By Kalliope on Tuesday, October 31, 2000 - 11:43 am:

Weird. I was just having this conversation with someone the other night. He asked what I thought the best music to fuck to was.

I said,

Morphine
    Tom Waits (Closing Time--for more sappy sex)
    Portishead
    Barry White (no, really)

I've since thought of a handful more...

Astor Piazolla
    Toad
    Depeche Mode (i dont wanna sound queer or nothin')
    nin
    cure

mmmm.

oh my.

By Kalliope on Tuesday, October 31, 2000 - 11:46 am:

Hahahaha.

Once, in a drunken stupor...I downloaded Mr. Big's "To Be With You" and made it into my voice mail answering message..

"I'm the one who wants to (insert screaming) LEAVE A MEEEESSSSSAGE. Deep inside I know you want to LEAAAAAAVE A MESSAGEEEEEEE. Waiting on the line, just to be the next to LEAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE A MESSSSAAAGE."

no, it wasn's as ammusing to anyone else.

By Isolde on Tuesday, October 31, 2000 - 12:52 pm:

Indeed. I have Crystal Method's "Coming Back" on my answering machine right now.
    "you keep coming back for more....you keep coming back for more...leave a message." Not very creative. I need to change it. Any suggestions?

By Skooter Lee Roth. on Tuesday, October 31, 2000 - 02:50 pm:

Ultimate Fuck Tape By Skooter Lee Roth...
    !. Miles Davis- Anything by him.
    2. Parliment/P Funk- Anyhting by these cats makes you get some AZZ!
    3. Dr Dre- See above #2
    4. Red Hot Chili Peppers- Blood Sugar Sex Magix. Self explanitory.
    5. The Cure- Wish.
    6. Mr Bungle- Self titled album for kinky sex.
    7. Marilyn Manson- Portrait of an American Fanily.
    8. NIN- Pretty Hate Machine (Kinda I Want to!)
    9. Pharycde- Second Album.
    10. Tori Amos- Boys for Pele

By semillama on Tuesday, October 31, 2000 - 03:17 pm:

You really gota check out the Isley Brothers, man. They totally beat P-Funk by a mile.

As I amy have mentioned previously, the only album I can credit in helping me "get some' was Nirvana's last studio album, which I don't even own anymore.

However, i think I may be able to use the isley Brothers box set as a much better replacement, hopefully really soon.

By Margret on Tuesday, October 31, 2000 - 03:26 pm:

It's like that scene from Diner.

By Tom on Friday, November 16, 2001 - 10:02 pm:

So I was searching for the poem that contains the line "Play, Mingus, Play", only I can't remember anything else about it, and it's driving me crazy. This conversation was the only web result that popped up on Altavista. Maybe I have the words wrong.

Still, it kinda freaked me out. Especially considering:
    "
    By Cat on Tuesday, September 19, 2000 - 07:26 pm:
    This thread is just kismet.

"

Anyone know the poem? email me.

By Cat on Saturday, November 17, 2001 - 01:24 am:

Very freaky. I wrote something in this thread about Philip Glass...and this morning I had reason to remember why I wrote that in the first place. The first time I've thought about it in a year and now this thread gets dredged up like encrusted gold bullion.

By Czarina on Saturday, November 17, 2001 - 08:58 am:

Hey! Thats my newest hobby. I've become a prospector/treasure hunter.

Had my first go at it last week-end.

We went panning for gold.Didn't find bullion,but found a little.I hid mine from my family,cause I don't trust em.

I'm also gonna make a complicated treasure map,[in case my family kills me],so that some clever person will have to figure out my clues,to find my gold. heh heh heh

By Pug on Saturday, November 17, 2001 - 10:22 am:

I'm jumping on this thread kinda late---
    Ultimate makeout toons: Morphine, "You look like Rain".
    Tom Waits, "Nobody" (off "nighthawks at the diner")
    Elvis Costello, "I Want You"---at least I THINK that's the title---great stalker music---
    ULTIMATE PHUCK(Hell---ultimate album to have an orgy to)---Miles Davis---"Bitches Brew".

By patrick on Monday, November 19, 2001 - 11:33 am:

my step -pop used to take us panning. What fun. We'd drive up to the various creeks and rivers in the N. Georgia mountains. We found mainly rubies but scraps of gold from time to time. Nothing worth more than a dollar or two. But a very fun rewarding thing to do. Sitting on a creek bed sand bar with your feet in freezing mtn water.

By Spider on Monday, November 19, 2001 - 11:51 am:

My brother and I went to Calvert Cliffs, on the western shore of the Chesapeake, a few weeks ago and panned for sharks' teeth in the estuary stream that meats the ocean. My brother found one (small) tooth. On the cliffs, we found lots of scallop fossils, and two of them are sitting on top of my monitor right this very moment.

By Czarina on Monday, November 19, 2001 - 12:08 pm:

I should have realized I was in the company of fellow treasure hunters! :)

I enjoy the outdoors sooooooo much,and am glad to have an excuse to go tromping around in alligatorless waters.

I can't wait to design myself a clever and gaudy "prospectors hat".Not much I enjoy as much as weary hidious headwear.It gives me a little thrill,to know I look utterly ridiculous in my designs.

Life can be rewarding.

By Hal on Monday, November 19, 2001 - 03:46 pm:

In its own special ways yes.

By pez on Tuesday, November 20, 2001 - 07:53 pm:

maybe.

not if you're mining for gold, but always while mining for stories.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact