jackass

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: jackass
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Nate on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 12:10 am:

MTV.

jackass.

this show. this show.

idiotic genius.

i can't stop watching. i can't stop laughing.

By heather on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 01:41 am:

i couldn't either

until he tore that dart out of his chest about 6 inches from the camera....later they blacked it out, but not the first time i saw it.

i like the way that it states that they are professionals and you shouldn't do it at home

now i really want to wear padded clothes and be pushed in a shopping cart and be flung into the bushes

By sarah on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 02:49 am:

do they still have sifyl and ollie?

By Rhiannon on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 10:28 am:

My mother's on that show in one episode. She said she was in a cafe and there was this guy (the jackass, no doubt) screeching and hollering outside. Her friend (her psycho friend I've posted about before) kept going to the window and glaring at the guy, while she sat inside and laughed. Eventually, this other man then came in the cafe and told her and her friend that they had been filmed and asked them to sign a release form. My mom signed gladly -- her friend signed reluctantly. But they should be on there.

By Dougie on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 10:41 am:

Hmm, this jackass show is new to me. I thought all that MTV had anymore were those fucking inane Road Rules or Real Life "reality" shows with whiny, affected teenagers sitting around complaining about how hard life is.

By Nate on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 11:28 am:

not anymore. jackass appears to be a group of twenty-somethings with no common sense.

at one point one of the guys looks in the camera and says "today i'm going to kick my dad's ass all day"

and then there are all these clips of him running up to his dad and beating on him.

fucking bizarre.

By patrick on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 11:35 am:

this is bad

By semillama on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 12:35 pm:

this is slack.

I liked the guy who's trick it was to swallow a goldfish in a cup of water then vomit it back up into a bowl, alive. Or the guy on the trampoline.
    The human barbeque was pretty good too.
    I was hooked with:

"Hello, My name is Johnny Knoxville and today I am going to be sprayed by a skunk."

I also liked immensely when they were trying out the anti-bark shocking dog collars on themselves.

By Kalliope on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 01:03 pm:

Cracks me up. My "significant other" is a professional juggler. He's been juggling for ten years now and is really really good at it....

Yet, at his shows...all people ever want to see is him swallow fire. No real talent in that. All you do is stick the burning torch into your mouth and burn your tastebuds. (I think that's why he can live as a vegetarian)

I think we're attracted to things where we know there's a chance our mortality might be proven...

By Nate on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 02:03 pm:

i don't think it is bad, patrick. hopefully it will help the social darwinism movement.

besides, his dad looked used to it. he was cracking up and fighting back.

whacky.

By Tired on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 03:51 pm:

sounds like a bunch of tom green wannabes.

if it works, get dumber and better looking people to make a one-hour show out of it, right?

i dunno, I'm telly-deprived

By semillama on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 04:29 pm:

Somehow, it's better than Tom Green. This stuff is just gloriously stupid.

By Nate on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 04:46 pm:

tom green is just a nate wannabe. right down to hooking up with drew.

goddamn.

GODDMANAMAM!@

By patrick on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 05:59 pm:

watch more cable access

i would if i had cable

there some quality, trippy surreal shit on cable access

tv babies

By Tired on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 03:21 am:

semi, if that's true, I'm gonna have to reverse my no-TV stance. public access might be esp. good around here. I'm manic again, but with a different song.

By semillama on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 08:41 am:

I think that TV is neither bad nor good in or of itself, but it's all in how you approach the media. I consciously make the decision that I will allow this box in my living room to entertain me for a couple hours (and I usually am reading a magazine or something, playing guitar at teh same time).

I think "Jackass" will get old after a while, like Tom Green, but for now, I find it very amusing and irreverent.
    I think everything I like about that show can be found in the segment where one of the guys is harassing a small vicious dog through a car windshield. If you haven't seen it, there's no way I can explain how strangely satisfyign and funny that was. I somehow get the idea that J would really really like this show.

By J on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 11:39 am:

I think your right Sem,when is it on?

By semillama on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 12:35 pm:

Sundays after wrasslin on MTV

By J on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 02:53 pm:

Thanks Sem,it comes on at 9p.m.,looking forward to it:)

By Star on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 08:12 pm:

Man, it has been a while since I have been here, and now I find you discussing the utter stupidity, yet utterly and undeniably entertaing show. It is the only thing I watch on MTV now, but I am religiously devoted to MTV2. I watch it all the time. They brought back the show that regular MTV doused with gas and burned, the almighty AMP! Forever with techno/trippy/amazing viddies. I love it, and they almost always play the god lives underwater viddy where the guy is eating everything backwards. It is genius. I am sad to even think that that channel is associated with the regular MTV, and that jerk off Carson Daly.

By pez on Saturday, October 21, 2000 - 02:39 am:

i wish i had cable. i love mtv, when i can get it.

By patrick on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 02:43 pm:

why do you love mtv?

what's there to love?

who loves to be spoon fed corporate, meglamush?

what does mtv know about music?

nada

By J on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 02:59 pm:

I watched that Jackass yesterday,I'm sick,going to the dr.in a while,I think I have plurasy,It hurts really bad when I cough.Jack ass Came on at 2:30 p.m.,must have been the one y'all saw with the human bar-b-que,then at 9p.m. the new one came on.My poor right side,I actually tried not to laugh,cause of the pain.But I couldn't help meself,haha those guys are bonafide crazy.

By J on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 03:00 pm:

I watched that Jackass yesterday,I'm sick,going to the dr.in a while,I think I have plurasy,It hurts really bad when I cough.Jack ass Came on at 2:30 p.m.,must have been the one y'all saw with the human bar-b-que,then at 9p.m. the new one came on.My poor right side,I actually tried not to laugh,cause of the pain.But I couldn't help meself,haha those guys are bonafide crazy.

By Nate on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 03:02 pm:

boy, that's original, patty. isn't that from page 34 of the alternative conformist hand book?

i'm smitten by corporate meglamush. those are real people who produce the crap that mtv plays, and beyond that, some of those real people are actually real musicians.

they knowingly produce this music that is easy to digest. music that will sell.

add image that is just edgy enough so that parents' don't like it but mtv will let it fly, and you've produced a multimedia cashcow.

money.

By Nate on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 03:03 pm:

i missed the new jackass. i was too busy smoking dope and fucking.

By patrick on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 03:17 pm:

im not familiar with this book you speak of.

spare your capitlist sentiment, boy, i don't deny their ingenuity in appealing to drooling, depressed hormone crazed teens and their 20 something counterparts...thats like shooting in a barrell

im just amazed anyone can say they love mtv... and honestly kinda kinda saddened by it.

i think many people actually believe they play the music they play because it's "good"....

By TBone on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 06:17 pm:

MTV makes me sad.

Except Daria. But that's not enough reason to get the channel. I think there might be one more thing that doesn't depress me, but I can't remember what it is.

We don't have cable, and we don't even get shows from the air here underground.

The place seems so much smaller now that the Internet went away. That makes me sad too. It will come back sometime this week, I hope.

By agatha on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 01:23 am:

oh, god, i loved daria. i don't get mtv anymore. i used to like mtv when i was in high school, and i'll bet you did too, patrick.

By J on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 01:27 am:

I kind of liked the Crib show too.

By Dougie on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 08:22 am:

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Beavis & Butthead.

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 10:54 am:

Why?

I used to watch 120 Minutes in high school. I caught it once this summer and was terribly disappointed.

Remember when Comedy Central (or Ha!, as it was once known) showed clips of stand-up, like, all day long? And when Jon Stewart was on Short Attention Span Theatre? I had such a crush on him when I was 12. That was when I lost all my friends and watched that channel to cheer myself up. I'm lucky I got to see Bill Hicks before he died.

Mario Cantone, how i love thee!

By patrick on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 11:25 am:

the only mtv i watched in high school was 120 minutes and young ones..seriously....i haven't had cable tv since i left home, in 93 or so...

i ADMIT to being suckered in when i happen to be in front of a tv with it on...but it's nothing i would ever ever profess my love for

By semillama on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 01:42 pm:

How about the Young Ones!

I remember religiously taping the Headbanger's Ball, praying they'd play some Iron Maiden videos...

By Sjakie on Sunday, February 25, 2001 - 09:57 am:

suck my dick

blow me

By R u nuts on Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 02:40 am:

You know what is sad? Me gettin all caught up in reading this SHIT....((funny shit)) and all i wanted to read up on..was ...""Pluratic pain""

Hell...this is a comedy program all in itself!!!!!

lol :o)~

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact