Lost in the Middle of nowhere...

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Lost in the Middle of nowhere...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Hal on Monday, January 15, 2001 - 05:34 am:

Ok people, I'm looking to move to New York, from Montana.

I know its kinda a big jump, like going from riding a bike to driving an 18-wheeler, but its worth a shot. There is just one small problem, a job, yes I've been looking checking out Monster and the NY Times.

If any of you have any ideas, suggestions, or offers, place them on the table because right now I'm willing to negotiate...

By Tom on Monday, January 15, 2001 - 09:08 pm:

What sort of work are you looking for?

By Tom on Monday, January 15, 2001 - 09:15 pm:

Oh. and: Want a roommate? Yeah, I know what everyone said about not having a roommate, but I'm not psycho. I promise. I'm a big geek, and you'll love me. I've been going through the Monster jobs in NY, myself. Prospects look lots better there than they do here... but that might just be "the grass is always greener..." right. my lease is up here in May, and unless I find a job here that I absolutely fall in love with, I'll be looking to head East then.

gimme shelter!

By Nate on Monday, January 15, 2001 - 09:17 pm:

shoot me a resume if you decide to go in the other direction.

By Hal on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 12:03 am:

I'm looking for anything right about now...

Computer work preferably, but I've done just about everything there is to do in this world...

If you can find something out there worth doing I can do it... And hey Nate if you have something out west, hell I was previously looking there so email me show me what you have.

By J on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 12:48 am:

Tom you might make a great roommate,but your room mate might not be a good roommate for you.That picture Czarina posted of us at the river brought back memmories that I have tried to forget.D.P. was in that picture,that smegma coated piece of shit.We had been friends since jr.high and she was always a backstabbing,two timing bitch,she wanted to be me,and she couldn't.She is alone,and she'll die alone.

By Hal on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 02:48 am:

J... I'm already scared shitless of moving away from a place I've been all my life. BUT I have to get out of this shithole...don't scare me... Shit.

By patrick on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 12:36 pm:

i hear the NYC job market is a bitch

By semillama on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 12:48 pm:

And now for another installation of "J, poet laureate of sorabji":

Tom you might make a great roommate
    but your room mate might not be a good roommate for you.

That picture Czarina posted
    of us at the river
    brought back memories
    that I have tried to forget.

D.P. was in that picture
    that smegma coated piece of shit.
    We had been friends since jr.high
    and she was always a backstabbing
    two timing bitch
    she wanted to be me and
    she couldn't.

She is alone
    and she'll die alone.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

By Hal on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 06:23 pm:

That was so wonderful J...

By Platypus on Friday, February 2, 2001 - 02:35 pm:

That's a massive move, dude.
    The New York job market is a huge bitch, especially for underqualified people (which you may or may not be). My half sister is opening a resturant there, though, I should ask her if she needs staff or something--I don't think you should be a dishwasher or anything, and it's a resturant/gallery (probably doomed for failure, come to think of it) so you can probably do something.
    Get in touch if you want me to ask her about it.

But my words to you--New York is a terrible, terrible place.
    Terrible.
    Maybe it's culture shock, but every time I go to New York I can't wait to flee. It fucking blows my ass.
    But maybe it will work out for you.

By Dougie on Friday, February 2, 2001 - 05:30 pm:

"New York is a terrible, terrible place. Terrible."

Huh? Explain, please. New York is the greatest city in the world. Something bad happen to you here?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact