It's just an expression...

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: It's just an expression...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Sheila on Monday, September 3, 2001 - 02:19 am:

Pounding sand down a rat hole. I have heard
    this used thousands of times, never truly
    comprehending that one could in the real
    world Pound Sand Down a Rat Hole. I did it
    all day today.

The holes were native; I had to buy the sand
    and do the pounding. I used a half jack and a
    pair of Birkenstocks. My feet are tired, my
    hands hurt, and I still have a few holes to go.

Sorabjiland is the only place I feel I could
    admit this and not be ridiculed.

By Alex on Monday, September 3, 2001 - 02:52 am:

what are birkenstocks?
    why were you pounding sand?

sorrry, just thought i would attempt to ridicule you, but i realise its just not me, ill leave that to Nate!

By Nate on Monday, September 3, 2001 - 01:07 pm:

go fuck yourself alex. no one ridicules sheila.

By semillama on Tuesday, September 4, 2001 - 08:48 am:

Yeah. She told you why she was pounding sand.
    Birkenstocks are sandals, but since you live in england where it's rainy and cold all the time, you couldn't be expected to know that.

I had never heard of pounding sand into rat holes, but it makes perfect sense to me.

By Czarina on Tuesday, September 4, 2001 - 10:16 am:

Whadda ya think happens to the rats,when this maneuver is performed?

By Hal on Tuesday, September 4, 2001 - 11:53 am:

They shit their fur?

By Alex on Wednesday, September 5, 2001 - 10:56 am:

dunno, i wouldnt have thought the sand would fill all the hole up, i.e get round the corners, perhaps it starves to death, or suffocates?

or perhaps the rats are allready gone and she is filling the holes to stop others coming?

By Czarina on Wednesday, September 5, 2001 - 12:46 pm:

I realize that rats aren't the most socially accepted varmits,but damn,what a rude awakening.I'd like to think they had already moved on.I know I would not like to be buried alive.No siree,I wouldn't like that at all.

By Nate on Wednesday, September 5, 2001 - 03:11 pm:

i like rats. but i kill them when they enter my house.

i think maybe you don't want a horse to break an ankle on a rat hole. but what do i know. fucking city slicker.

By Sheila on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 12:43 am:

No rats were harmed. Every burrow has many
    branches and exits.

I am paving a garden path with soapstone, old
    bricks, marble and slate. A patchwork thing.
    The rat holes undermine all parts of my place,
    causing us to live upon the thin crust. What
    lies beneath is: rats. They won't hibernate
    like the squirrels, so I need to discourge them
    from locating where I want to do projects. It is
    the squirrel holes that endanger the hoof
    stock. The rodent population this year is out of
    control, not that any control is exerted. Every
    day I hose a dozen of them out of The Haunted
    Tree because they throw junk down on my
    seedlings. Half an hour later they are back,
    mocking me.

By Czarina on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 09:55 am:

Hmmm,thats odd.Hal's having a squirel situation,too.

By TBone on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 10:34 am:

A squirrel threw an acorn at me Wednesday and hit me in the arm. So I kept it.

By Czarina on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 10:45 am:

What have you people done to these squirrels,to piss them off so badly that they have had to resort to guerilla warfare?

I always thought of squirrels,as cute fluffy little critters.

Do you own a pair of saftey goggles?If not,it might be prudent to acquire a pair ASAP.Maybe Hal should put some saftey netting around his bed,in case they're working on a night maneuver.

This has me unnerved.I'm gonna keep a close eye on my nuts,from now on.One can't be too careful,in these situations.

By The Watcher on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 11:13 am:

Squirrels are cute and fluffy little critters. Until they get to used to people.

Then they can become real pains in the posterior.

I had one where I used to live that decided to tear up my deck.

I had to trap the little bugger. And, moved him to a near by park.

He wasn't to pleased with the trap either. I had to leave work early because he was throwing such a fit. My wife and cats were quite disturbed by it.

By patrick on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 11:32 am:

have you ever met a NYC squirrel czarina?

cute, cuddly my ass.

those fuckers are big,jacked up on hot dog left overs from the park, and will tie your shoelaces together before you know whats what.

By bell_jar on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 12:22 pm:

i've always thought that squirrels are scary, but NYC squirrels win the prize.

fucking squirrely bastards.

By Czarina on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 12:31 pm:

Hot dog left overs?Now they mutated to carnivores?
    Oh my,something is terribly wrong with this picture.The carniverous little fluff balls are probably breeding prolificlly in the sewers.Its those damn additives,the hot dog producers use.Thats where this is comming from.

I've always been very suspicious of that Oscar Mayer character.He has beedy little eyes,and drives a weird vehicle.

By patrick on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 12:35 pm:

there was one practically sat on our shoes waiting for my friend to finish her weiner. Big fat motherfucker, and I doubt he got that fat eating bread.

By pez on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 12:45 pm:

there's one here that knocked a sturdy birdfeeder down with his weight alone. he's about the size of sylvie.

By Czarina on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 12:49 pm:

Good God!Where will this end?

By TBone on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 01:04 pm:

Native montana squirrel are tiny, brown, and eat things like pine nuts.

The missoula squirrels live off the acorns in the non-native trees throughout town. They were introduced many years ago to the campus because they're bigger, cuter, and less timid. Just 6 pairs were brought here.

Now they're EVERYWHERE in town, and they're downright hostile. I saw one pilfer a sandwich from a girl sleeping on the Oval. (the Oval is a large grassy area on campus separated into 4 quadrants where people sleep, play Ultimate, sun themselves, and get it on.)

By The Watcher on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 01:07 pm:

When we're replaced as the dominate species.

The only question that remains is what will replace us?

Squirrels, cockroaches, rats, or something else.

By Czarina on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 01:08 pm:

These Godless squirrels have no mercy!

Watch yourself,Patrick.When they find out you've spoken freely about them here,it'll be your nuts they're after next.Let em know they're not gettin' a bite of your nuts without a fight.

I think you should go up on your roof,and shout as loudly as you can,for squirrels everywhere to hear:

"I AIN'T 'Fraid A NO SQUIRRELS!THEY'RE MY NUTS AND I'M KEEPIN EM!LET HE WHO HAS NO SIN,BE THE FIRST TO GRAB MY NUTS!"

That'll show em you mean business.Make us proud of you,man!

Then please send any photos of this activity,directly to me,for safe keeping.

By droopy on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 01:12 pm:

Skwerlien Abduction: alien encounters or pointless drivel?

squirrels are not of this world.

the common ancester to all species of squirrel is the SKWATELYN. The Skwatelyn lived on a once-lush moon. They were very intteligent, creating a sub species ment for doing their dirty work. the sub-species were SQUIRRELS.

unfortunately, the consiquence was a stupid animal incapable of caaring out simple tasks without creating hasle.

in an attempt to destroy the squirrels the skwatelyns wiped out their own societies. the moon
    became a barren wasteland. no skwatelyns live there today.

on the other hand, the squirrels concequently went looking for sorces of food and shelter. realizing their inferaty they ellected a common leader known to all squirrels as el presidente or
    topicasta in squirrel language. the topicasta figured out how to use the skatelyn spacecraft to get to earth. that was about million years ago or maybe the latter half of 1929.

Soon the squirrels will leed a rebilion against the humans in an effort to take over the world, their attack epicentre is canada, for the canadians will fall first.

how do i know? i am one of the 83 that were abducted by the squirrels when the Black Plauge hit europe during the middle ages. they recently let me go if i promised not to tell you all this...

patriot huxley

from scary squirrel world

By Czarina on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 01:15 pm:

We better tell Gee.

By Hal on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 04:55 pm:

I'm frigtened... The squirrel attacks outside my home have declined in the past week or so, they are down to once every three days or so now, and they make attempts at my fan every other night. What frightens me is what they are planning. They haven't figured to use sharpened objects to slash my tires yet but I fear it is not far off. Also TBone was lucky, they threw an acorn at him, fuckers throw sticks and rocks at me. I'm waiting for the day that a oak leaf ninja star comes flying into my room nearly killing me. Its not far off I tell you.
    They know where I live and they know my mannerisms, all they need now is a way in, I think the only reason they haven't used the basement is because of the spiders that are half their size that could easily kill a few of them off. (And as much as I hate spiders, I'm glad they are where the are.) I'd go buy a pellet gun or something, but I think that would cause massive retaliation on their part leading to them throwing SHARPENED sticks and suicidal kamakazi attacks.
    My hippy roomates didn't understand till her dog was bitten by a squirrel, and now she is with me. I fear the ninja squirrel. And when I see one that has become a road waffel it scares me because that road waffel is nothing more then a failure of the Covert Ninja Training School, and it means they have an extensive training program.

I fucking hate squirrels.

By Alex on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 05:53 pm:

Something slightly disturbing i found on the net today regarding squirrels DONT LOOK IF YOU LIKE SQUIRRELS or have any kind of a heart at all for that matter! (its sick)

Perhaps you could team up with them Hal?!

http://aresbride.virtualave.net/roadkill.html

dont say i didnt warn you

i did say its sick

well i did try to warn you

By Dougie on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 06:04 pm:

The blonde chick's pretty damn cute.

By Payphone man on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 06:06 pm:

By Dougie on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 06:08 pm:

Any cute girls on it? Talking nekkid on payphones? That's the only way you'll get me there. Cute girls talking on and doing unspeakable things with payphones. Come back and let us know when you make it so.

By patrick on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 06:12 pm:

shes kinda cute, but clearly sick.

By Alex on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 06:16 pm:

yeah thats what i thought,

im sure i could put up with the sickness though!

By Alex on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 06:17 pm:

oh, just so long as she doesnt insist on playing with dead animals all the time that is

By Hal on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 06:20 pm:

Well that is clearly fucked up. The squirrels are clearly out to get them too. That and I don't think they have the caliber of squirrels we have here, ours are highly trained ninja squirrels who are masters of the art of stealth, deception, murder, assault, and all the finer arts of war.

By Dougie on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 06:26 pm:

Any girl who gets such glee out of killing a squirrel gets my vote for wild in bed. I remember when I was a kid, and me and my brother shot a squirrel with a pellet gun, and my brother wanted to use the tail for a hat a la Davy Crockett, and cutting the tail off the squirrel -- it was a bloody fucking mess, so we buried the squirrel in the yard without using the tail for a hat. 6 months later we dug it up to check out what decomposition on a squirrel was like -- a lot of fur and bones.

By patrick on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 07:03 pm:

you got a point dougie, about the crazy chick

By patrick on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 07:04 pm:

we need female guidance here, i suspect they think were a bunch of neanderthal lugnuts.

By Alex on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 07:06 pm:

i think we will all get severly reprimanded for this aparent aproval of this cruelty

but she IS cute!!!!

By moonit on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 07:25 pm:

cute but who wants a girl that touches dead furry animals...

By sarah on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 08:21 pm:

of course no rats were harmed.

please tell us more stories. tell us about Good and Bad Lois and the ducks too. tell us about the DEA fly bys. i can close my eyes and picture it. all the kitties and dogs and the horses and geese.

sheila, i have missed you.

By sarah on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 08:22 pm:

btw. you were, of course, absolutely right about kevins.

By J on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 12:08 pm:

By Gee on Friday, September 21, 2001 - 03:09 pm:

the squirrels here seem really nice. my friend Jamie found a baby squirrel a little while ago and she carried it around in her pocket for a couple of days before letting it go again. it cried whenever she wasn't in contact with it.

his name was Smacky. now, everytime she sees a squirrel she runs over crying "Smacky?!?", but it's never him.

By patrick on Friday, September 21, 2001 - 08:49 pm:

im gonna eat some chips and salsa.

what do you think about that?

By Gee on Saturday, September 22, 2001 - 08:29 pm:

I think you should share, but you never ever do.

are they lime flavoured chips? oh yummyyumyum.

By patrick on Monday, September 24, 2001 - 11:53 am:

no.

i decided not to eat chips and salsa.

instead i had water crackers and extra sharp cheddar.

i had a crazy weekend....i mean really crazy. I never intended it to be that crazy.

How was your weekend?

By Useful idiot on Monday, September 24, 2001 - 11:43 pm:

"water crackers"?

By Sheila on Monday, September 24, 2001 - 11:48 pm:

Carr's, and Black Diamond. Mmmmmmm.

By dave. on Tuesday, September 25, 2001 - 12:06 am:

yuck. they taste like whatever else you eat them
    with or your own funky tongue. kinda like tofu.

By bingo on Tuesday, September 25, 2001 - 12:22 am:

kinda like cardboard. definitely worse than tofu.

By KRaKoN on Tuesday, September 25, 2001 - 09:31 am:

fuck you

By sarah on Tuesday, September 25, 2001 - 10:48 am:

it's not about the taste necessarily, though i think water crackers are pretty yummy compared to most other crackers. with water crackers it's really about the texture, the delicate little snap.

By Spider on Tuesday, September 25, 2001 - 11:35 am:

Jimmy crack corn and I don't care.
    My master's gone away.

By M on Tuesday, September 25, 2001 - 11:50 am:

What kind of attitude is that to have?

By Spider on Tuesday, September 25, 2001 - 11:54 am:

You talking to me?

I don't know. KRaKoN made me think of that.

By M on Tuesday, September 25, 2001 - 01:30 pm:

Yep - just joking though.

Jimmy crack corn always made me think of attitude adjustment.

I'm not sure what that song means exactly.

By TBone on Tuesday, September 25, 2001 - 03:30 pm:

I had a friend who used to sing, "Jimmy Crack-Whore, and I don't care..."

By pez on Tuesday, September 25, 2001 - 03:33 pm:

i think it dates back to the ante-bellum south, unless i'm mistaken.

By M on Tuesday, September 25, 2001 - 04:18 pm:

Jimmysprungmais and I do not interest me us prospective customer, Jimmysprungmais and I not, Jimmysprungmais, and I am not interested my master, who is left.

Babelfish cleared it all up. Always does...

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact