Enduring motherfuckin Freedom

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Enduring motherfuckin Freedom
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Thursday, October 25, 2001 - 01:03 pm:

By Dougie on Thursday, October 25, 2001 - 01:58 pm:

Those are great, Patrick!

I like this one:

"I'm a little confused. Are US citizens allowed to kill suspected terrorists now?"

"I think so. But you have to be really really sure the person is a suspected terrorist. So be super-double sure that they make you feel nervous."

"Well, this dude standing by my desk is wearing a really fucked-up jacket. Can I clip him?"

By patrick on Thursday, October 25, 2001 - 02:45 pm:

"cap" him.

the most damning favorite of mine is about the humanitarian aide:

"yeah well it turns the humanitarian effort into a fun game for the Afghan people-a game called "See if you have any fucking arms left to eat the food we dropped after you step on a landmine trying to retrieve it."

is sick but gets the job done.

By Dougie on Thursday, October 25, 2001 - 03:45 pm:

Oh yeah, "cap" him. Can't believe I fucked up the punchline. Actually, I can.

By patrick on Friday, October 26, 2001 - 12:57 pm:

so like.....

we're fucked.

the war is chalking up to a gross failure thus far.

they are starting to admit its next to impossible to catch bin laden.

inspirational opposition leaders are being killed and asassinated.

world support is diminshing with each bomb dropped on civilian targets and when civilians die.

we are spending millions to move sand and rock around while they, are buying a postage stamp and bringing us down from the inside.

the holy month is approaching, and there is no sign we'll let up. hell, we cant. if we let up now, they win. we're at a loss thus far. even i...who opposed this from the get go, agrees that they cant stop now, without totally botching the hole thing.

are you happy? those who wanted these bombs? are you happy? is it going your way? do you "trust" our leaders to do the "right thing" now?

the only way they can turn this around, is if they commit serious troops, tanks and bomb this place like they did Germany. im opposed entirely to any of that, but unfortunately, thats what it will take, i think.

we're fucked. you hear? we're fucked!

economy is collapsing.

people are going broke.

they are bringing us down from the inside.

hey at least we got the yankees to lift our spirits.

By Fetidbeaver on Friday, October 26, 2001 - 02:29 pm:

the sky is falling! the sky is falling! the sky is falling! patrick calm down.

By patrick on Friday, October 26, 2001 - 03:06 pm:

i admit my personal situation can't get a whole lot more bleak...but the state of affairs elsewhere is becoming too much.

By dave. on Friday, October 26, 2001 - 04:07 pm:

what's up with some "middle easterners" gassing a trooper in florida today?

By patrick on Friday, October 26, 2001 - 05:10 pm:

I have no idea what you're referring to sir.

By semillama on Friday, October 26, 2001 - 05:27 pm:

neither does any web search.

By Hal on Friday, October 26, 2001 - 05:34 pm:

People in florida... Jesus people when you live in Florida you don't have leaves flowing through the air they are bullets.

Duck and run its your only hope.

By dave. on Friday, October 26, 2001 - 07:24 pm:

By Antigone on Friday, October 26, 2001 - 10:33 pm:

Goddamn, those cartoons rock.

By R.C. on Saturday, October 27, 2001 - 02:26 am:

Yes, they do rock. However did you find them, Patrick?

But the story from St. Cloud is a prime example of the new wave of xenophobia that this country seems to be falling under.

So a trooper writes somebody a tkt. & then falls out soon afterwards. That's not normally news -- but becuz the driver was Middle Eastern/it ends up in the news.

Mabye the cop's a diabetic & he didn't eat all day. Maybe he's got a touch of the flu. They checked him & the car & both were clean. There isn't any kind of spray or powder bioweapon I can think of that you can expose somebody to from inside yr car w/out exposing yrself in the process.

But now that driver's name is all over the news becuz of some shit that had nothing to do w/him.

... only in fucking Florida. Sometimes I think I shd move/but I can't decide where to go.

By Antigone on Saturday, October 27, 2001 - 04:07 pm:

Go to the land of missing vowels and slashes, young missy...

By patrick on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 11:24 am:

uhh they (cartoons) were emailed to me.

By Ophelia on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 05:46 pm:

Some army guy came to talk to our school the other day. He didn't talk much about the current situation though, more about his days in Vietnam and how he was proud to serve the country. Then some people asked questions, all of which he anwsered by restating the obvious about the tragedy of WTC. It was pretty frustrating, since I went sincerely hoping to learn something.

By Pug on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 11:44 am:

What I want to know(sorry if I'm behind the proverbial 8-ball) is why is this little infomercial epic called "Enduring Freedom"? I'll even forgo my questions about why all wars have to have catchy names, now. Why "Enduring Freedom" when our own gov't is so hellbent on taking our freedom away? NOT bin Laden----NOT the Taliban----NOT even Hollywood Squares regular Saddam Hussein.....ASHCROFT. RIDGE. Why are THEY doing it???????
    Sorry----loaded.

By Donald Rumsfeld on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 11:59 am:

We just want you to know that, as an American, you are free to endure all this bullshit.

By Hal on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 02:45 pm:

Its called PR....

They give it a catchy name because all the sheep in this country only take a look at the surface and never delve deep into what an actual issue is. Never research a subject because they don't need to they heard something on the news (the most liberal, source of tainted information in the world) or read something in their daily paper and now they have an opinion that powerful enough to let them vote.

Through the act of ensuring freedom in our world we take it from ourselves.

By pez on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 01:31 am:

we (as a nation) don't seem to notice that freedom comes with specific responsibilities.

really, the statement i've heard recently that makes the most sense is: "the earth is your mother. take care of your mother and feed your brother."

freedom isn't about revenge. it is about giving others the strength to stand up so they in turn can lend theirs.

By wisper on Monday, November 5, 2001 - 05:56 pm:

always remember people, it's a war on
    terrorism. Not Afghanistan. Terrorism.

*cough*

i drove past an Islamic community center and
    there was a police car parked by the doors. I
    thought i was going to cry.
    How can so many people be so stupid for this
    long. How can some insane redneck
    megalomaniac have a 99% approval rate. Why
    does anyone give a shit about the Emmy's
    being put back on. You would hope that after
    this much death and them being cancelled
    twice, people would realize that oh my god, no
    one has any reason to care about this
    useless crap.

When i was in B.C. two weeks ago i went to
    some memorial sites where the internment
    camps used to be, when our government put
    any Russian citizen during WW1 and the
    Japanese people in WW2. My poor little kid
    sister didn't even know that this happened.

exactly when does this cute little 'war on
    terrorism' get around to the IRA? are you going
    to bomb Ireland into the ground? or China?
    has baby had enough revenge for one day?
    time for nappies?

I really don't think that the Anthrax has anything
    to do with the plane attacks. I think it's a
    copy-cat thing. Now is the dream time to
    commit any massive crime, people are so
    paraniod.
    Of course, i still can't find a reason to totally
    believe that Osama has anything to do with
    any of this. It's getting way too much like
    Animal Farm around here, and his name is
    Snowball.

...and other random thoughts...^

By Nate on Tuesday, November 6, 2001 - 04:34 am:

la la la.

Hey!

The IRA is mostly funded by US groups. if we weren't hypocrites, we'd be bombing ourselves.

a carbomb went off in birmingham the other night. tick tick tick. only the detonator exploded. only injuries were reported.

By droopy on Tuesday, November 6, 2001 - 10:31 am:

erin go bragh, baby.

By LoneStranger on Tuesday, November 6, 2001 - 03:37 pm:

Yea. Ireland for life.

Lick the blarney stone. Hrm. Don't. Someone might have pissed on it.

Me, I'd just jump up on top of it with my pants around my ankles and shake my shalalie vigoriously in each of the four cardinal directions.

Guiness now comes in bottles. Apparenty it's some new technology. I have yet to experience it, but I am sure I will this weekend. It's either Guiness or Lagunita's Brown Sugar. How come it tastes so good? Well, for one they fucked up some other recipe and now they have a 10.19% alcohol content 22oz brew.

Sigh. Software Engineering is so boring. This instructor is so boring. I got a design pattern for him. I got a design pattern for him right here!

At least I am learning Java on the fly. It's not as bad as I thougt it was. Really quite nice. I think I'm going to ditch the graphics track for my grad requirements. Instead I'm going to do Network programming. Network Prog and AI for me. I'll be a game programming stud.

Now, if only I could complete my person projects to start a portfolio. Hrm. Maybe I'll put this crappy graduation requirements program we have to write in there.

Ahh well. 27 minutes to go. I suppose I could browse more of the web. Instead I think I'll just stick my nose into more message threads here.

yay.

LS

By Hal on Tuesday, November 6, 2001 - 06:46 pm:

Ahh quit yer bitchin...

Try software testing for a job...

By semillama on Tuesday, November 6, 2001 - 06:59 pm:

For further reference: it's Ireland For Ever.

God try on teh gaelic speeling, although I think the actual spelling is something close to : sillaidhlaigh or something tongue twisting like that.

By ROSOIN on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 10:50 pm:

SHELELAGH

By dave. on Sunday, March 17, 2002 - 02:05 pm:

Terror's march backwards

An Absolute Atrocity Special by Armando Iannucci and Chris Morris

Sunday March 17, 2002
    The Observer

September

11th: The attacks change forever the British convention for placing the day before the month in dates.

12th: Washington informs Tony Blair of attack on US.

13th: The immediate aftermath of the attacks generates fear and paranoia across America. Angry shoppers beat up a woman who's put a towel on her head to dry her hair, while people whose faces look like aeroplanes are subject to 24-hour curfew. Citizens for whom this is 'a bad time' include Tiara Ryzst, Tray Njinkampps, Mo Jardine, Moss Lamb, the Twain-Towers family, and Will and Tray d'Senta.

14th: Airlines report no one willing to fly. Bush insists this is a sign of defiance and commissions Hollywood to make films in which being scared to go on an aeroplane is an act of bravery. Filming immediately commences on an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie called Absolute Refusal about a businessman who cannot face boarding a plane but heroically makes a meeting in Cairo by crossing the Atlantic on a pedalo.

16th: Speculation about US retaliation grows. Expert opinion is divided over whether the 'medievalist' regime of Afghanistan should be bombed back to the Stone Age or forward into the twenty-first century. The prevailing Hawk argument runs: 'There's a big stone at the back of the Stone Age and we'll bomb them so hard back into that, they'll bounce all the way forward to 2002.'

19th: The pop singer Michael Jackson is refused permission to lie down and sing songs from his new album into the World Trade Centre rubble. Jackson is reported to have been a 'nuisance presence' at Ground Zero - foisting cheaply embroidered MJ handkerchiefs on to grieving relatives and incessantly moondancing into the paths of rescue workers.

21st: Tony Blair declares that Britain must share in America's pain as Education Secretary Estelle Morris announces plans for children to drop French and instead spend two hours a day chewing gum. And as a mark of respect, all future Prom concerts will feature orchestras using baseball bats instead of bows.

26th: Bush cheers American nation by launching Operation Death Unto Allah. Concern from coalition partners that this might constitute some sort of gaffe.

27th: There are delays in sending American special forces to Afghanistan when the entire air force refuse to fly in a plane.

30th: Twelve days after the collapse of the World Trade Centre, amazed rescue workers uncover an entire office floor that is still doing business. Despite falling 890 feet and being buried under 12,000 tons of rubble, all workers at Leeman Sachs Trading Inc are unharmed. They have remained at their desks since the bank's Tokyo HQ saw television pictures of the burning towers, called them up and ordered them to keep working. 'We were still sitting at our desks when we landed in the rubble,' said one dealer. 'I actually completed three transactions on the way down.' In fact trading at the buried floor has been so good since 11 September, the bank may sue the New York Fire Dept for digging them out.

October

3rd: While donations pour into New York, a suppressed report reveals that a huge benefit concert held last month for victims of the Pentagon attack raised just $21. The show, featuring REM, Bon Jovi, Beck and the Rolling Stones, took place in a purpose-built, 50,000-seat arena on the Pentagon lawn but despite saturation advertising only attracted 74 fans. Sources say that the Pentagon attack, already notorious as 'a TV dud', is now badly in need of a relaunch.

4th: The US public is still so sensitive to images of New York that Woody Allen is forced to remake Manhattan shot for shot but with all views of the city taken out. Furious that the new version, Quebec, will lack resonance, the director comforts himself by giving the part of Diane Keaton to eight 17-year-old girls.

6th: American Airlines launches a controversial emergency campaign to persuade Americans to fly again. Posters put up in every major American city show a fearful businessman reading a newspaper over the words 'Get the hell out while you can! Australia from $120.'

7th: Bush announces the start of Operation Bomb Islamics. He tells the US that coalition members agree this title is not offensive to 'good Muslims'. This is confirmed in a hastily written episode of The West Wing in which a good Muslim is played by Jeff Goldblum.

8th: World shown new US weaponry including the XMB0181 foaming missile designed to flush out enemy hiding in caves. The device, known as the 'Condeleezza Cappuccino', is designed to deliver a sarcastic sprinkling of cocoa powder on the routed enemy.

9th: US bombs hit a Red Cross emergency centre on the outskirts of Kabul, but the Pentagon refuses to apologise, blaming the Red Cross logo for 'looking like the crosshairs on a viewfinder'. Spokesman Paul Wolfowitz says: 'I'd ask this clearly self-loathing organisation to change its suicidal insignia before they kill us all.' The Red Cross complies immediately and changes its logo to a blue baseball hat.

16th: Less than two weeks into the bombing campaign, the US admits its new range of smart weapons may be too intelligent. Sources say the $7m Supersophic missiles have a range of only 50 metres because less than a second after launch the onboard computer has worked out that violence only leads to more violence and that all war is futile. Realising there's no point any more, the weapon either deliberately crashes itself into a beautiful woman or flies back home to America to spend the rest of its days buzzing round a farm. The Pentagon orders that, from now on, missiles must be 'no more intelligent than a steelworker'.

18th: Rising concern over humanitarian crisis in Afganistan. Henry Belt, renowned as the most mordant scurgist in Fleet Street, produces a cartoon which is said to have made Alistair Campbell 'weep like a bereaved child'.

19th: Blair announces support for the US intention to bomb during Ramadan but confirms that out of respect for Islam, all food parcels dropped during this period will be empty.

20th: The Pentagon denies reports of civilian casualties and adds that even if there were some, they couldn't be shown in case they 'died in shapes that could be code'.

24th: Bush announces: 'It may take another 98 years to find bin Laden unless we've got him already.' In a TV address, standing next to a large veiled object, the President continues: 'For security reasons I cannot reveal whether this titanium steel canister does or does not contain the terror atrocity, Mr bin Laden. But I give the American people my word: bin Laden has definitely been or will be captured. I have ordered that this box be placed, with its contents either full or empty, at the foot of the Lincoln memorial, and opened in 2099. In the meantime, I would ask you to remember that any future video statements by Mr bin Laden could well have been recorded before we put him in this containment. Unless he isn't in there.'

26th: Anthrax scare in Britain - BBC advises staff

TO: ALL USERS SUBJECT: SECURITY

This email is being issued to all staff.

Be alert about your handling your mail, particularly if it:

· is mailed from a foreign country

· has protruding wires

· is lopsided or uneven

· has a strange odour

· has discolourations, oily stains or crystallisation on the wrapper · is unexpected

· appears to contain powder or other unusual contents

· is covered in bin Laden's piss or something that smells like it

· has a couple of miniature AK47's sticking out of it and the muffled sound of jibbering muslim midgets

· the envelope keeps spinning and pointing to Mecca when you put it on a table · the envelope bears a stamp advising you not to read the letter so much as lick it all over and eat it

· the letter inside claims that the white matter in the envelope is 'the first instalment of some free salt you've won' or 'some sugar for your morning coffee'.

NB: If you are unsure about your regular postal consignment of cocaine (or speed if you are black and a cleaner) the BBC will for a limited period only, check the powder for anthrobacillus. We regret we cannot be legally responsible for any errors in this analysis and staff will be required to sign a waiver. In the event of a long queue for this service, priority will be given to those whose drugs are supplied by Cocaine Direct or similar who ensure the coca harvesters are part of a profit sharing initiative based on end user purchase receipts.

November

3rd: US on maximum alert as the FBI announces 'credible' intelligence suggesting al-Qaeda are planning to trample thousands of Americans to death under rampaging hippos. Bureau chiefs believe a build-up of four million mother hippos could be hidden north of the Canadian border and say a mother hippopotamus will charge at anything that comes between it and its calf. The alert follows the recent discovery of a baby hippo in a White House cupboard. Meanwhile, seven young hippos are said to have walked into a Chicago department store yesterday while an eighth was mysteriously presented as a gift to the actor Ben Affleck. Hardware shops in most states report they've now run out of anti-hippo suits.

7th: Described as 'ill-conceived', a Broadway production in which New York firemen perform The Vagina Monologues loses after just three days.

12th: New figures reveal that the number of people who perished in the attacks on 11 September may be as low as three. Counsellors are on standby to help New Yorkers deal with the trauma of being more upset than they needed to be. Pressure mounts on Mayor Giuliani - already criticised for his insistence that Ground Zero be kept shrouded in smoke - after the dust cleared briefly last week to reveal that the South Tower was still standing. Psychologists say original estimates of 6,000 were probably much larger due to 'all kinds of shit'.

18th: US confidently announces the 'further complete death' of Osama bin Laden. Defence chiefs credit the new Fairhunter talking missile which pays local Afghan shepherds to report the location of enemy forces. If leads turn out to be false, Fairhunter returns to the shepherd and blows him up.

21st Success of 9/11 attacks giving al-Qaeda acute 'second album' difficulty. FBI sources say the poor quality of follow-up activities reveals al-Qaeda's dreadful fear that they will never top the impact of the 11 September atrocities. In a recent attack described as 'a shoddy and lame retread', one man attempted to crash 100,000 paper darts into Chicago's Sears Tower. He was arrested without a struggle after throwing just seven darts through the fire escape window of a nearby office block. Similar plots in Washington and Los Angeles were also foiled although a visiting Egyptian did successfully hurl a lobster at Jimmy Connors.

23rd: Western capitals are disrupted by a wave of hoaxers claiming to have sent anthrax through the post. The police report particular difficulties with people claiming to be hoaxers who turn out not to be hoaxers at all. Says an angry NYPD spokesman: 'False hoaxers are blocking the lines so the real hoaxers can't get through... How can we catch genuine hoaxers if false hoaxers prevent them from making their hoax in the first place?'

26th: Tony Blair triumphantly announces his UK delegation has persuaded the UN Afghan Conference that the broadcaster John Peel should be the new leader of Afghanistan. Says the Foreign Office: 'John will appeal both to the conservative Pashtun south - who prefer men to wear beards - as well as to the northern tribes who like music.' Blair says The Americans give their approval after he told them Peel is 'the British Tom Hanks'. Peel will be required to repair Afghanistan's shattered infrastructure, restore relations with Iran and Uzbekistan, unify the volatile stand-off between rival factions in the south-west, and continue with his Radio 4 series Home Truths on Saturday mornings, against his will if necessary. On the BBC's Newsnight, the US ambassador allows Jack Straw to confirm the news and then announces that Hamid Karzai has been installed in Kabul.

December

1st: An email print-out dated 10 September and signed by Jo Moore is discovered in a house in Kandahar. It reads: 'Need to bury story about local councillors' expenses... Fly two airliners into World Trade Centre?'

2nd: Media sources suggest the number of Afghan civilians killed in US bombing raids is 1,800. The Pentagon protests that, with the correct counting methods, the figure is actually 29. Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld says: 'If you just find a head, that's not a whole person. To increase the death toll by one, you're talking seven or eight heads at least.' Experts on US network Fox news explain that Islamic numbers are smaller than they look and agree that 'in their tradition, 120 usually means five'.

4th: Defence Department announces that a bearded US missile has been captured and imprisoned near the Afghan city of Mazar-e-Sharif. The missile, which disappeared last March, told CIA interrogators it wanted to 'blow up women and gays and kites'.

5th: Bin Laden seen 'dead on a dead horse on top of a dead hill that had been absolutely blown up with bombs', confirms Afghan villager pleased to see he has given the right answer.

6th: Sheaves of terrorist plans found in Kabul reveal that al-Qaeda terrorists were behind a string of atrocities including the Heisel stadium disaster in 1986. A Biro drawing of a squashed football with a brick on top of it shows how the Muslim extremists planned every detail of the horrifying crush of spectators - believed at the time to be the work of hooligans. The documents are just part of a huge cache of terror tools shown to blindfolded Western reporters. One describes how he also 'felt a system of levers which control all major volcanoes and tectonic faultlines on earth'. A White House spokesman said: 'We have no reason to doubt that these apocalyptic savages conceived their children to recordings of passengers screaming in the Lockerbie air crash.' The discoveries come just days after looters offered a Wall St Journal reporter 'a tidal wave in a suitcase' big enough to destroy the entire US eastern seaboard.

8th: Blair triumphantly announces that the soothing voice of Fergal Keane is now being broadcast 24 hours a day from refugee camp loudspeakers.

9th: An outcry in Harpenden when a branch of the al-Qaeda network opens a shop in the town's high street. The store sells dirty nuclear devices and videos of clerics demonstrating how to make soup out of women. Home Secretary David Blunkett confesses: 'Our draconian anti-terrorism legislation doesn't cover actual shops.'

22nd: Man arrested with network of caves in shoe. Taken to the Nevada desert and told to stand still while his shoes are attacked with thermobaric bombs.

23rd: US strategists now admit bin Laden is still at large claiming he is 'probably a lot smaller than we thought... and may be only six inches tall'.

29th: Shock scientific survey proves that America really did have it coming. The results of a new study show that at the time of the 11 September attacks, America was unequivocally asking for it. American researchers at the highly respected Massachusetts Institute of Technology who collated the DNA profiles, conversational attitudes and facial disposition of more than 8,000 Americans are said to be 'devastated' by the results. Test supervisor Bill Porman said: 'I'm sorry to say but spend any time with these people and you start to think, sure, I'd do it, they're absolutely fucking insufferable.' Security Chief John Ashcroft is said to be demanding that, from now on, objective scientific research be classified as an act of terrorism.

January

3rd: There are calls for immediate review of UK airport security after two journalists from the Daily Mail board a British Airways 737 jet at Manchester airport with two knives and a fork concealed in their hand luggage. The reporters force their way into the cockpit, overpower the pilot, take control of the plane, and crash it into a tall building, killing over 2,000 people and injuring hundreds more. An incandescent editorial by Mail editor Paul Dacre describes airport security standards as 'inexcusably laxative'. This latest exposure recalls events last September, when Mohamed Atta of the Daily Express, along with a colleague from the Evening Standard, crashed two jets into the World Trade Centre in New York, greatly embarrassing security officers in the US.

4th: A chaotic war of recrimination breaks out between the CIA and MI5 when it is disclosed that Osama bin Laden attended a waxwork sitting at London's Madame Tussaud's on 1 September. A Tussaud's spokesman says: 'He was extremely polite and bought all the ladies tea. We just assumed someone would pop in and arrest him when we'd finished.' It is believed that bin Laden returned for follow-up sittings on 4 December and shortly after Christmas.

17th: State of the Nation address: Bush declares that countries with which America has 'unfinished business' constitute a 'spindle of atrocity'. These include Libya, Vietnam, Japan, Colin Powell, Germany and the northern anti-slavery states of the US.

24th: There is worldwide outrage that prisoners detained at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba are regularly being dropped out of aircraft over 5,000 feet above the ground. Tony Blair is later reassured by Donald Rumsfeld's guarantee that jettisoned British prisoners will be allowed to fight over a parachute. Downing Street remains tight-lipped over the restriction of parachute diameter to two inches but sources say Geoff Hoon is persuaded that larger chutes would allow prisoners to strangle themselves. The US practice of nailing detainees to their seats during transportation from Afghanistan is justified as a precaution 'against them building a terrorist training camp in the aircraft toilet' although they are criticised for classifying prisoners as 'hazardous invertebrate vermin', a term not recognised under the Geneva Convention. The Red Cross will monitor conditions at Camp X-ray for three months and then publish a report 'under no circumstances whatsoever'.

February

9th: WTC legal fall-out. A New York banker whose car was hit by a man jumping out of the burning north tower is suing the dead man's estate because he failed to curl up into a neat ball to minimise the damage. The city of New York is to sue firms occupying the upper 38 storeys of both towers because as they crashed earthwards, they added hugely to the numbers of people on the lower floors, thus 'momentarily breaking fire regulations'.

20th: US is criticised over 'manipulative' Olympics opening ceremony in which the entire American team form a human twin towers which is then smashed into by a flying snowboarder dressed as an Arab and carrying the ribcage of a genuine New York fireman. As chained al-Qaeda suspects sing 'God Bless America' at gunpoint, 100,000 doves with weights tied to their ankles are released to recreate an engulfing mass of white dust and the crowd tearfully applaud for five hours.

24th: Hosting the film Baftas, Stephen Fry delivers an unspeakably trite and fucked-up heap of shit urging film makers to 'keep telling stories' in the face of world events - as if films make any fucking difference to anything, least of all the advancement of peace, as if in fact they don't more often promote, through piss like Black Hawk Down, the very surfeit of self-regarding superiority that makes the American West so unpopular in the first place. Naturally the audience of actors and industry luvvies spontaneously applaud like the blinkered, solipsistic, self-congratulating cunts they are.

March

2nd: The World Trade Centre owners announce plans to rebuild the skyscrapers on exactly the same floorplan as before - but due to the disputed insurance settlement, the towers will only be three storeys high.

24th: As as tribute to America's pain, President Bush commissions a new book of the Bible, called The Acts of the Folks. The book comes after Revelations and describes how Manhattan street vendors gained the kingdom of heaven by giving firemen free doughnuts. The new scripture also praises the 'ordinary folks' who turned their babies into flags, made bonfires of beards or stood on hills and stared angrily eastwards. Speaking at an Easter ceremony in Wisconsin in which a shaved rabbit is nailed upside down to a cross, the President said: 'Every Christian on earth will agree this book improves the Bible. Amen.' With these words the President offered the rabbit a sponge soaked in vinegar, then shot it in the stomach and called on the local necromancer to 'make it rise on the third day like the shining rabbit in heaven'.

By semillama on Sunday, March 17, 2002 - 03:16 pm:

Holy god, that was the funniest and most
    tasteless thing I've read in a long time.

By Toulon99 on Sunday, March 17, 2002 - 06:09 pm:

The problem with this world is people who have the time to write the above meaningless dribble.

James

By Nate on Sunday, March 17, 2002 - 06:50 pm:

you are part of the problem.

By droopy on Sunday, March 17, 2002 - 07:31 pm:

I thought it was funny. Armando Iannucci and Chris Morris are renowned British satirists, not writers of unspeakably trite and fucked-up heaps of shit as if it made any fucking difference to anything, least of all the advancement of peace, as if in fact they don't more often promote, through piss like "terror's march backwards", the very surfeit of self-regarding superiority that makes the British so unpopular in the first place. I'm sure the Brits spontaneously applauded like the blinkered, solipsistic, self-congratulating cunts they are.

By Antigone on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 01:57 am:

What is the sound of one cunt congratulating?

By agatha on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 11:50 am:

slap slap slap

By patrick on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 12:09 pm:

oh my

By eri on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 01:07 pm:

I thought it was thwap thwap thwap?!?!?!?!?!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact