general goddam craziness

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: general goddam craziness
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Alex on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 08:07 am:

Phew

finally I have a long enough break in my work to pop in and let off some steam so to speak. I hope eveyone is ok still.

Pez, how is life away from home now? still surviving? Hows the love life Sem? I cant really remeber many of the other long running subjects from August now though!

We had an earthquake here yesterday, by no means a big one by anyones standards, for those of you from countries where proper things happen! But it was big enough to scare us all, it had toppled a few trees in the city centre though. I am now an earthquake survivor! way hay!there was evne an aftershock how kick ass is that for Britain!

I have discovered that my next project (which is designing 8-12 no. affordable houses in a small town in South Yorkshire on a brownfield site) will end up on show in the town hall of Mexborough(my town i have to design the homes for) for all its residents to see as part of an exibition of all our work for this project.

How cool is that?

Why cant i cope with 4 hours sleep. I thought that was all we needed?

By Ophelia on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 05:28 pm:

Different people require different amounts of sleep. I think 4 hours is near the minimum end of the range.

By R.C. on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 02:59 am:

Designing affordable housing is a noble cause, Alex. Make it as attractive & comfortable as you can. Poor blokes need decent housing too. And some of the most interesting people I've ever met were architects.

One of the things I hate about Florida is that they break ground on a new mega-development practically every week here in Sarasota/but they never include any low-income apartments or townhouses. It's always 'luxury apartments' (w/no luxuries to speak of/beyond a washer & dryer) that will let for $800 a mo. for 1 bedroom. And 3 bedroom townhouses starting @ 150k. And mini-mansions starting at 200K+. But nothing the avg. working stiff cd ever hope to afford. Becuz the swells don't that element living in their pricey planned communities. With the depressed salaries here/the construction workers who build those houses can't even afford to live in them!

Best of luck to you.

By patrick on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 11:13 am:

You hurl at house prices here. granted its allllll relative, its still a novelty to think that a 25% deposit on a 3 bedroom townhouse here could get you the whole thing there.

By heather on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 11:31 am:

ARCHITECTS SUCK!!??!!

By Platypus on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 03:37 pm:

Hee hee. I think I'll move to Florida.

By Alex on Thursday, November 1, 2001 - 06:34 am:

Heather what is it with you and architects?????!!!

Its crazy, houseprices here are grossly over the top, for the price of a three bed semi in hitchin you can get a four bed mansion in Florida even in Celebration the houses are cheper than their UK equivalents!

By Nate on Thursday, November 1, 2001 - 06:54 am:

housing is cheap over here as compared to the silicon valley. fuck this UK crap. the UK sucks dick.

stop being a dumbass, alex. i'm a stones throw from your nottingham assclub. don't make me rent a car and drive up the wrong side of the road.

By Czarina on Thursday, November 1, 2001 - 10:08 am:

oooooooh,and be careful,Alex,everythings ass backwards there,so if Nate has to give you a good ass-fucking,well,I think you get my point!

By not agatha on Thursday, November 1, 2001 - 11:29 am:

(heather is an architect)

someone had to tell the poor boy.

By patrick on Thursday, November 1, 2001 - 11:51 am:

i think heather should try and get a job at WGHB in Boston working with Norm Abrhams on the New Yankee Workshop, or perhaps with that Steve Cockmouth guy from This Old House.

You'd be much happier re-doing New England homes for the rich, wouldnt you?

Hmmmm. maybe not.

yeah, architects suck.

alex have you said it recently?

have you?

said it?

its time.

repeat.

"fuck the french..."

"...and their avante garde architects"

By heather on Thursday, November 1, 2001 - 12:45 pm:

only i'm not anywhere near boston anymore

By patrick on Thursday, November 1, 2001 - 12:52 pm:

where are you?

By heather on Thursday, November 1, 2001 - 02:20 pm:

at the moment i'm in michigan

[i still think architects suck]

By Alex on Thursday, November 1, 2001 - 03:20 pm:

they do! its true

do architects in the USA actually make any money? they certainly dont over here!

Fuck the French and their third rate architects.

Corb was a dick

U still in London Nate?

By semillama on Thursday, November 1, 2001 - 06:29 pm:

It's possible I will be up in Michigan one of these coming weekends, but I don't know for sure.

architects DO suck. I share an office with a bunch of them.

By Nate on Friday, November 2, 2001 - 04:16 am:

i'm still in london, alex. still. london.

By heather on Friday, November 2, 2001 - 04:33 am:

in case you all want to find out about my incredible opportunity:

H,
    Finally, we're able to reach you!

We have some very important information about your future.

We occasionally have visions or dreams about people that have contacted us, but we can't be absolutely sure until we read your Tarot cards!

H, I do know for sure that you're going to encounter an opportunity that could change your whole life! Now could be your best chance, I think you know what we're talking about...

You could be very, very lucky! In fact, I'm going to authorize a totally FREE Tarot reading with one of my finest, so that we can discover exactly what's going on!

Call this reserved toll-free number right now: 1-800-393-3609.

Time is short and passing quickly!
    Call now and get in touch with me morning, afternoon, sunset or late at night!

When you call, give us these special codes:

Personal pin number: 77409
    Identification number: 008

H, please do not share these numbers or my extension number with anyone! I'm trusting you! Call this number immediately and let's get to the heart of what's going on in your life: 1-800-393-3609 - remember - this call is FREE!

With love, hope & much respect.
    Miss Cleo

For a special FREE Reading offer, call 1-800-393-3609 - remember - this call is FREE!

london is very far

By ALEX on Friday, November 2, 2001 - 10:02 am:

ITS NOT FAR FROM ME

WOW, NOW THAT is AN AMAZING OPPRTUNITY

By agatha on Friday, November 2, 2001 - 11:36 am:

i got a letter from miss cleo too! we're like this.

By Nate on Friday, November 2, 2001 - 11:49 am:

i'm leaving work! my friday is over! neener!

By Dougie on Friday, November 2, 2001 - 05:09 pm:

"yeah, architects suck."

I watched the Fountainhead late the other night on AMC. Roark certainly didn't suck.

By droopy on Friday, November 2, 2001 - 05:15 pm:

i've never read her, but i've always suspected that ayn rand sucks.

By heather on Friday, November 2, 2001 - 05:39 pm:

roark was the myth of the genius architect,
    the fountainhead is propaganda [oh, and ridiculous]

of course i just read it, i didn't see the movie.

By Dougie on Friday, November 2, 2001 - 05:53 pm:

Of course.

By heather on Friday, November 2, 2001 - 10:46 pm:

of course, what? i dunna get it

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact