@Home is a bunch of dick-wads

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: @Home is a bunch of dick-wads
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By LoneStranger on Sunday, December 2, 2001 - 07:31 pm:

I'm pissed. Back home, we use AT+T@Home for internet access. Here in the dorms, I still use my @home email. But as all of you may know, @Home cut off AT+T because of a spat regarding bankrupsy and purchasing and some other jazz.

So here I am, with my email of about 6 years gone.... and my family is without internet until AT+T can get their act together.

I am thinking about getting a provider that will let me get my own domain name. Then I can have an email address using that domain name. When I switch service providers, I can redirect my domain to the new provider. Then I can keep my new email for the rest of my life.

Nate knows what it would be. The problem is, I want it now, but I don't have the money until I get out of school here.

@Home is a bunch of dick-wads.

Aye me.

LS

By agatha on Sunday, December 2, 2001 - 09:11 pm:

agreed. it seems so bizarre to me that they can just go, "well, sorry, your email is gone! thanks for your business!" the thing that really pisses me off is that i'm still being charged for shitty service and i haven't gotten any personal notification of any of this.

grrr.

By Christopher on Sunday, December 2, 2001 - 10:09 pm:

You can blame AT&T for that. They willfully destroyed @Home from the inside. DUMP ALL OF YOUR AT&T RELATED SERVICES. I did, and I feel much better.

By J on Monday, December 3, 2001 - 08:34 am:

I have cox@home too,I don't have a clue as to backing up my files,and Fri. got a letter from them saying I will be charged $5 a month more.

By dave. on Monday, December 3, 2001 - 10:19 am:

up until this weekend, i had almost nothing bad to say about @home. except for the slow uploads, server blocking, and "missing" newsgroups, it was a kickass service.

now, for the same price, we have to change our email addys to a stupid-sounding "attbi" domain, dynamic ips are being forced on me so i'm gonna have to change the way i configure my home network, half of the www is now a dns error, and the newsgroups have been throttled to about 12kb/s.

i'm definitely looking for another option but are qwest any better than att? no, they are not.

death to the corporations! every last one of them.

By Margret on Monday, December 3, 2001 - 10:54 am:

I had a weird dream last night and dave and agatha were in it. You guys, please don't take any pseudo-homeless college drop-out women into your home until my feeling of anxiety passes.

By patrick on Monday, December 3, 2001 - 11:54 am:

whats the difference between this "@home" service and say that of AOL or Earthlink?

Is it cable modem service?

By patrick on Monday, December 3, 2001 - 11:55 am:

also, i found out they are increasing the cost of my medical benefits by upwards of 40%.

as i corworker complained, I realized that perhaps the free ride is over.

welcome to the new economy of practicality.

By agatha on Monday, December 3, 2001 - 12:20 pm:

margret, i promise to avoid couch surfers if you will note that i actually wrote in your blog. i did!

By Margret on Monday, December 3, 2001 - 12:55 pm:

I read it. I responded. Thanks, agatha.

By agatha on Monday, December 3, 2001 - 02:49 pm:

yay! i'm going to try to get some others on the blog.

can somebody please do me a favor and send an email to agatha@fluffah.com? i'm testing this email thingy, since my @home mail is annoying now.

thanks.

By LoneStranger on Monday, December 3, 2001 - 08:52 pm:

I got my new email set up today. @attbi.com

Wonderful, eh?

Now... I just need to complete school.

And get my own domain name.

LS

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact