I have a job interview

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: I have a job interview
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
moonit on Sunday, December 9, 2001 - 04:44 am:

Tomorrow. At 12.30. Thats 13 hours and 15 minutes away. I am not nervous. But I'm not sure if being an Account Manager for all the South Island clients is quite what I want to do.

But... this other job I'm in... as much as I love the people I work with, I am growing increasingly distrustful of the people I work for. And thats kind of sad.

I also can't survive on the money I am on. Leana came round yesterday and went to put some vodka cruisers in the fridge and asked me where all my food was.

Contents of fridge:
    3/4 bottle of lemonade (for cointreau)
    bottle of lime juice
    three cans of diet coke
    tomato relish
    carton of milk

fuck.

By moonit on Sunday, December 9, 2001 - 08:29 pm:

So I had my job interview, and the guy (Greg) was really nice. He talked about how I would have a multi-role of account co-ordinator, manager etc and that I'd get flown up to Wellington or Auckland every so often etc.

So it's a step in a different direction. And if I get offered it I will probably take it. They offer international transfers.

By Czarina on Monday, December 10, 2001 - 09:30 am:

Are you considering an international transfer?

Where do you want to go?

By Daniel ssss on Monday, December 10, 2001 - 10:15 am:

3/4 bottle of lemonade (for cointreau); add vodka for a refreshing drink in the monring; gets one started off right.

bottle of lime juice: add vodka for a refreshing drink in the afternoon; sets one up for a wonderful, citrusy evening.

three cans of diet coke; discard; poison

tomato relish; add vodka for a new twist on the chunky bloody mary side. You can use some of the lime here too.

carton of milk: add vodka for that refreshing morning pick me up and you'll get a spot of nutrition too; warm slightly and add the vodka and you've got a drunk cow without the hot chocolate taste.

and then there's the combination of chunky tomato relish, milk, lime juice, and lemonade along with a lot of vodka for job search fortification. Helpful when drafting "thank you notes" for interviews:

--4 ounces tomato relish
    --8 ounces fresh turning slightly sour milk
    --shot lime juice concentrate
    --shots lemonade

--blend with ice and raspberry yogurt for a smoothie.

(you'll have to borrow the yogurt I guess)
    Hope the results of your interview end up better than this recipe.

By moonit on Monday, December 10, 2001 - 02:37 pm:

No that sounded really yum! No really it did!

heh.

Cz, I want to go to New York. If I could work there for a bit rather than travel there and be poor while I stay it would be quite cool.

or incredibly stupid.

By patrick on Tuesday, December 11, 2001 - 11:56 am:

what is a vodka "cruiser"????

By droopy on Tuesday, December 11, 2001 - 12:13 pm:

"vodka cruiser" is a premix. fruit juice and vodka. several delish flavors.

last weekend i had a drink made of goya® mango nectar, vodka, and enough tapatío to give it a kick. it wasn't bad.

a tapatío is a native of guadalajara.

By moonit on Tuesday, December 11, 2001 - 06:15 pm:

Yeah they're pretty cheap and nasty. But the grapefruit ones are goooooood.

I've turned into a cheap drunk. I don't want to get hammered on my cointreau... because its so damn expensive.

By moonit on Tuesday, December 11, 2001 - 06:18 pm:

In other moonit-work related news... yesterday my friend was told to go home and think for a week about her new contract. She was also branded a troublemaker by management... because she organised a group of people to visit a lawyer.

Bastards. I have to escape.

By droopy on Tuesday, December 11, 2001 - 06:19 pm:

By Joe KEWl on Wednesday, December 12, 2001 - 01:02 am:

i want a big bag of money

By J on Wednesday, December 12, 2001 - 09:14 am:

I'll drink to that!

By patrick on Wednesday, December 12, 2001 - 11:21 am:

i think those pre-mixed chick drinks are reprehensible.

last night i drank snake bites.

try that moonit.

time to belly up girl.

ditch the pussy drinks.

By patrick on Wednesday, December 12, 2001 - 11:24 am:

er. irreprehensible.

thats what i meant.

to double check my spelling i looked it up, and i see the word doesnt exist.

well.

it does now.

By moonit on Wednesday, December 12, 2001 - 03:27 pm:

thing is tho, those drinks are cheaper.

and you get the nifty 'i drank cheap alcohol' hangover.

By patrick on Wednesday, December 12, 2001 - 03:50 pm:

I understand about cost. as a lush myself, i really understand.

thank god for Trader Joes and their cheap wine selection. I say cheap as in their killer prices, not the cheap wine.

Something comforting to the lush about drinking a $3 bottle of decent Chilian wine vs slugging a quart of Tecate when youre on a budget.

By Spider on Wednesday, December 12, 2001 - 04:10 pm:

Have you ever seen Cheap Red (and Cheap White) Wine sold? My dad loves to give bottles of that to people for gifts. The labels are plain brown with CHEAP RED WINE stenciled on them. He thinks it's hilarious.

It's pretty good wine, too.

By patrick on Wednesday, December 12, 2001 - 05:14 pm:

No. Never seen those.

By moonit on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 02:18 pm:

I GOT THE JOB.

6 grand payrise. thankyouverymuch!

yeah.

i feel guilty though, but i know that i won't be the only person packing up and leaving as soon as something slightly better comes along.

By Spider on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 02:50 pm:

Yay, Moonit!!

By Dougie on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 03:00 pm:

Congratulations, Moonit. Gonna go out and celebrate with vodka cruisers tonight?

By Cat on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 04:13 pm:

Well done Account Manager Moonit!

By The Watcher on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 04:14 pm:

Congratulations. And, good luck in the new job.

By dave. on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 04:37 pm:

congrats, moonit!

just don't become a useless fuckoff like all other account managers. when they start trying to remind you who butters your bread, tell them proudly, "the customers butter my motherfucking bread!"

good luck.

By agatha on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 04:54 pm:

go, moonie! don't you dare feel guilty, that stupid newspaper would have screwed you at the drop of a hat. bastards.

By J on Friday, December 14, 2001 - 09:09 am:

Right on hon,and maybe with that 6 grand pay raise you can come to the U.S.A for a visit.

By Hal on Friday, December 14, 2001 - 12:32 pm:

Right on !!!

Go get plowed.

By moonit on Friday, December 14, 2001 - 04:29 pm:

hehe you all rock.

I got my contract today and it looks allllrighty.

Good bonus scheme.

yeah. new year new career. heh.

By J on Monday, December 17, 2001 - 12:58 am:

It's time for some cowboy kicking Moonit ,yea ha.Rolling rolling ,keep those joints a'comming Rawhide!!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact