What are you wearing and what would you LIKE to be wearing...

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: What are you wearing and what would you LIKE to be wearing...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Wednesday, January 9, 2002 - 01:14 pm:

I couldnt find the older threads....

so im creating this one, with an added inquiry.

Im wearing a newly aquired pair of jeans. blue jeans. a rarity for me. in fact ive never really owned such a pair, plain jane ole blue jeans. they've never fit my flat ass very well but these seem to do ok. in fact i dig em a lot.

black tee shirt

crimson paisly-esq 60s Sears "Perma Press" button up shirt, unbuttoned.

ankle/biker boots

commando

navy socks

id LIKE to be wearing mrs waffles at the moment but that will probably change in a few.

By agatha on Wednesday, January 9, 2002 - 03:40 pm:

i have an interview today.

long black crinkly skirt.
    red lambswool sweater with bell sleeves.
    brown boots with heels that i only wear for interviews.

i need to find some long socks, so i don't have to wear tights.

By droopy on Wednesday, January 9, 2002 - 04:00 pm:

old jeans
    old shirt
    new socks
    new boxer/briefs
    no shoes
    brown greek fisherman's cap worn backwards so it looks like a beret and ww2 glider corp wings pinned to it
    a cat's-eye ring on my right hand which was my grandmother's engagement present to my grandfather in 1934

i have decided that i need a new carry-all pouch for my chair.

By Oswald Jr. on Wednesday, January 9, 2002 - 04:09 pm:

I have on black jeans and a red shirt and sneekers. I would like be weareing a pink mini skirt and silver glitter top and fish net hose and long black boots with high heels. And makeup like a silent film star. I would look kinda slutty but o so cool.

By The Watcher on Wednesday, January 9, 2002 - 04:12 pm:

Sounds like the Rocky Horror Picture Show to me.

"Let's do the time warp again."

By moonit on Wednesday, January 9, 2002 - 04:26 pm:

I am wearing jeans, a blue tee and a blue sweatshirt. its feckin raining and its sposed to be summer

By Spider on Wednesday, January 9, 2002 - 04:42 pm:

I am wearing green pants, a black shirt, a red zippered cardigan sweater, black socks, and black shoes.

I would like to be wearing my pajamas, which consist of light cotton pants and my pirate flag shirt that I got at the pirate museum in Provincetown, MA.

By Ophelia on Wednesday, January 9, 2002 - 04:55 pm:

overalls, flannel shirt, cowboy hat, red boots. Note: not my usual apparel. I am on the ski team at my school and we were dressing up as farmers / cowboys / ranchers for our race today. which got cancelled because of rain. however I will soon change into gray flannel pants and a sweatshirt.

By My Amazing Inner Ear on Wednesday, January 9, 2002 - 05:39 pm:

Wearing: Blue Jeans, sneakers, black sweatshirt with a defunct company's logo.

wish I was wearing: Brad Pitt.

By patrick on Wednesday, January 9, 2002 - 05:44 pm:

oh sure, agatha responds and its all of a sudden cool even though this thread had been sitting here waiting for hours.

mm hmm

i see how it is......

By Oswald Jr. on Wednesday, January 9, 2002 - 06:14 pm:

For male clothes I think I would like to be wearing a suit something real fancy not some cheap job from Walmart but like designer suit made with fabric that feels real nice. Silk tie. And Italian shoes and look posh like a gentelman for once in my life. And then I go out and people say God damn what a sharp looking guy. And then I go back home and put on my Walmart clothes again cause its all I got, Exceapt for my goth clothes. Those arent from Walmart.

By Hal on Wednesday, January 9, 2002 - 06:19 pm:

The normal, loose fit comfort clothing, enough that I don't look like a complete slacker, and enough that I don't look like some tight ass business type.

I'd rather be home wearing my comfy pants commando style (They are these like fully cotton, loose drawstring pants, the most comfortable lounge wear.) and a loose shirt. However I'm going home now so I can fix that.

As for what else I'd like to be wearing... My ex, but thats a story that has been told, and will not be told again.

By moonit on Wednesday, January 9, 2002 - 10:16 pm:

I'd like to be wearing (sorry I missed that bit before) um... er... this question isn't really relevant when you're on the third day of holiday is it?

By sarah on Thursday, January 10, 2002 - 01:58 am:

i am wearing canary yellow sleep gear - little shorts with matching tank top, both with girlie stitching trim.

i wish i was wearing my size six jeans.

i think it was 70 degrees here today, or thereabouts. this made me happy.

By Dr. Kellogg on Thursday, January 10, 2002 - 04:23 am:

I'm wearing a maroon smoking jacket, and a red fez, with a black tassel. I'm also wearing a smile, because I just found a recording of Fred Waring and his Pennsylvanians performing "lets have another cup of coffee". It is late, and the Michigan winter is cold. I cannot think of anything that I would wish to wear, other than the peace of sleep. tomorrow, I will change the world. Again.

By patrick on Thursday, January 10, 2002 - 11:35 am:

Im wearing this 60s orange and white vintage shirt. It has interlocked 1/2" circles, alternating in the colors as a pattern. Its slightly garrish, but still very cool. Its of the Sears "Kings Road" collection. HA! Sears made some hip shit in the 60s and 70s.

white tee shirt

Black thriftstore slacks, gray socks, low cut shit kickers.

Id like to be wearing my black calvin tee shirt and back in bed with the mrs. watching the sunrise through my bedroom.

By droopy on Thursday, January 10, 2002 - 11:38 am:

remember, dr. kellog: you can't change the world until after you have your enema.

my wardrobe hasn't changed much since yesterday, except now i'm wearing a ratty, baggy old sweatshirt with "rhode island" written across the chest in a low arc. the ends of the sleeves became so stretched out from years of being rolled up that they lost the ability to stay up around my elbow. the sleeves were too long, so i cut the ends off with scissors so they'd stop at my wrist. now they just sort hang there like sleeves on a wizard's robe.

i'd like to be wearing a blues t-shirt. i found a place that sells them online. i'm going to start with the texas dudes: blind lemon jefferson, lightnin' hopkins, and t-bone walker. from their i'll play it by ear.

By Platypus on Thursday, January 10, 2002 - 01:22 pm:

Today I'm wearing blue jeans tied up with a scarf because I don't have any belts, and I thought they would shrink more after I washed them, like jeans are supposed to do. They're my only pair, I've never been a huge jeans person, but I thought I should branch out, and now look at me. And I'm wearing a black long sleeved baseball shirt thing, whatever you call them, it's black and long sleeved and has heavy gauge cotton, and I'm also wearing a green marled sweater which sort of looks like camoflage and sort of doesn't.

I'd like to be wearing...oh, fuckit.

By Spider on Thursday, January 10, 2002 - 01:41 pm:

I'm wearing a thin wool navy blue man's sweater, a maroon-ish kinda shiny skirt, blue tights, and blue shoes. I'm also wearing a smile.

By Nelly on Thursday, January 10, 2002 - 09:41 pm:

olive green corduroy pants, olive green knit shirt, charcoal grey knit jacket, and over it all, the parka with big pockets that I've been living in the last 4 days, covered with dust, and bad hair.

By agatha on Friday, January 11, 2002 - 02:28 am:

nelly! fabble me!

By JusMiceElf on Friday, January 11, 2002 - 08:56 am:

blue capilene long johns with a slight dog hair accent and a black strangers in paradise tee shirt. them's my jammies. rather be wearing? my new black with a little tan turtleneck sweater. or my dad's beret, which I lost. grrr. if anyone finds it, please send it back to me.

By patrick on Friday, January 11, 2002 - 11:39 am:

grey cords.

a blue button up shirt with white polka dotted like pattern. thriftstore. its actually a ladies shirt, which i found out after i bought it due to the weird button arrangement.

a red cardigan that belonged to my grandfather, buttoned in the middle in a kurt cobain fashion

black biker boots

id like to be wearing a tee shirt and this cardigan still snuggled in my bed with all my "pussies"...........this morning was so hard to leave. i forgot to turn the heat on overnight, so it was chilly. both the kitties were on the bed, one under the covers, another on top, the mrs hitched to my back like a barnacle. the orange early morning sun blazzing in between the blinds. it was like we were in some embryonic fire.

thats life. those are the days worth calling in sick

By Platypus on Friday, January 11, 2002 - 01:19 pm:

Today...purple cords and a "Google" shirt. I'm about to go grout a shower.

I'd rather be wearing my black/purple silk polka dot skirt and the wierd black halter top thing I got last weekend. Considering its sunny for the first time in what feels like years, I should probably be wearing that and saying "fuck the shower, I'll do it tommorrow."

By patrick on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 11:38 am:

brown slacks. white tee shirt. generic sneakers. mustard vintage cardigan.

id like to be wearing clothes that made me feel i had a semi interesting body. but its gloomy out this morning....so im gloomy as well.

By Platypus on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 12:30 pm:

Grout, again.

I'd like to be wearing something fun and imaginative which is probably too expensive for my closet.

By Pilate on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 12:31 pm:

I'm wearing a suit and tie. What would I like to be wearing?

Anything but this.

By droopy on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 12:36 pm:

"fun and imaginative" and "expensive" are opposites.

By Spider on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 12:39 pm:

I'm wearing my coat because it's cold in here, a navy blue/red sweater that I got at Laura Ashley of all places (let that put the final nail in the "Spider is Goth" coffin), a navy blue long-sleeved shirt, a navy blue twirly skirt, navy tights, and navy shoes. I'm also wearing little earrings that look like faucet handles. They're neat.

I'd rather be wearing my pajamas and bath robe.

By patrick on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 12:41 pm:

you sound so damn conservative spider.

By semillama on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 12:55 pm:

I would like to be wearing natty jeans, tennis
    shoes and an old t shirt, but I am wearing
    work clothes, which are my Dr. School's
    "brown" shoes, olive grey khakis and a cream
    colored short sleeve button up shirt.

Ok it's not that bad but I still had to match
    colors, which is one step too many in my
    book.

By Spider on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 01:25 pm:

Eh, I don't care enough to dress creatively anymore. The corporate life is wearing me down.

By heather on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 03:09 pm:

'the' shoes as mentioned on wayd

boy pants

fuzzy-spider-web-print shirt [fuzzy print, not fuzzy shirt, sadly] from the store i said i would never go into again. i am so weak.

By sarah on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 04:08 pm:

why did you say you would never go into that store? which store?

By Ophelia on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 05:32 pm:

dark blue mens jeans, too-tight red shirt, grey wool socks, blue cotton undies and white sports bra. I'm pretty comfy, but I need to put on a sweater. My sweater is in the kitchen, and it is black and white wool. I got it for Christmas from my awesome aunt. Very warm and cozy.

By Ophelia on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 05:33 pm:

umm, now i'm wearing the sweater and i'm nice and warm.

By heather on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 06:11 pm:

if i said the name of the store you might guess why

but i won't say it

please don't be offended

By Platypus on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 09:14 pm:

Now you have me curious.

And I changed, so I'm wearing black silk pants (i.e. my pajamas) and a tank top.

By Daniel ssss on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 12:25 am:

White sweatshirt emblazoned with SLCCS/MOVALADP, old jeans, washed and faded, dirty white New Balance 11.5D's and smartwool lite tan over the calfs, xxx and xxxl whitey tidey Hanes under it all, oh and a maroon short sleeved sheet with "Where's the Kibbles?" logo... typical...

if it ain't cotton or ain't dem worsted wool Evon Picones....I dun't wear em.

By patrick on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 11:16 am:

jeans, black tee, generic tennis shoes, a white-pink patterned button up "Sears Men's Store" vintage shirt.

id like to be wearing love.

By Dougie on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 11:22 am:

My new blackish/blue suit from Men's Wearhouse, silver & blue tie, black shoes, black socks, long black trenchcoat. Meeting with a new headhunter today. Must get new job.

By Dougie on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 11:23 am:

As for what I'd like to be wearing, my ratty old "You Killed Kenny" t-shirt, my ratty old jeans, and my ratty old Adidas.

By Platypus on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 02:14 pm:

A black, brownish, and cream coloured striped skirt (on the diagonal), and a black long sleeved shirt. Clod hoppers.

I'm pretty happy with what I'm wearing right now, actually.

By sarah on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 02:59 pm:

oh, the one in Royal Oak?

By heather on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 03:32 pm:

nope

i love royal oak

By sarah on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 02:54 pm:

is it Mitzelfeld's?

haha just kidding.

By sarah on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 02:57 pm:

btw, did you read The Virgin Suicides? it takes place in Wayne country. lots of michigan references. in fact, i think it may even be in Grosse Pointe or between Grosse Pointe and St. Claire, though the author never says exactly.

you should read it, so should sem. other than the morbidity of the subject matter, it's rather funny.

is it true they made a movie out of the book?

By patrick on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 03:19 pm:

yes and Sophia Coppola directed it, her debut I believe.

By semillama on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 03:44 pm:

Apparently Sophia Coppola and her dad had a
    cameo in Star Wars Episode I.

So did E. T.

This next one will have N'Sync as Jedis.

What's next, editing out Carrie Fisher and
    sticking in Britney Spears?

By Nate on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 04:06 pm:

n'sync were dropped due to heavy duty public disgust.

sorry sem.

sophia coppola's virgin suicides is a great movie.

really great.

By Dougie on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 06:17 pm:

Haven't seen it. It's on my list. So is "The Dish". Any downunders seen it yet? Saw Lord of the Rings this weekend. Nice movie, but wasn't anything how my mind's eye pictured it when I read the books way back when. Also, fucking teens running around talking and trying to get laid during the movie, and the ubiquitous cellphones ringing didn't help.

By Poner on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 08:08 pm:

what?

By pez on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 10:00 pm:

virgin suicides movie isn't bad.

"and to prove his love for her, he jumped off
    the roof."
    and shows a clip "i love her" jumping into a
    bush and walking away. parfait.

By Nate on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 11:36 pm:

hey pez i heard this bit on npr about how knitting is now hip and thought of you.

By pez on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 11:52 pm:

and now i'm here. you're psychic, you know
    that?

By pez on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 11:57 pm:

black hand knit scarf, ribbed.
    denim jacket.
    red hooded zip-front sweater, with various
    buttons.
    disco fever long sleeve tee, black.
    levis 555s, indigo.
    black low top converse with blue sparkly
    laces.
    black and white rose and net print tank top
    with matching thong.

By Nate on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 12:00 am:

i was beginning to wonder.

listening to the story on NPR about the fad you started made me think that you're probably on to something less, you know... played out.

you've hung up your needles and canceled your weekly stitch and bitch, and moved on to I DON'T KNOW?

that's the problem. i don't have your insight. psychic, maybe, but not into the realms of fashionability.

i bet you don't even try. i bet you're one of those people who just does things because you're living along and then everyone else sees what you're doing and starts to copy you.

yesterday, i saw this patch of black ice and thought i'd find out what would happen if accelerated over it. hey! we don't get much black ice down here. of course, my rear tires swung one way and i went sideways into on coming traffic! regained control, though! you might say I SAW IT COMING.

but that is events. things that happen to me. danger. i can't pick out the fads.

By heather on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 12:26 am:

knitting's been hip fer over a year there, spunky

and it's grammas what is the trend-setters, like see

By cyst on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 01:19 am:

I like knitting and the virgin suicides.

By agatha on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 02:25 am:

cleo's way into knitting right now. my daughter must be hip.

By droopy on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 12:37 pm:

got a late christmas present from a great-aunt last night. a t-shirt with a large american flag across the chest and "polo jeans, inc ralph lauren" written underneath.

anybody want a free shirt?

By patrick on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 01:36 pm:

im missing a "anchor" button on my danish pea coat. FUCK!!!

shit droop can you imagine anyone here REALLY wearing such a thing?

i heard that NPR bit.

the thought of nate wanking feverishly polluted my head. then i made a salad.

By sarah on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 01:51 pm:

for my birthday my friend angela* knitted or crochet'd for me the most gorgeous scarf, made out of chenille spun yarn or something.

*every* time i wear it, someone comes up to me and comments on how gorgeous it is and where did i get it. total strangers approach me in grocery stores and movie theaters.

i swear that only happens with hand-crafted items made with love.

same thing happens whenever i wear this necklace given to me by my friend jennifer** who made it from awkwardly-cut purple and blue and silver stones. every time someone will comment on it or ask me about it.

my gram taught me how to knit when i was 8 or 9, but i haven't thought of trying it again, but it might be fun. the problem is that it requires sitting.

By Platypus on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 03:29 pm:

I recently decided I wanted to know how to knit, so I taught myself. To my shock, everyone else started copying me. It was odd. But ok. I like knitting. And the virgin sucicides.

Oh--overalls that are too big for me, a grey heather long sleeved shirt thing, and orange sandals with little frngy stuff on them.

By Ophelia on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 05:54 pm:

jeans, sweatswirt. pretty spiffy.

By Tom on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 06:15 pm:

Green cords. I wish I was wearing: something that motivated me enough to leave the house.

By TBone on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 11:48 pm:

Defcon hoodie.
    Olive cargo pants.
    Green hair.
    Headache.
    Grimace.

I'd like to be wearing a lighbulb on my head. Well, floating above it and turned on.

By Nate on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 12:59 am:

that would suck if you were a delta force commando.

but it might be good if you stood on the tongue of a giant nocturnal predator. something that eats things that have mating mechanisms that trigger things that look like people with lightbulbs floating above their heads. turned on.

good for the giant nocturnal predator, anyway.

you need to come up with a way to benefit from living in the mouth of a giant nocturnal predator. symbiosis. perhaps you could find a giant nocturnal predator who had a couch like protrusion extending from the inside of its jaw, very comfortable, with glands that produce caffinated beverages, hamburgers, pizza, sushi, porterhouse steaks perfectly panfried so as to be cool and bloody in the middle, whiskey, beer-- plus, in the back of its throat, a giant widescreen tv controled by a wireless keyboard and pointing device and fed by a megabandwidth connection to multiple networks including those that provide endless highquality pornography, american football, nature shows and indie films.

occasionally you'd be required to turn on your "head light" and stand at the tip of this creature's tongue. probably as it flitted above the countryside on leathery wings in search of this, prey--

whatever it would be, that which is attracted to you and your floating lightbulb.

of course, upon the ground you would find me. me, naked body painted with feces and blood. gripping my spear and leading my army of spear wielding monkey soldiers. not like no planet of the apes monkey soldiers, either, but giant white monkeys! white monkeys painted with their own designs in shit and blood and cum.

and the spears, no ordinairy spears, no! but spears secretly blessed by great monkey priests! spears with magical qualites and singular purpose! our great nocturnal hunt to bring down this... beast!

this flying, sucking, tbone inhabited BEAST!

you are the fucking enemy, man. you and your fucking floating lightbulb kind!

By TBone on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 01:12 am:

It's very important to have a niche. Enemy or no, we of the Floating Lightbulb species would long ago have been extict if not for the comfortable living arrangements and low rent of beast mouths.

Of course you damn dirty monkeys have to go slather yourselves up in your own wastes and juices and kill our homes... leaving us homeless... shattered dreams and shattered bulbs...

Shivering and gasping in the cold, dark world of substandard steak, weak coffee, and shitty bandwidth...

By Nate on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 01:20 am:

Reward Program Details

Safe and Secure: Your transaction is safely encrypted by the latest, most advanced SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology.
    100% satisfaction is guaranteed. · Merchandise and Software: If you're not 100% satisfied with your software or merchandise selections simply mail them back within 30 days of receipt for a replacement or full refund.
    ·Magazines: You must be delighted with your selection(s) or you may cancel at any time by contacting customer service via e-mail or by calling toll-free. There is no obligation to continue and you will always receive your free term of issues.
    Magazine Offer Details: Upon receipt of your selections, we’ll process your selections and you’ll receive the first year complimentary. A one-time nonrefundable $2 processing and handling fee per selection will be added to your order. During your first year and annually thereafter, you'll receive a reminder notice and your account will be charged the rate on the notice for the next year of issues. There is no obligation to continue. Publishers ask that you allow four to six weeks for weeklies and up to four weeks longer for monthlies for subscriptions to start. (Bimonthly magazines may take longer.) Regardless of when you start receiving your magazines, you will always receive 12 months of complimentary issues. If you cancel any time after your first year, you’ll receive a refund for unserved issues. A valid credit card is required for this offer.
    Minimum Software System Requirements:
    System Requirements: PC with 486sx66MHz or better processor.
    12MB of RAM. 4X- CD-ROM drive. VGA+640x480 monitor displaying 256 colors. MS-DOS 5.0 or later. Microsoft Windows 3.1 or later. Stereo headphones or speakers. Mouse or compatible pointing device. 8-bit sound card (100% soundblaster compatible) VGA video card recommended. Minimum5MB of free hard disk space required.
    Macintosh: System 7.0+ 68LC040 25MHz. 2X CD drive 8MB RAM 640x480 video monitor 8MB hard drive space, speakers.
    OFFER INFORMATION: RedeemMyGifts.com, Five High Ridge Park, Stamford, CT 06905, is the vendor and customer care provider for this Program. Spectra Products is the sponsor of this offer. Both reserve the right to limit quantities. Partners reserve the right to cancel, modify, restrict or terminate the Program or any aspects or features of the Program. This Program is monitored periodically. Any abuse of the Program, failure to follow Program terms or any misrepresentation will make the customer ineligible to receive welcome gifts.

By dave. on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 02:36 am:

fag

By Antigone on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 02:38 am:

nipple

By patrick on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 11:01 am:

hey nate you fucker....does your hotmail work or not? that wife of mine you dreamed of sleeping with has been trying to reach you for nearly 2 months.

By J on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 11:06 am:

The above post is one of those things that make you go Hmmmmm?

By Hal on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 11:41 am:

No its just the best way to get nate's attention amidst the muddle.

He sees, woman you wanted to sleep with and it gives him enough reason to actually read the post...

Not quite sure about the Monkey Spear soldiers drapped in their own feces and man sauce, I figured it would be something more like Automatic Rifle Monkeys, who hunt the light bulb breed of people because well its the cheapest source of high quality lightbulbs.
    I just don't see White-shitcovered-spear monkeys needing a lightbulb very bad.

By patrick on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 11:44 am:

what are you guys talking about?

crackpots.

nate said in a post last week he had a dream he slept with my wife.

By J on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 11:50 am:

So why has she been trying to get ahold of him for 2 months?

By patrick on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 11:52 am:

not for any scandelous reasons you're speculating on.

By J on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 12:06 pm:

Darn.

By pez on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 12:39 pm:

i still knit. i have two scarves and a hat that i've knitted. and a hot pad, but i con't find it (it's in the kitchen somewhere, which is a mess. nobody's washed dishes the last few days, and now it's my day so they'll get clean). i'm working on another scarf now.

i went to the bike club with cassandra, joe and joel on wednesday. c and i are fixing up and old blue girly schwinn for me to ride. i need to get some steel wool tonight to scrub at the rear wheel which is covered with rust. i walked over to the ccc with the wheel looking for a tube... they didn't have any 26" tubes so they gave me a rimliner for free. and plugged that they needed volunteers of any bicycle knowledge. they'd train. on my way back i found a GAP scarf in the street. just needs a good washing and then it'll be wearable. no holes.

i found out last night that i'll need to wear a uniform to work come march. bad sign. i'm gonna start job hunting a week from monday.

i'd start looking next week, but i have so much to do. my cousin broke up with her fiance and bought a house, so there's a housewarming on sunday, tuesday i've got radical art girls, wednesday i have a pdx zine symposium meeting, thursday is my birthday (happy 20 to me) and so i'm going to have friends over for a cake making party, saturday i've supposedly got practice for the soul band but i think i'm going to bow out of that particular band. i haven't met anyone yet but i'd be real nervous being the only girl, youngest by at least eight years, and the guy i've talked to is a "professional singer" and sounds a bit like a jerk-off. bah.

my dad's old eddie bauer sweatshirt that i snagged when i was fourteen (navy blue), grey dance pants, pink tank top, white underwire and bikini. and gigantic powder blue slippers that ollie the puppy enjoys stealing.

i wish i were wearing neato socks but all mine are in the dirty laundry. i should start a load.

By patrick on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 02:32 pm:

thanks nate

By patrick on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 02:32 pm:

because i had problems with hotmail...not receiving nico's emails, i was curious if perhaps you were having the same problem.

By Platypus on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 02:54 pm:

Lots of fish that live way deep down have bioluminescent lures to temp prey. They're pretty neat. In one species, the male is really tiny and the female is really huge, and when they mate, they get permanently stuck together, so they call the male an animated gonad. I thought that was excellent.

Today I'm wearing purple pants and a grey shirt type thing.

By droopy on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 03:14 pm:

suddenly i am reminded of this little "animals of the world" book i had as a kid. one of the pictures was of the angler fish. it was a deep sea fish and the female was a huge, mean-looking thing with sort of a street lamp on its forehead - a rod that went straight up and then toward the top drooped back down and had a light on the end. the male looked like a guppy next to her. they made no mention of animated gonads.

i am wearing clothes. they are the clothes i wanted to wear.

By Nate on Saturday, January 19, 2002 - 02:27 am:

in one species of large cat, the male lays around and naps and while his harem of females brings him food and fucks him. they call him the king.

i thought this was excellent.

By heather on Saturday, January 19, 2002 - 10:48 am:

didya

By Spider on Saturday, January 19, 2002 - 10:57 am:

I am wearing a thin dark grey lambswool sweater, a black wool pleated skirt, black tights, black shoes, my faucet earrings, and a ring that says "VIRTUTEM FORMA DECORAT" on my right hand.

By Platypus on Saturday, January 19, 2002 - 10:16 pm:

Jeans that are too big for me, an antique scarf to keep said jeans from falling down, the heathered grey shirt thing again, a green marled sweater, hairtyes, orange shoes that just ate my feet.

All species of cat have barbed penes. Furthermore, dolphins have prehensile penes. Now THAT's neat.

By moonit on Sunday, January 20, 2002 - 12:40 am:

Ripped jeans, black shirt, paua ring.

I can't find my cat.

By semillama on Sunday, January 20, 2002 - 04:53 am:

I am wearing black slacks, grey socks and a
    very dark green shirt. I just got back from a
    date.

On the subject of penii, the friend of the girl I
    was out with (doubledate I think) was talking
    about the movie Jeepers Creepers and said
    "That movie was so bad it grew me a dick so it
    could suck it."

By patrick on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 12:04 pm:

humility, shame, resentment, and an assload of anger.

By Ophelia on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 03:08 pm:

i'm sorry pat. hope it heals quickly.

gray flannel pants, red srtiped shirt, green sweatshirt, orange and blue fleece socks.

By Czarina on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 08:41 am:

I think there could be advantages to a prehensile penis.

By R.C. on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 12:27 am:

I am wearing a size 14 ass.

I'd like to be wearing a size 8 ass.
    Like Halle Berry's.

But then again/my boobs are pretty fabulous. And I prolly wdn't have 36C boobs w/a size 8 ass.

(Thanx again for the Calendar, Czarina.)

By Czarina on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 09:30 am:

Glad it got there,Rc.

Tee shirt, old Levi's and some very scary hair.

By pez on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 02:14 pm:

tee
    levi's
    clogs
    a cold
    birthday frown

i'd rather be wearing a smile from knowing people actually cared.

my birthday.

would it be best to:
    (a) bake a cake
    (b) go to a videogame arcade
    (c) forget that i actually have a birthday

right now (c) feels like the best option.

By redipS on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 02:19 pm:

!zeP ssiM, yadhtriB yppaH

By patrick on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 02:28 pm:

a&b pezzy.

today im wearing jeans, biker boots, a white tee underneath a brown long sleeve sweater. its chilly hear man and the wind is brutal.

id like to be wearing my leopard print sheets, comforter and that pink chicken i married.

By Oswald Jr. on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 02:37 pm:

Happy bday Pez!! I am wearing all black today I look all goth and badass. And I got in one silver ear ring and a necklase with a pentrgram. But I would rather be wearing nothing at all its a good day to get naked and stay that way. If only my boy friend was here to get that way with me. But then the folks would not let that hapen so oh well what the hell I can day dream.

By The Watcher on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 04:55 pm:

Happy Birthday Pez.

By pez on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 05:22 pm:

merci beaucoup!

i walked down to scrap (about a mile and a quarter walk and got a big box filled with fabric, foam, oatmeal containers and books for $1.50, which was the exact amout of change i had in my pocket. i was wished a scrappy birthday before i walked home.

it is still raining but i feel alot bettr now that i've had a decent walk.

for my walk, i wore (outside to inside):
    black hand-knit scarf
    flute in sling case]
    messenger bag
    denim jacket
    red hooded sweater with 14 buttons
    low top black converse with blue sparkle laces
    levi's
    rock star long sleeve tee
    bluebird and palmtree socks
    etc.

maybe i'll go get some food. i haven't eaten yet.

or....?

thanks for the birthday wishes.

By semillama on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 08:34 pm:

Happy Birthday Pez!

Do all of the above.

Scrap is cool, Mavis used to work there.

eat some beans!

Play a lot of pinball!

By Platypus on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 11:29 pm:

Happy birthday! I love scrap.

overalls, a black long sleeved shirt, no shoes, because they broke outside the post office today, and a big grey sweater with dark grey stuff on the edges.

By R.C. on Friday, January 25, 2002 - 12:03 am:

Pez -- Happy Birthday! How old are ya?

By Czarina on Friday, January 25, 2002 - 12:06 am:

Happy Birthday Pezster!!!!!!!

Down to just Tee shirt and panties.

By patrick on Friday, January 25, 2002 - 11:52 am:

thats a rockin combo czarina.

in fact, im shooting slides this weekend for a special valentines day panty and tee set nico designed with this local artist/painter guy. basically his innuendo artwork on the crotch and chest. This guy has connections and the Hustler store has already ordered a shitload. Slutty.

Im wearing navy levis, white tee, sears "mensstore" shortsleeve vintage button up with peach and white pattern, navy socks, low cut shitkickers.

By The Watcher on Friday, January 25, 2002 - 07:18 pm:

An Anisthesia/Pain Killer High. And, my flannel PJs.

Lost my Gallbladder today.

I home and sleeping in.

Since I am more free to express my self. Being home and all that.

FUCK!!!

God that felt good.

Good night to all you in Sorabjiland.

By Christopher on Friday, January 25, 2002 - 08:12 pm:

Hope you feel better soon. I know what you're going through...My honey is totally crashed out on pain meds right now. Post surgery is a real drag.

By pez on Saturday, January 26, 2002 - 06:37 pm:

i am 20 now. you can't call me a teenager anymore.

(teeheehee)

last night i wore a gorilla suit over my leotard and jeans and hung out in a bar with a bunch of clowns. no joke.

i walked over four miles on thursday, exploring north pdx by myself. i came home and read for a long time (found some good books at the library over by jefferson high) and my roomies tried to surprise me with a cake. joe told me though so i had to pretend like they were cooking oatmeal. it was very good and i had another slice in the morning before going to work.

it was snowing earlier this afternoon and it's supposed to snow again tonight. i hope it'll wait 'til the wee hours because i have a rag meeting in se and then there's an all-night dance party at gracies.

ise busy.

By The Watcher on Tuesday, January 29, 2002 - 08:37 am:

I'm still fuzzy around the edges.

But, now I'm back at work.

A more apt description would be my physical body is at work. The rest of me is somewhere else.

I'll probably fall asleep staring at this screen.

At least I'm not having any pain.

By kazu on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 03:53 pm:

GAP capri stretch jeans, the kind what roll up
    hot pink/black ringer shirt with Super Grover on it
    lavender bra
    red/orange/pink/lavender/turquoise panties (can I just say for a moment how excited I am about the Victoria's Secret PINK line, not becuase they are pretty, but because they have the THIN elastic band on the waist)
    socks with monkeys and bananas on them
    Fossil watch with Blue face
    silver rings on both hands

the only thing that i'd rather be wearing is a fanny pack filled with 50 dollar bills.

Speaking of VS, I just got the catalog and there is a picture of Tyra Banks (it is her right?) Anyway, the bra she is wearing is holding her breasts in such a way that her cleavage looks like its about 1/2" across and 1.5" down and casts a shadow so dark, you can't see her sternum area so it just looks like a deep hole going into her chest. It's freaky.

By Spider on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 04:55 pm:

I'm wearing:

glasses

white wife-beater

mint green long-sleeved v-neck cotton shirt

grey sweatshirt zip hoodie

cotton pajama bottoms with rubber ducks and soap bubbles on them

navy blue VS bra

pink Nordstrom knickers

white cotton socks with periwinkle bobbles on the heel

....in other words, my pajamas. I haven't gotten dressed today. Ah, unemployment.

By dave. on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 05:13 pm:

spider, do you in any way look like a cross between meg tilly, jenna elfman, and kristin kreuk? mostly in the eyes, kinda puffy-lidded, not-enough-sleep looking?

i had a big, epic dream last night. you were in it. there was a skating rink, i got kicked out for breaking the rules. you were still inside and it caused me a lot of anxiety. that's about all i remember.

By Spider on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 05:18 pm:

Hehe, I wish. Right now I'm sporting the puffy, too-much-sleep look.

Why were you worried? Was I going to get my ass kicked on the rink?

By dave. on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 05:56 pm:

i meant too-much-sleep. actually, i couldn't think of her name before but you were renee zellweger with super curly, dirty blonde hair pulled back in a tight pony tail or a bun. you were really cute. i like the puffy eyelid look. like portia di rossi -- zowee!

i was supposed to get you to some place and i was worried that i couldn't and you'd be disappointed.

By patrick on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 06:17 pm:

havent we all had the spider dream?

oh my god, i just remember my infamous spider kissing dream.

nico says zellwegger looks like a tard with the puffy cheeks. i think shes a super cutie too.

By kazu on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 01:52 pm:

I didn't like my spider dream, she had died and posted from heaven.

Also in the VS catalogue, pink camoflage skirt. I don't like fatigues much anyway, but the kind you get from the Army/Navy surplus stores are fine, but all this pink shit...unless we're planning to invade Candyland, what's the point?

By TBone on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 03:08 pm:

Cargo Pants with 12 pockets
    Black DefCon tshirt
    Gray Jersey boxers
    A large quantity of cat hair. (took Blur to the vet today. Eye infection.)

I'd like to be wearing some softer, warmer clothes.

By TBone on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 03:11 pm:

Oh, and I know I often dream about you folks, but I can rarely remember the dreams. But I wake up thinking about you guys. Occasionally I flash back to memories of things you've said, only to realize it must be from a dream because I remember you saying them instead of reading them on the boards.

By Spider on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 04:34 pm:

I've dreamt about posting on the boards before. That's pathetic.

I'm wearing:

*the same socks (sssshhh)

*purple corduroy pants

*black T-shirt with a logo that's hard to explain -- imagine the Monopoly man (see)...the little men are in that style. We've got a little man throwing money in the air, a little worried cowboy man, a little man crying in a classroom, and a little man at his office desk talking on the phone. On the back it says, "PRINT: america's graphic design magazine"

*a foul odor -- I mowed my lawn this morning, and I still haven't taken a shower. Hee!

By kazu on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 04:46 pm:

If you smell like freshly cut grass...that's sexy. I want to smell like lavender.

I'm wearing cargo-esq pants with a few pockets and many zippers most of which I ignore. It also has a strange, but not too tacky subtle flower pattern on the left leg.

a grayish green shirt that's about 10 years old

blue-yellow-purple-turquoise panties

black VS bra

watch and rings from yesterday

Sem's playing video games. I had him bring the X-Box so he could entertain himself while I do work.

He's wearing a green teeshirt from some kind of anthro conference

blue jeans

white socks that are wearing out in the toes

green-grey-blue striped boxer briefs that I bought him from the GAP

We're going on a picnic soon. First, I go buy myself a new bag-purse thing. My messenger bag is too bulky and my little purse is too small for a novel and a journal.

By Spider on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 05:29 pm:

I'm clean!

I'm now wearing:

*vivid purplish-blue t-shirt with "Peace" written on it in Arabic, Hebrew, and English

*grey hoodie

*jeans

*skin-colored bra

*black knickers

*socks that match my t-shirt exactly and have orange/white cats' heads on them and heel bobbles in orange fluff with google eyes (from Target -- you get the best socks there)

*a pleasant odor, courtesy of my L'Occitane honey shampoo/shower soap.

By moonit on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 02:57 am:

Andrew had a birthday party last night. I'm feeling pretty shit, so I'm wearing his blue, yellow, green and orange toe socks he got for a present, jeans that are far too big, an light brown top with a blue cardi. It's fucking cold.

By Jack on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 11:48 am:

I wear girls panties

By jack on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 12:07 pm:

oh, look! v.v. is trying to insult me with his lame fantasies again.

By V.v. on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 04:29 pm:

Jack,admit it,you want my ass...and you cant have it.Dream on,prick.........hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....

By V.v. on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 04:39 pm:

...and i still think my comment was real cute,da,tvarich?

By V.v. on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 04:48 pm:

..an dont you just love ex commie rich Eastern Europian bastards like me?...i think you do,but just keep well away from my ass.

By V.v. on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 05:43 pm:

...and i still think you wear girls panties.

By eri on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 06:03 pm:

We just got back from Beltane festival. I am now wearing clothes and it feels a bit weird. I haven't worn a bra since Thursday.

By jack on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 06:41 pm:

v.v., your fantasies are, as usual, pathetic.

how sad it must be to have to imagine that imaginary homosexuals on the internet desire you to compensate for the obvious reality of your life.

and how sad it must be to be a middle-aged adult stuck with a preadolescent level of repartee.

By heather on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 10:31 pm:

no one is *that* gay.

By Kebron on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 12:14 am:

I went with Eri and Spunky to Beltane. She wore no bra all of the time and was topless for half of the time. The showers are unisex for most of the day except for 10am-11am and 5pm-6pm when they are segregated male on one side and female on the other The three of us went to the showers together which is a great personal growth for her and for Spunky. She was fully undressed while in the shower house in front of me and other men and it did not feel weird to her or Spunky to be that way at that location. They had fun and loved it. Oh yeah and I lost my voice, which is why I am typing this and not saying it

K

By patrick on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 01:39 pm:

what the hell.

what is Beltane?

can't you see spunk uncovering the repressed nudist within and taking this, like his politics, to an extreme?

By Rowlfe on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 02:29 pm:

Beltane is a pagan festival

By kazu on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 02:46 pm:

I think it would be fantastic if spunkems became a nudist extremist.

By kazu on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 03:02 pm:

and started arguing political issues from that perspective.

By patrick on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 03:38 pm:

oddly enough it would fit nicely in his scheme of things as they exist now.

By eri on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 05:12 pm:

Spunk only got nekked in the showers, and I only got totally nekked in the showers, but dancing around a huge bonfire can get hot, so Friday night (OK and Saturday night too) I danced around the fire in nothing but my bikini bottoms.

We did have a blast this weekend. It was a lot of fun. A nice break from reality, and a very long party. Amazingly enough though, through all of that partying, I never got drunk. It was cool, but just not typically like me.

By V.v. on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 08:27 pm:

jack,i STILL say you wear girls panties,also you are still a mental dwarf(i like that term)...now jack,you go out there and HAVE A NICE DAY...

By V.v. on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 08:30 pm:

Kebron,how come you get all the luck?...right on bro.

By jack on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 11:30 pm:

v.v. (which clearly stands for "vodka-pickled voyeur"), your insults are trifling adolescent piffle, as usual.

but congratulating kebron for "all the luck" is boorish and rude. if you aren't yet completely reptilian, you may eventually realize that you should apologize.

save yourself the obvious effort that you put into recycling the weak attempts at insulting me and see if you can guess why and to whom. good luck.

by the way, have you still not acquainted yourself with either

a) strip clubs, which cater in part to those possessing your obvious social impediments, are plentiful in london, where you claim to live, and are easily affordable to "rich" guys, but serve those of all demographics

or

b) aol or msn chat, which support many playgrounds for debates on the level that you prefer and are also quite accessible to anyone?

also, if the discourse gets to be too much for you, stick to the watcher's personal complaint thread. i have the respect to leave that alone, and you should be able to keep up with everything that goes on there.

By V.v. on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 07:52 pm:

Well,that sounds good to me jack,if we look at this in a logical way,you and me both regard each other as the Anti Christ.So if i dont fuck up your threads,then you dont fuck up my threads,if thats o.k. by you,im all for it....Yet i think its a bit mean to restrict me to The Watchers threads,i may decide to rome around a bit,but i can promise not to tread on your toes,if you agree to this.

By V.v. on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 08:00 pm:

P.S.strip clubs i have been in many times (in London)and i am not on AOL.Best regards.

By jack on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 09:34 pm:

i don't have an antichrist. i don't have personal enemies. there's nothing logical about your statement, nor is there logic involved in having an antichrist.

nor do i have threads, so you can't "fuck up" "my threads." i just leave certain threads alone.

it's not my toes you step on and it's not me you offend most.

you're really not catching on.

By moonit on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 04:40 pm:

My god, he makes my brain hurt.

By Spider on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 04:49 pm:

Eh, his posts just go in...um...one eye and out the other.

By TBone on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 05:01 pm:

In one eye and out the back of my head.

By Antigone on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 05:48 pm:

Funny you should say that, TBone, as the part of the brain that processes visual input, the occipital lobe, is at the back of the brain.

Spunky getting nekkid at a pagan festival. Will wonders never cease?

I'll have to ask my friends J and J if they went to Beltane. It would be so freaky if you actaully met them!

By TBone on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 11:02 am:

I was thinking about the path a bullet would take, but that works too.

By eri on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 03:40 pm:

Antigone, are your friends J and J also referred to as J squared? Just curious.

By Antigone on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 04:00 pm:

Not as far as I know. e-mail me.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact