How open are you on Sorabji?

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: How open are you on Sorabji?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Javier Saviola on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 07:53 pm:

Do you find that you're more open here on Sorabji, compared to elsewhere in your life?

By eri on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 07:55 pm:

No.

By LoneStranger on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 08:44 pm:

Of course. It's the nature of the beast.

LS

By semillama on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 11:05 pm:

No, because in real life I have a sucking chest
    wound.

By heather on Sunday, March 3, 2002 - 01:50 am:

hell

uh

no

By wisper on Sunday, March 3, 2002 - 08:49 pm:

I'm closed for the weekend. Please call again.

By eri on Sunday, March 3, 2002 - 09:21 pm:

My brain is full. May I please be excused?

By Czarina on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 11:31 am:

You have to be one of the "chosen" to be allowed to be "open" here. All others must remained "closed", untill further notice. Please do not cross the police yellow tape.

By spunky on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 02:29 pm:

I AM SO CLOSED

By LoneStranger on Tuesday, March 5, 2002 - 06:13 pm:

CERRADO!

LS

By Hal on Wednesday, March 6, 2002 - 01:55 am:

Who came out of the closet while I was gone.

By Sorabji on Wednesday, March 6, 2002 - 06:51 am:

6:30 in the morning and i just ate dinner. lunch at 11:00pm. i don't know what i'm doing. listening to oscar levant play the grieg piano concerto. always amuses me that of all people glenn gould and edvard grieg were related. always amuses. this is my week of nothingness. no work, no productivity, no concentration. flush the poop chute of my brain to prepare for the tough times ahead. now i'm listening to valery afanassiev play the schubert D. 960 piano sonata. this, my friends, is a sensuous reading of what i generally find to be sing-song kind of music. the cars and noises are picking up outside. i'm taking the phone off the hook so the morning telemarketers do not wake me up like they did on monday. assholes. where did this whole 9-5 thing come from, anyway? people upstairs are flushing the toilet and running the water and slamming the toothbrush against the sink. i guess the sun is coming up. i don't know. i used to panic when the sun came up but lately it's just another hour of the day. now i'm listening to robert helps play roger sessions piano sonata #3. i'm writing a sarcastically vitriolic email to a friend, and hoping he gets a laugh out of it when he raises his sorry ass out of bed and drags his sorry fat fucking ass into the sorry fat fucking office. i need water.

By The Watcher on Thursday, March 7, 2002 - 06:08 pm:

Mark,

It sounds like you're getting board.

You definately need to take advantage of your current situation.

Since you live in New York you have lots you could be doing. Take in the museums, art galleries, and more that fill your chosen domain.

Enjoy!!!

By droopy on Thursday, March 7, 2002 - 06:13 pm:

getting board? is that anything like getting a woody?

By patrick on Thursday, March 7, 2002 - 06:25 pm:

ive got board right now.

By LoneStranger on Thursday, March 7, 2002 - 06:59 pm:

If I stay awake long enough, would I be able to catch the Morning Board fairy?

LS

By agatha on Thursday, March 7, 2002 - 09:41 pm:

mark doesn't get bored. don't worry about him.

By eri on Thursday, March 7, 2002 - 11:08 pm:

Why is it that men often want the morning board fairy? I sweat in my sleep and feel gross when I wake up. I want the nightlife board fairy!!!!

By patrick on Friday, March 8, 2002 - 12:59 pm:

its biological eri.

mens hormones are supposedly more enraged in the early a.m.

By Antigone on Friday, March 8, 2002 - 12:59 pm:

Hormone rush.

And, once your man stops wanting nookie in the morning, he's pretty much done for. Ancient Chinese proverb: The day a man wakes up without an erection is the day he dies.

By wisper on Friday, March 8, 2002 - 02:55 pm:

that must be soooo weird.

oh yeah: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!

By Dougie on Friday, March 8, 2002 - 03:00 pm:

I had a raging oak board this morning when I woke up. Couldn't use it though because I woke up late and had to rush to get ready.

By Gee on Friday, March 8, 2002 - 05:03 pm:

This is all so much more than I ever wanted to know. Can we stop now?

By droopy on Friday, March 8, 2002 - 05:17 pm:

you can't stop him.

baby's got board.

By Dougie on Friday, March 8, 2002 - 05:41 pm:

Sorry Gee.

Everybody stop talking about your morning woodies and resume talking about how cute Gee is.

By Gee on Friday, March 8, 2002 - 06:58 pm:

YES PLEASE.

I would like to take this opportunity to say how much I really Loved "Moulin Rouge", because it may not have been clear enough before.

I love it, I really do. I can't wait to own a copy of it. that's the kind of movie I could watch Every Day - which is my criteria (sp) for whether or not I want to own a movie (excluding comic book movies like "X-Men" which I own because I'm a geek).

can you believe how cute I am today?

By Antigone on Friday, March 8, 2002 - 06:59 pm:

Talking about how cute Gee is gives me a morning woody.

By Bob Dole on Friday, March 8, 2002 - 07:08 pm:

Hearing you talking about getting a morning woody then taking a little blue pill gives me a woody.

By semillama on Friday, March 8, 2002 - 09:02 pm:

Gee is so cute, she should be carried aroun
    in a giant kangaroo's pouch.

By Daniel ssss on Saturday, March 9, 2002 - 01:48 pm:

I've been thinking about bamboo flooring, better and softer than oak underfoot, like cork is, but resilient and responsive, and hard as nails when it comes to the pushing and shoving of large overstuffed furnishing across the floor.

I think Gee is cute, on Wednesdays even moreso.

And bamboo is much more renewable -- faster renewable -- because cutting the stalk off at the base (ouch, says the bamboo spirit), allows a spurt of growth on other runners, and many baby bamboo get the chance to peek out from under the covers. Once you slice off that oak, it's a long long time, and generally the tree does not regenerate itself like Bamboo does.

Bamboo makes ecological sense. Mark doesn't get bored; he's got us. But oak spirit good spirit.

By droopy on Saturday, March 9, 2002 - 02:18 pm:

i have an uncle who grows bamboo in his back yard - a patch of it over by the little shed where he makes the homemade wine and brandy that makes me physically ill after the 3rd glass. he makes fishin' poles out of 'em and probably other things. his next door neighbor has pet monkeys, and they are often found in the bamboo patch in the summertime.

bamboo is a type of grass - long, hard, erect grass. we almost named a band i was once in "bad bamboo": we knew a guy who had planted a species of bamboo in his yard and, as grasses do, it started sending runners all over his yard and the neighbor's, causing a bamboo infestation (if such a thing could be said to exist; maybe it was a triumph of bamboo).

wham, bamboo, thank-you ma'am.

gee is cute like a baby panda, which eats bamboo.

By Daniel ssss on Saturday, March 9, 2002 - 11:09 pm:

Bamboo spreads like jersalem artichokes. Need to entrench it with a piece of metal or concrete to keep it from spreading. I believe it is big and heavy and different type bamboo (may be older growth)used for flooring.

Do pandas really eat bamboo? shoot. The kind I can grow around here is a tough ornamental fifteen to twenty feet high. No pandas. No Gee.

By droopy on Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 02:18 am:

i saw a documentary on pandas, once. they eat almost nothing else but bamboo. even though they're related to the raccoon and should be just as omnivorous, for some reason they just eat bamboo. and since bamboo isn't particularly nutritious, they have to eat a lot of it. go figure.

By Daniel ssss on Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 11:36 am:

May be I can attract bears then. I never did especially care for "bamboo shoots" in asian foos, but I eat it, and I like it canned and uncooked by itself too. I have been thinking of establishing a small stand of it this summer.

Then again I have been thinking about putting up a greenhouse and commercially growing gormet lettuces for local restaurants, too.

I didn't know that about pandas. You're a wealth of information. Thanks.

By The Watcher on Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 07:26 pm:

I am sooooo dead then.

By wisper on Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 11:09 pm:

'panda' is my cutey nickname from the sig.
    He says i'm cute like one, and lazy as hell like
    them as well.

By wisper on Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 11:10 pm:

oh yeah, but Gee, Gee is cute too.
    Really cute. Super-duper cute.

By pez on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 03:42 pm:

um, hi.

pez has been closed for awhile.

By wisper on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 04:47 pm:

and pez, she seems pertty cute too.

how is ya?

By pez on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 05:53 pm:

not too bad. i have a new bike. but it's raining
    so i don't want to ride it, but i'm downtown and
    i need togo home sometime.

ah, dillemmas.

still have the same job, i've got a few more
    riends than i had before, and am phobic about
    the bus. how 'bout you, wis?

By Hal on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 08:28 am:

I still suck as usual...

oh and I've been pretty non posted for a while too...

To fuckin busy... That, and Pez calls me, and then I don't talk to her... need to call her back...

I still suck.

By pez on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 03:29 pm:

bah. whatever. it happens.

it happens.

By Gee on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 06:32 pm:

Panda's are aggressive and solitary. They don't like to mate and they often reject their spawn - which is why they're endangered.

and they're almost as cute as me.

By J on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 01:59 pm:

I got to see one in San Diego for all of a minute it seemed,they are cute,but definately not as cute as Gee.

By Czarina on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 03:52 pm:

I saw a baby panda attack one of the presidents wife's,while she was carrying the cute little thing off of a plane.[on a news broadcast]

It was REALLY funny.She had quite a look of shock on her face.

By eri on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 04:18 pm:

I saw that,too. One of the few memories I have of seeing pandas. I saw them at a zoo somewhere in the Los Angeles area once. Went to the Kansas City Zoo and saw nothing but chicken, cattle and a couple of camels.

By Gee on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 11:13 pm:

A cockroach has seven different penis' (penii?). Seven DIFFERENT. I wonder in what way they are different.

A cheetah can pee in any direction they like, including up.

Snails (all or some?) are hemaphrodites (sp) and sometimes, if you catch them in the peak of mating season, you can find a little row of them all having sex - each one giving to the one in front and getting from the one behind.

WILD DISCOVERY!

By Cat on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 11:16 pm:

Are cockroaches penii cute though?

By Daniel ssss on Saturday, March 30, 2002 - 12:01 am:

That changes the way I feel about escargot sauteed in garlic butter.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact