making a dollhouse

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: making a dollhouse
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By eri on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 01:16 pm:

I have been slowly (with the help of spunky) been building a dollhouse for the girls. I have it built, and the exterior is done. I am now faced with the challenge of the interior. I have been buying the furniture for each room (that you assemble yourself) which is a pain in the ass. But to assemble it yourself it is only $6 per room and you can make it look however you want, wheras to buy it premade, you have no choice in color or fabric and you pay $30 per room. So I have been painting and staining and polyurethaning furniture and I now have a thin coat of polyurethane all over my hands and don't know how to get it off!!! HELP!!!

By heather on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 01:24 pm:

it's already dry i take it?

just wait and it'll wear off

or the extra nasty style nail polish remover might work

By heather on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 01:35 pm:

actually i recommend using hospital style latex gloves when using any of that stuff

it's not good for you

[there's oil and water based poly with different clean up requirements, doesn't it say on the label?]

By eri on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 01:43 pm:

It says use mineral spirits for clean up, but I was just planning on throwing the brushes away when I was done, so we didn't get any. I think I will try the nail polish remover, I have some of that stuff, not good for the acrylic nails, but oh well. I will definately wear gloves for the next coat.

By dave. on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 05:41 pm:

battery acid might work. you might also try a hatchet or a garbage disposal.

By eri on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 06:05 pm:

hahahahaha

By semillama on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 09:04 pm:

If for some wild circumstance, I happen to be
    in the position of building a dollhouse, I will
    model it on the house from "Psycho."

The above can be taken in one of two ways:

A. I should never ever have children.

B. I will make the most kick-ass dad in the
    history of the universe.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact