where the hell is Droopy?

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: where the hell is Droopy?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Nate on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 12:30 pm:

goddamnit spider, what do you know?

where did droopy go?

it was obviously preplanned.

why?

By Spider on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 12:38 pm:

He said he had been feeling strange lately and had decided to cancel his internet service. He's also been having computer problems.

He'll be back, though, maybe in a few months. He promised.

By sarah on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 12:50 pm:

he told me the same thing. he'd grown tired of the internet, and some such. i begged him not to go, but that's droopy.

By semillama on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 01:08 pm:

some folks need time off.

not me though.

By wisper on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 07:55 pm:

until today, i hadn't checked my email for 2 weeks.

i feel liberated.

By Nate on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 08:38 pm:

aren't you sad about droopy, wisper?

YOU FUCKING TWAT SHED A TEAR FOR DROOPY.

By Nate on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 08:39 pm:

hm.

sorry.

By J on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 01:47 am:

I love Droopy,and he was going to be my lifeline for Who Wants to be a Millionare.Who else wants to kick my hairy balls?

By The Watcher on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 01:00 pm:

Actually Droopy has gone underground.

He's joind my new organization to over through the government from within.

Our plan is to make your federal government so efficient and effective that it will drive the old guard of civil servents crazy. Which in turn will cause more confusion amoung the elected elite. And, eventually bring about the down fall of all governments world wide.;)

Power and Freedom to the people!!!

By wisper on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 06:23 pm:

yep, i lit a candle for the dude last night.

not droopy!!! take me instead!!!

but seriously, i will miss him. I hope he comes back. I hate not knowing if people are okay or not. He's a wonderdude.
    This one's for you, droop.

By Czarina on Saturday, June 15, 2002 - 02:51 am:

I don't like the sounds of this.

Not at all.

No,not at all.

By Cat on Saturday, June 15, 2002 - 02:57 am:

Droopy's fine.

I talked to him today. He's at a party right now.

By Czarina on Saturday, June 15, 2002 - 03:29 am:

Thats why I love him!

Thanks Cat.

By droopy on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 02:24 am:

hi, kids.

By Jack on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 09:35 am:

Hey "The Watcher" based on June 13 2002, Are you sure that you can overthrow,not through those Government? I am sure that you couldn't do job with a shit lol.

By V on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 06:54 pm:

Look you idiots, by a joint effort, you blew "The Watcher" away months back,you turned on him,so he shut down,read your own postings.

By jinx on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 06:57 pm:

i can think of worse things

By V on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 07:18 pm:

...I cant...

By agatha on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 08:21 pm:

That's not Jack. Now that Droopy is back, let's start a "Where's Jack?" thread. I have had suspicions that Droopy= Jack, and Droopy's mysterious reappearance after Jack's mysterious disappearance only confirms my suspicions.

I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK, DROOPY! DON'T EVER LEAVE US AGAIN.

By droopy on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 09:06 pm:

i wasn't jack or anybody else. i have been 99.9% computer-free for the past 3 years. once i posted here from a coffee shop and once from a library, but that was it and always as droopy. i'm back now because somebody gave me an old computer. which doesn't seem to work too well.

By agatha on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 09:08 pm:

I believe you, but it's fun to think about. Maybe Dave will make you a computer if you don't leave us again. He seems to be able to whip stuff like that up. Maybe I'm overestimating his magical abilities, but I don't think so.

By moonit on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 03:41 am:

I missed Dr Oop.

By Cat on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 06:48 am:

I thought Jack was Mark, even after Mark told me that he was not Jack, until he (Jack) posted bout wearing Calvin Klein underwear.

By wisper on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 02:36 pm:

i always thought jack was nate's brother in law, or somehow related in real life to nate.
    i have lost the post that confirms this.

By semillama on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 03:06 pm:

I think that Jack is actually the boards themselves, incarnated as a sentient being.

Very glad to see you back droopy.

I have a post to put up about my friend in Iraq in a bit, so I am trying to post more myself (although a slow dial-up in a hotel room is usually what I am on these days, so sometimes i just don't bother getting on line - the office DSL, however...).

By patrick on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 06:32 pm:

jack is/was the void in all of us. droop has come back to fill the void.

we are droopy.

By Jack on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 07:56 pm:

By The Watcher on Monday, May 23, 2005 - 05:57 pm:

I have never been blown away by anyone's postings here.

I've just been doing other things.

And, I haven't felt very talkative.

I'm still very much my old miserable, depressed, yucky self. Falling apart gracelessly.

By V on Monday, May 23, 2005 - 07:15 pm:

The Watcher,post more (lots)...look,v has allways liked your postings...how come you feel old??? v is lots older than you,but inside im 20...I get huge amounts of shit,most days,it hits my real hard,so I smoke too much,and drink too much,the pressure in my life is awesome,somehow I enjoy it,to do things that people tell me cant be done,every day is a new war,v is not Superman,but I dont ever give up,not ever.....The Watcher,when v first came on Sorabji,you were the main man,you still are...Sir,gimmi some postings,you are not dead till your dead,RIGHT?

By V on Monday, May 23, 2005 - 07:35 pm:

....as allways,I pray your Wife gets a bit better.Also,speak with "Droopy": "Obscure Jazz,1890-1950:"Jelly roll" Morton.Droopy in my opinon is such a nice person.

By droopy on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 12:03 am:

you give me too much credit, v. i do remember you, watcher, and your wife. and i doubt you have much use for me. but my heart goes out to you.

By V on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 07:46 am:

droopy,dont you DARE stop posting,you are more needed than you think.,smart posters are rare in this place.

By V on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 05:05 pm:

...like I say,rare.

By The Watcher on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 05:20 pm:

Thanks v & droopy.

I find the others (those with opposing points of view) quite amusing.

I've come to the conclusion that the entire planet is full of **it. I include myself in that too.

You won't hear much from me as I am quite busy at the moment. But, I will drop in from time to time.

By V on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 03:46 pm:

The Watcher,you are not full of s**t,but the rest are,good luck to you.

By V on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 06:46 pm:

droopy,I think you have a clone.,or you had too much to drink (know the feeling)

By droopy on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 06:52 pm:

i've only started drinking. hungarian wine called "bulls blood" that i got from my laotian connection.

it's too wet and rainey to go out tonight.

or is it rainy? maybe i'm thinking of ma rainey's black bottom.

By V on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 11:00 am:

"Bulls blood" is well known in England,but human is better,,,,,,and I still think you have a troll/clone at 9 o,clock,its right behind you...droopy,I notice you have a cool,laid back way of posting.like a fingerprint,some of your postings are out of normal,just an observation,just thought you,d like to know.

By jack on Saturday, December 24, 2005 - 01:05 am:

what a weird thread.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact