"WHEN DOES KEN LAY GET ARRESTED?"

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: "WHEN DOES KEN LAY GET ARRESTED?"
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Michael on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 05:07 pm:

The Clinton Administration had its Web Hubbell. He wasn't even pardoned when Clinton left office.

Between Osama Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein and Ken Lay (Bush's absolute top #1 campaign contributor and CEO of Enron) anyone would have to say "Kenny Boy" did more harm to the U. S. economy than did Saddam Hussein.

Lay's underlings at Enron, Skilling and Fastow have had over 100 felony charges announced yesterday by the Justice Dept. Much was made of Lay's phone calls to Bush at the White House when Enron was in the process of collapsing and it was said Enron received no help from the government. Enron was beyond help but WHEN DOES KEN LAY GET ARRESTED?

In December, 1994 win or lose Bush will never have to face the voters again. I think he'll have the loyalty to pardon his friend and Lay will do NO time in prison.

Michael@blurtcast.com (New Orleans)

By semillama on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 06:07 pm:

Yes, you are right. Bush doesn't have to worry about anything in December 1994.

By Mark Twain on Sunday, May 4, 2003 - 12:48 pm:

OK, 2004.
    "Taking Oh So Good Care Of Those Irresponsible CEOs"

By Nate on Monday, May 5, 2003 - 01:26 pm:

"Bush's absolute top #1 campaign contributor"

you mean no one else contributed the $2K federal election contribution maximum?

crazy.

By Rowlf on Monday, May 5, 2003 - 05:40 pm:

from BIPAC:

http://www.bipac.org/business_report.asp?page=1662

Individual Contribution Limits for Next Cycle

by Lacye Tennille
    July 25, 2002

Once the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act (BCRA) takes effect (November 6, 2002), an individual may give a maximum of:

$2,000 per election to a Federal candidate or the candidate's campaign committee (currently the maximum is $1,000 per election). Primaries, runoffs and general elections are considered separate elections.
    $5,000 per calendar year to a PAC or state party committee that supports Federal candidates.
    $25,000 per calendar year to a national party committee (currently the maximum is $20,000 per year). This limit applies separately to a party's national committee, House campaign committee and Senate campaign committee.
    The aggregate limits for individuals (currently $25,000 per year) are increased as follows:

There is an overall individual aggregate contribution limit of $95,000; a maximum of $37,500 may be contributed to candidates.
    Of this $95,000, a maximum of $57,500 may be contributed to all other political committees.
    Of the $57,500 allowed to be contributed to political committees, a maximum of $37,500 may be contributed to PACs, state party committees and other political committees that are not national party committees.
    Beginning in 2003, the limits on individual contributions to candidates and party committees, as well as individual aggregate contribution limits will be indexed for inflation. PAC contribution limits will not be increased or indexed.

According to the Center for Public Integrity (nonpartisan, non-profit organization):

Ken Lay spread out his contributions:
    From 11/3/99 to 11/6/2000, Ken Lay contributed $300,700 to various campaigns and PACs around the country. $3000 dollars of those were to three people: 2 Democrat Texans with locked up races, the third was a business friend with a locked up race.

Total since '93 from Lay to Bush is 550,000

By Rowlf on Monday, May 5, 2003 - 05:47 pm:

By Nate on Monday, May 5, 2003 - 07:09 pm:

do you trust those figures? there are a bunch of kids at the bottom with $0 donation figures.

By Rowlf on Monday, May 5, 2003 - 07:42 pm:

I question them, but I trust them a hell of a lot more than the suggestion Lay didnt go more than 2000 dollars

By Nate on Monday, May 5, 2003 - 07:47 pm:

he didn't go more than $2000 to bush, specifically.

$1000 for the primary, $1000 for the main race.

i don't really care, though. fuck lay. he's evil. he hurts the cause of capitalism.

By patrick on Monday, May 5, 2003 - 07:50 pm:

directly. thats $2000 directly nate. lets not overlook that part.

There are many ways to give a canidate a helping hand.

you know damn well that with PACs and other entities its entirely possible to ensure your canidate and his party get all kinds of funds.

Arent the limits for how much you can give to an entire party practically non-existant?

By Nate on Monday, May 5, 2003 - 08:05 pm:

sure. i was just arguing the specific statement (which is, consequently, disproved either way you look at it.)

like i said, i think lay should be put in prison.

i'm for campaign finance reform, for sure. i'm not sure it is perfectly constitutional, but it seems necessary in a world where very rarely do you win if you don't spend the most money.

then again, god forbid the american people actually think about who they are voting for.

By Rowlf on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 09:11 am:

I'm glad its not so rampant here. With less funds noone can afford numorous attack ads, and with less contributors noone is owed anything.

I saw this one ad from the US where the family was hunting together. It was bizarre.

By patrick on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 12:48 pm:

"I'm glad its not so rampant here. With less funds noone can afford numorous attack ads, and with less contributors noone is owed anything."

because you have one of the blandest cultures in the neighborhood.

canidates soaring in f-16s rented from the Air Force to Scorpions 'rock you like a hurricane', mudslinging tv ads equiviolent to
    day time soap operas, staged gimmicks, sex scandels even murder.....

you wish you had our politics.

you guys are arguably rendered virtually irrelavent because of your lack of POP! in your politics.

though you got something going with the chiba legalization. you're pissing a lot of people off here. keep up the good fight.

By Rowlf on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 06:04 pm:

let me rephrase patrick...

I already get all the entertainment value that there is in your political system, while at the same time they dont fuck up my life..

Bland is grand.

You wish you had our politics.

By Rowlf on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 06:47 pm:

Actually, I retract my submission that Canadian politics is bland.

They dont make commercials like the Americans do, but when they actually argue in Parliament, Canadian politics are much more entertaining than American politics.

By Wednesday Addams on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 05:11 pm:

Speaking of things Canadian . . . .
    . . . . Jiminy Glick appears with brand new interviews on COMedy Central. This week will be the second one in the all new third season started April 30th,2003. He will be interviewing "Steven Spielberg" . . . saw a vignette for it and Jiminy asks "so when are you going to make the one that really clicks?"
    Spielberg looks a bit shook up . . will have tonight to see his reply.
    I am laughing reeel hard.
    "PRIMETIME Glick" 9:30 Central time on COMedy Central . . Help up aalll.

By Rowlf on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 06:13 pm:

I like Martin Short because he actually really really sucks

By semillama on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 06:16 pm:

He seems like he would smell real funny, you know?

By wisper on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 07:13 pm:

oh my god, you are so right.

he looks like a smelly, smelly man.

By Riddler on Thursday, May 8, 2003 - 08:50 am:

maybe his fat suit
    or does the Sorabji group have a lot of real a-holes in it.

By R on Thursday, May 8, 2003 - 09:08 am:

ya'll are dicks

By semillama on Thursday, May 8, 2003 - 09:52 am:

boy, you're observant! AND articulate! I bet you got a nice shiny ribbon from mommy for being such a smart little boy! You can put it up on the shelf with all your trophies!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact