Coincidental

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Coincidental
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 07:54 pm:

Is it any coincidence that as my family and I attended a benefit for an organization that works to aide people with major spinal cord injuries that a friend has a motorcycle accident on sunset blvd and severs his spin in two places?

there are no such things as coincidences, ive always believed this.

but a 'coincidence' this blunt and tragic....

im at a loss for words.

why does it have to work this way?

By eri on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 08:25 pm:

Patrick, is that kinda like when I went to do a fundraiser car wash this weekend and I was getting really sunburned, and then someone took off with my sunscreen and we were getting like NO cars, and someone else gets there and takes over my position, and the cars line up, and I get more sunscreen on and it starts raining?

Weird stuff like that happens to me all of the time.

By Nate on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 08:34 pm:

Uh.

sad, patrick. i'm sorry about your friend.

By agatha on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 10:24 pm:

That is really tragic.

Any word on what the extent of the damage is? I'm assuming he won't walk again?

I'm really sorry.

By eri on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 12:00 am:

I did forget to say that Patrick. I am truly sorry. I hope you understand that went unsaid.

By patrick on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 12:27 pm:

well

it looks as if now its just from the waist down.

we havent seen him yet. we were more than acquainted with him, someone I would call a friend, but not someone I know all that well.

Not that he deserved what happened but he toyed with fate.

He just got stopped the previous night, drinking, while driving his bike. He passed the breathalyzer test, a warning if there ever was one. Then he goes and does it again and decides to cozy up to a telephone pole.

Its unclear if another driver had anything to do with it or not.

I was a bit freaked yesterday.

By Spider on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 12:35 pm:

Oh, man, Patrick. I'm sorry about your friend.

By patrick on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 12:38 pm:

well thanks, but really....its ok. he wasnt terribly close and Im not one to solicit sympathy.

it was just freaky how quickly *SNAP* one can alter his reality so drasticaly...and the 'coincidence' was like a shiny cherry on top.

By spunky on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 12:38 pm:

i can understand you being freaked out.
    I hope for the best for him. Eri lost a high school friend from such an accident.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact