And I thought wisdom came with age?

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: And I thought wisdom came with age?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Hal on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 01:17 am:

By dave. on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 01:45 am:

eheheheh?! uh. . .i don't get it. some kind of jock joke?

By Hal on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 12:10 pm:

Its evident you didn't watch the RedSox vs Yankees game on Saturday.

There was a bench clearing fight in the bottom of the 4th inning, during which, Don Zimmer (Yankees Bench Coach) rushed Pedro Martinez (RedSox Pitcher) and tried to throw a punch. At which time Pedro grabbed Don's head (pictured) and slammed his 72 year old ass to the ground.

What makes a 72 year-old man charge a 31 year-old athlete?

By semillama on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 12:34 pm:

but why "Owned!" ?

By patrick on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 12:34 pm:

i don't think you had to watch the game to avoid the confusion that dave experienced, not that i watched the game either, but i was aware of the story as that pic was on the front page of the Times yesterday.

"owned?"

dumb jock joke?

By Hal on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 01:33 pm:

The guy was fuckin owned.... God damn.

Well fuck, just because you don't find it funny, I do.

Asses.

By dave. on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 02:03 pm:

what's so funny about being owned? you think slavery is funny? ok, i'm gonna pretend i didn't just read that, hal.

By wisper on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 09:43 pm:

didja see his press conference after that? (it's all i saw of it) the poor old guy was so embarrassed and sorry for it he started crying and ran off stage.

it was really sad.

By Hal on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 11:09 am:

Owned as in he got his ass handed to him, as in his old butt shouldn't have attacked Pedro to begin with but because he did he got owned by Pedro. Other words that can be used in "owned"'s place are:

pwned
    beaten
    capsized
    fucked
    dominated

As for the bullshit crying press conference its as bullshit as him leaving in an ambulence AFTER that game was over... (after the fight which was in the 4th inning he spend the rest of the game in the dugout having a gay old time with a tiny bandaid on the bridge of his nose.)

By LoneStranger on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 12:35 am:

I've also heard "pwned" used as in "pawned," as in the lowest unit types in strategy games. They are usually killed pretty easily or given up for dead in return for a better strategical position. Chess pawns is where that reference initially came from.

LS

By J on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 11:31 am:

The Cubs..what happened? I was watching Queer Eye but checked in, bottom of the 7th and they were 3 up,looked again 8th inning and they were FUCKED!!!!!

By semillama on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 12:05 pm:

Some fan fucked up a catch.

By Hal on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 12:38 pm:

Dude I don't know...
    One econd I'm leaving the bar and getting in my car.

Right as I walk out the door, Florida ties it up. By the time I drive across town, and go inside my buddies house... Its fuckin 8-3.

I still have yet to figure out how that happened.

By J on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 01:46 pm:

I've read the news now,I'm glad I didn't see it,I'd be foaming at the mouth. I hope the twenty dollar ball was worth it to the "fan".There is still hope...

By Dougie on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 03:17 pm:

I feel so sorry for that guy, just like I do Bill Buckner. If the cubbies don't make it to the series, he's gotta live with that for the rest of his life. True, even if Alou had caught it (which he would have) there's no guarantee they would have gotten out of the inning unscathed, but you never know.

Geez, the Yankees game today is going to be a Gale Bowl -- it's gusting up to 50 MPH out here on Long Island. The Red Sox should put in Tim Wakefield to throw knuckleballs in this wind.

By Nate on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 05:12 pm:

feel more sorry for him. he's been outed.

By spunky on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 05:16 pm:

that poor fuck.

By kazu on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 09:19 pm:

By Hal on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 12:24 pm:

Well of course, Florida is like:

"Uhh, dude, if we don't get that guy of Chicago now... He's a dead man."

If I were the guy, I'd have been out of Chicago LAST night. I hope for his sake he's not there now.

By The Watcher on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 01:30 pm:

This reminds me of the New York kid that interfered with a Baltimore play during a Yankee game.

They made that kid a national hero. And, this guy becomes a goat. At least this man knows he actually did something wrong.

By Dougie on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 02:15 pm:

I feel sorrier for the pilot of the Staten Island Ferry.

By J on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 02:28 pm:

No shit,I read he ran home and tried to kill himself,the dream was killed for the Cubs,I'll probably be drinking a little bit more than usual,sympathy and all.

By patrick on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 02:50 pm:

my friend was delayed for over an hour in JFK yesterday evening because the winds were so out of control. the bar in the terminal ran out of beer due to the game, and the fact that a flight to Boston was also delayed. talk about tension.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact