What About... YOU for President?!

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: What About... YOU for President?!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By RC on Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 02:41 am:

C'mon -- don't be modest! You certainly can't do any worse than the puppet we've got now!

And because I'm scared... & tired. For better or worse, I'm one of those people who finished college ages ago & still dreams of changing the world. But the world as we know it is rapidly coming to an end, folks. I feel like the drowning woman going down for the 3rd time... And late at nite, it helps to at least try & figure out solutions.

I spend far too many hours worrying about Bush stealing another election & how to stop that from happening. I'm voting for Kerry, but I really don't trust him either. (Isn't anyone else disturbed that our choices for president are a Skull & Bonesman & a Skull & Bonesman? Bonesmen have been running things on a global level far too long for it to just be due to education & good breeding.)

Seriously -- if you could implement a bloodless coup or otherwise be installed in the Oval Office as President of the United States for the next 4 years, what programs & policies would you implement?

- RC

By J on Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 02:54 am:

A health care system for ALL,no more working poor,with affordable medicine and tests and all that goes with it,preventive medicine.Decent daycare and flexible work scheduals for working mothers.Less taxes,less Americans in prison,legalize Marijuanna

By semillama on Friday, August 13, 2004 - 12:00 pm:

Fucking in the streets.

By RC on Friday, August 13, 2004 - 08:33 pm:

C'mon J -- you don't get off that easily! You've gotta Bring The Implementation -- how will you create this social utopia & how will you pay for it?

I need specifics here -- so I can fall asleep knowing there really IS a better way & we can challenge our leaders to follow that way.

And Sem -- much as I like sex in semi-public places, sex in the streets is another matter. There are some folks I just don't wanna see naked -- EVER.

- RC

By Lapis on Friday, August 13, 2004 - 08:56 pm:

A relaxation of education standards (if you are qualified to teach someone a skill intelligently, then you can be a teacher); higher taxes on gasoline/lower taxes on more environmentally-responsible fuels; a crackdown on pharmeceutical companies and their prices, progressive (re: prevention and non-medication treatment) medical programs; stricter regulations and fines on herbicides, pesticides and fertilizers; free recycling programs and charging by the pound for trash; a dismissal of most fcc regulations; work or barter as acceptable tax payment; closer study of illegal drugs and treatment programs that work.

There's a few. I would't want to be president though.

By wisper on Friday, August 13, 2004 - 11:50 pm:

Economy:
    People would be paid according to a minimum AND maximum wage. I think 100K a year should be just fine. The rest would go to free health care and free education, among other things. This would really help out everyone.

Nasty Suff:
    a)Legalization of all drugs, sell them only through government-owned stores. Same with alcohol.
    b)Harsher DUI laws. Get caught once and you lose your license forever.
    c)Legalize prostitution.
    d)No censorship of any kind.
    e)Tax churches.

Population Growth:
    a) Birth control in the water supply (or some other form of all-encompassing birth control).
    You would have to fill out lengthily forms and applications to have a child. To get the cure for the BC, you have to get shots from a doctor.
    The shots would cost $2000.
    To adopt would cost $25.
    One natural child per family only.

b) Change definition of marriage to include anyone over 18 and of sound mind. No limit on the number of people you can marry, either. You could also marry cousins and siblings, although in that case you would not be allowed to have your own children.

Fun:
    Greatly reduce the cost of books and fresh vegetables.
    Tax the shit out of gas, junk food, and bullets.
    Like Chris Rock says, bullets should cost $1000 each.
    Actually, no, I'd ban guns and go back to swords. Any idiot can use a gun, but to use a sword requires skill and practice.

Swords, totaly.

By agatha on Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 12:19 am:

By agatha on Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 12:19 am:

By Gee on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 10:17 am:

oh my god. some of those ideas are scarier than what's already in place.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact