I am devistated

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: I am devistated
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By The Watcher on Friday, June 3, 2005 - 06:07 pm:

All my life I have been brought up to believe that no matter what, you have family.

A family sticks together. You defend and look out for the members of the family. Even from the grave.

And, you have a moral code that you do not break. There are some things you do and some things you never ever do. Simply because they are either right or wrong. In these simple areas there are no shades of grey just pure black and white.

I just found out that my father, before his illness, broke a promis he made to me. One that he knew was very important not just to me but to everything I was brought up to believe.

Not only did he break this promis but, he continued to lie about it to my face up to the day he died.

If I had found out about this before his death I would have disowned him! I would never have seen or spoken to him again! I would never have gone to his funeral! I would never have made arrangements for him to recieve his lodges last rights! And, I would never have told his friends at his funeral what a good man he was!

He was not a good man. He lied to me and he broke my heart! He betrayed every thing he taught me! And, since I have not one sign that any of my forebares even attempted to prevent this or diswade him from this course of action I can only conclude, based upon what I was brought up to believe, that they failed me too.

I HAVE BEEN BETRAYED! I HAVE NO FATHER! I HAVE NO MOTHER! I HAVE NO FAMILY!

The Walls are up. The door has been bolted and welded shut.

All Trespassers will be destroyed!!!

By TBone on Friday, June 3, 2005 - 06:17 pm:

Oh, come now. Was it really that bad?

Does one flaw make him a bad person?

By Antigone on Friday, June 3, 2005 - 06:44 pm:

Well, if the lie was "no, I never fucked children up the ass," then yep, it makes him a bad person.

But without knowing details we'll never know.

Sorry you feel so betrayed, Watcher. I hope you can come to terms with it. I'm sure we can lend a sympathetic ear if you need one.

By The Watcher on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 02:09 pm:

It has been a week since I found out about this.

I still feel the same.

I did speak to a councelor as soon as possible. So I could begin the healing process. I still feel the same.

I can not believe he did this. But, he did.

By semillama on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 02:32 pm:

did what now?

By wisper on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 02:59 pm:

he never said what his father did.
    So we're left to make up crazier and crazier theories.
    It could be anything from selling an heirloom silver tea set to fucking his brother with a wine bottle.
    And i don't think counselling could help with that last one.

be strong, watcher.

By Nate on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 04:09 pm:

"fucking his brother with a wine bottle"

bottle fucking his brother

fucking his brother with a wine bottle fucking his brother with a wine bottle

fucking his brother with a wine bottle fucking his brother with a wine bottle fucking his brother with a wine bottle fucking his brother with a wine bottle fucking his brother with a wine bottle

By Nate on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 04:11 pm:

and, hey watcher, i value your contributions to this mess. you're certainly a well woven part of the sorabjistry.

i'd like to hear your story.

By V on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 07:48 pm:

The Watcher,as allways it is so nice to see your postings,my Father also had dark secrets,I think it was murder,perhaps many,he only hinted.,but he died years back,and you cant kill a dead man.,but for me a good Father,a bit harsh now and then,but o.k....he looked like "Kirk Douglas",but I still look like "Putin".

By V on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 08:18 pm:

...if you are not too bored,I tell you more,my father did in fact kill 6 Italians,on the behalf of the British Government,but it was a long time ago,and stuff like this should not even be on site,I suspect he did more than he told me,I was about 7 at the time.

By Antigone on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 01:24 am:

I don't think I've ever told another soul this.

I suspect my father has a deep dark secret as well. Since I was 15 or so I've considered the possibility that he's not my biological father, and that my uncle is. I can't really say there's any one thing that makes me think this. Maybe it's that I've always felt distant from my father. Maybe it's that my father and uncle were never close, yet lived in the same city (after leaving home) for twenty five years. Maybe it's that I share much more intellectualy and emotionally with my uncle. And my parents were rather swingin' in the 70's. I can easily believe that an affair of some kind happened between my uncle and mother, and that's what's caused a long time rift between brothers.

It feels odd, actually writing this.

If this were true it wouldn't really trouble me. My father will always be my father, no matter what. That and I've had twenty years to get used to the possibility. It's more of a curiosity. Will they tell me this year? Ever? Am I full of shit? I'm always eager to find out. :)

By agatha on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 01:47 am:

Wow. That's a great story.

By dave. on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 02:38 am:

aw, c'mon on, watcher. don't be such a drama queen. either tell us how he offended you or shut up about it.

By V on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 06:35 pm:

dave,dont you get sick of being the resident "Hells Angel" of Sorabjiland?....I want my turn...

By V on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 06:40 pm:

Anti,no your not full of shit,most or your postings are interesting.

By heather on Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 01:32 am:

such a compliment to have "interesting" posts.

i don't know my parents' secrets. it seems that life has
    homogenized them and they fit in well in the little stepford-
    retirees village where they live.

i think my dad has a personality disorder.

it seems like they are my biological parents, but i think i am an
    alien.

By Nate on Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 02:39 am:

i think so too.

By heather on Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 03:17 am:

care to share?

By Nate on Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 11:23 am:

not really. i've probably said too much already.

By kazu on Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 11:49 am:

I know some of my parent's secrets.

By The Watcher on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 05:20 pm:

No deep dark secrets.

Just a broken promise.

But, one he repeated - unasked - several times after he broke it. For five years after he broke it.

By The Watcher on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 05:24 pm:

It's really a point that in my family you just do not do this.

No ifs, ands, or buts.

But, he did it. Then lied about it.

By wisper on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 05:35 pm:

$10 on the wine bottle.

By kazu on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 06:04 pm:

yeah

youre probabwy wite

By heather on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 08:35 pm:

never promise anything, that's your best bet

watcher, you have a very interesting set of standards

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact