I am evil...or not.

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: I am evil...or not.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Decanted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 12:55 pm:

I have succumbed to being an inferior dolt.

I am a reformed compulsive liar with a still lingering habit - unfaithful scruples.

I am a good person with a big heart and even bigger ego with a larger void.

I suck and I want the internet to know.

By Nate on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 05:53 pm:

"I suck and I want the internet to know."

you'll need to use your real name, then.

By Antigone on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 10:53 pm:

V?

By Nate on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 11:36 pm:

that's not V. is it? i refuse to check.

there is too much clarity.

By wisper on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 12:00 am:

i was gonna say, much too eloquent.

By dave. on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 01:55 am:

evil is an immature and ridiculous word when used seriously. there are countless words or phrases that better communicate the concept of evil. in theory, the same goes for good, but in a society where goodness is expected and unremarkable and we are more readily defined by our bad behavior than our good behavior, good is usually a sufficient adjective for goodness. in other words, like the fear/love chart shown in donnie darko, people do good and people do evil but the bias is to casually acknowledge people for their goodness and to make a big stink about their evilness. goodness is marginalized by evilness because of the weight it is given by those affected by it. if you do good, well don't fix it if it ain't broke. however, if some evil slips in there, you got some serious problems.

suddenly, i don't know what the point i'm trying to make is, or if i even care about it anymore, but i'll post it anyway.

By dave. on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 02:29 am:

why am i so prone to publically delving into autodidactic (and autoannoying) buffoonery?

i should save this shit for a personal journal or, even better, keep it to myself.

sorry.

By Nate on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 10:04 am:

i dunno dave., it made me think.

godforbid.

though it does sound like you're scooted just a little more evil on the darko chart than society as a whole, so society's is more apt to finger evil that doesn't seem all that bad to you, and less likely to finger good that you find exceptional.

and in your case, i imagine it is an honest positioning based, to some degree, on introspection and lacking hypocracy.

whereas, for society, it is based on artifical expectations and a false facade.

By patrick on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 03:44 pm:

By patrick on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 03:48 pm:

what the original poster describes isnt anything close to evil...in a historical, cultural, religious sense. i take it thats the silly part dave.

the concept and perpetuation of evil, in a serious conversation, is greater than man.

though Im mostly ok with the injection of the word in casual conversation.

i just love how dave views everything in a very conflict type manner. is your hair gray yet man?

By Decanted on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 04:10 pm:

Well...

I was listening to the 'Kill 'em All' album at the time I posted (and quickly realized that I wasn't in the mood for metal and switched to 'Air' instead by the time I left this site.

So my use of the word 'evil' was tied to nothing more than a dimwitted instance of chanting the lyric and a lame attempt at provoking whatever thought that could be had which was at least interesting in reading your responses.

I unfortunately had no one to confess my idiocy to and am hiding (and with no revel) behind anonymity to disclose that I am an idiot and wish I could be a nicer individual.

I sincerely do.

By Nate on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 05:16 pm:

that said, the correct answer is "yes I am".

By Decanted on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 06:05 pm:

Nate - you could be right, in which case, it just depresses me even more both from the lyrics and just in general.

I know what I do and am pretty certain about why I do them (no worries I am most definitely not killing anyone). However, I give and I give til my heart's tether runs shorter and shorter - and realize, again - too late that I should not have been giving.

And thus begins another bleak winter.

By heather on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 06:16 pm:

i have seen evil portrayed in various media

in real life i have only seen the fear and the dumb

By droopy on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 06:39 pm:

can't say that i've ever been ringside to too much evil. to my knowledge. i'm reading "reading lolita in tehran" right now, which makes me think about the arbitrariness of morality. and there's something in the back of my mind about nietzsche - who definitely used too many damn letters to spell his name - and the changing defintions of good and evil.

but this is all i can muster. bad night, mal noche.

which makes me think of that howlin' wolf song:

it's a long way from home,
    can't sleep at night.
    call on your telephone;
    Something just ain't right.
    that's eeeevaaaal! evil is goin' on wrong.
    i'm warnin' ya bruthah,
    you better watch yo happy home.

By jack on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 07:00 pm:

i'm engulfed in floetry.

By dave. on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 12:54 am:

i'm tired of my half-baked, boring, overwordy attempts to say something that doesn't matter and fails to really say anything.

if i read somebody else posting some of the shit i write, i'd think they were tiresome and boorish.

fuck bad moods.

By droopy on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 01:49 am:

i found a way to solve everybody's problems:

leather pants

(this made me laugh)

By Rowlfe on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 03:03 pm:

By Antigone on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 04:54 pm:

In the highways, in the hedges,
    I'll be somewhere a-workin' for my Lord!

I'll be somewhere a-workin',

By V on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 03:03 am:

Antigone,now you know that was no place near that "dash board Jesus"song...that was awesome,even "cool hand luke" sung it..."wall I dont care if it rains or freezes,long as a got ma dashboard jesus"..dude,you MUST know that allmighty Christian song.,if you dont,v post it to you.

By V on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 03:13 am:

Anti.not all stuff comes up in yellow right now,but any Christian stuff I will put on line for you right now.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact