Online Store

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Online Store
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By The Watcher on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 06:38 pm:

I'm concidering opening an online store.

Any advice?

By Nate on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 07:05 pm:

sell milky schlongs

By V on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 07:15 pm:

...The Watcher,is that the real you?...if so,welcome Sir.

By V on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 07:29 pm:

...The Watcher,v was told tonight by an old black man if you drink cranberry juice you dont get prostate cancer,(as all men do)...you think he is correct?

By jack on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 11:14 pm:

what would you sell?

By sarah on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 12:22 pm:

no matter what you do, hire a SEO professional.

if you want to make a lot of money, sell something that has to do with sex.

By Czarina on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 01:57 pm:

I think this could be a profitable endeavor. You just need to find a highly marketable line of products.Do you have something in mind?

By Nate on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 02:07 pm:

milky schlongs!
    miso ass soup!

By V on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 07:00 pm:

...needless to say I over loaded the fridge with cranberry juice,and I all so hear blueberrys stop you getting cancer.,so now I need a second fridge.

By Jim aka Pajama on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 11:04 am:

Clearly according to V, you must sell frozen cranberry dildos to gay men so they don't get prostate cancer.

By V on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 10:47 pm:

Jim,if you want to buy one Im sold out.

By The Watcher on Tuesday, August 8, 2006 - 01:13 pm:

I have a niche market picked out. I plan to use drop shippers.

And I read a few books about running "your online store".
    But, none of them really cover the business fundimentals. Like how to deal with the suppliers. How returns should be handled in this situation. etc.

I don't know any suppliers of those frozen items mentioned earlier.

By droopy on Tuesday, August 8, 2006 - 02:00 pm:

you'll have to go directly to the suppliers for all that information. for example, you can go to the website of the supplier/manufacturer of whatever the hell it is you plan to sell and there will probably be a "do you want to be become a vendor?" (or something like that) section where you can get details on the company's policies, what they expect from you, and how to contact them. any company will have already ironed out the details on how to handle returns, how much you the vendor has to invest in this venture, etc.

this, at least, has been my experience.

By Dougie on Tuesday, August 8, 2006 - 02:13 pm:

By Czarina on Wednesday, August 9, 2006 - 09:58 am:

Well, WHAT are you going to sale?

By J on Friday, September 1, 2006 - 04:41 pm:

Whatever it is your selling,do we get a discount?

By moonit on Friday, September 1, 2006 - 10:59 pm:

Do you ship to new zealand?

By The Watcher on Tuesday, September 5, 2006 - 06:34 pm:

My scope has been reduced.

I need to keep my present job for at least two more years. So I can keep the health insurance.

Rats!!!

Right now I'd like to know how Mark does this site.

For what I'm planing the basic layout of Sorabji land is very simular to what I'd like to do. But, for quite a different niche.

By V on Tuesday, September 5, 2006 - 09:09 pm:

The Watcher,v thinks Big Mark died years ago,and Sorabji is still running on auto pilot.I expect stuff like that can happen on the net,so perhaps we lost the pilot.,what the hell,modern web sites can land by them selves,cant they?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact