Living with my husband

sorabji.com: What is your definition of hell?: Living with my husband
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Dayna on Thursday, May 28, 1998 - 12:07 am:
    The greatest punishment thus far in my life, is living with this man day in and day out. Huge mistake because I can't commit to one person and I agreed by law to him. Sad, sad, sad...I'm 26, educated, pretty and somewhat normal and this is my life. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

By R.C. on Thursday, May 28, 1998 - 01:04 am:
    Hi Dayna. And if you're new here -- Welcome.

Divorce is still legal in America. Unless you got married in Louisiana or one of those other states that let's you opt for a 'covenant marriage'. You didn't check that particular box on the marriage license app, did you?

You cd always arrange for his untimely death & live comfortably off the proceeds from his insurance. But it'll cost you a nice chunk of change to hire a professional who'll do it right. I can't get over those jackasses you see on the news who go around blabbing abt wanting to kill their spouses/& end up on tape trying to hire an undercover cop for a hit.

Anyway/don't despair. You do have options. If yr husband's Black/there's a guy who frequents these parts who'll set him on fire for ya. Probably for free.

(Pay me no mind. PajamaBoy stole my meds this afternoon...)

By Dave on Thursday, May 28, 1998 - 02:13 am:
    Try nagging and annoying him into leaving you, then sue for half his wealth.

What is it with you marryin types?

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Thursday, May 28, 1998 - 08:17 am:
    Suddenly glad I'm not on THAT team.

R.C., TOOTS!!! WICKEDLY sinful reference to a certain breakfast cereal!

By Dayna on Thursday, May 28, 1998 - 01:39 pm:
    Thanks for the welcome, I am new to this site. And I would love to get a divorce, however at this time its impossible. I don't think I could make it on my salary with all the bills we've created.

And the reason we got married was a combination of some really good wine and a couple of joints. We lived together for 3 years prior and one day I was feeling really good and absolutely bored and said "hey why not go to the mountains this weekend and get married?" What a dumb idea that was.

Jim, be thrilled you aren't on this team...being married is like having a large dog who has a tendency to stray or tear things up so instead of being humane and setting it free, you put it in a cage the size for a cat with no room to move. And only one of you has the key to it. (Its the best comparision I could think of, with only 3 hours of sleep.)

I hate it so bad that I've given things up like sex...hadn't done it in 18 weeks, well...with my husband anyway :)

By Blindswine on Thursday, May 28, 1998 - 02:13 pm:
    everytime i read strings like these it makes me wanna gargle with broken glass...

By Chordata on Thursday, May 28, 1998 - 03:13 pm:
    It just makes me want to get my tubes tied.

By Chordata on Thursday, May 28, 1998 - 03:13 pm:
    It just makes me want to get my tubes tied.

By Snow Queen on Thursday, May 28, 1998 - 04:21 pm:
    Not ALL marriages are that bad...I'm in a good one...

By R.C. on Friday, May 29, 1998 - 12:07 am:
    *sigh* What a fine mess I've gotten us into now...

Well, you sounded pretty despondent, Dayna/
    so I tried to lighten things up a bit. But seriously -- if you lived with this man for 3 years/you knew what you were getting. If he was cool to live with then/he can be cool to live with once again! Maybe the 2 of you can check out some marriage counseling. I dunno where you live/but almost every state has some sort of income- -based sliding-scale therapy programs.

I'm suspect I'm destined to be a solo act until the curtain drops/but I do know that attraction & passion wax & wane in a marriage -- which is why it's not something you jump into for kicks. Maybe you need to decide whether or not you're willing to put in the effort to try recreate the kind of marriage you want. As my dear ol' Dad told me once: "When the roof is leaking on yr house/you don't fix it by going to sleep at the neighbors."

I mean, trying beats staring across the dinner table & wishing him dead...

By PassNthru on Sunday, May 31, 1998 - 02:29 am:
    Dayna:
    Unfortunately, being educated and pretty doesn't prepare a person for what life has in store. It appears that you have entered into a marriage of convenience, without regard for love. Even if you had been pre-warned by parents/school, you wouldn't have listened. A mistake can be beneficial if a person learns from it, then takes steps to avoid making that same mistake again.

You ARE young enough to start over. You should do so before things get worse. A bigger mistake than that already made is not to deal with it.

All of the above assumes you: 1.) Have given up, and, 2.) Don't have children involved. If you do, then their needs comes before yours.

Don't make decisions like this when you are tired, mad, or drunk. You'll be sorry.

Here's a link to help: Black Sheep There are other links from there, should you need them!

Be more careful next time. Good luck.

By Snowcat on Thursday, June 1, 2000 - 11:38 pm:

I can totally relate Dayna...feel for ya!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact