Stupid Choices

sorabji.com: Sex: Stupid Choices
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Gee on Friday, February 10, 2006 - 03:22 pm:

I have a problem with people who find themselves in difficult romantic situations time and time again. That problem can be summed up with the use of one phrase, which I am also guilty of having uttered from time to time:

“You can’t help who you fall in love with.”

BULLSHIT. You can absolutely help who you fall in love with, it just takes time and effort, neither of which most of us are willing to put in. It also takes a certain sense of self-awareness that you are putting yourself into these fucked up situations over and over.

It’s really nice to be able to cop out of your responsibilities towards your own happiness by just deciding that the universe is against you, isn’t it? It feels good not to have to take on any of the burden of making sure that you don’t make the same mistakes you always did. Well too fucking bad for you. YOU are the one who is responsible for repeatedly getting involved with women who hurt you. YOU are the one who is responsible for letting the guy you are secretly in love with continue to fuck you and never ever kiss you. YOU are the only fucking person in the whole world who can stop You from making bad decisions.

The next time you want to complain because you have fallen in love with some girl you met on the Internet and you feel bad because you never get to see her, or she is turning her interests towards a Different guy she met on-line, please do not come crying to me. Please remember that something in you felt a challenge, or a sense of safety in a relationship that could not be consummated or even really tested. Remember that you have done this before, and you knew it was happening again, and did Nothing to stop it. So really, you have no one but yourself to blame for your current state of unhappiness.

And the next time you find yourself obsessed with some guy who doesn’t want you and probably already has a girlfriend, please remember that this too is a misery of your own making. Somewhere inside you is a person who doesn’t believe in love, doesn’t want to take the chance, and probably doesn’t think she’s good enough for anyone, so you find people you know you can never have and latch onto them. Just think about how many times you have done this before, and maybe you’ll start to realize that you are making a Choice to love these people because you are scared shitless that someone might actually love you back, and this is the best way to ensure that never happens.

Look at yourself, accept some responsibility, and stop being such a giant fucktard.

By V on Friday, February 10, 2006 - 07:21 pm:

Gee,I did for a fact read every word of your posting,twice,unlike the others,it makes sence to me to look below the surface,the odd thing is,when you hit 50,love no longer exits,its a case of "whats in YOUR wallet"...its why I dont bother with relationships anymore.I still get "looks" from Girls,but I wont return a look...you want a true life history about my Stockbroker? he is 80 years old,and still likes sex with 20 year old Girls,so he buys them a brand new car,and they are gone in 2 weeks,when I go go over to his place,he will have a brand new Girl,sunbathing topless in his garden,waiting for her new car,I dont want to be in that situation my Stockbroker is in right now.

By V on Friday, February 10, 2006 - 07:33 pm:

...yes,the Guy is worth millions,but I still think he got it wrong...he has a brand new Rolls Royce every year,and his own driver "for his image".

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact