Geocities

sorabji.com: Weeds: Geocities
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By agatha on Monday, October 26, 2009 - 01:34 pm:

RIP, Geocities, home of my first website and I'm sure many of yours as well. Remember all of the great stories that you all submitted to Agathafrye's Pies?

By agatha on Monday, October 26, 2009 - 01:40 pm:

By Dr Pepper on Tuesday, October 27, 2009 - 11:47 am:

Everyone loves their memories from the past....:-(

By Danielssss on Tuesday, October 27, 2009 - 02:37 pm:

ah 1998. only really 11 years ago. how everything everyone has changed. thanks for the link. I still think that heather and I are right: we need to update the gallery of doom with current stuff.

Mark, are you still in chaos and hell? I can't find my password. I can't find much of anything. Thanks for letting me out of the box.

By Dr Pepper on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 01:10 am:

I believed that I started surfing the internet like A.O.L 3.0 back in 1996

By droopy on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 02:02 am:

i started surfing in '97. that's when i found agathafrye's. i was a home frye long before i was a sorabjite. some of those memories up there are mine, back when i used my real name and capital letters. in one of my posts, i'm turning 31. now i'm fast approaching my 43rd birthday.

By agatha on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 11:55 pm:

I agree, the gallery of doom should be updated. Mayhaps we should start a sorabji flickr group? I'll be most of us are on there. Droop, I have all of your awesome stories from that website printed off and stashed somewhere, along with many other good stories from assorted people. Maybe I'll make a sorabji zine and reprint some of them.

By Dr Pepper on Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 01:52 am:

agatha,you got to ask mark for this

By agatha on Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 12:20 pm:

No, Dr. Pepper, I don't.

By Spider on Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 02:56 pm:

"Maybe I'll make a sorabji zine and reprint some of them."

B-but....then the world will find us!

By Danielssss on Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 04:06 pm:

I think getting a book out is a great idea: all of us not using anything but our monikers here to identify us. I would think the world would be a better place for it. And we could remain anonymous. (Spider is always anonymous with that face blank thingy)

By sarah on Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 04:22 pm:

Lynx in late 1993 or early 1994

pine

rn

By platypus on Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 08:26 pm:

Oh, a Sorabji Flickr group is a good idea. I approve.

By sarah on Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 11:30 pm:

seconded.

By Spider on Friday, October 30, 2009 - 05:54 pm:

Agatha, I die a little inside when I think of the whiny bullshit I've vented here over the past 13 years. I can't think of anything I've posted that I'd like preserved in print, so if you go through with the zine, maybe I could just send you some of my dad's unholy "recipes" or something.

By platypus on Friday, October 30, 2009 - 08:31 pm:

A Sorabji Flickr group has been created! It is private, for the benefit of those of us that like things private.

I don't think I have everyone's Flickr; if you poke me (or whatever the word on Flickr) I'll add you to the Top Sekrit Memberz List.

By sarah on Saturday, October 31, 2009 - 12:18 am:

i'm retarded. i seconded a flickr page but i know nothing about how to use it. i have a yahoo account that i never use. how do i poke you?

can you walk me through it? my brain cells are occupied with baby related things.

By agatha on Saturday, October 31, 2009 - 02:54 am:

I didn't really know what pictures to put on there, so I put some animals and a picture of me with a giant library card. I happen to know that I could find quality writing from anyone on these boards if I had a few hours to comb through old threads. If I facilitated a sorabji zine, would you all forgive me for the mail art that never happened?

By agatha on Saturday, October 31, 2009 - 02:55 am:

Sarah... re: 4:22 post- whut?

By J on Saturday, October 31, 2009 - 03:42 am:

I would... and will you tell Dave we miss him? I also put up some pictures recently on the Gallery of Doom of Chihuly at the Phoenix Desert Botanical Garden under Nice Things. I love his work.

By platypus on Saturday, October 31, 2009 - 11:23 am:

sarah, I emailed you!

I didn't really know what photos to stick up there either, but there are a few from my visit to the Charles Schultz Museum, which has all of these huge/creepy sculptures of Peanuts characters.

By sarah on Saturday, October 31, 2009 - 11:46 am:

lynx

pine

rn

the tools i used when i first discovered the internet.

By agatha on Saturday, October 31, 2009 - 12:14 pm:

Sarah- Wow.

J, will do.  I'm not sure what his issue is- he's convinced himself that he has nothing interesting to say. He's not drinking anymore either, so the two might be related.

By sarah on Saturday, October 31, 2009 - 12:40 pm:

i just posted a bunch of photos of my kids. i didn't take any of them, a friend of mine did.

i don't really take interesting photos anymore.

senor and i are on an organizing binge again, and we were going through boxes of old photos last night. some beauties i've taken from my days living in Montana (early 1993) and of course Hawaii. but that would require so much scanning.

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, October 31, 2009 - 02:16 pm:

sarah, my grandmother always organize all of the photos and put it in photo books, never in a pouch of envelopes or in boxes, always in photo books, always, she's a organizer person.
    when she passed away, all of the picture of herself, her husband, her childrens, her grand childrens and great grand childrens are in a small book by her side. we all know her with organizing things.

By J on Sunday, November 1, 2009 - 02:56 am:

My mother was like thet too.

By Danielssss on Sunday, November 1, 2009 - 09:21 pm:

count me in but I poked and got just the photostream, so email the junk on getting in and posting pics...I'm on flicker too under silvercoachman

By platypus on Sunday, November 1, 2009 - 11:33 pm:

You have to add one of us as a contact so that one of us can invite you. (It only lets you send invites to people who call you contacts.)

By kazu on Monday, November 2, 2009 - 12:09 am:

I added you as a contact. Now what?

By patrick on Monday, November 2, 2009 - 11:23 am:

sem, kaz, you guys tilted the cute meter way off the charts with the
    baby/dog halloween shot.

sarah you look more beautiful than ever.

holy shit thats what dave looks like????????

nice to see everyone. will try and return in kind shortly.

By J on Monday, November 2, 2009 - 11:43 am:

How do I find these pictures on flikr?

By agatha on Monday, November 2, 2009 - 12:40 pm:

Yeah, isn't that a nice gigantic wound on his hand? He fell off his bike, it took months for that sucker to heal. You know he's wearing a plastic sumo headmask, right? Wouldn't want you thinking that his hair actually looked like that.

By agatha on Monday, November 2, 2009 - 12:45 pm:

That picture that Sarah posted of Charlotte and her friend is the funniest thing ever. J, join flickr, then tell us what your name is on there and we'll invite you. It's a private group, so you've gotta join first.

By Danielssss on Monday, November 2, 2009 - 02:59 pm:

I am on flicker as silvercoachman100

By sarah on Monday, November 2, 2009 - 05:06 pm:

Thanks agatha.

Seeing that photo of Ian and Henry, which btw is adorable, makes me remember how much we used to love our dogs. I used to dress them up in Halloween costumes. I may have even done it last year when we only had Charlotte. This year I could barely get organized enough to get both my kids in costumes for some photos. We didn't even trick or treat. Dogs? What dogs?

Senor once said that after Charlotte was born, he realized that he treated our dogs like babies because what he really wanted was a baby.

Now that there are two human babies in the house, the two canine babies are so much an afterthought. At home they get their walks 3-4x a week (while strapped to a stroller), their heart guard and flea prevention, and food and water, and that's that. Many days can go by and I'll realize that I haven't even petted them or acknowledged their presence in any positive way. Some days it feels like all we are doing is just keeping them alive. Isn't that sad?

By Spider on Monday, November 2, 2009 - 10:18 pm:

I'm now on flickr. My name is iamthearm

(I tried to register spiderpug, in honor of the mighty pug Henry and of Homer's beloved pig, but it was taken. What manner of bullshit is that?)

By J on Sunday, November 8, 2009 - 02:20 am:

I've have a flikr account but I have it under my real name anyone here remember it?

By platypus on Sunday, November 8, 2009 - 10:51 am:

Spider, I tried to find you with your username, but you didn't come up...and J, I have a terrible memory.

By sarah on Sunday, November 8, 2009 - 01:15 pm:

yeah. your real name is J.

By sarah on Sunday, November 8, 2009 - 01:16 pm:

it's janine. or a close approximation of that spelling.

By kazu on Sunday, November 8, 2009 - 01:19 pm:

By Nate on Sunday, November 8, 2009 - 02:09 pm:

i made friends with platy on flickr, but failed to mention it to anyone. i guess i'm wwnd.

By platypus on Sunday, November 8, 2009 - 04:42 pm:

Ah! I was trying to figure out who in the hell that was.

By sarah on Sunday, November 8, 2009 - 05:34 pm:

By Spider on Sunday, November 8, 2009 - 05:44 pm:

Platy, I think I added you as a contact/friend. (I hope that was you, anyway!) I'll add the rest of you guys if I can (I'm feeling kind of retarded today).

I uploaded some random pictures and set them as viewable only by friends here, so let me know if you can't see them. :)

By Spider on Sunday, November 8, 2009 - 05:46 pm:

Yay, I have been invited!

By Danielsssss on Sunday, November 8, 2009 - 09:17 pm:

You have been invited but I can't see anything of yours. You got platy and silvercoachman (me) as friends but I can't see into your photos...am I not your friend??????????????????

By Spider on Sunday, November 8, 2009 - 09:20 pm:

Weird, I have you listed as a friend...

Can you see this?

By Danielssss on Monday, November 9, 2009 - 10:12 am:

Yes i can now, I see I see!!

By J on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 11:25 am:

Kazu that link doesn't work for me, my name is Jeannette and the last name is a president who was a peanut farmer.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact