I had a dream about Patrick

sorabji.com: Dreamland: I had a dream about Patrick
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spider on Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 06:18 pm:

Patrick himself was not present in my dream. In the dream, he made me a mix and I was listening to it while playing Concentration. I remember the mix had on it Beck's "Loser" and another Beck song that my brain made up. That's it. Just thought I'd share.

I think the fact that I've had more than one dream about this place is proof that I'm too attached to it. I once read a book about the Menendez brothers, and in it someone told them that when they started dreaming about being in prison, prison had finally won over them. That's what I'm thinking now. But it's hard to stay away. This place is like a desk at school. You know, you carve something on the desk one day and the next day you see somebody has responded, so you write something else, and then the rest of the day you can't wait until tomorrow to see if someone responds again, and sometimes that's the only thing that gives you the will to make it through another day (well, if you were me and went to my high school, it was).

Anyway.

By Patrick on Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 06:36 pm:

WOW, I am so jazzed, I GOT MY OWN DREAM THREAD!!!!

By Moonit on Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 06:58 pm:

Shouldn't that be nightmare?

*EG*

By Patrick on Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 07:15 pm:

ggggrrrrrrrrrrrr

By sarah on Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 08:39 pm:

i will now confess that i've had 2 sorabji dreams in the last 6 weeks or so.

both dreams contained the kelsey and dave unit, and nobody else. one took place at their house, the other took place at my house.

no sex or sexual innuendo of any kind was involved in either dream.

By Gee on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 01:34 am:

I wanted to make that nightmare comment. I'm so dissapointed that you beat me to it, Moonit. I don't care! I'm going to say it anyway!!

A dream? don't you mean a Nightmare? HYUK HYUK HYUK!

By Isolde on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 01:30 pm:

My high school was that way too.

By agatha on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 09:54 pm:

i'm so touched. i feel special right now. just let me have this for a moment....okay, i'm done.

By Rhiannon on Sunday, January 23, 2000 - 01:16 pm:

I had several dreams last night.

Yesterday, I read the on-line diary of the guy whose apartment is haunted, courtesy of Patrick's link, and that inspired the first dream. In the dream, the bathroom in my house (not my house in reality) was haunted. The bathroom was situated at the top of the stairs, and whenever I passed by it, the shower curtain would move and then a force would push me down the stairs. I would grab onto the railing and hang upside-down and suspended in the air, trying not to fall on my face. Somehow, Sean Penn (in his "Dead Man Walking" character) knew about the ghost and wanted to warn me, but because he was in prison, my mother wouldn't let me go see him, so he sent me telepathic messages telling me that I was in danger and had to leave. My mother, in the meantime, had gotten a complete makeover and was spending her days running around from party to party, and I knew that any day now she was going to leave me. Plus, she didn't believe me about the ghost and told me that the force that I felt was caused by the fact that the shower curtain didn't go with the bathtub. Strangely, I wasn't at all frightened or upset in the dream.

Then I had a dream about Kevin Spacey. I dreamt that my family had a house at the beach and that he lived next-door to us. I had never been to the beach house before, and so when I arrived, my family sent me next door to introduce myself. His house was huge, with a large deck overlooking the ocean and large windows everywhere. He was very nice (and rather short), and when I shook his hand, his hand was warm and kind of sweaty, as though he were nervous about meeting me. That struck me as very amusing. Then we went into his kitchen and he showed me how to cook salmon for the dinner we were going to have. He sprinkled lime juice over the salmon steaks and then sliced burnt charcoal briquets (sp?) on top of them. Then I woke up.

I like dreams like those, especially the second one: very simple and clear and pleasant. The first one doesn't sound pleasant, but for some reason it was.

By Isolde on Sunday, January 23, 2000 - 03:01 pm:

I had a dream about my friend Patrick from high school last night. It was very odd. I can't remember much of it, but I remember diving into a book at one point to escape him, which is wierd, since he's my friend.

By Gee on Sunday, January 23, 2000 - 07:36 pm:

I had a dream that I went to a party at my school. It was at one of the residences and it didn't look anything at all like it really does.

when I got there I saw the boy I'd made out with. I knew he would be there, even though he hadn't told me, I just knew. I waved at him and just went on my way.

The party I was going to was like a party within a party. The whole res was throwing a shindig, but the one I was going to was just in one room. It was being held by the boy I really like.

There were a whole bunch of people in the room just sitting there. Nobody was doing anything because we were all waiting for the boy I really like to show up and start things off.

Then I got a weird page. it wasn't just normal numbers, it was like scientific symbols, and I kept trying to figure out how to dial it on the phone and nothing worked. a minute later I got another page from a friend of mine. I went outside to phone him back and I realized that I'd lost the phone.

So I walked around the res looking for another phone I could use and I saw the boy that I really liked. He stood really close to me until I was backed up against the wall and he kissed me.

great kiss. great dream.

By J on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 09:13 am:

I wish I could remember my dreams and I wish I could get Harrison Ford in one of them.Took my mom out to eat Sat.night,when the waitress asked me what I wanted,I said Mel Gibson,all I got was spaggetti and garlic bread.

By Isolde on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 12:34 pm:

Your waitress should have been more accomodating. They must have had some Mel Gibson somewhere...

By The Dinner Lady on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 12:41 pm:

I love dreams with 'special guest stars', like celebrities or people you were friends with but a long time ago, I used to have lots of dreams about this guy Brad I knew. He would come and pick me up in his car or we'd just hang around, but I hadn't seen him in about 5 years. I always wonder why my subconcious picks out certain people

By semillama on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 01:13 pm:

No, No there's a shortage of Mel Gibson, ever since the coup in Ecuador.

By J on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 03:13 pm:

I,ll ask for a side of Elvis Costello next time,if anyone ever runs into him,please tell him janny on his birthday tee shirt his fan club sent him this last Aug. still wants him and I,ll do anything he wants.

By Gee on Saturday, January 29, 2000 - 06:27 am:

I just had the most horrifying Sorabji dream! It was a nightmare! Everything in it was distorted and larger than life. I don't know how I made it through without activly realizing that it was a dream.

Nate and Semillama were there. It was awful. Not because they were there, but because of what they did. We were sitting at some table drinking. Not really big bad alcohol, but mixers and coolers and stuff like that. Semillama kept pulling out these bottles and I'd say "Do I like that?" and he'd say "I think so." and we'd drink.

There was this big bottle of vodka on a pillar right behind me and everytime I'd take a swig from the drink Semillama had, I'd turn around and take a swig from the vodka and swish it around in my mouth.

Anyway, Semillama finally pulls out this bottle and gets all excited, because It's Time. "This is Nate's bottle!" he says. big spooky grin.

Right away I start muttering no and I refuse to look and go face the window with my vodka. There's a little umbrella in the opening of Nate's bottle, and he takes it out and (this is the horrifying part) sticks the bottle onto the head of his penis.

Semillama really wants me to turn around and look but I'm way too horrified. I don't even have to turn around because I can see the reflection in the glass of the window. But it gets worse!

I can't see this part because I close my eyes, but somehow I just Know it's happening: Nate starts moving his hips back and forth making the little bottle go flying around in a circle. There's some woman there and she keeps screaming "ISN'T IT GREAT??" and Semillama is laughing and I'm drinking my vodka.

Semillama asks me what I think and I (why? why??) say "I haven't had any." and all the noise and hub-bub stops right away and everyone's shocked. So Nate pulls the bottle off of his penis and hands it to me and that's when I (mercifully) woke up.

god. I don't know if I can go back to sleep after this.

By droopy on Saturday, January 29, 2000 - 09:52 am:

you just made my morning, gee.

By semillama on Saturday, January 29, 2000 - 03:37 pm:

And my afternoon. I'm proud.

Sorry to have disturbed you. In real life, I wouldn't be forcing hard liquor on anyone anymore, but the rest of it is pretty much what i'd do.

By J on Sunday, January 30, 2000 - 11:36 am:

Did that woman have red hair?

By semillama on Sunday, January 30, 2000 - 02:13 pm:

That woman could be any one of the female sorabjiites.

Any volunteers?

By Isolde on Sunday, January 30, 2000 - 02:31 pm:

Nope. My hair's black as the ace of spades.

By Gee on Sunday, January 30, 2000 - 05:41 pm:

I never saw the woman. I just heard her voice.

By Czarina on Monday, January 31, 2000 - 08:17 am:

I resent the [redhead] implication.

I would NEVER scream in caps.

By J on Monday, January 31, 2000 - 09:15 am:

I would,you haven,t seen me in a while,I,m a redhead now,remind me to tell you why I did it.It looks natural cause of my coloring.And if I saw Nate with his penis in a bottle,I,d be howling.

By Markus on Monday, January 31, 2000 - 09:40 am:

Remind me never to accept a drink from Nate.

By J on Monday, January 31, 2000 - 09:57 am:

Markus,never accept a drink from Nate...he has a really wierd "swizzle stick".

By Czarina on Monday, January 31, 2000 - 10:30 am:

I thought it looked more like a little umbrella.

By Patrick on Monday, January 31, 2000 - 01:23 pm:

i saw the Melvins this weekend, WAHOOOOOOO!!!!

king buzzo is still king buzzo, they still rip assholes!

By _____ on Monday, January 31, 2000 - 01:40 pm:

i'm jealous. were they selling "the crybaby"?

By Patrick on Monday, January 31, 2000 - 01:51 pm:

i don't know what you are talking about

By _____ on Monday, January 31, 2000 - 03:51 pm:

should i explain?

By Patrick on Monday, January 31, 2000 - 05:02 pm:

if you like, I admit to not being the biggest melvins conniseurre, there music has always seemed appropriate background more times than i can count.......this was my first time seeing them live

whatever anyone was selling, i wasn't buying, i was kinda ill, they didn't serve alcohol at this particular club........at least on this night. being a benefit for the local college radio, they knew there would be lots of underage kiddies there, so we smuggled in a few ass-pockets of whisky.........

By _____ on Monday, January 31, 2000 - 05:16 pm:

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    12.27.99 IPECAC

Melvins complete Ipecac trilogy with release of "The Crybaby"

Following up the 1999 release of two albums, “The Maggot” and “The Bootlicker”, The Melvins will complete their trilogy for Ipecac Records with the highly anticipated February 8th release of “The Crybaby”.
    The band, one of the most uncompromising bands in recent history, is joined by an incredibly diverse group of guest artists. This star-studded list includes Jim Foetus, Tool, David Yow (Jesus Lizard), Kevin Sharpe (Brutal Truth) , Henry Bogner (Helmet) and Mike Patton (Mr. Bungle/ex-Faith No More and Ipecac Records mogul).

“The Crybaby” also marks the long-awaited return of 70’s teen idol (and VH1’s “Behind The Music” poster child) Leif Garrett performing the ultimate `90s alterna-anthem “Smells Like Teen Spirit”.

Tracks include:

Smells Like Teen Spirit / Leif Garrett
    Blockbuster / David Yow
    Ramblin’ Man / Hank Williams III and Henry Bogner
    G.I. Joe / Mike Patton
    Mine Is No Disgrace / Jim Foetus
    Spineless / Skeleton Key
    Tool / Tool
    The Man With The Laughing Hand Is Dead / Bliss Blood
    Oakie From Muskogee / Hank Williams III and Henry Bogner
    Dry Drunk / David Yow and Godzik Pink
    Moon Pie / Kevin Sharpe

Mevins “The Crybaby”
    In stores February 8th, 2000

By Patrick on Monday, January 31, 2000 - 05:21 pm:

i don't recall there being a table with shit for sale......i did indeed read about that release though the name didn't click right away.......

By Rhiannon on Monday, January 31, 2000 - 05:27 pm:

By semillama on Monday, January 31, 2000 - 06:57 pm:

I have to get it, Hank Williams mark 3 is on it. Damn. And I was goona stop buying cds.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact