Wounded animals

sorabji.com: Dreamland: Wounded animals
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spider on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 10:32 am:

For two nights now I've dreamt about wounded animals. I think this is odd.

Two nights ago, it was a wounded cat. A white cat that (I believe) I was house-sitting had injured her hind limbs in some way. I picked her up and had to hold her very tightly so that she couldn't squirm around and bite me. She wasn't a bad cat, but she was injured and might bite me out of fear and pain. I knew I must have been hurting her because I was holding her by her hind limbs and there was blood all over my hands and running down my arms. The cat and I had a human understanding between us -- she could either talk or we could communicate mentally. I did my best to calm her down and spent much of the dream running around looking for an animal hospital.

Last night's dream involved a yellow lab or golden retriever puppy whose hind leg was broken. My memory of the dream is fuzzy, but I think the puppy was a neighborhood dog that I saw playing with a couple of other dogs on the front lawn of some public building. It didn't seem to be in pain, but I could see that it wasn't putting any weight on one of its back legs, and the leg was crooked. I hunted around for a payphone so I could call an animal rescue service, but I woke up before I found one.

Actually, maybe it's the animal hospital/Animal Control that's the common theme. A couple of weeks ago, I had a dream that I was visiting someone's house, and their pet snake escaped from its cage and tried to constrict me. The person I was visiting was completely oblivious and didn't do a thing to help me, so I dragged myself (with the snake) to the phone and called Animal Control.

I wonder what all of this means.

By patrick on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 01:02 pm:

i saw a dead cat on my street the other night. it happened in the 5 minute span of time in which i walked to the quickie mart and back.

i hate seeing dead animals in the road, fucking ruins my day.

By eri on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 01:19 pm:

When we were living in Cali I went back to Missouri to visit my ex's family (it was his Dad's 50th birthday right before Christmas so we had a huge party and everyone from all over the country came, except my ex). They had two little dogs, Chivas and Smoky, who were inseperable. The party went well, except for Tom's sister but I just pulled her aside and kept her occupied so that she didn't bug the others. The dogs got out. No big deal, they do that all of the time, right? The party was winding down and everyone went to go find the dogs and bring them home before they left. I was out back keeping Barbie occupied. Next thing I know little Lonnie Jr. came out and said that Chivas was dead, got run over not even a block away. I ran inside immediately. Everyone was standing in a circle staring at Linda (my ex's mom) as she cried hysterically. They just stood watching her. It pissed me off. I ran over to her and put my arms around her and she started finally talking and we talked through it as much as we could (this was a big shock) and I took care of her, got her to sit, drink, talk and calm down, comforting her as much as I could. I cried with her. I cried with Jim (my ex's dad). Everyone stood around and watched us. Finally, Tom's brother, Rob came in from looking for him, figured it out and went out to get the dog off of the road (he had to get shovels, it was awful). The whole thing still makes me angry. I am the "outsider" who divorced their alcoholic idiot of a family member, but when something bad happens in their family it is always ME who takes care of Jim and Linda while the entire catholic polish menagerie of a million idiots stand around watching. And I had to leave saying "Happy Birthday Jim" as if it was anything but.

We treat pets as parts of the family. Some think we are weird for it, but who cares. When you lose a family member it hurts. I hate when things like this happen. I don't mind taking care of Jim or Linda in any way, but I hate when you have something so sad happen and all your entire family can do is stand and watch you cry. I hate losing pets. I hate unfeeling people.

By Spider on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 04:04 pm:

Ah, I think I know...Patrick reminded me. This weekend, I was in PA, and I drove by the house I lived in from age 4-12. I passed a particular spot on a nearby road and remembered riding my bike past it one evening and finding a dead cat lying peacefully (as though sleeping) on the embankment. That must have stuck in my brain...that and those "animal rescue" programs I watched on Animal Planet over Xmas vacation.

By Platypus on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 05:05 pm:

I think you had a leg theme.

All of these dreams about injured animals are disturbing me...I'm worried about my cats while I'm in Vermont. Bleh. I have a whole week to live through. I would have preferred to come here for two intensive days rather than a week and a half of lots of free time. Bleh.

By Spider on Monday, December 15, 2003 - 11:29 am:

I've recently had a couple more dreams about animals with injured hind legs. What the heck could this mean?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact