founddreams

sorabji.com: Dreamland: founddreams
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By droopy on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 11:12 am:

there's a Goodwill donation station near where I work. it closes at five and i get off work at six or later (depending on my schedule). so when i pass by it on the way to the busstop there are often a lot of after-hours donations dumped at its door. i have to admit, i have been known to take stuff that catches my eye. (who's it going to go to otherwise, some cripple in a wheelchair? besides, i'm not the only after-hours shopper there) on friday i found some kid's dream journal - a notebook specifally made for dreams with black pages that you write your dreams in with a white marker. there are several entries scrawled out on unlined black paper in a floating text that sometimes looks like alphabet soup in black tar broth (imagine you could bang the side of your computer and jumble the sorabji text). but i find them interesting.

By droopy on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 11:14 am:

I had this dream
    Dream title: Boot Camp #1
    Date: Unknown
    Cast: My 5th grade class, Mrs. Apostle, Goblins, A strange monk
    Location: Mrs Apostles room, & a castle somewhere in the world
    What happened? During math class Emmanuel said “This stuff sucks” so Miss Apostle says “OK, I’ll send you to Medival boot camp”. So we went & picked our weapons & after a bit of practice we all took baths & (to my horror) Aaron made out with my cousin Amber. I for, some reason was, out with a monk with a key around his neck that opened the vents so he could get around the castle fast. Suddenly I heard Jenny cry, “Bunny’s DEAAAD!” Bunny was Tessa, who was speared in the head by goblins. To end the dream I started reading my Final F[?????] VIII Players Guide & said: “That’s tragic.”

By droopy on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 11:18 am:

I had this dream
    Dream Title: Jackers
    Date: 2/28/03
    Cast: Me, Travis Cox, a Hispanic man, & a Hispanic gang & Levi
    Location: My house, a parking garage, & Lily B. Clayton [a Fort Worth elementary school].
    What happened: On my brother’s birthday he gets a buch of toys including Magneto, Superman, Batman, & Spiderman. Travis is at the party & we go steal Levi’s toys, grab him while we’re at it & walk to a parking garage. All of the toys have special properties, like Batman can glide, Spiderman has a hook he can swing on, Superman can also glide, & best of all Magneto can magnitize to things. When we reach the garage we meet a Hispanic man who is interested in Levi’s toys so we let him play with them. Soon a Hispanic gang came along & jacked the toys & jacked them up to sorta gangsterize them. Then the Hispanic man, who still had Magneto said we should run so we grabbed a motercycle & he told us to go twards the window, to the ground 5 stories away. So we did. While this was happening he had jacked up the Magneto to have a super high electro magnet on a string! Using Magneto we swing on a tree out of the parking garage & on to my street! While we were driving towards Lily B. the gangsters started following us on a motercycle. I asked the man how he knew how to jack up that toy & he said he was part of the gang. Travis got mad at him & took over the motercycle. When he tried to swing onto the roof of Lily B. but misses & hits the bushes & we tumble over the air conditioner & in the process knock out the gang. We get the toys back & jack them & as we go home the man says “Not all jackers are bad!”

By droopy on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 11:21 am:

I had this dream
    Dream Title: Boot Camp #2
    Date: Unknonw
    Cast: Me, My 5th grade class, a group of creepy possessed kids
    What happened: I am assigned to a job after graduating from Boot Camp. The job is a hotel somewhere on a beach & has been infested by a bunch of kids that once ruled over humans /\/\/\/\ possessing them. We go in & seize the 7th floor cafiteria & start battling them. Unfortunatly if the kids are touched they possess the toucher. Soon every one is possessed except for me & Aaron & we finally discover that there is a dryer that could destroy the kids. But just at the last second Aaron is possessed. Luckily, I open the dryer & destroy all the kids & we return to the castle victorias.

By droopy on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 11:22 am:

i wonder if spider will notice the biblical names: mrs. apostle, aaron, levi...

By droopy on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 11:23 am:

Dream Scoreboard

Keep track of your dreams for awhile. You can learn a lot with statistics

Feel good dreams: 1
    Boring, no feeling dreams: [0]
    Just plain weird dreams: 8
    Feel bad dreams: 3

By ibid on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 11:25 am:

Test of a really good friend? Whether or not they’re willing to listen to each and every one of your dreams AT LENGTH!

AARON WILL!

By ibid on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 11:28 am:

I had this dream
    Dream title: Boot Camp #3
    Date: Unknown
    Cast: Me, my Dad, Aaron, Aaron’s dad, a red-haired girl named Emily
    What happened: It was summer I was on vaction from my boot camp job in some weird city by the ocean with my dad. I met a red-haired girl named Emily & fall in love with her. I finally break the ice with her & she asks me on the weirdest date ever. She wants some company going below the sea to assasinate an evil blobular skeletonman. So Aaron, me, my dad, & her go under water (we can somehow breathe) to search for his city. Underwater I learn Emily can transform into any plant she wants to. Mostly carnivorous ones. After a day of hard walking (?) we stop to rest & Emily goes off to turn into a purple plant that spews poison [here he has drawn a picture of a flower ] out of a hole in it & to sleep she sleeps in a crowd of plants just like them & I get the honor of waking her up. Me We walk more twords the Jelliskeleton city & Emily & I converse a whole lot along the way holding hands. We finally get there & learn it has a parking lot. We go inside & I stop for a drink at the Hard Rock cafe only to meet Jelliskeleton himself. He warns me to stay away because he is deadly to the touch & I left my sword outside. “Someone in your group will betray you.” He warns. These words haunt me until we reach a courtyard with Jelliskeleton’s picture at the entrance. Emily goes into the middle of the yard & says “Yes…” then becomes Jelliskeleton. Emily was Jelli! We run out of the town with Jelli at our heels & grab a SUV from the parking lot & Aaron, who is driving, runs Jelliskeleton over. As we drive away my heartbreak sets in. I wake up.

Note! Aaron has a tail in all the boot camp dreams.

By ibid on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 11:32 am:

I want to have this dream
    Dream Title: The real Emily (or) Boot Camp #7
    Date: 3/3/03 or any time
    Cast: Me, red head Emily, Jelliskeleton

What happened? I run away from the castle, plauged by memories of who Emily would be & determined that she does exist. I go to the sea & sink to the bottom, walking nonstop to Jelliskeletons city [“castle” is written and crossed out]. It is now a fort. I break down the door of the fort & take out many jelligoblins before getting dragged to dungeon. I then trick the guard who gives me a food & water & escape. I sneak in the night to the court yard where Jelliskeleton revealed himself. I try everthing, knowing this is where Emily is & my love for her opens a tunnel that leads to Jelliskeletons lair who has Emily as a flower in a pot. We duel & I slay him & Emily turns back into a human & kisses me. Hand in hand we walk wherever the hell we want.

Note: I want Emily to be my girlfriend

By ibid on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 11:39 am:

I had this dream

Dream title: My death
    Date: 3/1/03
    cast: Me, Michael Fine, The Kingpin
    what happened: I am in my house. There are a lot of people & I know I am going to die soon. I have eaten a poisonous berry. The Kingpin from Spiderman has offered to put me to death by putting a crystal cane around my neck. I said goodbye to everyone. I go to die in Levi's room & find Michael Fine. He asks why I have to go. I say "I'll be waiting!" then I lay on the bed, put the cane around my neck & die

Note: This dream was not in the least bit scary. It was oddly satisfying. I felt at peace when I died & it was a good experience

By ibid on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 11:42 am:

A list of strange people who have no business being in my dreams (but here they are anyway!). I don't get it!

1. Emily/Jelliskeleton
    2. Cassandra

By ibid on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 11:55 am:

I had this dream
    TITLE: BOOT CAMP #[4 or 9]
    Cast: Mackenzie (across street), me, Ethan Rosenthal
    What happened: I am assigned with a new partner: Mackenzie. Our first mission together is to find Travis, who has valuable information for us. Mackenzie's house has become huge somehow, including a rollercoaster & jungle gym. Insider her house's Royal passageways. I meet a witch who is putting a curse on the house. I attempt to stop her, but Mackenzie says we need to get to Travis. We leave the house & go to Travis's house, which is being guarded by Ethan Rosenthal. He tells us Travis's domain is deep within a maze of isles. In one Isle I find a complete wardrobe made of glass & Mackenzie forces met to try it on. I do & find it comfortable & makes me stronger & faster. We find Travis eventually who tells us that we must find the Flower of Darkness & destroy it to open the path into the Dark World. Contemplating Travis's words we head back into Mackenzie's house where I see the witch. I chase her through the house & dive through a window after her & we battle on a huge tree, ending with her plummeting to her doom. Mackenzie appears at the window & tells me, axe in hand, it was time to go.

By ibid on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 12:19 pm:

I had this dream
    Title: BOOT CAMP #5
    Cast: Me, Mackenzie
    What happened: Mackenzie & I (still wearing grass [last time it looked like "glass"] clothes) march off to destroy the Tower of Darkness. It is located at Lily B. Clayton, where the caverns of sun & moon are the caverns are twisting stone passages, some beautiful lush, others dark & bleak. I find a CD in there I like & tell myself to come back later. I lose my way & can't to find the CD or get out of the caverns. Luckily, Mackenzie finds me & gets me out, saying something popped up outside. The tower had appeared, & shadow-pteridactyls were coming from it, attacking us. For awhile I launch Mackenzie up to the tower's top & she strikes its power source, destroying it.

By ibid on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 01:10 pm:

I had this Dream
    Dream Title: BOOT CAMP #6

Date: ??

Cast: Veronica--homelessgirl, old man, me, Dillon

Location: Large Parking Garage, Temple of Darkness, The Dark World
    What happened? I am assigned to a large parking garage & told to help the homeless people who live there. I meet a girl named Veronica, with beautiful long hair, & fall in love with her. Feeling guilty, I run away, remembering Emily. I meet another homeless person the next day, an old man, who tells me that Veronica has run off to the Temple of Darkness to help Dillon fight an evil wizard from the Dark World. I rush to the Temple, sword in hand and help Veronica & Dillon slay the wizard. Veronica, who is fighting with a bladed comb(!), slashes at the wizard. The wizard blasts at her with a ray of pure darkness but Dillon jumps in the way (he fights with a sword too) & is killed by the blast instead of Veronica. Blinded with rage I stab the wizard through the heart & he evaporates leaving a portal to the dark world. Dillon gives us one last word: "Go to the dark world, find my last message on the phantom plateau." Then he too evaporates. I start to enter the portal but Veronica says we're in this together. We enter the Dark World & come out of the portal in a courtyard containing a seal of a moon on the grass in the middle. I look down at my bare feet & weave some shoes out of the grass for them, then set off for Phantom Plateau.

By ibid on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 01:49 pm:

I had this dream

TITLE: BOOT CAMP #7
    Cast: Dillon, Veronica, Evil Dark Bus Driver, Me
    Location: Garden in Phantom Plateau, bridge to Phantom Plateau, bus (Dark World)
    What Happened: Veronica & I reach the bridge leading across the abyss to Phantom Plateau. A bus is waiting for us there when we get in we are the only ones there. All the way to the Plateau, the Driver insults us, and when we get there she says: "You're from the Light World, you don't fool me." And draws two knives. Veronica & I fight with her & win, exiting the bus we go into the garden on the plateau & find a picture of a Poe from Zelda [? - ed.] on the wall. We touch it, & with Dillon's voice it says: "I'm not really dead." Then Dillon appears behind us and we rejoice, at getting him back.

By ibid on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 02:03 pm:

Dream title: BOOT CAMP #8

Date: 7/2#/03
    Cast: Fred & George Weasly, Veronica, Dillon, Mad Eye Moody

What happened: Dillon, Veronica & I walk the streets of the Dark World, searching for a clue of where to go next, when we see a poster for "combat training" taught by Mad-eye Moody. We go to the [?????] which is a mall, & Madeye takes us to a big room full of multicolored walls, celings, floors, doors, windows, and stairs. He tells us to try to defy gravity and we - along with the other students, Fred & George - walk along the walls and celings. He congratulates us, & takes out of the room. He then tells us that we were plugged into the Matrix, & to check for holes in our neck. The holes are there on all of us. Moody says we will be his army against the Light World. Fred & George are plugged back in, but with our supreme fighting skill, we escape into the Dillards of the mall. Dillon tells us there he has been working undercover for Boot Camp for years on the Dark World case. he says that the Dark World will use Fred & George in the Matrix to attack the minds of the Light World. Then I wake up.

By droopy on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 02:04 pm:

dream journal ends.

By agatha on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 03:13 pm:

Those are awesome. This kid should be a writer. Any name in there, so you can send him a letter?

By droopy on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 03:41 pm:

no name, no "this journal belongs to..."

it's a mystery, like it's from the dark world.

By semillama on Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 01:05 pm:

The one reference to Final Fantasy really puts these dreams in
    persepctive.

By droopy on Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 03:52 pm:

thank you, sem. it looks like "Final Fartay" in the journal, though i assumed it was some video game. i haven't played a video game since my last game of 'space invaders' in 1985. there are references to comic book merchandise and harry potter. any other references people can pick out would be welcome. i couldn't find "jelliskeleton" in a google search, but i did find jelli fungi and "tree ears", which then made me think of the bosch sketch the forest that hears and the field that sees. makes me wonder if some kid in the 16th century ever had crazy-ass dreams inspired by bosch paintings.

By Spider on Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 10:49 pm:

How does he manage to have dreams that fit into a series? I want those.

I've dreamt about Magneto. I've had maybe 3 dreams in the past 3 months in which I was an X-Man (X-person), and they were, like, real and a video game at the same time.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact