wear this!

sorabji.com: What are you wearing?: wear this!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By heather on Friday, April 21, 2006 - 01:22 am:

a friend fell out of a 3-story window and had to be air-lifted to the hospital. as it happens, there was no insurance involved. a shirt has been designed and will be produced with proceeds going to assist with the bill.

get one, and maybe ask your friends to get one, too:
    http://www.valerium.net/steve/

By droopy on Friday, April 21, 2006 - 01:59 pm:

how's your friend doing? a fall of only two stories put me in a wheelchair.

a falling guy t-shirt appeals to me.

By heather on Friday, April 21, 2006 - 02:38 pm:

personally, i think the design is awesome, and she's only using one color so that black/grey thing going on in the picture won't really happen [and i am glad of that.]

he is apparently a god-of-coffee barrista or whatnot [i don't drink it] thus the, "stick to coffee"

he fell on brick and stone and a metal planter box and i have no idea why his injuries were not more severe or fatal. as it is, he broke his ankle and has several fractures in his back but no major nerve damage.

he is already getting around although i think he is supposed to stay in bed, he was very lucky.

if anyone wants to get a shirt and would rather go through me, that's fine too.

By heather on Friday, April 21, 2006 - 02:42 pm:

heh, i guess the grey thing is gone... nevermind!

anyway, they are going to stop taking orders [maybe in as short as a week? i'm not sure why this is] so get to it!

By sarah on Friday, April 21, 2006 - 03:45 pm:

that shirt is pretty funny.

glad your friend is okay though, jeez.

By Nate on Friday, April 21, 2006 - 09:11 pm:

a friend of mine's stay in the hospital, not including any of the doctor's fees, was $22K. that is one night to remove an appendix.

he told them he didn't have insurance, and they cut it down to like $2K.

By TBone on Friday, April 21, 2006 - 09:39 pm:

Cool shirt. I had some money languishing in my paypal account.

Tell this Steve fellow to get well soon.

By agatha on Friday, April 21, 2006 - 10:52 pm:

I very much like that tshirt. Has your friend applied for Medicaid, heather? I guess it's Medi-Cal there. He might qualify because of the enormity of his bills.

By jack on Friday, June 9, 2006 - 07:31 pm:

i'm wearing my "stick to coffee" shirt

By TBone on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 12:08 pm:

Me too.

By droopy on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 04:43 pm:

yesterday is was wearing a t-shirt that says: "evolution amber ale...created in 27 days - darwin approved - not 7...wasatch beers, park city, utah." a friend who had just been to utah gave it to me. i understand they also have a "polygamy beer...why have just one?"

while i was at the downtown bus/train station yesterday, i saw a young guy wearing a t-shirt with a wizard on the front. he - the wizard on the shirt - was waving his hands at you and above him was smoke or bubbles or something and the words "turn to shit."

By jack on Saturday, July 12, 2014 - 07:26 pm:

i'm wearing my "stick to coffee" shirt again, eight years later. i wonder how steve is.

By heather on Sunday, July 13, 2014 - 02:08 am:

I just saw him yesterday. He's great.
    Healthy. Has a baby.
    Not in debtors' prison.

By jack on Sunday, July 13, 2014 - 10:28 am:

wow, that's great! thanks!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact