ANSWER THIS RIDDLE AND WIN NOTHING!

sorabji.com: Words: ANSWER THIS RIDDLE AND WIN NOTHING!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Fetidbeaver on Sunday, October 24, 1999 - 09:40 am:

OK, here's a riddle passed on by a friend who is trying to solve it. I'm hung over and don't give a shit. If you like riddles, post your answer or email it to (Tanya) STORM56@webtv.net

Here's the riddle:

a word there is of plural number foe to ease and tranquil slumber any other word you take and add an "s" will plural make; but if you add an "s" to this so strange the metamorphisis; plural is now plural no more and sweet what bitter was before.

WHAT IS THE WORD?

By Cyst on Sunday, October 24, 1999 - 02:18 pm:

was asked at a party last night, what are the three words in the english language that contain the letters n-g-r-y in that order? besides hungry and angry.

By Brainless on Sunday, October 24, 1999 - 03:46 pm:

i hate you both. now i'll be thinking about both of these all day.

ok, here are the answers:

lumber - a plural noun because it means "a whole bunch of pieces of wood." it keeps you up at night because you are a bleeding-heart type who is deeply concerned with the ravages of clear-cut logging and general deforestation.

you add an -s to the previous word and get slumber - a noun meaning "a total lack of consciousness in which you couldn't give a rat's ass about forests, trees, woodland creatures, oyxgen, etc." which is sweet.

answer 2:

ungryphonlike - "conduct unbecoming a mythical creature with the head and body of an eagle and the body of a lion."

By See what i mean on Sunday, October 24, 1999 - 03:48 pm:

head and wings.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact