Entertained Thoughts Of HOMICIDE.

sorabji.com: Have you ever...: Entertained Thoughts Of HOMICIDE.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Fb on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 05:34 pm:

I feel driven to revenge. So many things have gone wrong this year, I feel driven to this final act. With everything I lose, I feel the pull get stronger. Like a moth towards the flame, it will destroy me but......who cares.....revenge.....

By Isolde on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 06:40 pm:

Feeling vengeful is ok. In fact, you have a right too. But actually acting out revenge never ends up as planned.
    And remember, as I said in my first complete, correctly pronounced, enlish sentance:
    Revenge is a dish best served cold.
    I can't rememver what my first real (greek) sentance was.

By Fb on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 07:00 pm:

Haven't you everthing going on around you is for a purpose and is pushing you to your pre-planned destiny? I can remember (during childhood) thinking that if anyone ever harmed Joe, I would kill them. It seems strange that these thoughts would occur over and over until it happened. I was raised a "good Christian boy" but I have serious doubts that God exists. Kind of like the adult version of Santa Claus. Be good because he's always watching you blah blah blah......

By Fb on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 07:26 pm:

I think I'll have a cig and go to bed.....

By patrick on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 07:28 pm:

dude, you have kids to take care of first and foremost. considering their mother is unable to take care, they need you.....revenge of this sort would do you no good....be a father first.....

to quote the flaming lips..(set to accoustic happy music....)

"...you hate your boss at your job........ (or the asshole who killed your brother and a fireman), but in your dreams you can blow his head off, in your dreams show no mercy......(chorus and drums kick in) and all your bad days will end......you have to sleep late when can.....and all your bad days will end....."

By Wavy on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 07:45 pm:

Isolde, I hate to be a sanctimonious ass, but the copyeditor in me is screaming.

It's sentence, not sentance.

</sanctimonious ass off>

Sorry, but I just can't help but edit people.
    If it makes you feel better, I almost mis-spelled your name before I posted this. And I mis-spelled sanctimonious and caught it in the preview window.

Feel free to point out any glaring english/spelling mistakes I've made in the past, or any future goofs as well.

By Cat on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 08:10 pm:

Point of order!

The human in you should also hate sentences beginning "I hate to be a sanctimonious ass but...", because only someone who really is a sanctimonious ass would start with that disclaimer, as if it excuses whatever follows.

By Wavy on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 08:25 pm:

*cowers*

By Wavy on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 08:25 pm:

*cowers*

By Cat on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 08:50 pm:

Now I feel bad. Want some chocolate?

By Isolde on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 08:55 pm:

Don't feel bad. He deserves reprimand.
    I can't spell sentance. I know this, ok. Jesus fucking christ. I was the resident writer in high school and everyone made fun of me because I can't fucking spell sentance! JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, I KNOW ALREADY!

By Isolde on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 09:20 pm:

But you can give me the chocolate, because I can't find vegan chocolate anywhere in this godforsaken state.

By Bell_jar on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 10:00 pm:

Fb-- could i have your email address?

By Fb on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 10:06 pm:

Here it is

By Antigone on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 10:20 pm:

Don't let it destroy you, fb.

By Fb on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 10:35 pm:

It's hard not to. On a brighter note, tommorrow is my son's first football game (7th grade) and he's the biggest on the team. I can't wait....kick some ass...kick some ass....kick some ass....kick some ass.................................

By Antigone on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 10:55 pm:

It may be cliche, but the best revenge is living
    your life

By Isolde on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 11:36 pm:

Yay FB! I hope your son rocks the football scene. Antigone gives sound advice. Don't let the rage eat you up inside.

By pez on Thursday, September 21, 2000 - 01:50 am:

all i have to say about revenge...two words:

read hamlet.

By Tom on Thursday, September 21, 2000 - 05:20 am:

THE resident writer? In a school full of art-fags and hippies? *sigh*

As far as revenge goes: Can you honestly live your life in a healthy, happy way, without trying your damndest to make his life a living hell?

If so, more power to you. You're a better man than I.

Hamlet, Schmamlet. Hammy bites it because he fails to take decisive action. NOT because of his lust for revenge, which is perfectly normal, natural, and healthy. The only moral in hamlet is "Do what you've gotta do, and do it all the way, balls out, until it's done."

now THERE is some great advice from Mr. Shakespeare. Or is that was Pez was trying to say?

By Tom on Thursday, September 21, 2000 - 05:21 am:

er. WHAT Pez was trying to say. Not "was," but "what."

Damnit, Wavy. Now I'm getting paranoid.

By Isolde on Thursday, September 21, 2000 - 12:06 pm:

Ok. Let's put it this way, since someone's getting snarky. I was the one who was encouraged to apply to every writing scholarship in the district (along with only two or three others) when I left.
    I was also the one everyone assumed was going to become a writer.
    I was also the only one who wrote any content for the school's literary digest. Well, it was once a literary digest, but became a newspaper, which became a sheet of paper with an article by me on it, since I was the only one who ever wrote there.
    I was also the teachers aide in all the English classes.
    I was also the one expected to edit people's lame essays when they didn't want the teachers to look at them yet.

Ok? So go stick your head in my puke filled trashcan.

By Isolde on Thursday, September 21, 2000 - 12:23 pm:

P.S. Yeah, I'm a bitch today. But only to people who deserve it. Like my roomate. Like the stupid lady at the post office who wouldn't fucking let go of her package so I could weigh it. Like the stupid lady in my shoes who keeps biting my ankles. Damnit. I need new shoes. I also need to not feel like I have to be a bitch to defend myself against unwarrented allegations. I also feel like I want a damn real address. I also feel like I wish someone back home would talk to me, because it's lonely here. I also think that I have a huge headache and I don't want to go back to work but I have to so I can afford to live here with the puking rude roomate who eats all my food and never buys toilet paper and never fills the brita and is filthy and messy and gross and unpleasent to live with.
    Goddamnit.

By pez on Thursday, September 21, 2000 - 12:51 pm:

isolde, you're a postal worker?

hamlet was only trying to assassinate his uncle, right? but at the end, everyone bites it except for hamlet's best friend. ophelia, polonius, the queen, the king, and polonius's son (i can't remember his name) and of course hamlet.

bloody hell. i think that's as warlike the danes ever got.

By Trace on Thursday, September 21, 2000 - 01:36 pm:

Isolde, I think you need a nice, refreshing Smint.

By Isolde on Thursday, September 21, 2000 - 03:00 pm:

I'm a postal worker slowly going postal. And yes, everyone dies at the end of Hamlet. It's very sad.
    Polonius: while hidden behind a curtain listening in on Hamlet and Gertrude is run through with Hamlet's sword.
    Ophelia: goes slowly insane and drowns herself.
    Laertes, Claudius, and Hamlet all die from poisoned swords.
    Gertrude dies from poisoned wine intended for Hamlet (courtesy of Claudius).
    Horatio lives to give "the rest is silence" speech. (Drastically edited when Hamlet's finger is broken by overeager sword fighting on Laerte's part.)
    That's about it. Hamlet's pretty messed up.

By pez on Thursday, September 21, 2000 - 03:35 pm:

oh and rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead! it's actualy a pretty good play.

By Isolde on Thursday, September 21, 2000 - 03:37 pm:

Oh, that's right. We cut Rosencrantz and Guildenstern because we didn't have enough characters. Our theatre was lame.

By pez on Thursday, September 21, 2000 - 03:42 pm:

it happens. they're goofy.

i think i'll do some more room cleaning and get some macheesmo. yum yum yum.

i still think that's as warlike as the danes ever got. they're pretty easygoing. and they love indians (leather not the cloth).

By Tom on Thursday, September 21, 2000 - 03:53 pm:

Okay. Sorry for being snarky. Speaking of resident writers, How's the ineffable K. Zimmer doing? People back home just wrote you last night.

Pez: the real tragedy of it is that if hamlet had just seen the evidence, walked up to Claudius and said "hey, asshole! You killed my father!" and killed him, getting it overwith, only Claudius would've died. Sure, the kingdom might've been thrown into civil war, but that surely happened, anyhow, when EVERYONE died. Hamlet's tragedy is that he is frozen by indecision; he knows too much, sees both sides of everything, and this knowledge paralyzes him; in an attempt to not hurt the wrong people, or too many people, he hurts everyone.

By pez on Thursday, September 21, 2000 - 05:57 pm:

the people hated claudius. didn't you hear the soldiers talking in the first scene (before the ghost?)? hamlet was the rightful king.

By Isolde on Thursday, September 21, 2000 - 06:02 pm:

K. Zimmer is rocking the scene here. I'm actually meeting with him later tonight to do all the things people do late at night, except without the bootie. No, really. We're reading about witch trials and drinking tea and devouring smints. It should be much fun.
    And Kenyon is _so_ my writing superior. My little ego runs and hides when it sees him strolling down the streets.

By semillama on Thursday, September 21, 2000 - 06:03 pm:

Spamlet is the rightful meat product!

Isolde, you're greek?

By Isolde on Thursday, September 21, 2000 - 06:08 pm:

Um, I was born in California, and then my parents moved to Greece and lived there for a longass time. So I learned Greek before English, basically. My first English word was "hot." But my first sentance really was "revenge is a dish best served cold." My family were sadistic little fucks. Anyway. Yeah. Born and raised Eastern Orthodox. I talked about this somewhere else, I think. On the posssesion thread, maybe.

By Tom on Thursday, September 21, 2000 - 06:34 pm:

Yes, my little pezzito, but anytime you have a prince killing a king, you're running the risk of a civil war. Really. Try it sometime. There will always be powermongers and suckups, with names like Polonius, rosenkrantz, guildenstern, Voltemund, etc, who were in the usurpers pants, and liked it there. Anyhow.

R&K are dead is a greatgreat play. We once built a set for it in 24 hours... I was on 4 hours of sleep at the time. It was wonderful. Tom Stoppard is a genius.

By Isolde on Thursday, September 21, 2000 - 10:15 pm:

He is. I totally love Stoppard. I want to marry him. Or be him. Even better. But he's the only man I'll ever marry. I feel kind of bad for R&K, since everyone cuts them...KZ says hi, by the way.

By Tom on Thursday, September 21, 2000 - 10:39 pm:

If he wanted to say hi, he could bloody well right me himself, the little ... arg. Kenyon Zimmer, thou art to me as really good sex: incredible, yet elusive.

By Isolde on Thursday, September 21, 2000 - 11:00 pm:

Kenyon doesn't like to write people, he doesn't have you your phone number and address, and he know that I communicate with you, so he was sending his heartfelt greetings, you ungrateful wretch! *gets out the paddle*

By Tom on Friday, September 22, 2000 - 04:01 pm:

Quote: "Kenyon is _so_ my writing superior."

Quote: "Kenyon doesn't like to write people"

right, then.

By Isolde on Friday, September 22, 2000 - 08:27 pm:

Yup. He writes a damn sight better than I do.
    Communication and writing are two entirely differnt things. You know this. I know this.

By Gee on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 01:45 am:

heh. you said Snarky. neat.

Kellerman lives on!

I will never never let go.

By Isolde on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 02:04 am:

Snarky became part of my vocabulary early on. It's such a cool word, you know?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact