Have you ever had the experience of using a bidet?

sorabji.com: Have you ever...: Have you ever had the experience of using a bidet?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Monday, February 23, 1998 - 06:33 am:
    This to me seems like it would be the most incredible feeling in the world, let alone a great way to make sure you are completely clean. I'm wondering where I could go nearby to test one. I'm in Washington, D.C. Any clues?

By Clean as a Whistle on Monday, February 23, 1998 - 11:12 am:
    No, no clues. Not a one. Nope, nada, zilch...

Closest I've ever come is using my Waterpik Shower Head...ummmmmmmm!

By Shade on Monday, February 23, 1998 - 01:29 pm:
    My Aunt had a bidet in her house on the beach. One night when my mother and I were on vacation we got wasted and ended up in the bathroom. We wanted to see how high up the bidet would shoot. Much to the expensive wallpapers chagrin that puppy shot so high it was spraying off of 12 foot ceilings. That makes me think that there might just be something as too clean. If you lost control of that thing your intestines would be hanging out of your eyeballs. OUCH!!

By Golden Boy on Monday, February 23, 1998 - 05:04 pm:
    Hmm, my dad's ex wife had one in her house and I looked at it quite perplexed...hmmm water fountain for dogs was my first impression...

What was it's purpose anyhow??? It looked cool, and my dog liked it..but not my stepmother at the time....

woof woof woof

By Spiracle on Monday, February 23, 1998 - 08:17 pm:
    when i was little i use to go over to my friends house to play, and her parents had one..

we didn't know any better..we would turn it on
    really low and wash our feet...

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Monday, February 23, 1998 - 10:40 pm:
    SO no one has said if they ever used one the proper way...?

By My Feet Are Clean As A Whistle on Tuesday, February 24, 1998 - 08:29 am:
    You mean it is NOT for washing your feet? *G*

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Tuesday, February 24, 1998 - 08:32 am:
    LOL

By Golden Boy on Tuesday, February 24, 1998 - 09:01 am:
    I am telling you, my dog used it in the proper way...

It's a water fountain for pets!!

Sheesh, why won't you accept this..

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Tuesday, February 24, 1998 - 09:09 am:
    ROTFLMAO@Golden Boy. Ok dude... whatever you say!!!

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Saturday, June 27, 1998 - 10:52 am:
    I'm still wondering, you know. I think one would have come in quite handy with my Roids this week.

By PetRock on Sunday, June 28, 1998 - 04:34 pm:
    I would think it would hurt too much on hemmoroids....you know if they can shoot 12 feet in the air, imagine what it would feel like if your ass was less than 12 inches above the spray....OUCH

By Danny on Thursday, July 16, 1998 - 04:03 am:
    I've never used a bidet, but I can identify with Clean as a Whistle's shower head experience

By Liam on Thursday, July 16, 1998 - 12:54 pm:
    If you want to test drive a bidet in D.C., why not try the French embassy?

By Willy Nilly on Friday, July 21, 2000 - 12:32 pm:

It seems as though this thread is kind of dead, but I'll post what I know of bidets for y'all.

My parents' house has a bidet. Once, just after we moved to the house, I was about 8, my friends and I decided to test how high the fountain thing went. It hit the ceiling.

It is used to wash feet and "yer backside" to quote that Australian actor of the Crocodile Dundee movies... Paul Hogan?

Anyway... You can't lose control of the pressure thing... though it's not a good idea to just straddle the thing without checking to see if it's off first... have you ever turned the water on in the tub to find that the last person who used it didn't switch from the shower back to the tub fawcet? Surprise! Only, I guess with the bidet, it's a bit more of a surprise... :)

As for washing - it can give women urinal tract/bladder infections because of the pressure... but if the water pressure is kept low, it shouldn't be a problem (or maybe try peeing afterward).

I used my folks' bidet a lot... I liked it, but maybe not just for the clean feeling...

But my cat liked to drink from the fountain thing too, so maybe Golden Boy's on to something.

By Mavis on Friday, July 21, 2000 - 12:58 pm:

i am a big fan of bidets.....
    the one i am most familiar with is at my pal luci's house.
    it has perfectly working controls and very ***NICE PLEASANT***** warm stream of water....

it feels awesome! and when i say awesome, i mean...
    "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, that feels goooooood!"

yeah, i suppose if you are stupid and turned it up all the way,it would hurt you. but i can't imagine why anyone would do that...unless maybe if you had a bad broken one where you couldn't control it.

otherwise, a bidet is a gal's best friend....

By Antigone on Friday, July 21, 2000 - 05:31 pm:

...and a guy's. Ya'll don't get to have all the fun!

By semillama on Friday, July 21, 2000 - 05:59 pm:

Ok, but is there a special "ass towel"? that's obviously set aside for bidet use? I've always wondered. I mean someone could come in, use the bidet, dry their nether regions off and hang up the towel. The next poor sucker (who would probably be ME) would come in, wash his face and use the same towel that was just dragged acros someone's ass.

or maybe you just drip dry? Help me out here.

By Isolde on Friday, July 21, 2000 - 07:33 pm:

There's usually an ass towel. Actually, when I was in France, I had an ass towel assigned to me.

By Antigone on Saturday, July 22, 2000 - 03:31 am:

But, isn't you ass supposed to be _clean_ at that point?

By Isolde on Saturday, July 22, 2000 - 04:46 am:

Yeah, but it's all wet. Ad, you know, I don't like the thought of rubbing anyone's butt in my face, clean or not.

By Antigone on Saturday, July 22, 2000 - 05:57 am:

Yeah, rim jobs disgust me too.

(shudder)

By Mavis on Monday, July 24, 2000 - 12:14 pm:

yes. each person has their own towel ASSigned to them.....and yes you are already clean, but a towel is for drying, like when you get out of the shower.

By Joyalive on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 11:39 pm:

I visited a pro dom who had me use the bidet. I was gagged, bound, blindfolded, pretty helpless but having someone aid you in using the bidet has qualities surpassing all ordinariness.

By Czarina on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 01:28 am:

I don't believe you.I need to see pictures,to substantiate your claim.

By patrick on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 11:39 am:

yeah, you're full of shit joy. no one really does those kinds of things, people just like to say they have for shock value.

ok fine, you're interesting joy. you're a fetishist , your unique. superfuckingDOO!

By semillama on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 12:16 pm:

What shock value? It's like having someone help you use the toilet. Plenty of time for that when you're 80.

By J on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 12:27 pm:

I have a friend who works in a nursing home,she says it's a "shitty" job.

By patrick on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 12:33 pm:

i dont think she was being helped to the potty sem.

water spigots and female genitalia go hand in hand....especially in a BSDM environment

By semillama on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 12:55 pm:

Wouldn't know a damn thing about that.

By patrick on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 01:16 pm:

you've never heard of women squirming under the water faucet in the tub top get off?

damn...you need New Orleans more than I thought.

By semillama on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 01:53 pm:

I meant the BSDM environment. Don't personally like it. Goes against my nature.

By patrick on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 02:04 pm:

oh yeah, i think it silly too.

those people take their sex way too seriously

By TBone on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 04:31 pm:

Something about pain and being immobilized in conjunction with sex really bothers me. I guess it's probably great for some people, but would be particularly horrifying for me. But I have a particular horror of being unable to move. Not claustrophobia so much... I can handle little tiny places, if I know I can move around and get out.

Movies/shows/etc in which a big brother would torment a little brother by rolling him up in a carpet REALLY scared me as a little kid. Even when it was done in goofy comedy, the thought kept me up at night.

Add sex to that, and I'd probably go into hysterics. The bad kind.

No BSDM for me, thanks.

But add sex to just about anything else, and it's a bonus.

By Cat on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 08:22 pm:

I like a little bit of BSDM mixed up with my sex.

But then I'm a bad girl.

By Nate on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 08:36 pm:

how can you have sex after someone has rolled you up in a carpet?

By TBone on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 08:54 pm:

It's very tricky and I don't like it.

By Cat on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 08:55 pm:

How can you have sex without being rolled up in a carpet first?

By Jim aka Pajama on Monday, July 30, 2001 - 04:27 pm:

I can't believe this thread is still going. I started the so and so thread.

Still haven't used a bidet. Wonder if they got em in NOLA.

By J on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 01:48 pm:

I rented a place that had one once,it was nice, once I figured out what it was.

By Bob on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 01:01 am:

Civilised man was meant to walk the earth with a clean derriere

By Antigone on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 01:13 am:

Civilised man was never meant to revive dead threads.

By V.v. on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 04:54 pm:

Or use bidets for washing there feet.

By Mith on Friday, January 2, 2004 - 12:59 pm:

Ah! Love my bidet-I had it put in the bathroom so I can feel "fresh" and I get more licks with it too =) I would think you guys would know what it's for by now! Now let's freshen-up....shall we?

By FJH on Tuesday, October 12, 2004 - 03:12 pm:

There is a bidet store right next to I-95 in Hallandale, Florida with a big sign that says something like "Have a happy tush! Mr. Bidet" facing all the motorists whizzing past. Nothing was mentioned about animals drinking from it.

Maybe you could call them up, arrange an in-store demo, and report back here.

By Bill Bruneau on Friday, November 26, 2004 - 01:23 am:

Here we are in the 21st century and most people still know nothing about the bidet! It is almost a criminal offense that we don't use them!
    I have been using one for 5 years and my only problem is travelling. How can you stand to have feces smeared all over your butt? With a bidet say goodbye to hemorrhoids.
    I have actually written the first ever book on the bidet - actually there are several devices called the bidet. Everything known is in it. The benefits are immense: cleanliness, health, economy and ecology. Do you realize we produce 100 million rolls of TP a day? That is tens of millions of trees a year!
    This book will change your life and blow your mind, but you will also have a good laugh!
    "I have read with great interest the copy of "The Bidet" you kindly mailed me. You boldly deal with this subject which seems to be the victim of a long-standing conspiracy. You have covered all the different aspects of the bidet that need to be known by the consumer... Your work will be very helpful to wake up Americans to the reality of the bidet." – Jorge Rebagliati, Bidematic Bidet System
    To find out more check out my website: www.bbruneau.com

By RC on Friday, November 26, 2004 - 03:14 am:

I agree that bidets are the 2nd greatest invention since toilet paper itself. (Because TP has other uses a bidet can't compete with... & let's just leave it at that.)

If the swank hotels here in the states had put bidets in their bathrooms, they'd have caught on here ages ago. But the hotels aren't gonna spend the $$ to retro-fit all their bathrooms with bidets just to popularize them.

If I ever have a house built to spec, there will be a bidet in EVERY bathroom.

-RC

By Nate on Friday, November 26, 2004 - 05:45 am:

no shit. try wiping a civilization of spoaty off your chest with a bidet. awkward at best.

By Chosen One Returns on Friday, November 26, 2004 - 09:16 pm:

The bidet was created for the same Europeans who have never heard of the word "shower."ehe A recent study found that only 47% of French bathe on a daily basis!eh

But alas, who needs an expensive bidet when you can create your own?eh After my brown parachutes land with a splash (ehe), I then hop onto the porcelain wonder. As my TUSH extends into the sink, I SHPRITZ away my rectal snot with cold, soothing water. eh I come away smelling like M&Ms. eheee -D, NYC "I love New York. I celebrate every day in this city. Anything can happen here any hour of any day. You don't want to go to sleep because you feel you might be missing out. Where else in the world could anyone have that same feeling?" - HUGH JACKMAN, "The Boy From Oz" (Broadway)

By Captain Turnaround on Saturday, November 27, 2004 - 12:40 am:

Circumcision was created for people who have never heard of the word "shower".ehe

By Chosen One Returns on Saturday, November 27, 2004 - 03:36 am:

That's somewhat true! eh As the man said: "The proponents of not circumcising stress that lifelong penile hygiene is essential. This acknowledges that something harmful or unpleasant is happening under the prepuce."

An uncircumcised PUTZ traps gunk at every turn, regardless if it comes into contact with soap! A circumcised man can abstain from bathing for two whole weeks, and he will still be able to retain the "appearance" of cleanliness. The same cannot be said for an uncircumcised man, who may find everything but the kitchen sink hiding inbetween his fugly foreskin folds!ehe

While penile hygiene is said to protect against the complications against the uncircumcised state, there is actually no study to show any benefit to penile hygiene, nor any practical way to do such a study, considering the problem of documenting scrupulous hygiene over long period of time.

Soap (irritant) has been known to exacerbate the existing foreskin condition, causing the bacteria (smegma) to multiply! When you have two moist folds of skin that continually harbor bacteria, "cleanliness" is nothing more than pure "fantasy." -D, NYC "Born imperfect, made perfect on the eighth day and onward"

By wisper on Saturday, November 27, 2004 - 02:41 pm:

"A circumcised man can abstain from bathing for two whole weeks, and he will still be able to retain the "appearance" of cleanliness."

wow, that's certainly a thing to be proud of.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact