help with drying out

sorabji.com: What do you want?: help with drying out
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 03:13 pm:

i'm gonna lay off the sauce for a bit. I also kinda want to purge my system....

any easy suggestions of teas or certain foods that will help me kinda....you know.....clean my system.

im not looking for "Colon Blow" per se..that kind of scares me..

but tell me about natural foods and drinks that are readily available that might help me detox.

thanks

By Dougie on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 03:42 pm:

Green tea. Tastes like drinking brewed grass clippings, but supposed to be good for you. As I understand it, it's unfermented tea leaves. Lots of vitamin C & antioxidants.

Also, cranberry juice.

By semillama on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 03:44 pm:

Lots of water. Coupel gallons a day. If you drink anything with caffiene in it, drink an equivalent amount of water.

By Cat on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 03:47 pm:

Dandelion tea is great for the liver. And you can get a liver tonic if you really want to be holy.

By Hal on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 04:33 pm:

Well if you want a system flush this is the best way to do it... When I had my MEPS exam for the Navy I did this because I had been around pot smokers (while they were smoking) and I was concerned about THC in my blood stream showing up on the urunaillis... This cleaned me out compleatly in 2 days...

Place cranberry juice in a blender, add ice, chop up and orange and put it in the blender too... THE WHOLE FRIGGIN THING... The peel is what is going to help you the most, but I recomend the whole orange because the peel tastes like ass. Then throw in some healthy fruit or ice cream or something to get the taste just right... I don't have a recipe I just winged it. Put in what you think would taste good and be good for you, the orange peel thing and the cranberry juice is important though. Try fresh cranberries if you can get them. I put strawberries in too because, it gave it a really cool flavor...

Oh and if its a funky color, try it anyway... Mine always ended up green, but tasted like fruit punch... It worked though.

By droopy on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 04:39 pm:

this is all crap. just drink beer.

By moonit on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 05:14 pm:

If you start to feel like your going to vomit, peppermint tea can calm your flippy floppy tummy.

By patrick on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 05:28 pm:

thanks droop i knew you'd pull through for me!

okay!!!!!

mega water binge here i come. I can honestly say, hokey tea and fruit concoctions aside....water seems liek the ultimate best bet.

thanks peep!

By Nate on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 06:47 pm:

Kava Kava. it makes your lips numb and your head funny. i don't know about this flush the system crap, but that's what i miss when i'm not drinking.

liver tonic sounds nasty. gin tonic.

By dave. on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 08:27 pm:

there's gotta be some kind of formerly trendy naturopathy type outfit around there. they can whip up a nifty herbal detox mixture that will help. and you DO want colon blow. they'll also have some psyllium husk stuff that makes your poopoo more pleasant. not that lemon-flavored stuff that powerflushes you, this stuff just makes happy poop. drink it with applejuice and drink it fast or it'll solidify in your throat and kill you.

and lots of water, yes.

By Hal on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 09:03 pm:

Ahh fuck it...

Just drink the beer, I mean the fruit thing works, but hey you can't beat beer.

By Daniel ssss on Tuesday, February 6, 2001 - 12:22 am:

pau d arco tea from Brazil, a lot of echinacea, a little goldenseal (does nothing for dope but will keep you alive for a week), and a little (I mean a LIttle) bloodroot. Lots water. Flat seven up and saltines.

That's all. And a banana a day if you get hungry.

Nothing else for a few days. Nada, zip, nope to dope. Then eat whatever you want and continue the pau d arco and echinacea for another week.

Do the pau d arco at least daily for the rest of your life. Add to it daily Rene Caisse Ojibway tea, and you'll be well.

Don't get hit by a bus

By patrick on Tuesday, February 6, 2001 - 11:52 am:

im eating normal, smoking pot, laying off the alcohol. drinking lots of herbal tea and water.

this should be sufficient.

dave THAT REALLY SCARES ME!

By droopy on Tuesday, February 6, 2001 - 11:56 am:

i had a dream about a bar last night. not a bar i'd ever seen before, or even one that would be my choice as a watering-hole, but i dreamed about it anyway. it was noisy and crowded. in the dream i could belly up to the bar, which i haven't been able to do in 15 years, so that was nice. outside of ordering drinks the only other thing i can remember is cans of chili, which were piled up in open boxes in sort of a step formation. none of the cans had a lid, just a tortilla chip covering it. i didn't eat any of the chili.

in a related note:

i've been suppressing this information for years: I once had a dream about swine. or had a dream in which swine was present. this was a couple of years ago and i was supposed to pick up an old girlfriend of mine at the airport the next day. i was a little apprehensive about this, for reasons i won't go into. in the dream i am at the airport - the big-ass dallas/fort worth airport - and i go into a bar. you know - an airport bar; they all look alike. off in one corner, in a dark part of the bar, swine is sitting slumped against the wall with a bottle next to him. he was thinner than i later discovered him to be and well-dressed. we talked for awhile - i think he gave me cynical advice about women - and that was that.

By sarah on Tuesday, February 6, 2001 - 04:01 pm:

patrick, green tea is a great antioxidant. i drink about 3 cups of it a day, but i think i've built up a tolerance. it doesn't flush me out the way it used to when i first started drinking it years ago.

you can also try shots of wheat grass. tastes nasty as all getout, but it will clean you out.

otherwise, water. lots and lots of water.

you might also consider a few days of eating just fresh fruits and vegetables, tofu and fish, and not eating any wheat products. also avoid beef, pork, poultry, eggs, dairy. just for a few days.

and keep drinking water.

on another note. do you guys have lots of days when all you want to do is drink? not necessarily because you want to be drunk, though that is a bonus, but rather because you actually are craving a certain alcohol? i've been wanting to drink brandy by the bucketloads lately. some days it's all i can do to keep myself away from the bottle every night.

By patrick on Tuesday, February 6, 2001 - 04:36 pm:

thanks

and yes indeedy!

By patrick on Tuesday, February 6, 2001 - 04:38 pm:

i've been diggin this tazo tea called "calm"

i don't know much about teas, but it sure is good.

its got chamomile blossoms, hibiscus flowers, spearmint, rose petals, blackberry leaves, peppermint, safflower, lemon balm and lemon grass in it.

its gotta be good for me right?

By TBone on Tuesday, February 6, 2001 - 05:53 pm:

That's my fave tea.

I also like "Zen" and "Om" Tazos.

By semillama on Wednesday, February 7, 2001 - 09:01 am:

I haven't ahd a drink in about a month or so. I got pretty buzzed one night back in december when I was out with some old high school friends. Since my run-in with Johnny Law back a ways, my whole attitude about alcohol has changed. I no longer feel like "I need a drink!".

That may partly be due to my lack of a social life, and my ongoing quest to find the lost abdominal muscles of yore, which has changed any craving sI amy have had for booze to those for cookies and ice cream. Damn them! Damn them to Hell!

By J on Wednesday, February 7, 2001 - 12:05 pm:

Sometimes I think about not drinking,but I don't want to put my liver in shock.Not to mention myself.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact