for Thanksgiving Dinner and Festivities?

sorabji.com: What do you want?: for Thanksgiving Dinner and Festivities?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Daniel ssss on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 11:03 am:

What's everybody eating? Participating in the slaughter of 2.9 million birds? Boycotting feathered soup? Adding vodka to every recipe? Are you grateful? For what? And how do you spend the afternoon: playing strip poker with the family? Sleeping out the tryptophan high? What's for dessert?

Whatever. Sometimes I get my needs and my wants mixed up.

Cooking coconut shrimp with hand made fettuchini in a white garlic cream sauce, and a cherry cobbler made boy scout dump it in a pan style.

Painting my garage and winterizing the pond before it gets cold.

Being grateful that my son is a live and well, and gets to read at the funeral of his best friend who shot himself to death on Monday morning before school. I can't imagine what son's friend David's parents are going through. Wonder how they can feel grateful with an event like this at this time of year.

Being grateful to be a dad, to be able to love, to have all of you pixelated personalities in my life.

Being grateful for a log cabin in the woods and five days off. Quiet. Solitude.

By patrick on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 11:35 am:

im going to goleta to the hippy property.

im making green beans....southern style. not that al dente crunchy california style either.

By J on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 12:43 pm:

I'm actually going to my daughter Amee's for Thanksgiving,it should be interesting.The baby can take a few steps now,I thought he was going to have red hair,but it so blond,that even though he has alot of hair,it doesn't show in pictures.

By Czarina on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 01:01 pm:

I have to work.I am going to smoke a turkey,so it can cook while I sleep.

Sorry about your sons friend,Daniel.

By moonit on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 02:28 pm:

We don't celebrate but I got invited to a Thanksgiving meal at a workmates house who lives with an american chick.

I can't go because we are having leaving drinks for a reporter then going to eat thai. (food not people)

By semillama on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 02:53 pm:

My parents are coming into town, and I really should be cleaning my apartment right now...

By Hal on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 03:09 pm:

Food possibly...

Poor, can't go home for thanksgiving, have nothing but a 1 inch buy 4 inch cheese rectangular that is probably bad, and 4 eggs that are 2 months old...

All I want is a bucket of KFC, a Mt.Dew, a pack of smokes and my computer...BUT:

1. KFC isn't open on Thanksgiving.
    2. I'm poor.
    3. I'll probably eat the cheese and wash it down with water because I have water sugar and what was mentioned before.
    4. I'm poor.
    5. Don't have any way to get the Pack of smokes and the MT.Dew because...
    6. I'm poor.
    7. And I have the computer, and the DSL, and that my friends is why...
    8. I'm poor.

By The Watcher on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 04:54 pm:

My first Thanksgiving dinner in my current home consisted of Peanut Butter sandwiches. The Nesco didn't get hot enough. The Turkey roast was almost raw.

I'll be doing the cooking for my wife and myself.

Turkey Roast, stuffing, cranberry sause, and a veggy thats dinner.

We'll be eating turkey for a long time.

By Platypus on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 10:53 pm:

Uhm, we're having an orphans dinner, so god only knows what's showing up. I do know this:

mashed potatoes (duh), vegan pumkin pie, curried yams, lemon sorbet with a raspberry dressing, oranged carrots, vegan stuffing, some kind of salady thing...etc. It should be fun, even though I'm not thankful for very much.

By sarah on Thursday, November 22, 2001 - 01:16 am:

i am grateful for sorabji.com.

i am grateful that it's midnight and i'm in my dismal little apartment and not in texarkana.

i am grateful for petite syrah.

i am grateful for the 5 Mile Turkey Trot i'm running tomorrow morning.

i am grateful that St. David's charity is allowing me to help them serve supper to homeless people tomorrow afternoon.

i am grateful for the 20.58 lb turkey now marinating in homemade brine in my refrigerator; for the homemade jalapeno cornbread which i am drying out overnight for stuffing; for the granny smith apples which will become an apple praline tart, for the sugar pumpkins which will become pumkin dip and pumpkin pie.

i am grateful for billard tables, brandy, chocolate, brussel sprouts, my dad, my mom, my friends, my lover, my kitties, my plane ticket to hawaii, the subwoofers in my car, my down comforter and pillows, finally getting my period today, long sleeved t-shirts, the ocean, and peppermint tea.

By TBone on Thursday, November 22, 2001 - 06:54 pm:

I'm now making "TBone's Experimental Chicken and Sauce on Rice". I found an extremely frozen block of chicken in my freezer, and we have a refrigerator full of asian food sauces.

And I invited Hal over to have some.

I was out of cheese, anyway.

By TBone on Thursday, November 22, 2001 - 09:51 pm:

...and he stands me up.

Crazy boy's passing up free food, and it's damn good, too.

I hope he found some good turkey or something.

By Hal on Friday, November 23, 2001 - 05:47 am:

Sorry TBone, got caught up on time, helping people with things... Wasn't paying attention got extreamly distracted, and then passed out for a short nap, at 11:00 figured you would be out... But then I realize, A you don't work tomorrow thats why your up at 3:45 in the morning, B: I do so why am I... And C: could really use some dew and try that chicken right now...

Fuck I'm lame.

By Czarina on Friday, November 23, 2001 - 06:37 am:

Don't believe it TBone.He emailed me and was in a panic because the squirrels wouldn't let him out.

We had to come up with a distracting nut plan,enabling him to extricate himself from their tenacious squirrel claws.

By Hal on Friday, November 23, 2001 - 01:19 pm:

Actually haven't seen a squirrel in a week or so. They are planning something, but I figure that yesterday they were eatin nuts and shit for thanksgiving... Ninja's or not I don't think they'ed pass up a holiday.

No I'm just lame for not making it because I passed out for a nap thats all.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact