pdx zine symposium 2002... sorabjifest in conjuction?

sorabji.com: What do you want?: pdx zine symposium 2002... sorabjifest in conjuction?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By pez on Friday, December 14, 2001 - 12:17 am:

hey all!

i'm on the planning committee for the symposium this year and it's goona be a blast. i'm serving as secretary and the head foodmaster.

it would be the perfect opportunity for sorabjites together becase:
    (1) it's in the summer, so school-ites won't be missing much
    (2) it's in oregon, so it won't be too hot (or too cold, for that matter).
    (3) we can arrange carpooling and roadtripping for everyone.
    (4) free housing will be arranged, and we'll feed you too!
    (5)you'd get to meet the notorious p.e.z.
    (6) i'd be happy to meet y'all.
    (7) it's on the west coast.
    (8) we want to do a pre-printing-press workshop, so that'd be something either agatha or platypus would be good at (c'mon! we'd let you have a free table! besides, wouldn't you like to act as a teacher for once?)

it'll be in july, at psu. more to follow.

By Hal on Friday, December 14, 2001 - 04:09 pm:

Will there be beer...

Otherwise I don't think Sem will be able to attend.

I'll do what I can to be there, its a hellova lot closer this time so I think I'm in.

By TBone on Friday, December 14, 2001 - 05:48 pm:

I dig it.

By agatha on Saturday, December 15, 2001 - 02:38 am:

i'll do a little class, but i think you should ask rebecca from iprc, she's the letterpress bomb.

By Tom on Saturday, December 15, 2001 - 06:22 am:

Yes, I will supply beer, and crashspace as well, for whoever needs it. Bring yer own damn food, but I have a kitchen.

In all honesty, I would love to see Platypus and the Mendo-crew.

Yes. this is a good idea.

By pez on Monday, December 17, 2001 - 06:27 am:

ha. i'm in charge of the whole food thing and people can stay at my house. so there.

i need to type up the minutes from the first meeting.

but food not bombs might be involved. maybe. the whole thing is months and months away. in july. there are like four couches in my house to sleep on and plenty of floor. but we'll do what we can here in pdx.

tom, if you want to attend the next meeting, it's january 6th at the iprc.

By patrick on Monday, December 17, 2001 - 11:30 am:

food not bombs kids smell funny.

you'd think they were "dirt not showers"

i worked a few food not bombs benefits.

i like what they do, but crusty punks annoy the fuck out of me.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact