A new Truck

sorabji.com: What do you want?: A new Truck
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By trace on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 02:16 pm:

By wisper on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 08:03 pm:

trace, do you care that everytime i picture you i think of Hank Hill?

He really is a good guy, that Hank.

By eri on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 08:18 pm:

hahahahahahahaha!

He would pefer to be thought of as Red Forman! Dumbass!

He did ask if you realized that Hank drove a Ford and not at Chevy. hehehehehehe.

By wisper on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 08:40 pm:

LOL

see, that's what i'm talking about :)

By moonit on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 09:04 pm:

I just spat coke on myself.

I love Hank Hill. Last night it was the one where he dropped the olympic torch. and bobby did the victory dance.

What happened to LouEllen?

By trace on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 12:02 am:

I am not sure, lost track after she moved out.
    Bobby and Peggy drive me up the wall.

By trace on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 12:03 am:

Red Forman is my hero.
    Seriously.

By dave. on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 12:57 am:

crankiness like red's is only funny on tv. trust me, i know.

By Platypus on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 11:29 am:

I see a lot of those around here. Now I know what it's called. Hurrah.

By patrick on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 11:32 am:

who the fuck is Red Forman?

i can do a killer voice impression of Hank Hill.

By Spider on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 11:45 am:

Hey! I love Red Forman, too.

By eri on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 12:06 pm:

Red Forman, father to Eric on "That 70's Show". Spunky's hero. He walks around quoting him all of the time.

I just hope he doesn't think I am going to end up like Kitty, cuz that woman is a nut job. I think that of most of the women next to Spunky's tv heros (Hank Hill is on the list).

By Spider on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 12:11 pm:

But Red loves Kitty! He treats no one as well as he treats her.

My true hero is Lois on Malcom in the Middle. She kicks so much ass.

By patrick on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 12:39 pm:

ever since we got direct tv and invited adelphia cable to suck cock we watch nothing but movies.

we have about 4 different Show Time channels, 3 The Movie Channels, Sundance, IFC and FLix.

i dont even watch simpsons anymore. Hell it takes me a half hour to find it on the dial of 800 channels.

network tv can suck it.

By eri on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 01:40 pm:

Yeah, I would have to say that Lois kicks butt. Spunky asks me if our house would be like that if we had boys instead of girls. I keep telling him it wouldn't be because I would completely lose my mind and they would have to visit my padded room.

By trace on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 03:31 pm:

I want to get digital cable, but then again, it would probably be a bigger waste of money then what we have now.

Bruce had it right.

57 channels and nothing on

By wisper on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 05:57 pm:

remember the time that Peggy entered a beauty contest to win a Silverado truck, but she didn't win, so Hank went out and painted his truck silver?

that was so damn sweet.

Khan (the next door neighbour) is my fav character though. Hot damn he is an asshole.

By Khan on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 02:01 pm:

Hank, you hillbilly

By J on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 02:28 am:

What is you definition of a hillbilly? I was born in West Virgina am I one? Does some asshole think I'm one,and who might that asshole be? I can laugh at the redneck jokes and that doesn't hurt my feelings,but there was a "cartoon" in the Arizona Republic right after the man from W.V. won the powerball. It showed a man telling another man that somebody had to win the powerball,and the other man pointed at a poster and said,"but why did it have to be him?"And it showed a picture that said West Virginia Hillbilly.

By J on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 02:36 am:

That pissed me off,I wrote a letter to the paper cause I have too much time on my hands,I told them I have a full set of teeth,we don't marry distant cousins,I wear shoes and I don't eat roadkill,I might have done more harm than good.

By dave. on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 02:56 am:

that's the spirit!

By patrick on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 12:36 pm:

did you know that WV sends the most citizens to the military...or so i heard the other day.

By Hanks Evil Twin on Tuesday, February 4, 2003 - 10:42 pm:

By eri on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 09:34 pm:

We finally got spunky a new truck, well new to us truck! We got a good deal. There is something in the laws here that if someone files for bankruptcy (sp?) that after you get the car back you can only sell it for what is owed on it. That worked in our favor tonight. It's a good truck but the guy didn't really want to deal with all of the laws surrounding the return of this truck and he just wanted to get it sold. A 1995 Ford Ranger. Kick ass price. 0% interest. Paid off in one year! The guy doing the financing was really cool, straight forward, but not an asshole. Overall I am pretty happy. Here's hoping it all goes well!

By Lapis on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 02:57 am:

My dad's car burnt out last wednesday. The fuse blew, but the electricity was still going through so all the wires melted and the airbags threatened to deploy. The manufacturer won't do anything since it's past warranty and the insurance won't do anything because it wasn't a fire.

Now it's a lump of plastic and sheet metal.

He wants a truck now.

By Platypus on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 12:00 pm:

I'm trying to imagine airbags threatening to deploy. Was there a voice from under the dashboard? "Watch it, missy, I'm gonna deploy on your ass."

I thought the spunkster already had a truck? Wasn't there a picture somewhere of a monstrous gold thing? I like the Ford Ranger. One of the more compact Ford trucks, but still all useful and shit. Good luck with it.

By eri on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 02:07 pm:

He said he wanted the monstrous gold thing, but we didn't get it. We ended up getting the ranger instead. Saved us $8,000 plus interest.

I like the fact that the ranger gets good mileage. It's his work vehicle and that was something I was really hoping for, something that wouldn't eat up tons of gas. I have a feeling that this truck will get better mileage than his acura did, saving us a little money there. Not to mention that I am not working again, so there is gas money saved, too. I am back to 1 tank of gas lasting me a month or two depending on how many errands I have to run. I like that. I just hope that the truck is as dependable as it seems to be. I want this to be able to last him a while.

By Lapis on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 03:48 pm:

There was an indicator light that came on (apparently) heck, I don't know, I've never been in a vehicle when the airbags deployed... I've only been behind the wheel a total of once in the last year and a half!

By Nate on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 04:34 pm:

hm. i sold my acura and bought ford ranger.

By eri on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 05:28 pm:

We donated the acura to the Purple Heart Association, so that doesn't count.

By semillama on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 05:59 pm:

Now you can run around during spring cleaning and pick up funky furniture!

By trace on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 09:39 pm:

hey, there is a dumpster back here where they throw any furniture left in the apartments.
    there is always at least 3 couches and 2 dressers in it.

We have a brand new couch and 2 real lay-z-boys (pun soooooooo intended)so no need to go "trash digging" but you would be surprised how many people around here do.

And I love my ranger.

By semillama on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 09:07 am:

My friend Bernie goes out and finds old barn wood and the like and makes it into furniture. He basically sands it smooth while leaving traces of the original paint and/or varnish, and the result is startlingly elegant and attractive.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact