A stiff hard drink!!!!!!

sorabji.com: What do you want?: A stiff hard drink!!!!!!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By eri on Friday, March 7, 2003 - 05:50 pm:

All I can say is Thank God I am not single. I have mentioned the drama of my best friend S's past engagement and the loser she was engaged to. Finally over. Our friend J here helped her through it. Now she is interested in J and vice versa. Cool. It wouldn't suck if my two best friends ended up together.

She sends an email~ thinking about coming out to Texas this weekend. Drive out tonight, leave on Sunday.~ Cool. Haven't seen her since Christmas. She wants to talk to J. She might not come out. She wants to. What is the name of J's work. I get up on the Archdioses of San Antonio website, looking in vain for J's place of employment to no avail. I say, forget J, why don't you just come out to visit us? She says she probably will. Hours later she calls and asks if I found J's # and asks me to leave a message on his door telling him to call her. I get the kids and walk over to J's to leave the message. She wants him to meet her halfway so she doesn't have to drive the whole way alone at night. J calls with a stick up his butt about calling her. I said she wants to come out and see you and wants you to meet her in Denton so she doesn't drive the whole way alone. He says he wants to but has his son. I say his son can have a slumber party here, since it has been a while, it will be fun, just call her.

Drama all damned day and I still don't know if they are going to come out here or not! I need a drink!

When I lived in Mo, S's love life used to drive me nuts with her constant complaining and picking apart the men and her unreasonable demands. Now she is wanting to be with someone here and I am stuck in the middle bearing the brunt of all of her DRAMA! Ugh. If she wasn't my best friend I would tell her to screw off and figure it out her damn self.

I could go for some good scotch right now! I don't even have a beer in the house at he moment, though.

By Dougie on Friday, March 7, 2003 - 06:11 pm:

Hey, a beer. What a novel idea. It's happy hour right about now. Think I'll go down and get me a Tequiza out of the fridge. (That's Spanish for cerveza, dontcha know.)

Nah, on 2nd thought, I'll have a Sam Adams from the case I bought at BJ's Wholesale. Nice and frosty.

By Nate on Friday, March 7, 2003 - 06:59 pm:

hey! i'm drinking scotch.

By eri on Friday, March 7, 2003 - 08:26 pm:

My husband is so good to me. He bought me beer! I won't have to end the night completely sober.

Now she is waiting to hear back from J to decide if she actually is going to come and visit or not. It's all about J damnit!

By sarah on Friday, March 7, 2003 - 09:58 pm:

jeezis people. if i hadn't anaesthetized myself last night
    with 1/2 bottle of wine and 2 brandy alexanders and a
    half a package of chocolate (and the night before that,
    and the night before that...) i'd get on this friday night
    sorabji drink-out.

but i have to be up early.

By eri on Friday, March 7, 2003 - 11:32 pm:

S called again. Said that J never called her back and it was getting late, so she was going to go see this other guy K, and then go home and spend all day tomorrow laying about and crying over her breakup with her fiance'.

I am so glad I don't have to worry about this shit in my own life.

I am going to have some more beer!

By dave. on Friday, March 7, 2003 - 11:36 pm:

me too!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact