Sorabjifest 2005

sorabji.com: What do you want?: Sorabjifest 2005
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By semillama on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 11:33 am:

I figure that we could put this on V.v's tab.

By patrick on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 12:13 pm:

yeah v2, hook us up yo!

By Antigone on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 03:54 pm:

I say we do it in Ireland.

This place is fuckin' grand!

By Platypus on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 04:13 pm:

Hells yeah antigone!

By semillama on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 04:50 pm:

But you can't RENT Ireland. We could have them put up big signs that say "FUCK YOU YOU ASS" all over Leichtenstein and claim it's our logo.

By heathre on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 05:55 pm:

that is so messed up

really

also- i don't really get it.

By sarah on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 05:57 pm:

sorabji fest 2004 is the weekend of may 1st. in austin. which isn't currently for rent.

By Nate on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 06:38 pm:

really?

By eri on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 08:27 pm:

Yep. May 2004 Austin, next sorabjifest, but I am still open the idea of having vv rent us a country for one, too.

By Nate on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 08:40 pm:

isn't that some big commie holiday? may 1st?

i'm going to find a way to make it.

i owe austin a visit.

olympia, too.

don't think i forgot. wish i forgot, maybe.

By Lapis on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 09:18 pm:

May day is about worker's rights. "Sponsored by the IWW" or something.

By Nate on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 09:24 pm:

By sarah on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 10:10 pm:

yes, really.

big house. hot tub. live music. debauchery. etc etc. maybe even a kayak trip down the san marcos river? inexpensive and fun as hell.

By Nate on Wednesday, October 8, 2003 - 03:10 am:

i'm there.

hm.

road trip.

By Antigone on Wednesday, October 8, 2003 - 06:50 pm:

I'm there, too.

By semillama on Thursday, October 9, 2003 - 10:14 am:

I may or may not be there depending on a myriad of circumstances.

By semillama on Thursday, October 9, 2003 - 10:15 am:

One such circumstance may be that I will be hip deep in dead Shakers. or at least their trash.

By wisper on Thursday, October 9, 2003 - 06:42 pm:

Sorabji book title:

"Hip deep in dead Shakers"

actually, sounds more like a Red Meat comic title.

By sarah on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 12:53 pm:

By V.v. on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 07:55 pm:

Can you feel the warm sun?Can you smell the fresh ocean breeze?Can you taste the delicious cool cocktails or view miles of golden sand and uncrowded beaches?

By V.v. on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 08:17 pm:

Eri,i only have one stipulation,all who attend must be White Witches,so your in,and the rest of the Cathholic Witch burners are OUT.

By moonit on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 08:27 pm:

I have to win Lotto to be there.

By V.v. on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 09:11 pm:

Moonit,what makes you think that?I know you and i dont often talk much,but i love your name,yet i know allmost nothing about you,[you may know, i like to have a little gamble now and then,]and the time im most lucky?just before the full moon]so i tend to associate you with luck,as us White Witches say,Lady Bless****

By V.v. on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 09:30 pm:

Moonit,perhaps Moonlight is a better name,thats what i think of you as.

By Go Active Travel on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 07:18 pm:

Hi sarah,
    Cool you like to go have fun with us!
    Call us at the office in Austin:
    Go Active Travel
    512 258-0988
    Lets talk about it and i am sure something will work out!! :-)

Steve and Olivier
    info@goactivetravel.com
    www.goactivetravel.com
    www.bananaadventuretours.com

By dave. on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 08:03 pm:

heh. sarah, the referral log freak magnet.

By V.v. on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 08:07 pm:

A sudden stillness and silence seemed to fill the air and i noticed a curious distortation,as if time had lost all meaning.

By sarah on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 08:47 pm:

wtf (!!!!!)

this shit is starting to scare me.

By TBone on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 09:36 pm:

Creepy.

By V.v. on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 09:41 pm:

As a practitioner of Witchcraft,i have that effect on people.

By Antigone on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 04:12 pm:

Freaky? Just referal logs, chicka.

Be not afraid of the web.

I like having fun putting secret messages in people's error logs. Only paranoid fuckers check their error logs. It's fun messing with their heads. :P

By V.v. on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 05:01 pm:

Antigone,only a paranoid fucker would put "secret messages"in error logs :} and in the near future,you will be very,very unlucky. :]

By dave. on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 07:13 pm:

titty.

By agatha on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 07:32 pm:

Nate-
    come to Olympia around November 1st. You can come to the FLuffah Show.

By V.v. on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 07:34 pm:

Dave,only if yours are as big as Hals.

By V.v. on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 07:38 pm:

agatha,are we talking Crufts dog show or the seat of the Gods?

By J on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 11:17 am:

Sarah you will love it there,the wildlife at Corcovada National Park is just awsome monkeys all over the place,be careful I thought I was going to sit on a tree trunk and then I saw a tongue flicking,it was a huge iguana scared the piss out of me.Do try the best beer I ever drank Imperial.I know you surf,they have some of the best surfing in the world there http://www.crsurf.com/ http://www.fuegodelsol.com/

By sarah on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 01:49 pm:

i know what referrer logs are and how they work. i used to check my own. but i never actually tried to make contact with people that way. that's the part that's creepy.

By c on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 01:33 am:

agatha, what's the fluffah show?

By agatha on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 11:45 pm:

It's an art show about my cat! The opening is on November 1st, at the Satellite Lounge. There will be food, and music, and clowns. I know, scary.

By heather on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 12:41 am:

man

i wish i could come...maybe i should look into tickets

By Nate on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 01:32 am:

road trip!

By heather on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 01:36 am:

ain't no road trips without no car

but sadly, i just realized that it's halloween...not good for travel. but there are other days!

where would i fly into?

By agatha on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 02:16 am:

why is Halloween not good for travel?

Seattle, DUH!

By agatha on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 02:16 am:

I'm sorry, that DUH! was uncalled for.

I take back the DUH!.

By Nate on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 02:57 am:

i have a car.

By Lapis on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 03:13 am:

Stop in Portland! Visit me! It's on the way!

By LoneStranger on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 03:41 am:

no you don't natey. it's a truck.

LS

By Nate on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 03:42 am:

aw. you have a car.

By sarah on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 11:17 am:

dammit. i SO would go that weekend to the Fluffah show, i mean it! except that i'm being taken to the dallas opera on the 31st for the opening night of The Queen of Spades, then staying the night in dallas.

how long will the fluffah show go on? maybe the next weekend? i'm serious now. i need to get the hell out of town anyways.

By heather on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 02:05 pm:

duh is okay...just showing enthusiasm

i tried to look up flights to olympia [?] and there
    weren't any. heh

i don't think i have the time to drive

By agatha on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 11:39 pm:

I believe it's under 14 hours...

You would want to fly into Seatac.

Sarah, I wouldn't come down to see the Fluffah Show other than on the opening night, but if you want to come down just because, bring it on!

By sarah on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 11:16 am:

well, i forgot when i typed that, that weekend i'm enrolled for the motocycle safety course here. so then november and december are out. but maybe in the spring when the weather's nicer. i gotta figure out what's up for spring break. :)

can we somehow see the pieces in the fluffah show?

By V.v. on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 10:11 pm:

Well guys,dont know about a sorabjifest,but im off to the world whitchfest in november,up to 10,000 witches will be in attendance,jeez,it going to be f**king AWESOME.just wish Eri was there.Perhaps next year?Allthough some how the idea of a Sorabjifest i find interesting,and i can afford such a thing from my petty cash account.

By moonit on Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 02:16 am:

Fuck off you rich bastard.

By moonit on Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 02:17 am:

Was that harsh? Its just considerably wanky to say 'I can afford such a thing from my petty cash account'.

By kazu on Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 09:18 am:

"Its just considerably wanky to say"

you're so cute.

By V.v. on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 12:36 am:

I admit to being rich and wanky.Yet somehow i think you all love me.:}

By V.v. on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 01:32 am:

Now regarding my witchfest,cant post no pics,its agenst the law,[of children of artimis]but i will give you all info on this amazing event 8th november,promise.:}DAVE,i can go 10 miles down the road to see David Blain come out his glass box tomorrow,but im most likely to be hung over,but ill keep you posted.

By moonit on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 04:48 am:

Thanks Kazu : ) and only if you love me first veevee.

I think I'm getting my bloody period. heh. Last time I had it the fucker wouldn't go away for two weeks. I'm not looking forward to that happening again. I think it might of been because I've been eating properly and taking vitamins.

Stupid body, if only you ran well on chocolate!

By V.v. on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 12:20 am:

Dave,regarding David Blain,after enduring a constant barrage of drumming,fog horns,golf balls,big macs,paint balls,verbal abuse,female streakers and breast flashers,he is out of the perspex box,he says he smells of sulphur.He is now in hospital,but is still in a bad way.

By semillama on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 10:29 am:

Ever think that maybe Blain's whole deal is he's trying to be the man most undeserving of any of the world's sympathy?

V.v. - We expect a full report of witchfest. Start a new thread on it.

By V.v. on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 11:15 am:

I will be most delighted to do so.

By semillama on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 12:34 pm:

goody.

By eri on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 01:11 pm:

Samhain Celebration was this past weekend out at Spirit Haven, but unfortunately I wasn't able to go. I did get some daily reports, though. We are going to be needing reports from you VV.....

By V.v. on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 04:29 pm:

ERI,I promise you i will get a witchfest thread going,it all starts on nov.8th and I WILL BE THERE,FROM 10 A.M. UNTILL MIDNIGHT.What i really want of all sorabjis is questions,any kind,that i can put to the western worlds leading authoritys on White Witchcraft.As far as i know,this is the largest meeting of White Witches [10,000 plus]in the whole world.Unless you know of something even bigger.All of us need LUCK,and i feel[perhaps same as Eri,]that the study of Witchcraft gives you a winning hand [its worked for me,so far]Eri,as allways,Lady Bless.

By V.v. on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 05:18 pm:

Eri, i will be going with Mr. Roland Stearn,a most fine gentleman of 58 years and a covern leader of 12 female witches on the south coast of England,i will indeed be in good company.I expect we will meet amazing people,i just hope you can join this most extraordinary league of gentleman and ladys one day.

By V.v. on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 05:25 pm:

And if my luck improves,as it may well do,you will join us.Lady bless.

By V.v. on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 05:47 pm:

Eri,im so sorry you did not get allong to Samhain celebration,you need to keep up with majick,otherwise it will no longer give you power.[this is a thought from Roland the witch,and his line of witches go back 400 years]

By eri on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 06:51 pm:

Trust me, just cuz I did not go out to the CMA campgrounds this weekend, does not mean that I am simply losing touch. I am not neglecting anything spiritually. Though I wish I had gone, I still got daily reports from Kebron, and enjoyed the weekend vicariously. Besides, I had the flu, and would have been sick anyways.

By V.v. on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 08:36 pm:

ERI,tell me straight.is Kebron one of us?Can i trust him?

By V.v. on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 09:07 pm:

And how much in to witchcraft is Kebron,as much as you and me?

By V.v. on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 09:25 pm:

Sleep well,white tiger.

By eri on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 10:09 pm:

As far as Kebron goes, you can trust him. He has been doing this for much longer than I have and knows much more than I do. I met him at PNO (pagans night out) last February.

White tiger......funny that no one has referred to me like that before, but it makes sense. Thank you VV.

By V.v. on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 05:31 pm:

http//www.ttdesign.com/m-shock.htm

By V.v. on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 05:35 pm:

[v.v.s office]

By eri on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 05:43 pm:

Too bad the link doesn't work for me. It gave me a cannot be found page........stupid computers.

By spunky on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 05:47 pm:

i got the same thing

By V.v. on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 06:13 pm:

me too.so tap in the following.

By V.v. on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 06:23 pm:

illustrations:the lawn mower man.[then click on multimedia & webdesign,scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "shockwave"

By V.v. on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 06:25 pm:

and turn you speakers on.[loud]

By V.v. on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 06:35 pm:

and click on your mouse to shoot.

By eri on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 09:50 pm:

We don't get anything to click onto. Just a page saying that the page we are looking for cannot be displayed. Cannot get to it, and can't get anywhere. Sorry. Need a new link.

By V.v. on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 10:22 pm:

I understand the first link is not working,have you tried my second one? illustrations:the lawn mower man

By V.v. on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 10:35 pm:

Or my third link........Shoot the suit

By eri on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 10:54 pm:

I need the exact web address. I am computer ignorant and wouldn't be able to find a website based on the above information. Sorry. I am just not good with computers and not good at figuring things out with computers.

By V.v. on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 11:54 pm:

Yet you are such an eloquent orator.give it a try,tap in the words SHOOT THE SUIT then press search,it should come up on your screen.

By semillama on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 09:46 am:

By V.v. on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 10:26 am:

Sem,thanks

By semillama on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 02:21 pm:

no prob. nice game!

By V.v. on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 03:12 pm:

I thought it might appeal to you!

By V.v. on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 08:38 pm:

Regarding "shoot the suit" i got a score of 15462 tonight,then i got cramp in my finger.I can normally get 10 bullits into each "v.v." that pops out from behind a desk,but thats at low speed.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact