KEEP ON PHREAKING!

sorabji.com: The Payphone Project: KEEP ON PHREAKING!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
MEXOPLYX on Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 01:53 pm:

THIZ IZ MEXOPLYX JUST WANTED 2 SAY WUZUP! KOOL AZZ PAGE LOTZ OF GOOD VISUALZ! I STARTED PHREAKING WHEN I WUZ 10 YEARZ OLD! BAK IN 1980 AND I'M STILL GOING STRONG! NEVA QUITIN THIZ SHIT! GETZ SHOTZ OF THE (914) AREA! PEACE!
    HTTP://WWW.MEXOPLYX.HOMEPAD.COM

By Patrick on Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 01:56 pm:

i have been phreakin for years now

By _____ on Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 03:14 pm:

30 years old and learned english in aol chatrooms.

By Markus on Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 03:20 pm:

That's not AOLish, it's phreaker/cracker dialect.

By Margret on Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 03:58 pm:

Hello, can you darlings be so young you don't know phreakers?

By _____ on Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 04:09 pm:

30 years old and learned english from .nfo filez.

By Markus on Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 04:15 pm:

Hey, I was redboxing back in the DTMF day before SS7 sent it all to shit.

By Nate on Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 05:14 pm:

i can whistle 1700Hz and 2200Hz.

By Patrick on Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 05:17 pm:

i guess i am left in the dark, what IS a phreaker then?????????

By Nate on Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 05:31 pm:

i can whistle 2600Hz too, but shit just don't work that way anymore.

By sarah on Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 08:42 pm:

anybody want to throw everything away and move to manhattan with me this year?

let me know. any sorabjiite will do.

By sarah on Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 08:43 pm:

btw, i'm only looking for a co-adventurer/conspirator, not like a love connection or anything.

By Gee on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 01:29 am:

I would rather stab spoons into my eyes than live in New York.

I wouldn't mind a visit, though.

By Markus on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 02:13 am:

A FOAF I met once could whistle 2600 fairly reliably, but as you noted, it's a skill on par with village blacksmith these days.

By agatha on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 03:10 am:

i'm pretty. and nice.

By JboxR on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 04:43 am:

Hey if you could fart 2600, that'd probably have gotten you on Dave Letterman's show a few years back, but he stopped doing stupid people tricks...

AGATHA--> So leave us your phone number and address

By heather on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 06:07 am:

she is married

leave her alone

By Patrick on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 10:56 am:

nobody has yet to tell me what a "phreaker" is, and all this jive about farting at X khz is not doing me any good. Help?! Please!

By Nate on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 11:15 am:

patrick, patrick, patrick.

all will be revealed in time.

By Patrick on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 11:47 am:

oh, (sigh) OK

By Markus on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 12:59 pm:

First of all, I'm old school hacker. We're the good guys, taking things apart to see how they work and then reassembling them. The immature young anarchopunks have misappropriated the label (or had it slapped on them by ignorant and fearful media/parental types) and are more properly crackers. (Phone) phreakers are the equivalant with the public switched telephone network. Back when in the pre-MFJ AT&T days the technology was more rudimentary. In short, both signalling and carrier streams were run across the same carrier medium, making it relatively easy to trick the system into giving you free long distance, for instance. The tone to free up a trunk was 2600Hz, which as it turned out, could be produced by slightly modifying a free whistle given out in boxes of Cap'n Crunch. If you're really interested in the history and/or methodology of phreaking, do a search on it. I think www.2600.com has links to that sort of thing, if you can phind y0ur way thr0ugh th3 ann0ying jarg0nz.

By simon on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 02:17 pm:

You must be the real MacGyver.

By Markus on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 02:39 pm:

No, but I am related to Richard Dean Anderson.

By _____ on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 06:43 pm:

a thirty year old talking like that is pathetic like a thirty year old crass punk is pathetic. 30 years old and still looking for approval from the "bad kids". it's ok to like crass when you're 30 and it's ok to hate the establishment but momma needs a hug.

By Markus on Saturday, January 15, 2000 - 04:33 pm:

What he said.

By simon on Saturday, January 15, 2000 - 05:17 pm:

"I don't know which is more pathetic - a bunch of 45 year-olds pretending to be punks, or a music critic who still believes the Ramones are relevant."

By Old school J on Sunday, January 16, 2000 - 12:03 pm:

I like the Ramones.

By Pizzaboy on Tuesday, March 7, 2000 - 11:40 pm:

gabba gabba wee gabba hey...... I'm 33 and d0n't t41k 1ike that either. pretty silly. talk about a no-lifer. probably works graves at 7-11 cause his social skills are no good. talking realtime to people? that's possible? hehe

By J on Wednesday, March 8, 2000 - 10:10 am:

Is that you Tommy? Still like Tower of Power and Frank Sinatra?Do you still smell like garlic,I know your still a creep.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact