Does god forgive those who sin?.

sorabji.com: The Payphone Project: Does god forgive those who sin?.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Jada on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 12:33 am:

Is maturbation a sin? Will i be forgiven?.

By Jada on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 12:36 am:

Isn't it better to masturbate than fornicate?.

By Nate on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 01:04 am:

apparently you haven't fornicated.

By moonit on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 04:18 am:

Is this the right place to ask? Prehaps if you have issues you should ask someone who cares.

I am

very

hungover

By Slothrop on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 12:09 pm:

a little masturbation helps the hangover, moonit. it takes different strikes to move the world, yes it does. i think the masturbation stipulation is just a clause tagged on by catholelicks. how could an all loving being deny an individual a little self love? supposedly, it distracts you from the glorification of god and wastes potential for more followers. but everyone knows how to make themselves cum, so in reality you're not distracted for that long. and one is so focused after a session. what better way to approach the LORD? boy someone was really thinking when they wrote that one in. but shit- i spill things all the time..mostly beer, but hell, why not a little semen, too? because in the end, when the police find my hacked, mangled, and disgraced carcass fastened to the living room ceiling with fishing line and drywall nails, bas relief of the virgin carved into my chest, i want the forensics guy to have a very interesting report to write about the sample he took from the kitchen floor if you get my -uh..drift *wink, wink*

By semillama on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 12:28 pm:

If you're going to ask these sorts of questions under the payphone project, you should probably call up a payphone and ask your question of whoever answers.

By Slothrop on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 01:19 pm:

hmmm. my apologies. i guess keeping the strings organized is pretty important. i'd erase my last post if i could!! won't do it again..

By semillama on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 02:13 pm:

I was actually addressing Jada. I normally ignore the payphone project posts becuase I am not interesting in the payphone project that much.

By Spider on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 02:21 pm:

Jada, haven't you heard that if your right hand causes you to sin, you have to cut it off?

That's what you have to do now, Jada.

Cut off your hand.

Cut off both hands, Jada.

Do it now.

By semillama on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 04:15 pm:

How to cut off the last hand is up to you to figure out, of course.

By Slothrop on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 04:30 pm:

solution to getting rid of that second pesky hand:

Find a train track, of course.

silly goose!

By Spider on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 05:07 pm:

That's exactly what I was thinking. Find one to start with and save yourself a step.

By Slothrop on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 05:10 pm:

now that's AMERICAN INGENUITY!

By Jada on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 05:33 pm:

Spider, after i cut my hands off, i'll mail them to you. This way when your tired of using your own hands {to satisfy yourself} you can use mine.

By Slothrop on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 05:57 pm:

alright! this is a hip crowd.

By Cat on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 06:40 pm:

Another one fooled. This is too easy.

Next.

By cyst on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 06:43 pm:

I'm being followed by a moonshadow.

in the last couple pages of the book I've been reading, the main character's brother "gelded" himself with a sharp little knife in middle of the night. he'd been mumbling some bible passages about what god thinks of the sin of onan, and he felt so bad he just went and severed his balls. then he flings them into the night.

By cyst on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 07:06 pm:

John 3:9: Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

James 1:14-15

[14] But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
    [15] Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
    [16] Do not err, my beloved brethren.

By Nate on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 07:12 pm:

further proof that the bible is bunk.

By Spider on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 09:18 pm:

boring.

By dave. on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 10:08 pm:

truly.

By agatha on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 10:19 pm:

cyst, are you reading wally lamb?

By agatha on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 10:20 pm:

nevermind. i just remembered that he chopped his arm off. my apologies.

happy birthday!

By patrick on Tuesday, May 1, 2001 - 11:24 am:

ears?

By cyst on Tuesday, May 1, 2001 - 02:47 pm:

thanks, agatha.

"cloudsplitter" by russell banks. only 100 pages left to go -- just in time for today's release of the new philip roth. I'm trying to hold off buying it till I can get to an independent bookstore, but if I'm weak b&n or borders may get my business today.

By patrick on Tuesday, May 1, 2001 - 03:14 pm:

Left Bank on Pike

Bailey/Coy on Broadway

MCoy on Pine

Tower on Mercer

Elliot Bay on Main

Queen Anne Avenue Books on uhhhh Queen Anne Ave

By cyst on Tuesday, May 1, 2001 - 03:52 pm:

I thought left bank only sold used books.

a friend works at bailey/coy. he said they got it in. I should go there, I suppose.

is mccoy down on second and pine?

in my mind tower doesn't count as independent.

elliot bay and queen anne are not within blocks of my work or home, unlike all the others, so no.

but thanks! borders didn't have it in yet, so I still haven't bought it.

By patrick on Tuesday, May 1, 2001 - 03:58 pm:

its possible about left bank, there is a left bank in St. Louis that is all used....mostly political studies.

McCoy 117 Pine, so yeah it looks like by the addy its between 1st and 2nd.

Borders has an archaic fulfillment system

I understand Baily Coy is the best in Seattle

By dave. on Tuesday, May 1, 2001 - 08:28 pm:

it's m c coy on second and pine.

and elliot bay is generally referred to as being on 1st. or the 1, as you californiacs might like to call it.

left bank has some good stuff. lots of unused books.

why am i such a dork? i mean, is it inherited or did i just develop like this?

By cyst on Tuesday, May 1, 2001 - 08:31 pm:

the atmosphere here really brings the latent dork out of all of us, I think.

By dave. on Tuesday, May 1, 2001 - 11:16 pm:

it's not just here. i know, it's hard to believe but trust me on this.

By blindswine on Tuesday, May 1, 2001 - 11:37 pm:

shit.

i let my dork loose all the time.

By Kalliope on Wednesday, May 2, 2001 - 12:21 am:

i embrace my dorkdom.

actually, i have a theory on this..

there's geeks, dorks, and nerds...

geeks are smart, but they have hipness, the ability to interact socially, and generally decent taste in music. most people want to be them but they won't admit it.

then there's nerds. nerds are super smart, have no desire to socially interact, and don't give a rats ass about what the world thinks about them. you admire them, but you don't want to be them.

then there's dorks. who think they're smart, will talk on and on about this great book they picked up from the dork store, try to dress cool (but actually look like undersized midgets in drag), and you pray to your god you aren't one of them.

but you might be.

dorks tend to stutter too.

dorkdom is an entirely different element from being a dork though...and completely embracable.

i really need to sleep now.

By patrick on Wednesday, May 2, 2001 - 11:47 am:

i don't understand

By JboxR on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 10:05 am:

d-d-dumb ass! It's s-s-s so s-s-simple!

By Person on Monday, August 9, 2004 - 09:26 pm:

masturbation isn't a sin

By Nate on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 02:06 am:

you fucking idiot. you have to qualify statements like that. that's too general. it can't be true.

for example, what if you're at work? is masturbation a sin then?

what if your job is teaching kindergarten? then is it a sin?

please, person. think first, type second, then close your browser before you push the post button.

do us all a favor.

meanwhile, i just got home from 'festival express' or some such. there is this scene where janis joplin and jerry garcia and that guy from the band are all big pupiled and singing wild and damn, i miss those days of egoless psychedelic freedom.

not those days, specifically, but my own days.

and i came up with act II of my next book. it occurred to me on the drive to the movie, and it rounded out as something that i'd write about instead of going out and doing myself.

unless, of course, patty's game. because he'd have to be part of it.

By Nate on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 10:58 am:

and last night, after i wrote this, i walked naked into my yard and saw that the thin clouds had disappeared and the stars were country bright. the hottub pushed my breath from my chest and i relaxed into it and put my head back and stared at the sky. i relaxed into progressing senescence and my conservative position my mainstream occupation my cleaver life path.

in the house next door clear as if they were in my yard two people argued. she offered him money and love and he couldn't get over the fact that she lost some piece of his mail when he was in the hospital.

he says "...bury you? fine! leave! go! i don't want to see you again!"

she says "you want me dead?"

i try to make them fall into each other's arms, to melt sobbing, to relax into their lives and the comfort of two people, to renew what they once saw in each other, to re-ignite the pilot light that burned...

i don't have such powers.

By Antigone on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 05:35 pm:

Shoulda called me.

Give me latitude and longitude. (down to the minutes and seconds, please.)

By agatha on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 11:42 pm:

Well, we lost Spider for awhile, but look!

Nate's back!

By wisper on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 04:31 am:

polkaroo?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact