How do I find the location of this payphone?

sorabji.com: The Payphone Project: How do I find the location of this payphone?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Violated on Tuesday, September 25, 2001 - 07:37 pm:

Hello. I have been receiving very obscene calls from a payphone. After a little research, I found out that the payphone is located in Lewistown, Pennsylvania. Now, I am looking for an exact location. If anyone can halp me out on this, I would really appreciate it. The payphone number is 717-248-9041. I need an intersection. I have some people in Lewistown that can check up on this loser that keeps calling me. He is a real pervert. I'll keep checking back to see if anyone has any advice on this one. Thanks.

By patrick on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 11:23 am:

My advice would be to go fuckyourself and be glad SOMEONE is calling you.

By TBone on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 11:34 am:

It's probably one of your "people in Lewistown"

By Czarina on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 12:45 pm:

Patrick,go fuck yourself.That was mean.

How would you feel if someone was doing that to N***??????

Sorry hon,I don't know how to find out,but someone here should be able to help you.

After all,this IS the payphone project.Sheeeeesh.

By patrick on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 12:57 pm:

changing your number, calling the cops or having the number blocked are more reasonable things to do than asking an annonymous website, with hopes of getting information, perhaps in pursuit of vigilante justice.

Ive had someone stalk me, call me repeatedly. I changed my number. Problem solved.

by the way, who is coming up with these "Operation" names the gu'bment is applying to the military crap going on? "Infinite Justice" ? "Enduring Freedom?" Are these Bush-isms?

By Hal on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 01:15 pm:

You know I got my ass reamed by ya'll for doing what patrick did... I'm sorry, I think he's fucking right.

By Czarina on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 01:35 pm:

Hal,how can you say that?

We all use the "net",to access information,on a variety of subjects.

How would you feel,if everytime you wanted to know something via the web,some smartass told you to go fuck yourself?

The "payphone project" has been profiled by several magazines,and also on TV talk shows.

Those interviews weren't based on smart-asses
    being rude to people asking honest questions.

By J on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 01:38 pm:

We all get our ass reamed at some point around here,it's all about the ass.

By patrick on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 01:41 pm:

the project is dead. in fact i couldnt even find a link for it on the main page.

i thought what i said was pretty damn funny. and its really just about me.

By Nate on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 01:59 pm:

By patrick on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 02:14 pm:

thats super.

but i was looking at sorabji.com

anyway....

By Nate on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 02:46 pm:

pussy.

By The Watcher on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 03:26 pm:

The Payphone Project will never die.

As long as a need for this information exists The Payphone Project must continue.

There is another site you will also want to check I'll postit here when I can find it again.

By patrick on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 03:36 pm:

didnt mark actually post once that the payphone project was "dead"? Maybe im mistaken.

By Nate on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 04:25 pm:

YOU ARE TSILL ABPUSSY.

By Violated on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 04:37 pm:

JESUS, forget I asked! PATRICK, you are a narcissistic LOSER! This site would be pretty cool, but because of people like yourself, it SUCKS! GROW UP & GET A LIFE!

By Czarina on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 04:47 pm:

Wait,thats not right.I'm the most narcissistic one here.And I refuse to give up my position.

Patricks just been under alot of pressure lately,with the world crisis and all.

By patrick on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 04:55 pm:

HA! thats funny.

"JESUS PATRICK LOSER SUCKS! GROW UP AND GET A LIFE"

love it

By Nate on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 04:55 pm:

fuck you czarina. i'm the most narcasstic.

By Czarina on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 04:59 pm:

I'll see you dance in a little pink tutu,in hell,before I'll let you be the most narcissistic one here!

By Hal on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 05:05 pm:

Fuck Sauce.

By The Watcher on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 05:11 pm:

At least I'm not narcissistic.

I know I'm screwed up. It's just the rest of the world is screwier.

Well, maybe not Czarina or J or even Spider. The rest of you I'll reserve my judgement.

By sarah on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 05:12 pm:

AHEM!

By Nate on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 05:12 pm:

let me? there is no doubt i'm the most narcasstastic. no sane person would disagree. you check my underwear and right there on the waistband it says "NARCASSTASTIC" in black sharpie. up the side of my cock, tattoo'd "NARCASSTASTIC". my craps form "N"s in the toilet bowl, i'm so narcasstastic. when the hubble came into orbit the first thing they did was point it at the earth in an attempt to get a clear picture of my full NARCASSTASTICness. i'm so narcasstastic that i warped the optics.

when god first sneezed, adam ran, cain slew able and i yelled "NARCASSTASTIC".

By Nate on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 05:13 pm:

's spelt "AMEN", sarah. and you jumped the gun.

By The Watcher on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 05:26 pm:

Violated you might want to check here:

http://www.payphone-directory.org

They update more regularly than here.

Sorry, I just checked while I was there and the number in question is not currently listed there.

By Czarina on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 05:28 pm:

I have never,nor will I ever,make a claim to being sane.[and frankly,Mr.Peckerpuss,I resent your implication that I might be]

This alleged "N" forming shit,will need to be substaniated,before I can accept your claim.

So untill such a time,as you can provide documented evidence,concerning your alphabetized feces,I suggest that you:

STEP INTO YOUR LITTLE PINK TUTU,AND GIVE US A WHIRL!

By heather on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 05:31 pm:

the tutu IS really damn cute

By Hal on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 06:25 pm:

Now that frightens me...

So we know Nate is off to London soon, the question is...

Are you going with him Heather?

By Dougie on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 06:42 pm:

Yeah, are you guys doing some sort of long distance romance or something? I did that for a year -- NY to France. Pain in the ass. Phone bills out the wazoo, mucho dinero (or should I say, beaucoup d'argent) spent on plane tickets etc., checking the mailbox every day (this was pre-e-mail).

By Czarina on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 10:41 am:

By patrick on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 01:20 pm:

this completely sucks ass

By M on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 03:39 pm:

that peter pan dude ROCKS!

By JboxR on Tuesday, October 16, 2001 - 12:26 pm:

I dunno if the payphone project is finished or not, but some people are still having fun with the phones... From Newsweek:

Utilities, telecommunications plants and factories have always been vulnerable to physical attack. Now they make electronic targets, too. Operators have increasingly managed critical systems at remote locations over the Internet with small computers called process-control devices. The remote operation is a great convenience to communications and energy companies that may have equipment spread over a large distance. But it creates liabilities. gThese process-control devices are simple devices that run stripped-down operating systems,h Kurtz says. gNo one wants to shut [the factories] down to fix them, but they are vulnerable.h
    Even when systems are not connected to the Internet, they may rely on dial-in technologies that, according to Kurtz, give someone with technical savvy a 90 percent chance of breaking in. Interception is difficult; the perpetrators can launch attacks from virtually anywhere in the world. Unlike physical attacks, these provide no hard records, such as hotel reservations or airline tickets, to telegraph a warning.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact