770-657-1021

sorabji.com: The Payphone Project: 770-657-1021
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Bill on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 07:58 pm:

can anyone find out where in georgia this number is located like persons name address anything liek this or if its a ppayphone/calling card? thanks

-Bill

By Secret Agent 440 on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 05:38 am:

How did you get the # without having the addy or name? Are you SURE the area code is 770? How much is it worth to you & why do you want to know?

By Nomoreshitcalls on Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 09:36 am:

I want to know too! That number is on my caller ID and they didn't leave a message. The area code is from Georgia.

By Bob on Sunday, December 1, 2002 - 11:16 am:

I'm getting the same number on caller ID also in Indiana.

By Lola on Monday, December 2, 2002 - 01:48 pm:

I am in Iowa and I had it too.

By Lola on Monday, December 2, 2002 - 01:50 pm:

If you call the number back it has a recording that tells you it is a calling card number. Hope that helps!

By DK on Monday, December 2, 2002 - 04:44 pm:

I too had this phone number and I can confirm that it came from a calling card. It is probably the host number of a specific calling card company.

By Shsgravybaby on Wednesday, December 4, 2002 - 07:28 pm:

Its a calling card...My boyfriend uses it and that is the number that shows on my caller id each time he uses it. Several times it has been different numbers/area codea/etc ... I assume they change up with each calling card, or available lines.

By ME on Wednesday, December 4, 2002 - 11:08 pm:

I just got a call from that number in Miami.

By Eriji on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 11:30 pm:

Someone called me from a payphone using a calling card from this number.

By Eric on Saturday, December 7, 2002 - 06:24 pm:

I got a call in Virginia. I think it's people we don't
    want to talk to dude.

By Reverend NatX on Sunday, December 8, 2002 - 12:35 am:

What a sad world we live in :(

By By curious too on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 10:10 am:

From ny on Monday December 9,2002
    today is Tuesday December 10,2002
    Seem to me this number from Georgia is getting around the world.A prepaid phone calling card does not give the calling card phone number. It gives the name of the place where you are at with that phone number.Maybe more that one person uses that phone number?It could be a cell phone number?Let us know if you find out anything.

By Drharl on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 05:52 pm:

Interesting. I just got two calls from that number. One to my office and one to my cell phone, which only a few people have. My conclusion is that it's a prepaid calling service. The recording that answers when you redial it states it is a "prepaid service". Maybe a prepaid, disposable cell phone. Whoever called definately knew me since the had both of my unpulished numbers. I think it was an ex-girl friend yanking my chain. She must miss me?!

By Jack in Mtl. on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 10:50 pm:

This "person" called my home and asked for me by name, refused to identify themselves (I was told that it sounded like a young man), stated that they'd call back later but never did..............
    ......................curious.....

By DTO on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 12:03 am:

Shows up on my caller ID at 6:04 PM, Dec 10 2002. This is a cell phone. I missed the call because it was left in my car.

By The prof in montreal on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 09:42 am:

i got an e-mail From a person who seems to know my e-mail addresslisting this number. How is this possible? So now I guess the person is looking for something different than before. What do you think it could be?

By Dave on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 12:28 pm:

I get this number about twice a week, strangely enough about everytime I'm in the can (so I've always missed it). This has been going on for about 2 months now.

By Iowa on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 11:51 pm:

I got a call from this number twice today. I can't beleive there is a site with it listed. Very strange.

By John SF CA on Saturday, December 14, 2002 - 06:11 pm:

I 've also received several calls from this # - I'm in
    California.... Like the above from IA I can't believe there
    is a site talking about it !!!! What the hell... maybe it's
    some telemarketing thing???

By Dave on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 04:21 pm:

By HOPALONG on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 01:46 pm:

THIS NUMBER IS IN NORTHWEST GEORIGA AT A PLACE CALLED :THE HOUSE THAT SPAM BUILT: RECIVED A CALL FROM IT 12-15 02 8:30 A:M:

By Alpha_Geek on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 03:24 pm:

CONFIRMED AS A PAYPHONE NUMBER at the very least. Since many payphone providers pool outbound call lines to cut costs and maximize profit, the same "calling number" can be used as the outbound line on many phones, even if the payphone provider services multiple states. This scheme probably also keeps them from having different charges on their phones for in-state or out-of-state long distance charges. I'll bet this company either has no payphones in GA for this reason, or routes calls from their GA payphones through some other call center.

If the same company is providing calling card services, it makes perfect sense to pool those outbound lines for that purpose as well.

The call I recieved from this number was from my girlfriend, who at the time was at the Virginia DMV office on 2055 Abbey Road in Charlottesville, VA.

Mystery solved?

By Margie on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 06:45 pm:

I get the number on my caller ID from the two
    people that I gave calling cards . . . purchased
    from Sam's Club. That would explain the reason
    why the number is so widely used.

By CRB on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 10:54 pm:

I recieved a somewhat threatening message on my cell from this number. Any suggestions?

By Czarina on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 01:14 pm:

I suspect its Sam Walton making those calls.

Use caution.

By Its probly phone card number on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 12:31 pm:

wow.... this is very curious... i'm in Charlottesville, Virginia and received a call from this number but i was away from my cell phone at the time.... funny how a lot of people are talking about ex-girlfriends too... since i just broke up like 3 weeks ago and she went left town for good on Tuesday. Weird~

By Stonedandfreaked on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 07:44 pm:

Too bizarre for words ... I just got a call from this number, according to *69, from a woman in New Hampshire I had anonymous phone sex with .. the caller ID said Georgia. And I just broke up with my girlfriend Saturday ...

By Stonedandfreaked on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 07:46 pm:

oh ... and I lived in Charlottesville for a few years ... I got my plates at that DMV ... is this all for real?

By jack on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 10:25 pm:

yes.
    no.
    yes.

Caller ID + Saturday.....DMV = plates.

girlfriend + phone sex + Charlottesville?

yes.
    all of these things sound real.

By jack on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 10:28 pm:

hold up, I'm sorry...New Hampshire, Georgia--- they all sound real unless you're saying that your girlfriend's name is Saturday. That doesn't sound right.

Are you sure about that part?

By Leon on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 11:33 am:

HEY JACK!

By Chrissy PA on Saturday, December 21, 2002 - 11:03 am:

I recieved a phone call also on thursday night at about 1130pm. The girl asked for me by name, and then she asked again. I just hung up on her. I don't have time for phantom phone calls........

By MAD WI on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 03:47 pm:

Add me to the list for this number. I was gone when the call came. When I got in there were no messages so I *69'd my phone and it said that the call was received on December 21st at 9:55pm CT.

My guesses: marketing pool number, regular calling card number (ATT?, Sprint?), special # to hide identity.

Very few people have my unlisted/unpublished #.

By Another on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 12:58 pm:

very strange. the # showed up on my ny cell phone--i'm glad I missed it. i get a feeling that if you answer, your info is logged somewhere, and you'll end up getting screwed somehow.

By Another on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 01:01 pm:

MAD WI, are you in madison, WI? If you are, then this is doubly strange b/c although the call came on my NY cell, I am currently in madison for the holidays...

By Zee wulf on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 04:37 pm:

the number is part of a pool of at&t pre-paid phone card lines. one origination number is 800-569-6972.

By Mnavrot on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 05:35 pm:

Got the call twice yesterday, no message left. Anyone here have T-mobile/voicestream service.

MN

By Cant say on Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 05:26 pm:

I received a phone call December 26th, 3:09 PM. It was apprently from this number. The person said the were from "a chat line." They wanted a Hether. I have not heard of this person. They wanted to know where I was from and if there were any children in the house. She was a young female who said she was from Arizona. She offered personal imformation, and said she was going to "get" Hether for phone harassment...

By Buffalo Rancher on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 02:58 am:

Received call in South Dakota, Thursday, December 26th,2002, 7:38 p.m., answered phone, said hello twice, no response, then heard sound of woman screaming and gunshots, then phone went dead.

By Nate on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 10:04 am:

WRONG NUMBERS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

By Cant say on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 12:47 pm:

What do you mean by that Nate?

By Nate on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 01:09 pm:

well, you know, just dial carefully.

By Kai on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 12:57 am:

The # is from maryland... my x-grirl friend called me today from that number to tell me merry chirstmass. Unless she was in georgia for some odd reason... i dunno seems odd to me

By Nate on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 01:27 am:

she was in georgia. she was in georgia with her sphincter wrapped around the rosy end of my third eye.

didn't you hear the schlurp?

By Cant say on Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 05:34 pm:

Nate, you confuse me

By Nate on Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 09:58 pm:

confess.

By What_in_the on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 04:12 pm:

I also got the 770-657-1021 number.
    I live in Phoenix AZ.

Have we determined it's a calling card?
    thanks

By Chris on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 04:14 pm:

This is very weird. Everyone seems to have the exact same # show up, and I broke up with an Ex a while back, this is very very strange. They didn't leave a message either. If anyone like, you can email me at hank@lecn.com.

CH

By California on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 01:00 am:

We got two calls from that number today.
    Freaked out from all of the speculation then learned via e-mail that a friend had called and used a calling card, but didn't leave a message. My roommate then picked up her calling card (AT&T owned number, calling card...purchased at Sams Club) and dialed my cell phone. While she was standing in the same room with me, my cell phone began to ring (obviously her calling me from our house phone)caller id showed the 770-657-1021 number...so it seems as if that number is a number owned by AT&T and connected to several calling cards sold at Sams Club. Still I guess we all should still be careful.

By Dani on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 10:10 am:

My Mom calls me with Sam's Club calling cards. When she called yesterday, the number on the ID box was 720-587-9978.

By Fred on Wednesday, January 1, 2003 - 11:33 am:

Happy New Year!

By Sms on Wednesday, January 1, 2003 - 05:29 pm:

I just got a call from that number too today in Missouri. It was on my cell phone and I just missed it. Only a few people have my number. Weird.

By J on Thursday, January 2, 2003 - 02:41 am:

Well that was me and I wondered if you wanted to see my third nut.

By Slacker-cracker-Vegas on Thursday, January 2, 2003 - 07:54 am:

i got this number on my cell caller id at 22:43. in the city of Lost Vegas, nevada-- old girl friend looking to say hello. have not talked to her as to where and how she came across it. public phone used most likely. sprint-public, pac-bell/cingular-cell? are they sleeping together?

By Catwoman_1964 on Thursday, January 2, 2003 - 10:59 am:

I believe this is a calling card. This number was on my boyfriend's cell phone about the time his mother called him from South Carolina. We are located in Georgia. She was using a calling card when she placed the call. I am pretty sure it is a calling card. Hope this eases some of your wonders!!!

By Catwoman_1964 on Thursday, January 2, 2003 - 11:01 am:

PLEASE READ BELOW....I FOUND THE ANSWER ON ANOTHER SITE....READ BELOW.....

770-657-1021 (Score:1)
    by Calcbert (40347) on Thursday December 19, @08:54PM (#4927381)
    The phone number mentioned in "The House That Spam Built," 770-657-1021, is from an AT&T Prepaid Phone Card. Mine was purchased at Sam's Club. I have also seen 612-605-9550 come through from the same card.

By David E. on Saturday, January 4, 2003 - 02:42 am:

as you all may have guessed... the number showed up on my phone bill... it IS a calling card number
    and i belive that it is a common number used by AT&T by the huge ammount of posts here... nice to know i got something in common with so many ppl.
    i do know the particular party that called me using the number at least so for me the mystery is solved.

By Mike D. on Sunday, January 5, 2003 - 11:49 pm:

I got a message from this number to my NY cell phone on Sunday 5th, 8:41 PM. I was away, so I did not answer. The message was in a different language that I did not understand. There was a lot of screeming and cursing. BTW, no one knows my cell phone number, except I have given it to some calling cards companies on the internet. This is because sometime I buy calling cards from the internet and use them to make calls.

I am not sure what is going on?

By J on Monday, January 6, 2003 - 12:31 am:

That was somebody who didn't care for my tri-nut scan.some people just can't appreciate true art.Pray for them.....

By Screening on Tuesday, January 7, 2003 - 12:33 am:

just got a call from 770-657-1021 on a private line, and saw that it bounced to a GA area code. no message. a little (lot) bit bothered, i tried to hunt the number down through rev. directories, etc. Finally, typed it in here and lo and behold. Thanks.

By Dila on Wednesday, January 8, 2003 - 10:22 pm:

I live in Mobile and my son just arrived in Chicago enroute to Great Lakes (US Navy boot camp). He called for about 30 seconds to tell me he got there. I didn't have time to ask him how he was calling (it was not collect) but 770-657-1021 showed up on the caller ID. My guess is he borrowed a calling card from one of his "shipmates." I found this site because I was searching the Net, worried that he was really stranded/bailed-out in Atlanta but now I'm relieved that it is a calling card.

By Middle Sis on Monday, January 13, 2003 - 07:14 pm:

A woman by the name of Patsy Quick, who lives in Bennettsville, South Carolina, harrasses my parents all the time via phone. She used to work for them, and began harrassing them 2 years ago after they fired her for stealing. The number that comes up on the caller id every time she calls is 770-657-1021. When they *69 the call, it gives them the same message of being a prepaid service. If Sam's Club and AT&T are going to continue selling these cards, then they are going to continue giving lunatics like Patsy Quick a way to harass people via phone without leaving any proof. By the way, my parents' phone has a privacy block on it, so Patsy can no longer call from her home. That is why she went out and bought one of these prepaid cards. Does anyone know how we can stop this? Does anyone know how we can get the card invalidated or the service shut down?

By Patsy Quick on Monday, January 13, 2003 - 07:48 pm:

you shut yer mouth or I'll beat tha tar outta you!

By Middle Sis on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 12:11 am:

Yeah, that's about the way she sounds, especially to my family seeing as how we are from up North. Seriously though, any ideas?

By Bob in Massachusetts on Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 10:37 pm:

Wow I was reading this thinking "hmm what a weird phenomenon" and just for the hell of it checked my caller ID. Well, sure enough, it was on there. However, i'm pretty sure that that call, even though it was listed as "GEORGIA", was from my mom's colleague from her work. At her place of work, they often use calling cards which they get from WalMart, if that helps anyone out there.

By Ooohmikey on Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 11:22 pm:

By GStout on Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 11:34 pm:

damn i got a call from this # and so did the whole town council of Biddeford Maine!!!

By NJ fella on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 09:06 am:

I got two calls from 770-657-1021. It's an AT&T routing number for pre-paid calling cards. It's NOT the Spam guy. It's NOT a conspiracy (well, my in-laws bought the card so that's debateble I guess). But this should be end of story. Let's get on with real life.

By Lets move on on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 10:42 am:

This number appears on the ID when someone we know calls the house using a pre-paid calling card they bought. End of mystery.

By Another another on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 09:21 pm:

The mystery went from "what and where is this number" to "how do we stop it" about 7 messages ago. We know it is a pre-paid calling system, but we want to know how to stop people from prank calling with these cards, that's the "mystery".
    I think we would all gladly move on if we weren't getting these calls so often. And, I don't know about you, but my phone ringing every 20 minutes, the person hanging up, and the call not being a call you can trace is real to me and not something you can just ignore. I mean, don't you think most of us would love to move on and not have this be our real life!!! Oh, but thanks for the help.....sarcasm...

By jack on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 11:07 pm:

Are you really saying that your life is controlled by hang up phone calls?

By Another another on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 11:31 am:

I don't recall typing the word "controlled". Do you recall reading it???

By Nate on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 01:40 pm:

just a point out of hand, you don't actually have to explicitly type a word in order to imply its meaning.

for example, jack might tell me that you enjoy the feeling of your balls slapping against hairy haunches when you're fucking pigs or goats. i might infer from that that you are into beastiality, even though the word 'beastiality' never entered the conversation.

just like, though you haven't actually typed "i am a dumbass", it is implicitly clear that you are sub-par.

By dave. on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 02:00 pm:

beastiality isn't even a word.

By Nate on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 02:53 pm:

exactly my point.

By jack on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 05:09 pm:

what nate said, er, typed. and then some.

By Another another on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 06:05 pm:

Nate & Jack,

If you insist on trying to insult me, at least rise to my level and play up here. Your snide remarks and references to body parts (you obviously feel inferior about) have plagued this site for far too long. This is an adult site regarding a phone number that is linked to many harassing and unknown phone calls. I found this site in searching for a solution to the hang-ups and truly wanted an answer. That being said, I don't think this site will offer any further knowledge to me on this phone number. It is obviously a pre-paid calling card number that will never be traced and will allow for prank calls as long as the cards are on the market. Therefore, I have no intention of accessing this site again. I will not insult the two of you for lacking in quality of life, as you frequently display throughout this site. I will ask, though, if anyone else has noticed how "close and supportive" Nate and Jack are of each other? (If you know what I mean and if there are even two of them???) Good luck to all with this number. And, to the kids, Nate and Jack, grow up and at least buy a life if you cannot get one on your own character. Thank you for the last word.

By Dave on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 06:07 pm:

I love it when inferior commoners are put in their place! Kudos to you, Aa!

By patrick on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 06:43 pm:

HA!

i love it when the clueless lecture.

By Nate on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 07:32 pm:

thank you for putting me in my place. i am a poor and worthless soul.

i've been spouting my petty, low brow bullshit on this adult site for what, 7 years now? why couldn't someone tell me so plainly what a waste i am sooner? maybe then i could have acheived a college education, perhaps obtained a real job! or at least a real hobby!

By Peanut gallery on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 07:43 pm:

we honestly enjoy your lowbrow brand of petty, cheap fun.

By jack on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 08:43 pm:

" I mean, don't you think most of us would love to move on and not have this be our real life!!! "

so, are you saying your life is controlled by hang up phone calls, or not? you never answered my question question, another another.

i can't wait to grow up and buy a life! i hope i can get one without torturous telephone harassment harassment. it sounds so terrible.

By another jack on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 08:47 pm:

oh, by the way, i didn't try to insult you.

By Jim Walton on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 12:21 am:

Dammit! I love a good urban legend. I'm on the outskirts of Bentonville, Arkansas...HOME OF SAMS CLUB! Have you noticed how the calls have gradually crept back towards Sam's Club?

I'm sure it's Sam Walton! It's all a hose job - him supopsedly dying fo cancer. He's hanging out with Elvis and Patsy. Jim Morrison is in on it too!

They hit my caller ID at 10:41 PM, 1/28/03.

IM MAD AS HELL AND IM NOT TAKING THIS CRAP ANYMORE SAM!

By Mantewarless on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 01:26 am:

On a serious note, I work for a small CLEC in Missouri, and had a strange call from one of my customers concerning this call.

An individual called them searching for a family member of a deceased person. The customer abruptly answered that's my wife, but her maiden name is not the name in question, it's...and he proceded to give it to them without any thought.
    The person calling immediately hung up.

Being on the cautious side, this customer called me, and explained what happened, and also contacted the local PD. After finding this site, I also called the PD (cops, nate, so quit scratching your head trying to think of it) to inform them of what I had found out.

I also called the customer back, and confirmed it was an untraceable number to him. To play it safe, he is contacting his credit card companies to forewarn them of any purchases that are not accompanied by a call from him verifying who he is.

From my view on this, some of these misplaced calls aren't misplaced. All it takes is a little personal information, and a credit card receipt, and your life becomes hell.

By Derrit on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 02:42 pm:

2:35pm feb 10 -- im in narragansett ri

By Survivor on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 10:50 pm:

i got it too...im scared...what the hell is going on?

By J on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 12:17 am:

You are a target.

By Italia mafioso on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 02:07 am:

some guy called me out of the blue on my cell phone number which only people that i know have it at 7:00pm and asked for me by my real name,saying to me that i was refered by my college for an internship at this company southwestern some telle marketing place and he wanted to meet with me at this office at my school.I thought that was pretty odd..considering the school dosnt have my real name or phone numbers?

By jack on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 03:51 pm:

probably someone from one of the other families. i'd get somebody on that if i were you.

By BiHgBiHlZ on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 08:55 pm:

Well my concern is how many people who have received this call have been in criminal trouble or may be currently possibly doing a criminal thing. Myself I've been in a tad of trouble in the past and what i'm concerned with is that it may be a way of somehow gaining "listening" access to my phone convos... so anyone who received this # on their ID... anyone in your household possibly in legal trouble currently or in the past?

By J on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 01:50 am:

Yea,it's always something round here,now I'm paranoid.

By Irritated on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 09:12 pm:

How many freaking times do we have to establish that this number is a calling card? Doesn't anyone read before they post, or are you all morons?

I got this call too. I'm surprised some of you are even bright enough to find this board.

By Park on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 09:33 pm:

I received a call from the infamous 770-657-1021 at 7:41pm (EST) on Feb 19, 2003. The caller did not leave a message, but I did hear some typing in the background on my voice mail. This is the 4th or 5th call from this number in the past few months.

With a quick search on Google I found this website, read all the stories and found it very entertaining! But yet a part of me is a bit disturbed after reading the article at: http://ares.penguinhosting.net/~leftreveggplant/.

Are we creating an Urban Legend? – Maybe
    Its secret number used by ex-girlfriends to break balls- Probably
    Is it SAMS CLUB fleecing America through AT&T- Almost Certainly

Regardless Its been fun!

Ps- How many of you are named Rick or Richard- maybe another twist in the story!

By Park on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 09:53 pm:

Funniest thing- Just received another call from 770-657-1021 – I was an ex-girlfriend breaking balls!

By Daffyduck on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 02:58 pm:

all I can think of is that the more people that post about this freakin' number, the more pyschos will go to Sam's Club, buy a calling card and start making crank calls...NO MORE WIRE HANGERS

By Mike on Tuesday, February 25, 2003 - 06:02 pm:

will this number show up on your cell phone bill if your dialing out on the calling card or does it just show up on caller id? i saw this phone number listed on someones cell phone bill as a call made from that number- just wondering.

By Tony on Tuesday, February 25, 2003 - 10:46 pm:

My caller ID showed a call from 770-657-1021. Then an hour or so later, another came in as 720-587-9978. From what I've been able to find out so far, I think I'll be receiving at least one more from another such #. I'm like many above have said, I wish there were something to do to block these calls out.

By Babs Northern California on Saturday, March 1, 2003 - 06:24 pm:

Just received a 770-657-1021 call showing up on caller ID. Didn't answer it though and am glad of it reading everyone else's posted curiosities.

By Arret on Sunday, March 2, 2003 - 04:24 am:

Ok, I know it's a pre-paid calling card service which traces back to somewhere in Georgia but has anyone been able to get the actual number where the call originated from. I've received calls from both 720-657-1021 and 720-587-9978, Example contacting AT&T or whoever and ask for the numbers that dialed out using that number at a particular time/date and State/location. I know who the caller is but I just want to find out the number that they are dialing from when using the card.

By Janice on Monday, March 3, 2003 - 09:49 pm:

We are also receiving calls from this number, however they are typing in numbers to the phone and the numbers just happened to be the code to our answering machine... Imagine listening to your messages being played. We changed machines but are still getting the calls... had two just tonight. Never leave a message just play a code.

By 009 on Friday, March 7, 2003 - 09:58 pm:

well Im kind of mad cuz the friggin number shows on the caller ID, I'm in Puerto Rico at the time and the phone I have is a business phone number; they call and wont speak, leave me the hell alone!!!! =oP

By CD on Monday, March 10, 2003 - 01:32 pm:

In Cleveland OH area...We got a .70 charge on our phone bill for Automatic Call Back to the number in question...770-657-1021. I know we didn't *69 it because it was at 9:28am on February 4th. A Tuesday when both of us are at work. I called the phone company to get the charge removed and asked the operator to tell me what the number was. She said she wasn't able to find it in her computer.

This is the first time I've seen the number but will watch for it.

By CD on Monday, March 10, 2003 - 01:33 pm:

Area Code: 770

Prefix: 657

Other Info: CLEC

Forgot to mention, I found this info on an area code website. Doesn't mean anything to me but the calls are routed through Atlanta, GA

By Steven- Las Vegas on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 08:57 pm:

Just recieved a phone call to my cell phone with the same number in Las Vegas, NV. What on earth is this?

By Mala-dicta on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 10:41 am:

The mob is on to you,watch your back.

By Connors on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 10:40 pm:

The actual origins of 770.657.1021 are far more benign
    than circumstance would lead one to believe. The
    latent key found within the digits themselves, however,
    unlocks a Much more interesting riddle.

Try "hooking up" to the call using an MM-05, or 'Krunch-
    whistle'- if you can find a machine to plug one into.

By Hamomoto on Thursday, March 20, 2003 - 07:31 pm:

I did it! I don't know what's going on here, but I can
    hook up incoming calls and I can't believe what I'm
    hearing!

I also keep hearing that posts on this board and others
    are subject to certain 'techniques'.

There has been some misinformation distributed...

By GayBuck on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 11:25 am:

This number showed up on my cell ID when i got a call from a very hot guy for phone sex. Very benign, not unwelcome, not harrassment. I believe all those posts that say it's a calling card call, although I don't know how those things work (behind the scenes, that is...).
    My guess is that the guy from that "eggplant" URL wasn't aware of this fact, and thought that he had a "live wire" by tracing that number.
    Chill out dudes and dudettes - it takes all kinds to make a world - even phone harrassers, and sexy men! (Thank god!!)

By GayBuck on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 11:26 am:

Oh yeah - this guy said he was from Wisconsin - go go figure.... LOL

By Cat on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 01:37 pm:

This number is a phone card number. I've used it. My boyfriend buys the cards from Sam's Club in Minnesota. Hope this helps.

By VA on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 04:27 pm:

yeah I've had this # on my cell for 1 year under my freinds dad, and today i decided to find out where the # came from soo i'm here and relized its not his #

By Buckelew on Wednesday, April 2, 2003 - 08:30 am:

I got a call from this 770-657-1021 at 5:30AM.
    Of course, the caller hung up when I
    answered.

On other sites noted by the "Google" search
    engine, I noticed the name "Kelly Intigo"
    associated with the number. Some kind of
    promoter.

The number is registered at a CLEC in NE
    Atlanta. I'm going to contact the FCC and the
    CLEC owner to see if they'll resolve the
    situation.

By Fuzzy on Wednesday, April 2, 2003 - 08:56 pm:

The numbers mentioned in this thread are from calling cards, and
    *most* of the users of that particular brand card are telemarketers,
    however, there are many 'normal users' out there using those cards
    as well. For those of us who don't generally accept calls from
    numbers we don't recognize, it makes it tough weeding out the
    nonsense calls when the numbers are set up in this way. I had 18 calls
    today between the 3 numbers that have been mentioned in this
    thread, and not a single one of those were from anyone I knew...all
    were telemarketers! It's been that way on several occassions.

They are generally different companies calling, and I do request
    being taken off their call list(s), but what an intrusion on my time
    when there are that many! BTW, I have Internic to thank for it as
    they are the main place spammers got my phone number & email
    address to begin with. Since I own several com/net/org domains, and
    the info you submit to registrars when registering a domain is 'public
    record', all someone has to do is download the registar's user
    database, put that info on CD, and sell that CD to others....(we have all
    probably seen the ads in our email from people selling such a CD of
    "millions of email addresses and phone contacts").

I wish I knew my user info was going to be passed around like that
    years ago when I registered my first domains. Giving fake phone
    number/email info is now a common practice with people registering
    domains, however, when I started, you HAD to give real info as
    internic would (and often did)call you if there was a problem
    registering a domain name.

Sort of makes it pointless to be paying the $2.50 per month charge
    for having my number unlisted and non-published, eh???

Ok...now a question for anyone who may be 'in the know' on specific
    phone related stuff....
    I would think, with today's technology, that there must be a way to
    block 'specific' numbers. I know about, and utilize, 'anonymous call
    rejection', but is there anything out there for *specific number* call
    rejection, either telco or 3rd party hardware/software available
    that any of you know of??

By Myflunky on Saturday, April 12, 2003 - 00:08 pm:

Okay... but if these calls are from telemarketers, why am I getting calls at 2:23am?

By Nate on Saturday, April 12, 2003 - 00:58 pm:

"By Myflunky on Saturday, April 12, 2003 - 00:08 pm:"

wtf is 00:08pm?

By eri on Saturday, April 12, 2003 - 01:22 pm:

"but if these calls are from telemarketers, why am I getting calls at 2:23am?"

hehehehe. How funny. You don't seriously think that telemarketers for major companies only work from 9-5 mon-fri do you? Shit the AT&T telemarketing office I used to work in is now open 24/7, 365 days a year.

By Kevin Gallagher on Saturday, April 12, 2003 - 07:59 pm:

You people are really fucking weird.
    It's my number. But I'm not calling all of you. Honestly, I'm not.

By Dick Kehm on Sunday, April 13, 2003 - 05:28 pm:

Hey!... That's my Mom's number. Are you living with my Mother?

By Ray on Monday, April 14, 2003 - 09:31 am:

My number is 214-370-0101 its been ringing off wall for past month with wrong numbers, Collect call messages. Also fax tones. My caller I.D. says "unavailable" and sometimes says 770-000-0000 or either 550-000-0000. 2 days ago I got a call from intl operator asking if I would accept collect call from some company in Singapore?
    (I dont want to change my number - any suggestions)

By KEITH on Monday, April 14, 2003 - 02:22 pm:

MY WIFE GOT THE CALL ON HER CELL PHONE, DON'T KNOW WHY

By Ak on Thursday, April 17, 2003 - 09:39 pm:

hmmmmmmmmm

By Asshole on Friday, April 18, 2003 - 00:40 am:

She probably does.

By Shelia on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 10:09 pm:

I got the same call today from this number but the person left a message. It was a friend of my daughters who moved two years ago to Kentucky. So the calling card explanation works for me since it is the same number you guys are talking about and the message was left. I guess lots of calling cards have this same number.

By patrick on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 01:55 am:

interesting. i got a call from a friend who lives in brooklyn the other night and my ID recorded a 770 number, which is atlanta. threw me off at first but seeing Shelia's post (as i usually skip over these phone related threads) made me realize this is why such an exact number appeared

By Rattle2k on Friday, April 25, 2003 - 04:20 am:

I got the same call from the same number. (IE) 770-657-1021. I didn't answer the phone, BUT, I hunted down and traced the incoming call with an electronics friend and a reserve police officer. After we recieved the location, we then proceeded to it and burnt the place to the ground killing everyone who was inside. Problem Solved I hope!! :)

By Julie on Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 01:52 pm:

I just got a message from the same number...NY

By Mb in colorado on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 10:22 pm:

got to be a prepaid phone card. I live in Colorado and 770.657.1021 came upon the ID box. The call was business related, the caller gave me their address and phone #. my concern arose when I saw that their phone # did not match that on the caller ID box. I called the number they gave me. The person who had placed the original call to me, whose number showed on caller ID as 770.657.1021 answered at the other number they gave me; which by the way is also in Colorado. Therefore, it must be her long distance service prepaid plan.

By ARP on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 11:12 am:

My ex called me from this number, I thought he was in Georgia. Just wondered why he was there and who's number it was. This site explained it. Doesn't help me too much though.

By JP on Saturday, May 3, 2003 - 07:09 am:

I live in Florida.
    I first received this number (770-657-1021) April 26th. It was from a party who responded to my classified ad for a DVD I was selling, "SONG OF THE SOUTH". They came by my apartment and introduced themselves as 'Fran' and 'Robert'. They bought the DVD and left. Monday I noticed that this number was on my cell! Having not giving out my cell to these people I was taken aback. I called the 770 number to see what they needed and got a message stating that this is a prepaid phone number and I could not return my calls to it.
    Then later that evening I get a call from 770-657-1020! When I answered it turned out to be another party interested in purchasing the DVD, "SONG OF THE SOUTH". I asked this guy to give me another number to call him back at and it turns out he is legit with a 863 area code (Polk Cty. Florida) and his information comes up through whitepages.com.
    This certain series of events rattled me because this DVD's copyrights are in question and I have received a letter 2 years ago from DISNEY in Burbank, CA. asking me to stop selling it.
    After consulting a copyright lawyer I determined that it was a scare letter and have continued selling it. Well, after reading the many posts on this site I feel better. These numbers seem to be coming from a variety of people.
    Adios!

By Smiley on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 08:07 pm:

I got a call from 770-657-1021 this evening about 4:00 p.m. I just dialed the # & the pre-recording message says its a call from some1 using a phone card. The person calling using this card> acts like they really know you.

There are "sick" ppl in this world!!!!

By eri on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 10:42 pm:

Ummmmm, wouldn't someone who called you on their calling card.....know you? Just a thought.

By Smiley7298 on Saturday, May 10, 2003 - 01:55 pm:

Erie

The person who is calling doesn't know me @ all, they just act like they do. hmmmmmm Why would a person say they would report my hubby to the police for harrassment & he hasn't had a dispute withany 1 !! The person from the phone call>never identifies themselves, hmmmm.

By eri on Saturday, May 10, 2003 - 04:36 pm:

Maybe you don't know your husband as well as you think you do.

By Biff on Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 02:10 pm:

I got a call from this number on my cell phone at about 11:30 AM Sunday, May 11th - did not leave a message.

By DJ on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 01:48 am:

I just got a call on my cell phone from this number 770-657-1021. They did not leave a message, but my recorded message gives out my office number. Within ten minutes, the same number, 770-657-1021, is calling the office number, which also has "Privacy Plus", which does not allowed unidentified calls. The caller ID shows the number, but "unavailable" is in the caller name space.
    It all started sometime after 9:00 PM Arizona time.
    Very wierd...I almost wish I had answered the call.

By Falcongunner on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 06:13 pm:

On 11 May 2003, 11:20 AM. I recieved a phone call on my Sprint cell. No message was left. But after more investigation I found out that my girl friend used a pre-paid calling card purchased at SAMS. If you are planning on calling someone with out being traced this is a good way from what I have read.

Enjoy...

By Southern PC Gal on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 05:39 pm:

I got a call from this number at work. I *69'd a somewhat unhappy customer at the company I work at, to see if I could get some info on who it was and contact him. This number came up, and I did a reverse lookup and came up with this website! I am outside of Charlotte, NC in a little town named Shelby. And it was a local guy because he sounded like a hick!

By Babygirlblue74 on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 04:05 pm:

I got a call on Sunday, May 11 @ 8:02 pm from 770-657-1021. It was a man with a crackly voice, and giggling alot. He asked if I knew who it was, and I said no. He asked what I was doing. I wasn't home, I was at a party so it was hard to hear. When I asked what he was doing (so I could try and place the voice) he said he was doing laundry, and kept giggling. When I asked why he kept laughing he said he was nervous calling me. I said I needed to go because I wasn't home. He said when he saw me log onto the computer later that night he would call me back. He never did. It's driving me insane. I need to know who it was!!

By Giggles on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 11:54 am:

It was me!

By Interested Party on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 07:29 pm:

The number 770 657 1021 has been used recently by a man purporting to be from the Chicago area who uses the name Italian Mike.

This person is involved in very serious and dangerous-sounding intimidation and threats to apparently achieve some as yet undiscovered business goal.

The victim is trying to determine who "Italian Mike" is.

"Italian Mike" is in the Los Angeles area and has shown his face only twice to the victim; he appears to be in his 50's, 5'8", 240, probably of Italian descent, clean shaven, with slicked back dark hair (thinning) and he is involved with the gaming industry in some way, perhaps only peripherially.

Any information you may have on this person should be posted here, please.

Thank you.

By Italian Mike on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 11:19 am:

(bad imitation Italian accent)

Hey man! You think you know whaccha talkin'
    'bout? I'm justa beezinus man trying to eat, uh?

By BizarreAbyss.Com on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 01:19 pm:

I just got a call (Ohio) from that number and called it back and it's "no longer in service"
    A search of the phone number brought me to this site... Jerk-Off asked for my KID! Scary!

By Eddie on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 12:10 am:

I got one of these calls too. I wasnt home and the answering machine just had the click sound of someone hanging up-which isnt like most telemarketers, they are usually gone as soon as the machine picks up.
    So the calling card part is evident, but why the hang-ups and malicious messages people are reporting? Has anyone taken this to the authorities (whoever they might be)?
    peace

By Someguy on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 04:32 am:

I get the same call quite often from 770 657-1021. weird thing is that it sounds like someone hanging up everytime we answer the phone. Weird.

By Nicocillan on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 02:25 pm:

I got a call from this # at 3:59am. Which really pissed me off, if anyone figures out a trace method let me know so I can kick my so called friends ass for calling me at 3:59am!
    But it also led me to this site which is very amusing, and occupied some of my work day.
    Thanks for the humor Nate!

By Crabby RedTX on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 10:49 pm:

Started getting calls from this #. Always the same thing...pick up the phone and nothing!Makes me nuts!!!!
    Who the hell is it!

By Brian on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 11:37 am:

I got call from this number to my cell phone in Cleveland, Ohio @ 11 pm. Was at a party, so I didn't answer..........................

By Drew on Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 02:32 am:

Just to add my own strange story, my old roommate got a call from this number on his cell phone at 1:30 in the morning, and he told me that it was a girl in Hawaii who said she knew me, and who said I had given her his number and said it was mine. The weird thing is, I don't know anybody from or vactioning in Hawaii, and I don't even know my roomate's cell phone number, let alone have I ever given it out to anybody and tried to pass it off as my own.

By Squibnocket on Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 02:45 pm:

Ok, here's my thoery. Add the numbers and you get 36. 36=12x3=6x6=2(6+6+6). The latin word for six is sex. The ancient rune for sex magic is Gebo represented by the "X". I think it's some type of magikal pornographers (including Italian Mike) trying to call upon higher powers to break the world from the evil grasp of Wal-Mart Inc through the benovolence of AT&T (cough). Or it could be a routing number from a series of calling cards.

By Antigone on Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 04:15 pm:

toad the wet sprocket, yo.

By JAN on Friday, May 30, 2003 - 10:32 pm:

We got a call from this number 770 657-1021 to have an interview scheduled for my husband by the Department of Homeland Security....

By Rachel on Tuesday, June 3, 2003 - 12:57 pm:

I'm sitting at work, it's just now 11am indiana time..and the number showed up on my cell phone, i did an instant search on the net to see if i could get a name...and i got this site
    SCAWY! :(

By Jorden on Thursday, June 5, 2003 - 10:51 am:

I got a call on my cell from that number 2 times in the morning a few weeks ago. Fancy this, my boyfriend and I just broke up too...seems to be a common theme with receiving a call from that number.And the wierd thing is....today I received a call from 720-587-9978, a number in Colorado, which happens to be the exact same number that Anti-spam woman received a call from. Kinda freaky.

By T Michael on Thursday, June 5, 2003 - 10:49 pm:

I recieved a call from this number at 6:20 pm June 5, 2003 from this number (770)657-1021. The person who was on the other end tried to confirm my last name but I told whoever it was that nobody by that name lived at this number. Person hung up the telephone. I checked the telephone number in the google toolbar and was directed to this site. What is interesting is I'm a former long distance investigator for a local telco. I plan to call one of my buddies tommorrow at my former employer to place a nationwide alert on this number. It should route directly to the security department of the telephone company and they can start notifying local authorities about it.

By TW on Friday, June 6, 2003 - 12:55 pm:

This number is a number used for a calling card. My cousin calls me using it frequently. It used to bother me, but once I realized what was happening... I'm cool with it. It seems that people above are hanging up on the people trying to get ahold of them :)

I verified that this call was from my cousin and he does use a calling card from Sams Club.

By George W. Bush on Monday, June 9, 2003 - 01:38 pm:

Actually, all of you are wrong.

Over the past two years I have had my Secret Service conduct mysterious phone solicitations at odd hours during both the day and night. Some have been instructed to speak, some have been instructed to just sit and listen. In some cases I've had them play recordings picked up by the FBI in the background, such as murders taking place, or simply the sound of a keyboard being furiously abused.

As an avid SAMS Club member (they're all over the place down in Texas), I picked up several thousand of their pre-paid calling cards on my way up to the White House. I did that while I was still Gov of Texas so that I didn't have my own private Whitewater scandal on my hands!! Just kidding with you.

But seriously, all of your worries can be laid to rest. All you need to know is that instead of Big Brother watching you, it's simply Big Dubbya.

Keep it real!
    TPoUSA

By Matt on Tuesday, June 10, 2003 - 02:05 am:

Yet another victim am I. It's Monday, June 9 at 11:58pm...I received two calls today on my free CallWave answering service, no messages. They were from 770-657-1021. Some quick Google searches show me that a man, author of the page "The House That Spam Built" was obviously harrassed by a rich man via either a calling card or a pay phone, not just some pissy telemarketer.

My mother, grandmother, and aunt are on vacation in Miami, and my stepfather is on vacation in Las Vegas currently. Which leaves me at home, alone, and wondering why someone in Georgia has called me here in central Indiana.

So, it makes perfect sense that it is either a pay phone or a calling card, and perhaps it is both. I know for a fact my stepfather buys calling cards at Sam's Club, and I know he has one and has recently given one to my mother for her trip.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am yet another "victim." Odd that someone started a--now--VERY large forum about this, though...I guess it's true, you really CAN find anything on the 'net.

Coincidentally enough I just broke up with MY girlfriend of two and a half years...Just thought I'd throw that out there. Good luck to future puzzled caller ID owners because you're love life may be in for a bashing. It's happened a lot to "us."

By Red on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 12:30 am:

Mark me down on your list! I'm in Kansas. The number showed up on the caller ID of my cell phone as a missed call after I got finished talking to a freind in Alexandria, VA. (not an ex-girlfreind) However, when the phone rang it showed up as her cell phone which I recognized. Perhaps using a calling card to call with a cell phone?

Interesting forum here.

By Jayli on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 09:34 pm:

Oh my god. I just got a call from this number. Of course I did a search! Who wouldn't? I thought because one fo the searches said somthing about mounted infantry that it was the guy I liked calling from his cell phone which is a georgia phone I believe. I'm in Kansas, so Red I feel you. What the hell? I want to find out what this number is so I don't go calling it or getting other calls from it. Ye gods. I knew there was a conspiracy out to get us all.

By Dwdrmr on Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 12:37 am:

Its me! Yes, I have no life and I am doing this.

Actually I just got two calls from 770-657-1021. One on my home phone, one on my cell.... My brother is on vacation, and so are some friends...so I am willing to bet that they are trying to call me...

Scary killer man on the other side...no... prolly either friends, family, or someone you have blocked from calling you normally...i.e. ex psycho girlfriends.

By GtrPlyr on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 01:49 pm:

I'm in Arkansas and I rec'vd a call from this number at 1:30 am...didn't leave a message, so I typed the # in at Google and found this page...

By Digimax on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 08:15 pm:

I am from Indiana. At approximately 5:40 PM this date, I received this number via caller ID. The reverse call service I have with my phone service indicated that this is a phone card service number. Hence, I cannot locate the name of the company providing this service at this time. That is why perhaps there is such a diversified history from this number on the records so far. Oh well, it is fun to have another adventure on Father's Day!

By PotatoeJoe on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 02:53 am:

I'm from Twin Falls, Idaho and I received a call from this same number at 8:18pm. Didn't answer it though. Thought that they would leave message if it were important. Guess if wuddn't.

By Becks on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 04:59 pm:

i got a call last month and this month too
    last month i picked up and he listened a bit when i hello and he hung up
    this time i missed it and he didn't leave any messages.

By Becks on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 05:01 pm:

By River Girl on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 06:43 pm:

Well, sure enough. I am in Chicago and got a call from this number. I hope the cops are keeping an eye on this message board because this is getting ridiculous.

By J.J. on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 06:06 pm:

OK...I've got one to add to the list. I got two calls today. One on my home phone, and the caller ID showed 720-587-9978...and one on my cellphone which showed up as 770-657-1021. It was the same person in both cases. However, unlike some of the previous "prank" or "unknown" callers, this was a lady responding to a resume I had submitted for a job on Monster.com. Not sure I want to work for a company that has to use a prepaid calling plan to make an outgoing call...hmmm. By the way, I'm in Texas!

By D.D. on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 11:48 pm:

Got the call tonight on my work cell phone at 7:24pm. The person calling was impersonating a company that has my contact information and asking if I wanted to join their webinar they were hosting. I asked what time, they said 9:30. Then I asked what timezone and the person on the other end was stunned. They wanted to know if I wanted the e-mail again, but I would not give any information over the phone, so I just said NO!

Getting work calls at 7:30pm is not what I would call professional. I'm up here in Vancouver, BC, Canada.

By Mandy on Friday, June 20, 2003 - 02:56 pm:

I got 770-657-1021 and 720-587-9978 show up here in North Dakota. They usually call one after another. I've said Hello a couple of times. They say Hello back and I hang up on them. It was a younger man. What should I really know? Are these people dangerous???

By Terrance on Friday, June 20, 2003 - 10:08 pm:

Got my first two calls today....Found eveyones information on the Internet and read up about it....

My give a shit factor went so far below Zero, I'm just going to turn it over to the FBI....

Take Care All

By Lisa on Saturday, June 21, 2003 - 01:45 am:

Glad to hear that it seems to be a calling card (I came across the eggplant guy's site first, which freaked me out a bit), but why so frequently in Charlottesville? That's where I am, but no one here would need to call me by calling card, and I don't really know anyone anywhere else in the south.

By Fhqwgads on Saturday, June 21, 2003 - 04:50 am:

I answered my girlfriends cell phone when someone called from the 720-587-9978... They asked for her by name. I asked who was calling (the curious/jealous guy that I am) and he said his name was "Garrett." I took the phone to her and she said she didn't know anyone by that name... and hung up on him. 2 minutes later, he called back from the Georgia number (770-657-1021).

I have no Idea who's calling and why, but I do have a possible solution for those of you that repeatedly get the calls. I used to work for Qwest (the phone company) and there's a service that comes in many of the packages they sell called "Call Rejection" (which also can be ordered individually for $4 or $5 per month. It's a service that will allow you to define a list of up to 15 phone numbers, and anytime someone calls from a number on your pre-defined list... it will be "rejected" so to speak, and your phone won't even ring.

Just a possible solution.

By Fhqwgads on Saturday, June 21, 2003 - 04:58 am:

Just another thought, while we're on the subject of harrassing telephone calls...

There's another service that very few people know about (and keep in mind that I'm referring to Qwest customers) that will not work for these calling card numbers, but is definitely useful for other types of threatening calls. It's a feature called "Call Trace" and it is activated much like "Last Call Return" or "*69." After you receive a threatening/obscene/annoying phone call (it doesn't work for telemarketers) hang up the phone. Pick it back up and dial *57 which will activiate a "call trace."

It doesn't tell you who called or anything like that, but what it DOES do, is whenever you successfully activate a call trace, it makes a log in Qwests database (annoyance call bureau) that a harrasment call was placed from that number to yours. After three successful traces to the same number (which creates 3 successful logs) you request that one of two things be done:

You can request that a letter be sent to the address from which the calls were being made.

or

You can pass it over to the local authorities and they will take action.

Like I said, it will not work for the calls outlined on this message board (from colorado and georgia, since they're from a calling card, and it usually won't work with calls originating from a cell phone) but it definitely is a plus for other harrassing/threatening calls. It costs $1 to $2 per activation, depending on the area.

By Gdub225 on Saturday, June 21, 2003 - 04:21 pm:

I live in oklahoma....got both numbers on my cell phone. calls were about 5-10 mins apart from eachother. first call was 720-587-9978... the second one was 770-657-1021...no one talked back to me and of course i thought that i would look it up online, and i found this site.....this is some crazy sh*t!!!!!

By Judy S. on Saturday, June 21, 2003 - 10:00 pm:

I live in Massachusetts and missed a call this morning at 10:30 a.m. on my cell.
    Found this website when I went to AnyOneWho.com to check on the number (770-657-1021 - mystery solved!)

By Rowlf on Saturday, June 21, 2003 - 10:53 pm:

come on fhqwgads

everybody to the limit

By MarshallTexas on Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 03:38 pm:

The (770) 657-1021 shows up on caller-id any time I use the AT&T prepaid calling card purchased at Wall*Mart. This seems to be the case whether I call from a pay phone or from a private phone.

By Tiffany on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 03:58 am:

If this is any help...
    My boyfriend is on a church trip in Texas, and he called me from his hotel on a pre-paid phone card, the number that showed up on my caller ID was 720-587-9987.

By Im me on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 10:40 pm:

I use the AT&T pre-paid phone cards to call my boyfriend so I don't run up my parents' phone bill and these #s (720-587-9978 and 770-657-1021) show up on his caller id so you guys can quit this whole thing it's not a conspiracy it's someone who knows who you are and you've prolly given your phone number to them.IT'S A CALLING CARD YOU CAN'T CALL IT BACK!!!!

By Im a jerk on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 12:02 am:

...and what is it that you talk about with your boyfriend that takes so much time....a real man can get the job done in minutes. Tell your Mom I said "Hi".

By dave. on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 01:53 am:

hyuk!

By LB on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 02:05 am:

I got a call from that number this morning (my cell phone shows the number of whoever's calling). I didn't answer. I got another call previous to that (may have been the same number).

By Creeped on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 01:35 pm:

This morning I got a call from the 770 657 1021 number. They did leave a message. I couldn't understand the first part because it was in another language but the last part was plain and clear... "you better watch your back" I didn't recognize the voice either... they had a different accent than anyone around here. I live in IL kinda by St. Louis MO. It was left at 12:10 last night.. it's just kinda creepy.

By patrick on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 02:10 pm:

By BuBi on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 02:42 pm:

Ok so it's a pre-paid calling card, still it bothers me. No one should be using a calling card to call me. Not one somebody. And very few people should know my less than a month old brand spanking new cell phone number. Especially since the cell company doesn't know me as I'm on someone elses's account.

But low and behold 430pm yesterday and 830am today, just like at my house before i moved. Yes I moved and they still call. Further more this thread has been going on for almost a year now.

I'm not scared, just very very bothered. That someone who doesn't want to talk to me would go through such lengths to call me.

By wisper on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 07:03 pm:

yay! the flaming lips!!!

i dunno pattybaby, Rowlf wants in but it's on a wednesday. What-up with that? A show of that size will take all day to do.

I'm thinking i'd just beat the heat and give a full $21 to the charity......

but mmmmmmm, flaming lips.....

By patrick on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 07:33 pm:

dood.

take a fuckin day off.

By BronzeMike on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 08:04 pm:

Okay, that was quite a read! I see two patterns forming here or maybe more. People recieve calls from this number on calling cards from people who know them and their number. Then there is the cell phone calls with two calls with a gap and two numbers. Finally, the answered calls with strangers and sometimes what sounds like violence. I've been recieving the calls too but I have not answered them or have I recieved a message.

Could this be domestic terrorism? This is to wide spread to be a local prank, either way someone is using these numbers for ill, the saga continues and yes......... I wonder about my ex too....

By Karena on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 12:14 am:

All I want to know is who the heck it is and why the fuck they keep calling me?!?

By Dk023 on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 05:06 pm:

got two calls from 720-587-9978, I wasnt at my phone. calls came a few mins apart and there were no messages. my phone is new so I seriously doubt anyone would call me with a phone card.

By Ada on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 08:57 pm:

Receive calls occasionally from 720-587-9978
    and 770-657-1020 in Little Rock, AR. Look up
    the report on 720-587-9978 on anywho. The report names Alan Ralsky ???. Interesting case.

By Bellina on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 10:56 pm:

At approximately 8:23 this evening my daughter answered a call from (770)657-1021 (she *69d afterwards).She said it was an older sounding lady asking for me by my first name. When my daughter asked if she could take a message,the woman said, "No, I need to speak to HER. Do you know when she will be home?".
    For some reason , I got a creepy feeling when I saw the number, and felt I should really find out where it came from, and ended up here through Google.
    I realize these calls are almost certainly not being made by the same person/people, since the number is so commonly linked with phone cards-- however, I couldn't help feeling even more creepy about it when I read that so many of you have recently experienced break -ups of important relationships. I lost my dearest soul friend two months ago (not a death, but we are no longer able to speak to one another).It's probably just simple coincidence, but , well,?????

By Bellina on Tuesday, July 1, 2003 - 12:00 am:

I lives in Maryland.

By Floyd McGooe on Tuesday, July 1, 2003 - 12:34 pm:

is this a short bus stop?

its a central number derived from the same brand of phone card. there is no significance that you have received a call from this number other than the fact that tens of thousands of people have it and from time to time some of them misfucking dial.

Crazy people and those of dim wit CAN get ahold of calling cards too you know. The rate of random crank calls and wrong numbers didnt increase, you're just able to see the number now. Thats the only thing different.

fucking crackpots.

By BunsyG on Tuesday, July 1, 2003 - 02:11 pm:

Pretty sure the call I just got from 770 587-9978 was my fiance's parents trying to call us from Italy using a calling card.

By Firecracker on Wednesday, July 2, 2003 - 01:18 pm:

Rcvd 2 calls today from 7706571021 to my cell phone. First time they just hung up; 2nd, they inquired as to who i was. I replied with "who is this?" . They hung up. Will it stop?

By Christina d on Wednesday, July 2, 2003 - 04:38 pm:

OKAY what is up with this guy??

He called me asking for someone, I didn't quite catch the name, then said he had the wrong area code (said he was trying to call a 518 code which is new york) and hung up... I'm in a Michigan code 517
    Looked on the internet and theres all these people talking about him. Wierd

By JR on Thursday, July 3, 2003 - 01:36 am:

It's a Sam's Club calling card folks!!! My father just called me from it!

By Dick Choad on Thursday, July 3, 2003 - 05:19 am:

I received a call at 6:29 PM. July 2nd. (770) 657-1021

Here is my theory.

The night before I posted my number without the area code in a forum. In the same post I put my email adress spelled out so the spam crawler programs wouldn't pick it up. I think the people against the anti spammers picked up the mumber anyway. (this has been a reoccuring theme) It is obvious per my post which state I live in - which only has 2 area codes anyway.

If this is the case it would tell my that a pair of human eyes looked at my post and not just a crawling program although they may have have written a script now to find posts like:

"blablabla at bla bla bla dot com".

This wouldn't be very hard to make. I'll have to watch for the spam mail at home. If it occurs I will simply change me email address and cell phone number....And of course...BE CARFUL next time.

By Matt on Friday, July 4, 2003 - 01:48 am:

i got a call from the 720-587-9978 number about an hour ago, here in GR, Michigan. this website disturbs me a bit on seeing that so many other people have had this problem. this call was to my cell phone, which was activated all of a week-and-a-half ago. not many know that number yet, and the people who did were sitting with me when the call came through. that bothers me a lot...

By Jay on Friday, July 4, 2003 - 01:10 pm:

I recieved a call from this about the same time as Matt did. My ex called me on a calling card then.

By Willis on Sunday, July 6, 2003 - 06:58 am:

I'm in Redmond, Washington. I got the call a few minutes ago, at 2:40am. Creepy.

By Joker on Monday, July 7, 2003 - 02:43 am:

im in san antonio texas. on july 5 at 11:14 p>m> 7205879978 called then on july 6 at 4:48 pm 770-657-1020 called. on jul 5 at 9:41 830-232-6558 called and then on july 6th at 3:03 p.m. the same number called. the number registers to the Butt Foundation. That kind of name sounds like a business, but what business calls at 9:41 at night. AND, who the hell names their business the BUTT FOUNDATION. I called back to the butt foundation at what would be business hours, yet no one answered. The area code is registered to Seguin, tx. Very weird. I broke up with my old girlfriend a long time ago, but im pretty sure it was not her. very wierd

By Skudd on Monday, July 7, 2003 - 01:45 pm:

Yall are crazy. Read the whole page here and see, it is a fucking credit card. Hell, even Strong Bad up there got a call from the number.

I just *69-ed my line and it was there. I have no clue who it was. I looked in the phone book on my cell phone and I had the number tagged to a friend from school. I know she has used a calling card to call me before, so that solved the mystery.

As far as "The House That Spam Built", I have gotten several calls on my cell phone from the other number listed on there. The lady was speaking in Spanish and I couldn't understand her, so I had a friend translate it. Turns out she wanted my band to play a gig somewhere. How she got my number I will never know.

By MFB on Monday, July 7, 2003 - 05:45 pm:

I received three calls from this number today. I don't know anyone that would be calling me through a calling card, so who the heck would it be, and why don't they leave a message???

By Arizona on Monday, July 7, 2003 - 08:12 pm:

3:36 pm got a call from this number asking for ginnie? ????

By Virginia on Tuesday, July 8, 2003 - 06:04 pm:

4:58 pm got a call from 770-657-1020. Caller ID says Georgia???

By PuertoRicanKid on Tuesday, July 8, 2003 - 11:21 pm:

don't know what tha fuck butt i just reseve 2 calls from 720-587-9978 and if this shit dont stop im gona fuck some thing up by the way im in cleveland ohio

By Katmeower on Wednesday, July 9, 2003 - 02:28 pm:

Just as confused as the rest of you...
    This must be a calling card number?
    Let me know if you find anything more out. Someone made an outgoing call to this number on my phone...weird!

By C4jc2001 on Thursday, July 10, 2003 - 08:45 pm:

We just got a call from this number, from my sister's estranged husband's mother...for him I'm sure, since he had just called my home and cell numbers and we didn't answer since there is an order of protection against him...thanks for answering my question...now we know NOT to answer calls from numbers we don't know!

By Ya baby on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 03:08 am:

I just got a call from the mystery caller tonight. The difference is I gave him my number on a sexchat site and wow am I ever glad I did!!!!mmm mmm mmm

By S on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 07:48 pm:

Has anyone here also gotten postcards in the past that say that the company has "desperately been trying to get a hold of you"? And/Or do you have a Capital One credit card?

Every so often I get postcards from a company in Georgia... They usually follow several hang-up calls from this #... The one thing people have in common seems to be the Capital One credit card...

By Arizona on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 10:01 pm:

Wow I did not realize this number had so much going on!!! I just recieved a call from it and I know who was calling me..when I asked her where she was calling from she said her cell phone. She is pretty getto so it must be a pre paid cell phone. I hope this answers some questions.

By Colorado-kid on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 10:51 pm:

Got a call from this number at 5:11pm this evening. I'm in Colorado and 770-657-1021 is on caller id, but they didn't leave a message.

This forum has helped to answer the the number seems to be tied to a series of calling cards purchased from Walmart or Sam's club and it can be used by friend or foe. I wish I had answered the phone because I get the ocassional hang up call, but now my daughter is visiting her dad and she was given a calling card because the phone charges are long distance. I haven't been able to get ahold of her today so knowing where the number originates, still doesn't tell us who is using it. In this case, I still don't know if it was a TM or my daughter.

By Carl on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 12:54 am:

I can verify that the 2 numbers relate to Sam's club AT&T Calling cards. I called home from a hotel to check my messages using 2 different calling cards, and found these 2 numbers. After checking the times, I determined that it was me calling my home phone. So, if it shows up on your caller ID, it is someone using a calling card.

By Smc on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 02:35 am:

I havent been here in about 2 years..Is there any site to lookup payphones yet?? I thought after 2 years............Trying to catch a harrasser.........well to see if it may be who i think it is........

By Macy on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 02:50 am:

If anything this proves that alot of weird people use calling cards. EWWWWWW Wondering who I can prank call and get away with it now . :)

By StatingTheObvious on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 04:05 am:

holy christ. i can't believe how stupid this country is. you all are a bunch of nutjobs. #1: i'm pretty damn sure it's been established that this number is a calling card number. if you're not sure, maybe you should check out the 2937520239871414242543 other posts about it. #2: if you don't want to be receiving calls from this number, call your fucking phone provider and have them block the number. simple as that. #3: you act like you've never been pranked called before. hmm, let's hit a bunch of random numbers and see who we can prank. voila, there's your "weird" calls. #4: ever dial a wrong number before? ever get a hold of someone and ask them by the wrong name? so maybe someone calling you asking for gertrude isn't so stange and scary after all. god, you people need to escape from your insecurities and get some balls.

YOU WERE EITHER PRANK CALLED OR WERE ON THE RECEIVING END OF A WRONG NUMBER. EITHER THAT OR IT WAS GRANDPA JOE CALLING YOU TO SAY HI WITH HIS CALLING CARD AND DECIDED TO NOT LEAVE A MESSAGE. EITHER WAY IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL AND YOU PEOPLE SHOULDN'T BE TALKING FOR 7 MONTHS ABOUT THIS.

that should clear everyone's questions up. quit making up shit.

By Smc on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 04:18 am:

Wow!!! I guess someone is having a bad day or they hate stupid people like thyself......:)

By Brian on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 10:43 am:

I also received this call on my cell phone on July 11 at 10:02 pm. When I said hello, whoever it was quickly hung up and the call was only for six seconds. There is only one person I know out of state that has my cell phone number but I don't know why she would hang up.

Dunno, must be a girl thing

By YouAreAllRetards on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 01:57 pm:

you people are pathetic... get on with your miserable lives

By StatingTheObvious on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 02:28 pm:

Wow!!! how bout you insult me with something original? and i dunno if you got the memo, but it's 2003, not 15th century olde england.

By Antigone on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 04:22 pm:

It's not?

Fucketh!

By From all the way in GUAM on Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 12:26 pm:

i got a call from (770) 657-1021 at 4:51 p.m. on July 13, 2003. i don't know anyone in Georgia..and i didn't answer the call. i'm all the way here in Guam. who is this?

By Satan on Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 01:04 pm:

it's the devil... better hide

By Xquake.net on Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 02:18 pm:

I just had someone get a threatening call from that number - I looked it up on the Internet and found this page. The guy who use the calling card to make the threatening call was using the IP address 63.206.169.243 - somewhere in Dallas, TX.
    Looks like this calling card is a part of asshole paradise.

By IhateIan on Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 04:11 pm:

I also had a call from this # just a couple of minutes ago. I know the guy who left me a message, he's a total weirdo, dirtbag. Don't know exactly which rock in which state he's sliming under these days. Let me tell ya, he's a spooky dude!

By Kat on Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 09:41 pm:

i work for AT&T and its all very simple-- its a routing # used by 1 of the zillion prepaid card companies. my cousin in NY calls me w/ a prepaid card. sometimes it IDs as this same georgia # and other times its routed thru Denver. geez, lets quit being so paranoid. surely we all have more important shit to worry about. MYSTERY SOLVED!

By Eb on Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 10:20 pm:

WOW! Now I'm gonna be able to sleep tonight....I thought it was Bill Clinton calling for my support to change the U.S. Constitution so he would be able to somehow weasel his way into a run for a third term!

By Noname on Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 11:52 pm:

funny at 10:20 tonight I got that number on my cell phone....

By Justin on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 07:38 pm:

It's a number used by the Defense Intelligence Agency.

Justin

By Megan on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 07:59 pm:

Hey i got the call to... the first time it was july 10th at like 11:30 and they called like 5 times in a row and then again at 2:00 that morning! then again on friday night about 5 times in a row... and then again last night from 2 differnet numbers?!?!? They always call but they don't say anything they just sit there!! i don't get it!!???

By Its the truth. on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 11:55 pm:

I got the call 7/12/03 17:38 EDT.
    It's a calling card - no mystery at all.
    Caller ID said Georgia.

By Timmy on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 12:54 am:

I got called on my cell from this number once tonight (July 14 around 9 PM) and once last night/very early this morning (1 AM or so.) Guess the consensus is that it is a calling card number. When I tried to answer the second of the two calls someone just hung up. No gunshots so I'm not sweating but it still is kind of creepy. I'm in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Peace to all.

By Alein on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 07:32 pm:

I got the call at 11:30 at night and then strange lites apeared around my apartment. I put aluminum foil against my window and am now wearing it on my head. They are talking to me via mental telepathy and they are going to get everyone that uses those devil products "CELL PHONES" Can't wait till I get my next day pass. Wait their talking again, they say Nixon in 88

By J on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 09:27 pm:

That crazy number is all over my caller ID.
    I wish it would just go away.

By Alliey on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 09:42 pm:

Recieved this call around 7pm on July 15th 2003 ( i didn't answer i was at work) but im in Medina, Ohio, and it was on my cell phone...

By Stikcraft on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 09:48 pm:

It's just the Boogie Man and he's looking for Jamie Lee Curtis. Either that or he's a fan of the Blair Witch Project. Which was a totally non-fictional story. I hear they found more tapes..............BOOGIEWOOGIEBOOOOOOOOOO.......

By Squirtsmom on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 - 12:20 am:

Both of these numbers (770/657-1021 & 720/587-9978), as has been mentioned so many times, are routing numbers from a calling card company. These are the numbers that pop up in my Caller ID when my daughter-in-law calls me. The one thing that bothers me is that my son in Iraq also uses that calling card to call home. They bought the card at WalMart before he left. It is through AT&T.

No one has mentioned a name....my caller Id comes up with the name of Hmaidan Al-Hmaidan with the 770#. There is no name with the 720# It scared the #*&$%^@ out of me the first time it popped up on my caller ID.....just let the machine get it, and it was my dil.

By Lana on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 - 05:00 am:

Hey guys.. I was quite creeped out this evening when I received a call from that number also. And they asked for me by the first name. My phone died so I didnt get to talk to the person. I typed the number into this site and found all this creepy stuff about it. Obviously its just calling cards, that different people are using, maybe to cover up who they are. So.. lets just hope its that and not some psycho!! :) Have a good day everyone

By Catalina on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 - 01:26 pm:

Yes, I too have seen this number on my caller ID, both home phone and my daughter's cell. In this case, this morning's call allowed me to find out that my daughter (who is 12 years old) has apparently given herself a different first name! At least I know the caller was not the ex-Marine who was just arrested in Germany. My daughter has some explaining to do.

By Emresar on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 - 09:42 pm:

Alliey -

I am also in the Medina area and have recieved many of these calls to my cell phone throughout the past week - and they always seem to be at unusual times.... Strange coincidence!

By Kay on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 09:40 am:

I am a Police Officer and have recieved numerous calls to my home from 770-657-1021 and 720-587-9978. They are a generic calling cards but would have a diffrent pin number for each person that purchases them. So, basically the card is hard to trace without the pin... and they could be calling from anywhere in the USA.... I also believe that if you have a fax machine hooked to your home computer they maybe trying to connect to your computer throught the fax (IT CAN BE DONE). So, beware...

By --Somewhere in Texas on Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 10:29 am:

funny how people make such a big deal about nothing!!!!!!!!!!!

By South-West PA on Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 05:09 pm:

7/19/2003 2:39 PM I received a call on my cell phone from 402-517-9978 and the man asked for Rick. I said there was no one here by that name. He ask "Is this (my cell phone #)?" I said yes. He said he was sorry and hung up.
    2:42 PM, same day. I received a call from 770-657-1021. Same person. Said something like "I got the wrong number again." I didn't think anything about it but was curious where the calls came from. My search led me here. (I don't know anybody, including me, in trouble with the law and don't think anybody is out to get me). I did pay my AT&T cell phone bill online this morning though.

By What the on Sunday, July 20, 2003 - 04:40 pm:

I Think I just entered the Twilight Zone

By Ronda on Sunday, July 20, 2003 - 10:32 pm:

whore mongers... the whole lot of you prank calling, bill collectors... posing as wall-mart...

imposters out to reduce whole lives into diufretic ditties

fuckers - there's a special place in hell for each of you

By Panther on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 05:41 am:

yeah.... unauthentic, like the heather/whisper/j triage

imposters out to grow man-cans... posing as...

wall-mart wonnabe man-bra wearers

pranktyping, keyboardsmoozing copycat schizoids

will the real heather come forth, dave back off... j-low where's anti gone? w-h-i-s-p-e-r did you shave this morning??????? I canceled class this wkend....... go get a woody

boring,,, the whole lot of you monkey-bearing unisexoids

By J on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 09:58 am:

Why don't you get some excitement since we are so boring and go fuck yourself? Let us know how it was for you.

By Janny on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 10:31 am:

Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got,I'm still,I'm still Janny from the block.

By Ronda on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 04:07 pm:

J,can I borrow one of your dildos?

By J on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 05:04 pm:

No,dildos like a toothbrush, can't be shared.I guess lesbians share dildos though. You a muff diver?

By Hojo on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 06:05 pm:

hi. someone i know (he's an insurance salesman) called from this number. i think it is a prepaid service, but that is odd because he works for a reputable company in california. i don't know him (he's my agent) well enough to ask him about it. weird

By Ronda on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 06:12 pm:

you know a lot about dildos...I'm almost impressed

how is it for you?

By Chelsea on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 11:42 pm:

I just got a call from this # they asked for my mom by 1st name. (A women) I know this is from Georgia because my friend lives in GA. and so does my aunt. Although the 657 # is also from my area, but the area code is North West, Georgia.(I live in N. KY. by the way) I would like to know who this was!!! I couldn't find who it was on reverse look-up and then I looked up search. And I found all of this... FREAKY!! If you have information feel free to IM me @ UKCowgirl07@aol or aim!!

By Lissie J on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 02:30 am:

Oh my gosh...this is so crazy. I was actually waiting for a call from a boy in TN and when I had 3 missed calls I was pumped..BUT it wasn't him obviously, I had 2 calls from the 770-657-1021 # and one from the 720-587-9978 #....but I think it was a friend calling from a calling card, but still it's kind of crazy how so many people from around the country are involved in this message board...I'm from Wisconsin. Hello to everyone out there who gets random calls on thier cell phones!

By J on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 11:24 am:

Ronda I'm sure you know more about dildos than I do,you crazy carpet muncher.

By Gladys on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 12:28 am:

I got the call too, My research revealed it to be
    a guy named Millspauhh at 210-567-6030. Pay back
    is a bitch! Call HIM back and hang up.

By Alex V. on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 01:18 pm:

I got a call from this number as well. The number was 770-657 1021. It showe dup as Georgia on my Caller ID. The really freaky thing though.. Unlike most of you, the person calling left a message on my awnsering machine. Im going to record it right now and post back with a link to the recording. He basicly cliamed to be a federal Government Employee and said that somone from my household was trying to gain illeagle access to some database. Then left a Number to call. 1 800 569 6972. He said to use the password 2473.

I looked up this number... It turns out that it is a number to the alaska AT&T calling card service. And that other number is some pin code. I havm't called it yet in fear that it might charge my phone bill, so i might try it at a phonebooth or call AT&T about it.

Well lemme get that recording.

By Mombo momma on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 02:17 pm:

Don't barther posting the link alex v its someone pranking you with a calling card. Just disregard it and delete it from your answering machine.

By Jeeper on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 10:51 pm:

I got a call from 770-657-1020 at 4:03pm today (7-23-03). they did not leave a message, but the call was to my cell phone. This is really strange. Any answers?

By CandySlice on Thursday, July 24, 2003 - 02:46 am:

Hello everybody. I would just like to apologize for the mess I've aparently caused. See, I'm a prostitute, and I bought a calling card from Sam's Club and I use it to call potential clients. I get my phone numbers from people who have previously paid me to have sex with them. They give me the numbers of the friends who they think need to get laid because they can't get any action on their own. So I'm sorry to everyone here who I've called and hung up on or left mysterious messages to. It's just little ol' me! So anyone else who happens upon this little website, don't worry, I WILL call you back as soon as I go through my list. So all you people with no lives, just hold tight. I know you'll be around because you have nothing better to do.

By Panther on Thursday, July 24, 2003 - 12:53 pm:

heather would be greatful to hear from you

By Spider on Thursday, July 24, 2003 - 01:15 pm:

Why do you pick on Heather so much?

By J on Thursday, July 24, 2003 - 01:35 pm:

That's odvious Spider, because Panther/Ronda is an asshole.

By Panther on Thursday, July 24, 2003 - 03:52 pm:

how has ronda picked on heather?

By Lisa on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 01:25 am:

The number is a company out of Georgia that sells
    phone cards by the millions in grocery stores and gas
    stations, well just everywhere. My sister just called me
    from the same number and left a message to say she
    misses me.
    She bought her card at the corner drug store in NY.
    Mystery over about the number. Hope you find the
    buyer of the card if you want to!!!

By Richard Las Vegas on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 01:53 am:

Well some intresting news. I got a call from the number you all are talking about 720-587-9978. Unfortuantly the ass on th eother line got scared on hung up when he tried to talk to me. I think its just some punk kids getting crazy. To be honest after the threat he made i hope he shows up on my front door cause he wont be leaving a live. Well hope this helps in your search to nabh the little tard . thanks

Richard Las Vegas, NV

By Bex on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 10:55 am:

Simply because this whole thing has such a life of its own, I really want to contribute. I, too, have been "called".

The 770 number was on the ID at 11 last night. I googled and began reading here. But here's where it gets really weird -- I was talking on the phone with my friend from GA while perusing these posts and the call waiting kicked in. Hold on to your hats... I looked at the phone display to see who was trying to reach me ... and it was the 720 number!!! While I was reading this website! (insert Twilight Zone theme here).

And to you all who say we're a bunch of losers with no lives.... well, you're right! What's a little fun every now and then doing something silly? Who knows? Maybe this thing will continue for many more months, then Oprah will call us and want to interview all the victims of the 770/720 caller ID phone stalker? It could happen...

Have a great day!

By Bex on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 10:56 am:

Oh, and by the way, I'm in West Virginia. (Yes, they made it a state back in 1863...) as if y'all couldn't tell by my accent, already.

By J on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 12:14 pm:

What part of West Virginia?

By MaryJane Hall on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 02:21 pm:

Okay, I confess! It was me. I stole all of my kid's change and went to a payphone and have been making random crank calls all over the country. Its just this obsessive compulsive thing I've got. And to think you all have invested all this time pondering over my actions.
    Have I mentioned that I also shot Kennedy? I was just minding my own business on that grassy knoll, trying to get a suntan, when all these people came up to watch some guy drive by in a convertible. They were blocking my sun, so I just thought I'd fire off a few rounds and clear the way. I'm nicely tanned now. And its a good thing because when I have to head out to the desert to inspect area 51, I'd get a pretty bad sunburn if I wasn't.

By Angie Anyhue on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 02:35 pm:

What a freaking nut! Does she think she's being funny? I don't find her funny at all. This is serious business here and if I find out where she is I'm going to press charges for phone harrassment.
    And that whole thing about area 51. What a nut case. Why do people like that log online at all? Don't they have lives? Do they have nothing better to do all day but play at their computers when they should be working? I'm working! I'm here trying to do legitimate research for a column and nuts like this clog up the page with garbage. She needs to be committed!

By heather on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 02:41 pm:

yes

when people are angry at the other people
    living in their heads

next on geraldo

By Bex on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 02:47 pm:

Hey, I'm located on the southwest side 'o' West Virginia.

Why do you ask? Are you going to physically stalk me now? (she asks in her most paranoid voice.... ;-)

By J on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 02:50 pm:

No,I was born in Charleston,use to live right by the capital.I have family there.

By Bex on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 02:52 pm:

Cool! I'm only an hour away. Grew up in Charleston though; nearby, actually -- St. Albans. Graduated in 1982. You about the same (old) age?

By J on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 03:07 pm:

Even older:) I had a girlfriend in St.Albans use to take the bus there all the time.I love W.V. in the fall.

By Jojo on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 04:49 pm:

Last Sunday (7/20/03)@3pm i recieved an amazingly strange message from a young woman who's number is 402-517-9978 on my cell. If you will scroll up to "South-West PA on Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 05:09 pm:" you will find that this number is somehow connected with the whole business. As someone who resides in South Dakota (I apologize for that)I know that "402" is a Nebraska Area code but apart from that i can't find anything else out about this number. The strange part is the message this woman left me. Roughly paraphrased, it said:
    "Hello Joe Schmloe (not my real name), I am a representative from Toys 'R Us and we regret to infor you that the striptease Barbie you ordered is out of stock and will not be sent this month. In compensation we are sending you a complimentary Amish Barbie complete with butter churn and wagon. We are sorry for any inconveniece we may have caused you..."
    Now because this woman used my name i assumed it was one of my friends so I called a close friend and she tells me she got the same message! I first thought that this friend was pulling my chain and playing the prank on me but after finding the same # on here I am suspicious.

By Justin on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 06:03 am:

Just Got a call from 1-770-657-1021 from Georgia.
    The man on the other line said that he had a Sniper pointed directly at my head. THIS WAS SCARY SHIT! Anyways im glad to see that i found some people also recieving this call, not to many sound like a threat as mine did. I was suprised to find out it was from Georgia considering i live in Canada,B.C. If anyone has recieved the same threatining call about a sniper plz tell me!

By heather on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 01:21 pm:

i did

now i'm dead, so you better watch out

By Lalala on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 04:22 pm:

let's clear some things up here. first off, this is not 1 person making all the calls. so that "little tard" you are trying to nab is actually hundreds of little tards. second, if your friend gets the same prank call that you did... could it be possible that you have a mutual friend who could do this?? what's to be suspicious about? i don't think there's a serial striptease barbie pranker out there. 3rd to the girl who was threatened; i can understand how you can be scared, considering threatening someone's life whether it be a prank or not is definately illegal. but even though the number comes from georgia, that doesn't mean it's from georgia... that's just where the company is located... just look at all the people who have posted here. notice they're not all from georgia.

By J Caballero on Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 12:17 am:

About 15 minutes ago, I got a call on my cell phone from that 720-587-9978 number, but I didn't get to it in time to answer it. I stumbled upon this board when I was trying to figure out who it was... this is some interesting stuff, to say the least. Kinda weird getting a call from Colorado on my cell here in Maryland.

By Larry on Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 01:10 pm:

This morning, we (my roommates and I) were woken up to a call from 402-517-9978. They started talking like they knew us and asked us about a computer problem. The weirdest part is that all of us are Windows technicians and they said to call them back before 3. When we tried to call back we get the message "You are returning a call to a Prepaid Caller Server System. The Party that you called cannot be reached at this number."

By Susie-Q on Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 04:37 pm:

Well I think that i can link both numbers : 720 587-9978 and 770 657-1021. I have a friend at Basic Training for the army, and he has called 'from these numbers' three times. Two times from the second and one time from the first. He is calling from a pre-paid phone in south carolina. AT+T pays for all calls made on those phones. So they must be generic numbers used with AT+T for pre-paid phones/phone cards/etc???

By Tracer on Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 06:05 pm:

Yes, my wife and I have recently split and she calls often to harrass. She uses a prepaid calling card from wal-mart and it shows up on caller id as: 770-657-1021, 720-587-9978, 402-517-9978 all from the same calling card.

By Chillout on Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 10:33 pm:

My fiancee is in Afghanistan and ONLY calls from a calling card and guess what....this is the number that shows up every time he calls so yeah...it's confirmed that it's a calling card. It's not that weird, the mystery is OVER.....

By J on Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 10:45 pm:

Yeah, I got a call today from 720-587-9978. Glad to know it is a Wal-mart or AT&T prepaid calling card. I have a piece of shit that owes me $5000.00 and has only made four dinky payments. I didn't get a dinky payment this month. I bet it was these pieces of shit calling because I have called their house 3 times this weekend. I wish I had answered. They call from calling cards, they think I can't find their number on the internet. They are true dumbasses. Thanks for everyone's input on this page.

By Conspiracy on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 12:19 am:

the mystery may be over... BUT... is the mystery REALLY over????

the world may never know

By Just got the call myself on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 12:21 am:

I got the call about half an hour ago. I didn't answer. Got online and found this board. My question: If people are calling from calling cards, why don't they leave a message? Both of my calls ended. Most people I know leave me a message.

By J on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 11:32 am:

The above J's post wasn't me.

By What the . . . on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 07:28 pm:

Exactly the same as "Just got the call myself." Got it
    last night 7/27/03 around 10:30 PM. The call was to
    my NY-based cellphone and no message was left. As
    usual, out of curiosity, I went online to check the
    number . . . which lead me here. Seems to me that
    someone's got WAY too much free time.

By Agent 64710 on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 10:18 pm:

Thanks to all who have provided information to the FBI regarding the AT&T Calling Card scam we have been investigating. Those of you with whom we have directly spoken have been very helpful and we will be forwarding your names to the director for the rewards to be distributed. Now that we have cracked this case, we would like to calm everyone's fears to explain this complex situation. This case involves a ring of conspirators who have discovered a way to transmit messages secretly throughout the world for apparent terrorist purposes. The use of calling cards simply allows them to call without detection as most of you have learned here. The actual key to the scam involves connecting their phones to a modem or fax machine that is on the same phone line. Once the fax or modem answers the line, the caller then has control of your phone and uses it to connect anywhere in the world. The calling card use prevents the charges from showing up on your bills, so noone gets overly concerned. Of course some of the calls must be wrong numbers, simple pranks or the caller discovers no attached modem/fax. Hopefully, this serious problem will cease to exist when all of the terrorist groups in Nigeria, Sudan, Afghanistan, Iraq and Indonesia are arrested. Should anyone wish to add information to our database, please contact us through our website at http://www.fbi.gov
    Agent 64710, Chief Investigator

By Truegemini on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 10:32 pm:

770-657-1021, 720-587-9978*** Same here had these numbers on my caller ID today. When I found this board I remembered that my ex boyfriend called me at work today and said that he had a minute left on his calling card LOL, this is hilarious. LOL

thanks

By jack on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 11:12 pm:

hello, Agent 64710! do you know Agent D? he was working on the rtc industries case not so long ago. he might very well still be on it, actually. i have a possible tip (i.e., muscle lady alert) for him, if you would alert him quickly. stay cool, bro/sis.

By No on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 06:37 pm:

nooooooo!!

By Donna on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 08:51 am:

My husband was out of town working and he called me using the calling card I gave him.Both 770-657-1021 and 720-587-9978 would show up on caller ID but sometimes the hotel phone number would show up and he said he was in his hotel room each time he called. Being the suspious mind that I am I decided to see if he was telling the truth and I called the number back and got the pre-paid calling card message.I forgot about it until the number appeared on caller ID when I was at work and my husband was at home. I thought it was someone calling him using the calling card I gave him. I asked if he gave the number to anyone and he said no and that he didnt know who it was that called. the last time 720-587-9978 caled was on Jul,18 at 4:32pm and 770-657-1021 called on July 18,at 8:41pm I really didnt believe him especialy because I live in GA. and I thought the 770 # was a cell phone because cell phones come up the same way on caller ID ( Atlanta Nor,Ga.) so I did a google search and found this site. This is real freaky. I still don't get how the Hotel phone # would show up sometimes and other times these 2 numbers would any one know why or if this is possible?

By Suze on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 05:46 pm:

Ok, so it's been firmly established that these numbers are all routing numbers for an AT&T pre-paid calling card platform. The numbers I have gathered are:
    770-657-1021
    703-247-2665
    720-587-9978
    404-461-9978
    402-517-9978
    If you are receiving harassing calls from someone using a pre-paid calling card you can contact the phone company who will find what company issued the calling card. They can then contact that company and request a search for the calls to find where they are originating. If the calls are coming from a pay phone, well, you're still out of luck. But if someone is sitting at home thinking they'll get away with making harassing calls, that's not true. Sure, it takes a bit more work this way, but the information is out there.

This site has been highly amusing. I love seeing how people's imaginations can get the best of them.

By Anon on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 10:29 am:

HERE YOU GO......

If all of you have had past payments with your credit due and you received a call from this number then this may be what the problem is. The number on my ID is 720-587-9978. I can tell you what is happening here on my end. I am out of work and my bills are getting a little behind. I first get a unknown name unknown number on my id. A few minutes later I get a call from this 720#. Since I do not answer unknown's and #'s I do not know this keeps going on. It's funny this call comes in right after a unknown call. So it's probably someone trying to get around the unknown factor and trying to get so money out of your @ss. Not sure this is the same for you but that is what I am getting. Hope this helps you.

By Icantstandstick on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 09:50 pm:

I like the person on this site that posts under the name Ihateian

Anyway, my ex called me from a calling card which showed up as 7205879978. Since I haven't heard from him in 2 years I thought I'd try to find him so my son could talk to him but I found this site instead. I think it worked out better for me this way.

By WorstNightmare on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 10:13 pm:

anon, you're a fuckin sketchball. how are you so sure that it's someone who's trying to get money "out of your ass" if you don't answer the damn phone? and who hides money in their ass anyway??? that's not a very safe place to keep your life savings. what happens when you take a shit and flush a thousand bucks down the toilet? i suggest this new invention called a bank.

By C.I.Asshole on Monday, August 4, 2003 - 09:16 pm:

Got the call from 720-587-9978 to my cell then to my my home phone with in 10 miniutes of each other. I answered both and both hung up.

I see that it is a calling card service but those numbers can also be bought for bulk calling. Meaning telemarketeers.
    I talked to a friend who is a telemarketing software programmer and he has heard about these numbers. NO one really knows what it is and many people behind the scences are trying to figure out what it is. Since no laws have been broken the authorities are not involved but other agencies are now getting into investigating this.
    He states that what he thinks it is, is a company that is doing the computer equivilant of a port scan. They are calling numbers randomly to see what lines work and a computer compiles these numbers and resells them to telemarketers.

The other issue with som eof these numbers is that the owners of som eof hem aare semi-organized crime figures running illegal pharmacy scams and betting sites.

By Aleyaya on Tuesday, August 5, 2003 - 12:41 am:

(720)587-9978. I live in Indiana and I returned home today to see this phone number on my caller ID and a threatening message left on my answering machine. I have listened to it several times and it is a young woman who has an Eastern Europeon accent, speaking broken english. I tried to call the number back but got a message saying that this number was a prepaid calling card number. I sure would like to find out who this idiot was that called me! Any suggestions?
    Thanks much.

By Freakedout on Tuesday, August 5, 2003 - 01:52 am:

wierd stuff. i too got 3 calls withing 5 minutes of each other tonight. the first was from 402-517-9978 on my cell phone. 2 minutes later, got one from 720-587-9978. then to make it even freakier a few minutes later, i got one on my home phone again from the 720 number. not many people have both my home and cell #s which is why it freaked me out. i did break up recently with a boyfriend who is the stalking type, so i figure it could be him calling with calling cards. who knows? i did not answer the cell phone calls but whomever it was left a voice mail with just nothing but dead air time. my daughter answered the home phone when it rang but no one answered when she said "hello". freaked us both out.

By J on Tuesday, August 5, 2003 - 02:08 pm:

It's probably your ex-boyfriend.

By Mn guy on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 01:32 pm:

I've been getting a lot of calls the last few weeks from 770-657-1021; 720-587-9978; & 402-517-9978. None leave messages if it goes to my voicemail. I did pick-up a call on the 402-517-9978 and the female caller asked for my ex-wife by her formal first name (which none of her friends use). I told her that she no longer lived here, but I could forward a message. She said "no thanks, this was just a courtesy call" and hung up.

I figure that the telemarketers are using pre-paid calls to get past phone blocks of calls from blocked returns.

By RAY on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 11:19 am:

My nbr is 214-370-0101 My phone keeps ringing off wall day and night with computer tones and
    also collect calls from all over. I have accepted a couple of calls and was told I had placed ad
    in a computer newsletter.
    most of Calls originate from 770 area code.
    I did not place ad and do not want to change my phone number but would like to block the calls
    from computers. Any suggestions
    Robert Ray

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 11:25 am:

Get call rejection or blocking.

By heather on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 11:31 am:

thanks for telling the whole world your number...we'll get right on placing those ads

By Me on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 06:47 pm:

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHO THE NAME OF THE PERSON WITH THIS SERVICE OF THIS PRE PAID PHONE! 404-461-9978

By Sammie on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 06:48 pm:

can anyone find out where in georgia this number is located like persons name address anything liek this or if its a ppayphone/calling card? thanks... 404-461-9978

By Me on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 12:36 am:

I received three calls...one from the 720-587-9978 and two from 404-461-9978..... i dind't answer the calls, and they didn't leave messages... all three were to my cell phone

By TexasKansas guy on Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 04:02 pm:

Do any of you know Sheila A Wallis?

By Steph on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 02:58 am:

Hey, i just recently got a new cell phone. I recieved a miss call just a few days ago wiht the number (720) 587-9978. I think its really creepy that all of these people have been recieving calls from this very number. I went to look up the area code and i got Denver co. If its true that these are just pre paid calling cards, i would understand because i had JUST given a friend my number and he said he'd call me using a calling card. I hope this info helps come to any conclusions because reading this website has deff helped me. thanx if anyone has anything to say or correct me on plz post!!! thanx

By Rodney on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 01:01 am:

I received a phone call from 720 587 9978 at 9:27:37pm MST today 08/17/2003. I called the number back at 9:42:45pm, the same day, and got the message "You are returning a call to a prepay calling service system and the party that called you cannot be reached at this number." repeats the message and then disconnects. I did not expect a phone call from anyone using a phone card and have not received a second call, it is now 10:01 MST

By S.sch on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 10:53 am:

my husband got this phone call from this number 720-587-9978 saying it was an old girl friend but when i went searching i came to this web site now im wondering if it wasnt a spam just to get info but the weird thing is she introduced her self and would not hang up after finding out he's married?
    what gives is this number from ga or va she said she was in wisconsin?

By Zeke on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 06:54 pm:

I found the same phone number - 720-587-9978 - on my call i.d. from yesterday, 8/17/03, 7:05 ET. I live in NY and am on the "Don't Call" registry, and this has worked very well - I no longer receive sales calls, or very few anyway. So I am also wondering if it is a telemarketer using a calling card to get around the no-call registry.

By Mel on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 10:43 pm:

I have received 3 calls since 3pm today the last one coming in at around 9pm. They were 404-461-9978, 402-517-9978, and 720-587-9978. I was curious since the last 4 digits were the same. I decided to punch in the number into yahoo and oh my GOD, there are several sites out there with the 720-587-9978 number! Who would have guessed? Weird. My number is unlisted too.....I am in Maine, usually away from all of this hub-bub.

By testyman on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 01:16 am:

*69 his ass

By Aberman on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 12:34 am:

I got a call on my cell phone from 720 587 9978 tonight in Wisconsin. And the caller just hung up.

By Lisa-Anne on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 08:52 pm:

I've been getting these odd calls too, from the 720-587-9978 number, but when my machine picks up, they wait through the message and then type in a 4 digit sequence on their phone pad... they wait a sec, and then hang up. Are they trying out common answering machine message codes? but why on earth would they want to do that? or is it some other weird thing. They tried it several times in a row...Oh I so hope they call back, because I am going blow the loudest durn whistle I can find into the phone.
    I get all kinds of strange numbers calling and usually just screen all calls, but this one I actually didn't feel good about, so thats why I'm here. :)

By Tim on Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 05:43 pm:

I recieved a call by this number last night. What is it all about. I didn't answer it.It was on my cell phone. I live in Wisconsin

By ATT Guy on Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 06:34 pm:

This phone number is from a calling card. Specificly: AT&T Prepaid calling cards from Wal-Mart and Sams Club. Trying to determine who the call is actually from is impossible because AT&T Prepaid service doesn't log the caller's phone number just the prepaid card number.

By Washington DC on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 10:50 pm:

Just wondering why my CELL PHONE is getting random calls. I received two back to back calls from (720)587-9978 and like everyone else went on line to check it out. I see that the general consensous is that it is a calling card, but has anyone figured out if the callers are indeed telemarketers? And is any government agency taking action to put an end to this? Thx.

By TBone on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 11:22 am:

There's no way to tell, since you freaks won't answer your phones. So far, it looks like there are generally 3 causes for these calls:
    1. Prank Call / Stalker -- Somebody is specifically calling to harrass the callee. This is isn't terribly likely in most cases, however.
    2. Wrong number -- It happens. Get over it.
    3. Somebody the callee knows is trying to get ahold of them -- The majority of the people on this site who claim to have recieved calls from this number didn't actually answer the phone. They were either gone at the time, or didn't answer it because the number was unfamiliar. It's probably just their mothers.
    Caller ID has created a whole new kind of paranoia.
    You are not special. This is not a conspiracy.

By Huh on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 12:56 am:

maybe someone can tell me what the big deal about all of this is. cuz from what i'm reading, you are all over-reacting WAY too much.

By Indy Girl on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 05:58 pm:

720-587-9978 is the reference number used for calling cards through companies, my company uses AT&T cards, this number registers on my caller id whenever I call home.
    They use to not have a number come across caller id but, since so many people have added that feature where unidentified calls do not go through the phone, they know show a number.
    It is nothing to worry about!!

By Alpo on Wednesday, September 3, 2003 - 07:38 pm:

My caller ID said that the call was from Afganistan and a quick hack into a DARPA database revealed the call was registered to Osama Bin Ladin.

DO YOU REALIZE WHAT THIS MEANS?????

A) Osama has your phone number and has trained thousands of terrorists to steal crop dusters and use them to deliver WMDs directly to you by either homeing in on the signal from your cell phone, or going directly to your house.

B) Your so called "friends, relatives, or ex's are actually al Qaida agents. You should turn them in to the FBI immediatly as required by the USA Patriot Act.

By Christine on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 06:19 pm:

Hello ~

I have read this whole site! Yeow!

I am in Hinesville, GA and got
    call from 720-587-9978 number
    this afternoon. I have caller
    ID and generally wait to see if
    there is a message when I do not
    recognize a number. No Message.

Now. Do these calls actually cease
    at some point? Or do they just go
    on and on and on? Today's was my
    first, and my fantasy is my only
    such call.

Thanks.

Christine

By Ethereal on Tuesday, September 9, 2003 - 01:50 pm:

Wow. A little unknown number and you guys are playing freakin Sherlock Homes. I got tagged by the wonderful 720# and 404#. But more than once. So that pissed me off.
    Now I think that I am going to go to Walmart and/or Sams Club, get prepaid cards and call all of you idiots that put your number on this page in hopes that you become so engulfed in your paranoia that you do us all a favor and kill yourselves. This page just proves how many morons are actually living in the United States.

By Alpo on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 07:45 pm:

Amen Ethereal. America is the land of the Moron.

By J on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 01:22 am:

Hey dogfood,think about this,you can tell the state of a country by how many are trying to get in, and how many are trying to get out,suck my dick!!!

By NebraskaWeed on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 09:54 pm:

Ok, I get my phone bill and one of my long-distance charges for 1 minute is to 770-657-1020 back August 3rd. So I do a google search and here I am. I never called this number and have no idea who in the hell it is. Has anyone ever had it show up on their phone bill??? I dont recall it showing up on my caller id. Maybe it did and I called it back and maybe thats why its on my phone bill. Just maybe.

I really should switch careers and be a super detective.

By jack on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 10:29 pm:

good idea. go for it.

By Grandma on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 10:23 pm:

Gee,there are lots and lots of paranoid people out there! And just what is root of this mental disorder? Good old fashioned guilt! Our consciences tell us we've been BAD somewhere along the way and we're sure we're gonna be punished sooner or later so we take any little thing and blow it way out of whack. Hence this chain of messages. Crazy!

By Lmk - WY on Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 03:45 am:

It was on my caller Id tonight -who is this?

By Iowachick on Monday, September 15, 2003 - 04:05 pm:

I received a call from the 720# this morning at 10:55am.
    Didn't answer and wasn't expecting any calls from
    phone cards, especially on my cell phone. Hopefully I'll
    get the call again so I can answer it and see if it's a
    crazy ex, or if the person just hangs up. That seems to
    be the majority of the cases. Peace.

By DTEXAS on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 05:33 am:

I received a call from 720-587-9978, wondering who was calling I answered and it was my boyfriend. He had purchased a calling card because his cell phone's battery had died. I asked where he was calling from and he said he bought the calling card. I talked to him for four hours on the phone. The number is a calling card number...

Any questions???

By Sexaholic on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 12:49 am:

i have a question... are you and your boyfriend open to 3-ways?

By J on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 01:25 am:

Assfucking?French???????

By Headusaf on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 01:11 am:

i did an area code look up and 720 is out of denver... i think these are soms club calling cards considering the chick i dont want to talk too works at wal-mart....

By Steph on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 10:45 pm:

I got both 720-587-9978, 404-461-3978 along with 20! calls from a 801 number (that online says is a cell number but I dont know who.. just that its in salt lake and they dont answer when I call back) and also a 816 number.

I dont know who would call me on a calling card KNOWING that I am at work, so my guess is it possibly could be some telemarketer crap as well

By Hank on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 11:48 pm:

i got a call from your mom and she says she's low on scope. could you pick some up on your way home?

there's something satisfying about fucking an old woman in the ass and then finishing in her mouth.

By Broc Whitehead on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 08:04 am:

My name is Attorney Broc Whitehead If you know of anyone that is receiving harassment calls. Please call my office at 316 263-6500. I have over 21 years of law practice. This will be a class action lawsuit. Compensation as much as $1,000 verdict award per recovery. You can reach me at my office from 8am-5pm cst.

Broc Whitehead ATTORNEY-AT-LAW
    310 W Central suite 104
    Wichita Kansas
    316 263-6500

By Super 8 on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 01:13 pm:

I get calls from this # and know who it is, she is in Oregon. The one who calls me is a mentally ill women who has multiply personalitys.. If you need more info please post a message for me here and i will ck back. Call me Super 8. Hope this helps

By MissyMoo on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 10:28 pm:

Hey Super 8! Need more info from you! Also, I'm from Texas & recieved the 720-587-9978 call on my cell phone while I was in the bath tub. I was too lazy to get out and dry my hands off so I missed the call. Im thinking if it was someone important they'd leave me a message. I'll be watching my phone to see if anyone calls again. But really, its obviously a calling card BUT...could the same person/people be calling a few of us to fk w/ us? Or is this all different people? I mean so many of these cases sound similar. I've heard several death threats have been left, the "im watching you" threats, unban legend or wrong number? We'll never know...

By The Watcher on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 02:57 pm:

telezappeer seems to work with the telemarketers.

I've been getting fewer of those no id number no id name calls since i installed telezapper.

By Ann on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 06:00 pm:

What state or town in area code 720?

By J on Wednesday, October 1, 2003 - 12:38 pm:

Denver Colorado

By California on Saturday, October 4, 2003 - 02:54 pm:

Almost daily (sometimes twice a day) for the last two weeks have been receiving these calls from the 720 and 402 area codes. The calls will come at any time of the day or late night (2:00 am) and usually hang up. Within the last week a woman has finally talked to me. 1: Once she asked "Are you ready?" then hung up 2:and about 10 minutes ago, as I was reading this site for the first time, she called and breathed into the phone then hung up. In my situation, I have a harasser. I do not think she knows me because I am not the type to have any enemies. After reading this site Im sure she gets a power kick by reading entries like this one. I must say that is a pathetic life you lead. I'm sorry you look for negative attention to fill some void. I hope you someday realize that people may remember negative experiences but positive actions are what make a difference. I will no longer answer your call.

By Kim on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 02:53 am:

well i live in chandler arizona, and some guy called me telling me i was nick or rick i couldnt really understand him, but he said yeah im might come over, and he hung up

By Andrew on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 02:56 am:

ummm.. i had sex with my friend, and he is really hott, im not going to mention n e names (carlos) but yeah im a guy to and im white, i like to leak

By 8 on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 04:17 am:

holy crap. i had sex with carlos, too. i pissed all over him. i imagine that's what you mean by 'i like to leak'. golden showers. he's a good one for that. the best is when you piss in carlos's mouth and he saves it up and spits it in your mouth when he kisses you or gives you a warm pissy blowjob. there is something special about having piss all over my nuts. sometimes i just piss on myself. like if i wake up in the bathtub and i can't remember how i got there i'll just piss straight up. ten points in your mouth! the taste of piss in the morning can be pretty different, especially if you drank a lot and took a lot of vitamin B complex. i love that color. it reminds me of the time i pissed in carlos's ass. i was all up in that shit and i just filled him up like a balloon on waterballoon day. he looked back at me over his shoulder with this odd look and i pulled my cock out and his ass exploded all over me! it was my piss and bits of his shit and some stuff that looked like carrots probably from those refried beans with the carrots in them that we ate. we ate those every meal for like a week. and then i pissed in his ass. oh yeah, the poopy carroty piss was bright yellow, like from the vitamins. except i didn't remember taking the vitamins, but then, i don't always remember everything. like that time carlos had his cock in my mouth and i was rubbing his nuts and then, uhm. i don't know. something happened. carlos remembers, ask him.

By Helper on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 03:26 pm:

I work at a CLEC and my GF has been recieving calls from 404-461-9978 and 720-587-9978.
    Here's what I found on this two numbers.
    720-587 = OCN# 7421 w/OCN Company AT&T Local. SWitch = DNVRCOZJDS2.
    404-461 = OCN# 7421 w/OCN Company AT&T Local. Switch = ATLNGANWDS0.

Do a goodle search for OCN# 7421 and you'll find some info for AT&T. Where to go from there I don't know.

By Jamaicanmecrazy on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 12:34 am:

St Simons Island GA
    I got a call on my cellphone from 404-461-9978 last night and again tonite about at around 9:30. Then from 720-587-9978 at about 10:00. Googled it and found this :

Looks like the 720 number may be a cell number from an Fillipino import export business in Lilbum GA.
    LILBUM:
    MERCEDES GIFT SHOP
    CHED/ERWIN CAPALONGAN
    (S) 770-381-0205
    (C) 720-587-9978

Another interesting entry is from this website ref the King of Spam:
    http://www.geocities.com/leftreveggplant/

Is this a telemarketeer's way around the "No Call List" ? Shiite

By North Carolina on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 02:40 pm:

By Whisper on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 08:39 pm:

okay... a few into messages into this site i was freaked out 'cause i recieved calls too... from someone that hasn't called me in such an incrediable long time... unfortunantly they didn't have the balls to say anything but, " is ... there? this is ... " of course i was too shocked to say much after that too but she hung up on me, it's strange 'cause i was like, what the hell is she doing in Colorado... but i guess now i know she's not, she just picked up a calling card at the local sam's club

By wisper on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 12:40 am:

hey! back off with your proper spelling of my name!

By 8 on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 04:16 am:

kick that bitch in the cunt!

By Rowlf on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 02:38 pm:

oh there are several ways to irritate a lady
    you could tell her that her acts gone out of style
    well thats sure to get her miffed
    its bound to raise a tift
    but heres a little trick to go the extra mile.

give her just a little kick in the cunt!
    A kick in the cunt? A kick in the cunt!
    Thats a very nice kick in the cunt.
    If you need a good stunt, just go for the punt
    with a jolly good kick in the cunt!

By Jessie on Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 05:17 pm:

Ok i also got a call on my cell phone which i didnt answer, the number was also 720-587-9978, what the hell is going on here

By Sleepy on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 03:13 am:

I got a call from 404-461-9978 on Friday and from 720-587-9978 on Monday evening on my cell phone. I wasn't able to answer the phone either time so I don't know who was on the other end....I must admit I was vain enough to think it was my ex-boyfriend who lives in GA and uses calling cards a lot....but I'm relieved to see it's just most likely "cell-spam." I looked it up and got the same links as the people above, Jamaicanmecrazy & North Carolina on 10/16 (the Mercedes place, the 'King of Spam' article,etc.). It's not a stalker, not a threat, not a conspiracy....just a benign pain in the butt. We can all sleep at night now.

By Lady on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 11:37 pm:

i too received a call from my friend...who by the way was calling from missouri....he told me he was using a calling card and this number showed up ======>720-587-9978.....i didnt try to call it back as he told me he was using a calling card

By Mwah-Ethereal on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 10:45 am:

Assholes buy calling cards.

Chode-fuckers come to this page and write a message about the number that's been calling them without reading any of the messages already here to let them know that it's just me harassing them with the many calling cards that I bought at Sams Club and Walmart.

Hey 8-

Urochrome gives piss that color you love so much. Spank Carlos for me.

By E on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 11:13 am:

My question is:

Why does sorabji.com keep this page up for almost a whole year? What's the deal? Maybe that's the next mystery you people can dwell upon. Don't forget the mystery machine and great dane. I'm going to the drunken ramblings page. It's more interesting. The rest of you should hit up the paranoia page.

By V.v. on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 01:45 pm:

Chill out,have sex with a donut.

By V.v. on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 02:22 pm:

...then eat it

By G.C. on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 08:41 pm:

I get calls from 720-587-9978. Okay I put the number in Google and hit search and LOADS of things come up about this FREAK SPAMMER Alan Ralsky! So....he calls my house the other day and someone else answered for me because I'm sooooo sick of his calls.

He asks for me like he knows my first and last name. If everyone on this site pulls up stories on Alan Ralsky they will finally have their ANSWERS!! We're going to check into what we can do and I'll letcha know. I know he makes money from companies w/millions of emails he sends out on his many, many computers he has at his $750,000 house. Some companies pay him $22,000 or more for his email capabilities and phone calls. When someone OPENS an email that's a bonus for him. Not sure why he is calling people, that has me a little confused. He is trying to get PC programs it says, and there is a quote of him saying so, "that when someone signs on their personal computer, His computers WILL KNOW IT and pop ups and all kinds of things will happen." He says it's PERFECTLY LEGAL. Our computer is soooo messed up in our familyroom right now I can't even tell you! I never even open emails unless I know who it's from now!! anyways, he says it's all legal,(but what about his threats he makes to people?) There is a Picture of Alan Ralsky online as well! I cannot believe the authorities took his computers, THEN gave them BACK TO HIM!!!! He was also sued by Verizon I believe it says for 37 mill. READ ABOUT IT. It's freaky, cuz he calls ME and obviously all of you too! Or he has someone calling everyone!?

By Robert Ray on Sunday, November 2, 2003 - 03:16 pm:

Wanted payphone numbers from highways, 7-11s, reststops. Send me a pager message on my T-Mobile
    phone 214-727-7176 as to number and location.
    (To send free pager message go to T-Mobile Site)
    Robert Ray

By Jonah on Sunday, November 2, 2003 - 05:26 pm:

This is a calling card put out by Wal-mart and Sam's club! Quit being so paranoid.

By TWIN on Friday, November 7, 2003 - 02:17 pm:

I KEEP ON GETTING PHONE CALLS FROM
    (720) 578-9978 AND (404) 461-9978

By Badkat on Saturday, November 8, 2003 - 01:30 am:

I got my first two calls tonight, 2 minutes apart, one from 720-587-9978, and one from 404-461-9978. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out they are from calling cards being routed through different area codes. For me, I'm positive it's a crank caller. I've blocked his number and blocked 'unknown' numbers. The idiot called me from his job last week, and when I called the number back, found out his father owns the business. I reported it to the phone company and the police, they contacted him to try to make him stop, so my guess is he's now using phone cards. This dumbass has been doing this for a few years now...he's the ex boyfriend of my son's ex, ex girlfriend. Lot's of people use the phone cards, lot's of people are stupid and can't dial correctly, and lot's of people make crank calls and don't want to be identified. Y'all have really given me some good information, and tons of laughs here. I enjoy your brand of humor...takes more than a couple of brain cells to be that sharp.

By Type Name Here on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 08:57 pm:

Yea, I got a call from the Atlanta # then Google checked it, and found this site. One of the best laughs I have had on any web page.

Oh, forgot to mention, my wifes car died right after I answerd the call, but that happens when it is out of gas....

By wisper on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 06:40 pm:

OMIGOD it's a haunted phone thing!
    just like in the Ring!

your phone rings, and then later your car dies!

By Steven on Friday, November 14, 2003 - 11:27 pm:

Got a call from 404-461-9978 at 4:11 pm, Saturday Nov.
    1st.

I am in Georgia, like a lot of people leaving messages here,
    and appear to be part of the South Georgia cluster --
    Hinesville, Saint Simons Island and Savannah.

Message showed up as incoming call, not missed call, and
    no message was left. Only the number appeared on the
    caller id.

Believe calls are related to Homeland Security.

By Becca on Friday, November 21, 2003 - 11:01 pm:

The number is from a prepaid calling card that can be purchased at any wal-mart thousand if not millions of people have this calling cared. I do and anyone i call that number pops up

By Vbgrl on Saturday, December 6, 2003 - 10:50 pm:

I got a call from 720-587-6122 also but never the other one 404 or sumthin...but im kinda confused so is it a calling card that someone is tryin to call u or just kids screwin around???

By Snake on Friday, December 12, 2003 - 02:25 am:

You have to understand what it is. What the telephone number is, is a PHONE CARD. The PHONE CARD(Sams or Wal-Mart) is being routed to these servers on the telephone grid. Well anyways...you are probably wondering what the heck is going on, why is there so many of us getting these messages? Well Sams and Wal-Mart sells a shit load of these a day, and well that single telephone number will pop up saying whatever. Anyways, Wal-Mart sent a shit load of phone cards to our soldiers in IRAQ, probably mostly all the calls you are getting are from friends and family in IRAQ. Well good luck with the spam rumors and etc, it's not true! And also the reason you don't get a message on your machine or voice mail is cause phone cards disconnect after what, 4 rings or so. Later

By Scaredchica on Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 03:01 am:

OMFG! I RECEIVED THE FIRST CALL AT 8:40 PM AND DA NUMBER WAZ 404-461-9978...DEN I GOT ANOTHER CALL AT 9:56 PM DAT NITE AND THA NUMBER WAS 720 587 9978..WTF IZ DIZ! SUM1 EARLIER ON HERE WROTE THE SAME NUMBERS AND OMG IONNO WTF IS UP WID DIS..I MEAN HOW CAN IT POSSIBLY BE A DAMN COINCIDENCE OR MORE DEN 2 PPL GETTIN THE SAME NUMBERS ON THEIR CELL PHONES??IONNO NOBODY IN THOSE AREA CODES..NO WAY...AND I DUN GIVE MUH NUMBER TO ANYBODY..ONLY MUH FAMILY AND REALLI GOOD FRIENDS..SUM FIND OUT WTF THIS IS!!

By Die Andere Seite on Wednesday, December 17, 2003 - 02:33 am:

The calls began a few weeks ago. Each time Frank answered
    the calls on his cellphone he could swear the voice on the
    other end sounded slightly different, as if there were a few
    prank callers all in on it mimicking the same accent. He'd
    devised a simple plan to make the calls stop. He would
    befriend his harassers and convince them to meet him
    somewhere local; somewhere public. Now, the time had
    come and he was ready. He waited around in bars for the
    call to ring on the cellphone. 720-587-9978 showed on
    the caller I.D. right on schedule. "Hello?"
    "Are you ready, baby?" spoke the voice of what could only
    be an extremely effeminate man. Frank wasn't gay and had
    nothing against the sexual preferences of others, but he
    had feined homosexuality to bring the fly to the trap.
    "I'm ready to meet you," Frank spoke quietly, "I'm ready for
    you. Lets meet this time."
    A few more words were exchanged before the phone call
    ended and Frank gave away his location. His mystery caller
    would meet him at a nearby pub within the half-hour.
    Frank was more than ready. He was armed.

Okay... so that's not the way it would ever go in real life,
    but don't we wish there was a fun and very lethal way to get
    rid of those pesky prank calls and scammers?

• It IS only a calling card bought at Walmart or Sam's Club. I
    bought one to test the theory about the calls I've been
    receiving. The number I got when I called my cell was
    virtually the same number I get from my "stalker" so it is
    not just one person calling everyone.
    • There is no conspiracy. Some of these calls are random.
    Sometimes it's just someone fucking with you. If it makes
    you feel safer, pack a gun.
    • If you watch the creepy video in real life, you don't have 7
    days to live, you have 12... that's what the voices tell me...
    • If you shake it more than 3 times, you're playing with it

Maybe we can all get over it now?

And btw, for all of you that still think something sinister on
    a larger scale is really going on, you're right. I'm
    responsible. I'm Big Brother. I'm always watching.

By Anonymous on Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 02:28 pm:

On december 19 2003, what sounded like a woman called ,my cell phone at 11:37 pm from the number 1 720 587 9978. She sounded like she had a southern accent and she said, "hi im just callin to tell you to leave (my boyfriends name) alone because he has a girlfriend" i got really upset about it and tried calling it back and it says "pre-paid..the party cannot be reached by this number" amd so on..do u know anything about this? PLEASE write back! thanks for your time

By Anonymous on Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 02:41 pm:

On december 19 2003, what sounded like a woman called ,my cell phone at 11:37 pm from the number 1 720 587 9978. She sounded like she had a southern accent and she said, "hi im just callin to tell you to leave (my boyfriends name) alone because he has a girlfriend" i got really upset about it and tried calling it back and it says "pre-paid..the party cannot be reached by this number" amd so on..do u know anything about this? PLEASE write back! thanks for your time

By Anonymous on Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 02:45 pm:

i know its a calling card but i dont know anyone in colorado that has my cell #! thats why i dont understand how they knew my bfs name

By jack on Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 02:53 pm:

the card has a colorado area code, yes. that does not mean that the call originated in colorado. the person could be anywhere. like, for instance, in your town.

*sigh*

By Anonymous on Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 03:04 pm:

i wish i knew who it was...i just dont know neone with a southern accent,,sure it could be a fake one but it was a good one then..and i dont know anyone who would take the time to buy a calling card and prank me..i guess im just confused

By Penisbreath on Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 04:18 pm:

well i will kick her ass!

By Penisbreath on Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 04:19 pm:

just kidding

By Fromtheotherside on Monday, December 22, 2003 - 02:25 pm:

I got a call on my Callwave Saturday 720-587-9987, so I thought I'd look it up. I found this.

I have been using calling cards for the last 4 years, I don't have long distance. A few years back, I called a guy I had been seeing off and on, he lives in Minnesota, I'm in Iowa. He has caller Id, I left a messege to call me. He called me a week later, royally pissed off. He said he had a hell of a time finding my number (I had not changed my number), wanted to know where I was living. I still lived in the same place, he didn't believe me. I was really confused to why he thought I had moved somewhere else, and he thought I was seeing someone else in another state. Well now I know why, damn calling card. I use it again, I will leave a messege stating my number and that I am using a calling card.

For all thoughs annoyed by these numbers, tell all family and friends to leave messeges if they are using calling cards. Even a quick name is better than nothing. Even leave it on your out going messege.

And when using a calling card it will end the call if it doesn't pickup after so many rings. So they may not get a chance to leave a messege if you have your machine set at pickup after 5 rings.

By Fromtheotherside on Monday, December 22, 2003 - 02:56 pm:

FYI - if you didn't already know

As far as I know, TM legally can call between 9am to 9pm, Bill collecters between 8am to 9pm. There are fines of $10,000 if they do not comply. It would be nice (if there isn't in some states already) if a law was passed in the same regard toward continued harrasing calls made by others, a specially at night.

Some hangup calls can be automatic dialers from credit card Companies and TM. Or someone checking to see if you are home.

Strange number coming up all the time? Ask yourself,

Did I pay all the bills?
    Whos out of town?
    Got an Ex? If you say hello 2 to 3 times before they hangup, it's them. They just want to hear your sweet voice, annouying isn't it?
    Did I sign up for way to may freebies on line?
    Has my significant other been way to busy for me lately?
    Or are they spending to much time in chat rooms?

Don't call a strange number, don't give out your number, tell your kids don't give out your number, never give it to anyone online. Never give out personal or important Info.

Never return calls beginning with 809, 284 or 876 this is a scam

Some Cell phone companies have been calling new costumers of other companies trying to get them to sign up with them. This has pissed off a few.

If you get unwanted TM calls, tell them to remove your number from there list, even on your cell phone they should not be calling you on your dime. If they continue after you asked them to remove your number, it is I have heard illegal for them to continue to call.

I don't get many TM calls anymore, I signed up not to. I have a friend that works for a TM service, that is on a call only thoughs that sign up to recieve it. Even her job is up for question, TM's maybe annouying, but many will be without jobs. Companies will resort back to junk mail or GOD HELP US even more pop ups.

By Blondbenz on Monday, December 22, 2003 - 04:12 pm:

i don't know if this is a calling card number or not, but on my cell phone i keep getting calls from the phone number 404-461-9978 and i looked up the area code online and it says that it is an atlanta georgia number. and i do not knwo anyone in atlanta georgia. but the thing is also don't knwo anyone that would be calling me using a calling card. has anyone else been getting calls from this number? i never seem to get to the phone in time when these calls are coming through, or i am somewhere that i am unable to pick up the phone. it is very frustrating because whoever is calling doesn't leave a message. and i don't know if i want to call them back or not. I hope i'm not the only one having these problems.

By Blondbenz on Monday, December 22, 2003 - 04:12 pm:

i don't know if this is a calling card number or not, but on my cell phone i keep getting calls from the phone number 404-461-9978 and i looked up the area code online and it says that it is an atlanta georgia number. and i do not knwo anyone in atlanta georgia. but the thing is also don't knwo anyone that would be calling me using a calling card. has anyone else been getting calls from this number? i never seem to get to the phone in time when these calls are coming through, or i am somewhere that i am unable to pick up the phone. it is very frustrating because whoever is calling doesn't leave a message. and i don't know if i want to call them back or not. I hope i'm not the only one having these problems.

By Blondbenz on Monday, December 22, 2003 - 04:17 pm:

when i call the number it says that i am calling a prepaid calling system and the party that called me cannot be reached at this time... so that amkes it a pre paid calling card?

By North Carolina on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 05:55 pm:

A male in 20's or 30's called this afternoon from the number 720-587-9978. He had a southern accent and said that he was calling from a bank called Metropolitan Bank. The call was coming out of Denver, CO according to my caller ID. He said that the bank he was calling from had bought out a bank about 3 months ago (and did not give the name of the bank) and said that he was calling about a credit card application made at the bank that had been bought out by Metropolitan Bank (where he said he was calling from). He said he was following up on my application to see if I still wanted the credit card. I do not recall this so called application. He was trying to get further information asked if I owned a credit card. I believe he got my name and number from the phone book.

When I called his number back I got a recording saying "you are returning call to a prepaid calling service system, and the party that calling cannot be reached at this number".

This guy is practicing credit card fraud and identity fraud. The BBB and the FBI are being called in to investigate this person.

By Henry on Thursday, December 25, 2003 - 02:26 am:

This is just a calling card number, people. If people are harassing you, they're doing so via a calling card, from AT&T, I believe. I gave one to my fiance' and this is the number that shows up on my cell phone, work number and home number.

Sad to say, if you are getting disturbing people calling you, there's no real way to pinpoint them using this method. Since the number is so widely-used, you're fairly out of luck with any tracing. And if it's a hang-up, it's probably an old friend or someone out-of-state trying to get in touch with you.

By J on Friday, December 26, 2003 - 02:15 am:

Don't ya just love them?

By MISTYDOG on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 10:52 am:

The phone numbers (example - 404-461-9978) that are listed on this site are calling card numbers. The thing we all would like to identify is the person that purchased the calling card. The way to do this is to be able to find out what the account number is on the calling card, and then be able to identify the person or persons through this account number. I know for example who has one of the numbers (404-461-9978) but i cannot find out the account number attached to the calling card. Please someone help me to do this. THANKS MISTYDOG
    P.S. THE PHONE NUMBER I MENTIONED ABOVE WAS PURCHASED FROM WAL-MART OUT OF TULSA, OKLAHOMA. I AM VERY CERTAIN OF THIS. HOWEVER I CANNOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THESE CALLS UNTIL I CAN FIND A WAY TO GET THE ACCOUNT NUMBER OFF THE CALLING CARD. IF SOME ONE OUT THEER KNOWS THE WAY THEN POST IT ON THIS NET. THANKS MISTYDOG - KENTUCKY

By Mr. Malice on Sunday, December 28, 2003 - 10:03 pm:

720-587-9978 was recieved on my home phone a calling card. I know two people in Colorado but I have never called them and they have never called me! I make it a policy that if I don't know the number, I don't answer it. If you need to get a hold of me that bad and your a friend, you can call my cell.

By Mr. Malice on Monday, December 29, 2003 - 06:48 pm:

Got another strange number . This time it was the Georgia number. 404-461-9978 Someone is having way too much fun with a pre-paid calling card. They don't even leave a message.

By Tracker on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 10:17 am:

Hey "Helper", if you are still out there, I would like to know where you dug up the OCN#'s and the switch indentifiers. My family received several calls from the same person using the calling card. The 720, 770, and 404 numbers all appeared. Given my telecommunications background, I am helping the local authorities trace this call to the originating number. Any help you could offer would be appreciated.

By Mad person on Thursday, January 1, 2004 - 08:43 am:

I got calls from this # and I live in Germany... the one who called told me that he lives in Illinois. What kind of system is this???

By Ali Maguire on Saturday, January 3, 2004 - 05:58 pm:

I just came home from a Christmas visit and I too had this #
    on my caller id -- an odd messages was left by the caller --
    can't say it was threatening, but they knew WAY too much
    about me to be benign. Spooky! I have a tracer type
    program on my computer because I have gotten weird, yet
    never threatening enough for police to take interest, from
    this # before. Apparently it is from GA -- and I know nobody
    in GA -- yet they know A LOT about me -- more so than a
    telemarketer.

By Find out on Saturday, January 3, 2004 - 11:48 pm:

look theres another number 720-587-9978 or 765-528-2829 , or both of these. i have googled the first number, only to end up here and many other places like this. it feels like a sick joke from someone who can find out what ever they want about anyone when they want to . and then they will go and fuck with them. my friend has been getting phone calls from the number i gave you. from a young girl, maybe woman, who knows. but they say that my friend ows her money. and they know how she acts. weird.

By Find out on Saturday, January 3, 2004 - 11:50 pm:

also many people think that this is a calling car, amybe so. most say that it is from sams club, or is that just something posted on the internet to make up look in another direction...

By Whizzpurr on Monday, January 5, 2004 - 02:12 am:

This list is a hoot. I got three calls from an old friend today (first time in 28 years). He said he was caling from Oregon, after we had talked for a few minutes, I had to let the dog out to pee so I asked my friend to call back collect. I glanced at the call display when I came back to the phone - it said Colorado. When my friend called back the calld display said Georgia (he did not call collect.) We talked for a long time and wanted to talk more so I said give me your number and I will call you. I called him back in Oregon. He was using a calling card. I did not ask why the numbers on the call display were coming up from so many places but I did wonder. My wondering brought me to this site. Thanks for the intertainment. It is 32 below here on a cold Canadian night and some of your messages did warm me up with a good laugh. 720-587-9976 & 404-461-9978 are calling card #s.

By Vibrator on Tuesday, January 6, 2004 - 12:37 pm:

Okay some of you have to much time on your hands. I have received calls from the 702#'s and that is all I get from *69. I don't answer the phone before 9 and my family & friends know that and will leave a message. So I just ignored it and the Dec 31 on got a call on my cell that didn't even ring just came across as a missed call. It was the 404#. Didn't think much of it. This morning 1/6 the phone rang at 7:58 and it was the 404# again. I can't say that people don't have my numbers cause I sell sex toys. I figured that maybe it was a customer in another state and wanted to find them but instead I end up here. After reading the post I wonder if some of you are my customers?!?!?! I am in IL which I didn't see any calls here listed above. I will check back because this has been fun reading waht people say!

By 1more on Thursday, January 8, 2004 - 04:06 pm:

Just thought I'ld add mine to this list. I received a call from 404-461-9978 this morning at 11:28. With caller id I let it go, but the message of silence led me to think of a hacker. Like the thread before, this is what led my curiosity here. Who knows?
    This is what I found on Alta Vista search:
    Trevor
    Home:(404)461-9978
    503-957-3636
    (702)431-5588

By Princess on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 10:52 pm:

I just got a call from 720-587-9978 at 8:44PM CST from the above phone number..Naturally, I googled it! Does anyone know anything about this number and has anyone contacted the Aurora Colorado Police?

By Jellyfish on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 06:16 pm:

Today @ 1:38 on the 13th of January i got a call from the number 404-461-9978 on my cellphone, i didnt get to answer it because i was in school and really didnt want my phone taken away from me, so i thought when i get out of school i will look this number up on the internet @ anywho.com, i found out its in Atlanta, im also surprised that theres a whole website on this. ITS VERY STRANGE, some of u have said that you were called more than once, but so far iv only gotten this call one time, and i hope thats it. ?????? I hope we can figure this out.

By Shortie on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 03:24 am:

I TOO received a call around 1:30 or so from
    (404)461-9978. Jellyfish, i wonder if its the same person?

By AllOfYouAreMorons on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 04:07 pm:

this thread is proof that the human race will be wiped out by intelligent cockroaches within the next 10 years.

By Vibrator on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 02:08 am:

AllOfYouAreMorons why is it you even check this board if you think that we are not intelligent people? Why waste your brain cells on us?? Lets hope nobody hacks you! Besides it is a stress reliever to see that we are not the only ones getting the calls.

By H4X0r on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 12:10 pm:

Yeah! I know your IP, AOYAM! Your goin down!

By AllOfYouAreMorons on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 02:45 pm:

it's a stress reliever knowing you aren't the only one getting called with a calling card? i didn't know it was such a stressful happening. the only person on here who should be worrying was the one who was getting death threats. hardly comparable to you other people who "found a mysterious number on the caller ID."

you know, you're right. i feel kind of guilty laughing at you guys. it's like laughing at a handicap kid.

shit, there goes another brain cell.

By Vibrator on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 11:10 pm:

It's not that we are getting called with a calling card its the fact that you get hung up on as soon as you answer. It's a real pisser! But hey you don't have a life so if someone kept calling you and hanging up you would just think that it's a gut buster. And yes I like to know who is calling me so I check numbers that I don't know to see if I should call them back. So BITE ME!

By Prettyprettyprincess on Wednesday, February 11, 2004 - 06:22 pm:

I received a call from this number,720-587-9978, about two weeks ago, and just now got around to checking out where it came from. However, I have now gotten calls from the same number twice, both with laughing in the back ground. I just dont want this thing to turn into some of the "scary" calls!

By Prettyprettyprincess on Wednesday, February 11, 2004 - 06:22 pm:

I received a call from this number,720-587-9978, about two weeks ago, and just now got around to checking out where it came from. However, I have now gotten calls from the same number twice, both with laughing in the back ground. I just dont want this thing to turn into some of the "scary" calls!

By Flower on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 02:10 am:

I meet this guy and he give me his cell phone number and house but I don't have his address but and don't want to ask him because i want to check on him. it's there a website i can find his address just by given them the phone number.

By Vibrator on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 08:48 pm:

should be able to check with the local telephone book company. Like www.mccleod.com or www.verizon.com all you have to do is type in what you have in the right area.

By Factoid on Thursday, April 1, 2004 - 10:40 am:

Flower,dont you ever feel you may be trying to contact that guy from the movie Friday 13th?and i dont mean me!...you know, the face mask and big knife an all,an i just bet he got a wife an 3 kids,but good luck anyhow.

By Grk4Life on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 01:26 am:

Yeah well about 15 minutes ago i got a call from this 7205879987 number and i went to answer it and they hung up tried to call back and said you cant call back and some other stuff so i get online type in the number in the aol search and i find all this. I actually found it kinda crazy that all these people have had this identical same number come up. I live in ohio and i get a number from colorado kinda weird haha. But now i see that it may have not been from Colorado like i originally thought.

By Chad on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 12:07 pm:

We get calls all the time, and whoever is on the other line hangs up imediatly. We do not have caller ID, so I dont know if this is related to every one elses problems, but I thought I would post it anyway.

I am in North Carolina

By Mike on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 04:01 pm:

I called my dad using a calling card and he was surprised that it was me due to the number that appeared on his caller id. It showed up with a 770 area code even though I was calling from 813 area code. When you use a calling card, you dial into a central location where your phone call is directed on to the number you want to call. The number that appears on the caller id is the number from the central location. I'm sure the caller id at the calling card location shows the number that you are calling from.

By JACK on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 06:31 pm:

YEAH BUT HOW COME YOUR ## SHOWED UP ON MA FONE! I DUN NO U! AND HOW COME YOU ALWAYZ HANG UPS?!

By Frustrated on Tuesday, August 3, 2004 - 04:04 pm:

I received my first 3 phone calls from the 404# and a woman asked for me by name and when i said speakinjg she hung up on me. She also called back later and spoke to my daughter and asked about my youngest daughter to whom she thought she was speaking. My eldest daughter asked who was speaking and she refused to answer anything else except is your mother home? when i got on the phone she hung up. this has gone on 6 times in two days. She has also obtained my business line. ( i work From home) . It does drive me a little crazy. the last time she called i called her a fn** B** and hung up on her.

By Anonymous on Wednesday, August 4, 2004 - 12:13 am:

I just want to know how this guy or whatever got my number because I just got my phone 3 days ago and i only gave it out to my cellular phone company. I missed his call but I just blocked it, but he can sill leave a voicemail and why should I pay 12 dollars to change my number because a guy wants a few laughs.

By Someone on Wednesday, August 4, 2004 - 12:18 am:

I'm the one who posted the previous message i'm from Minnesota and this 720 number kinda confuses and irritates me.

By Tiger4509 on Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 06:32 pm:

I received a call last night at 1 AM in the morning form 720-587-9978 Colorado call.Somehow he knew my name and phone number how? He said that it was a model voice call and I would get paid $2500 for a 15 minute "casual" conversation for him to record and use for a Swedish dating line for them to talk to girls from the US. It turned out to be a sex talk. Has this happened to anybody else?

By Vibrator on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 05:57 pm:

If you want to have the sex talk just post it here it will add some spice

By Pissed on Thursday, October 14, 2004 - 11:44 am:

(720)587-9978 Showed up on my caller I.D. It's a credit card/calling card. The voice on the other end of the line was male, but, feminine.
    And, what really sucks, is that our tax dollars are probably paying for the card this adolescent is using. They should get a job, or better yet, continue this pattern of behavior and will continue supporting them in a penitentiary.

By Misused on Sunday, October 24, 2004 - 05:07 pm:

(702)587-9978 Well, it has spread to Idaho. Yep that's Idaho not Iowa. I got a call from this number and no message was left by the caller. I saw the call come in and didn't pick up because I recently had a crank call on my cell phone at midnight and now I only pick the phone up if I recognize the caller's phone number. I expect friends and family and business associates to leave a message. Bummer for them if they don't.
    Apparently these pre-paid phone cards allow for this new sort of harassment. The problem is where are they getting our phone numbers? I don't know anyone that would harass me. 720 is the area code for Longmont Colorado. I know one person in Longmont, and he should have no idea where I am. Cell phones aren't listed numbers. There are a lot of businesses that have my phone number. Perhaps that is how pranksters are getting our phone numbers - for those of us that don't have the pissed off boyfriend or girlfriend scenario.
    Anyway, I'm not sure there is anything we can do about it except... if your long distance is free and you have just received one of these calls, you could hit *69 (or whatever it is to make your phone number anonymous) and repeatedly ring the phone number and hang up. Tie up the pranksters phone line. Maybe that would stop the madness if enough of us did that.
    Good luck everyone. I made a complaint to AT&T... it is an AT&T pre-paid phone number and to my Wireless Company. I think it the person has used any of your "minutes" you can protest it to your cell phone company because it is illegal to instigate cell phone misuse because you have to pay for the minutes used. So... telemarketers can't call you on your cell phone - that's illegal. A caller has to be an approved associate, I think.

By jack on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 08:19 am:

how is it that there have been no posts here for almost 1 year?

have people actually caught on? it's a miracle.

By V on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 12:57 am:

jack...you know what v found in life?...most people are zombies,,,and dont tell me its not true.Git back to v.,,,jack,what do you you see of the future of humans? v thinks we are gone in 1000 years,just a glitch in time.

By jack on Friday, March 24, 2006 - 07:38 pm:

hi i got a phone call from this numba. who called me?

By Ishmael on Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 06:41 am:

haha. its 2006. and i just read this.

the women theologians were behind it, right?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact