How does this happen?

sorabji.com: The Payphone Project: How does this happen?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Claudia on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 11:08 am:

A call showed up on our phone bill of a collect call, which we didn't receive. I called the company and they took it off the bill. I went on the Internet and using the reverse directory found that it originated from a phone booth outside the Salt Lake City Airport. How does that happen? Got any ideas?

By The Man on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 10:06 pm:

Mistakes happen.

By eri on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 10:59 pm:

Sometimes numbers become transposed and things like that on phone bills. Just call the company that put that on your bill (be specific to local or long distance company) and have them look into it. Usually they will credit that to amount to your bill so that you get it back on your next bill. (Geez I worked there too long).

By Milo on Sunday, November 2, 2003 - 07:49 am:

Definitely not a mistake.

It is likely that you are the vicitm of the "BOSTON REROUTERS". This is a high tech predictive dialler system that randomly selects numbers in the U.S., calls them and then hangs up the phone when answered. For just that split second your call was re-routed to Sao Tome or Nigeria or somewhere on a premium rate network.

The diallers can make up to 5,000 calls per day and make 3 cents per call, tax free. That is nearly 4,500 dollars a month from one dialler.

Use 10 diallers and the profit is 500,000 dollars per annum.

They keep the calls small and users dont query them.

You can buy the diallers from any good IT interface suppliers.

By Yeah on Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 08:41 pm:

They just magically "re-route" your call, huh? Well, since that is impossible, how do they do it?

By Yeah on Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 08:41 pm:

They just magically "re-route" your call, huh? Well, since that is impossible, how do they do it?

By Melbourne on Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 09:20 pm:

I think its possible.

By Doug fir on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 12:59 pm:

well - how -`~DO they do it?

By Furry Doug on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 04:15 pm:

WOW i dont know.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact