So, will you be vaporized?

sorabji.com: Insomnia: So, will you be vaporized?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spider on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 04:39 pm:

Did I post this before? Can't remember

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/bomb/sfeature/mapablast.html

A 1 Megaton surface blast with the White House as target will leave me with a 75% chance of being unhurt by flying debris, but the the fallout will kill me within a few hours.

A 25 Megaton surface blast will kill me instantly.

How about you all? Come on, you know you want to know.

By The Watcher on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 04:58 pm:

We're all doomed.

The blasts that strike you Spider will also effect me.

And I thought it was safe here in northern Maryland. Hah.

By pez on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 05:15 pm:

i'd remain unhurt of a 1 megaton blast on portland at my current location, debris and blast wise. the fallout would kill me in a couple hours.

25 megaton blast wild leave me a 50% chance of dying instantly, 45% chance of injury through flying debris.

after next week, i'd be killed instantly.

lucky me, there's nothing important here. trojan's closed and intel's out in hillsboro.

By droopy on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 05:42 pm:

about 4 years ago some shitspill called me up at my house with a bomb threat. he had pulled a lot of personal information about me off his computer at work and decided i must die. so he calls me and, in a menacing voice, says "don't hang up. there's a bomb in your house." the first thing i said - without, i think, even fully comprehending that it was a prank - was: "detonate it. now. right this second." he tried to scare me by telling me a few personal details about myself (such as, "you live in a bad neighborhood"), but i was getting really excited about my imminent death. finally he just gave up on me and dropped the phony voice, which went up half an octave and down about 10 years. we chatted for a while and he even offered to help me with money he could scam on his computer. i said no, and we parted ways.

if bin laden could manage to drop a bomb on the u.s., i'll give him my street address.

By The Watcher on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 05:53 pm:

He probably already has it.

By patrick on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 06:05 pm:

naaaaaaa

the guy isnt as sophisticated as we think.

By droopy on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 06:15 pm:

one of you sold osama bin laden my street address for 30 pieces of silver.

By patrick on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 06:22 pm:

it was bronze.

i needed the cash

By Hal on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 06:46 pm:

I live in Montana, we have nukes all over the place up here... If the nuclear holocost though of in the cold war were to happen we here in Montana would pretty much be vaporized off the face of the planet, except for a few cities like Butte and Missoula because we live in the middle of mountains we would be killed shortly afterwards by the fallout.
    If I still lived in Billings, seconds would be my time left on earth.

By pez on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 12:50 am:

brrrrr.

please don't talk about that hal. i don't want another cold war.

By TBone on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 11:29 am:

If Montana seceded from the Union, we'd be the second largest nuclear power in the world.

By patrick on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 11:49 am:

where ya get your facts from?

Im pretty sure they wouldnt put more than half our arsenal in one state.

By Hal on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 12:29 pm:

They do cheif, but they are so spread out around the state that it would take several nuclear explosions to get all of them.
    Montana has more nuclear weapons then any other state in the union. TBone's right, unfourtunatly all of them are indipendently controlled from Washington, so if washington goes we're useless. You can drive down the highway here and see silo facilities 200 some yards from the road, everywhere.

By patrick on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 12:55 pm:

Montana may have more missles than any state in the Union, but i doubt they have mroe than half the fleet.

Id also be inclined to think Alaska has more nukes than montana. But i don't really know for sure.

By Hal on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 12:58 pm:

It was to close to Russia for them to put that many nukes up there, there are a few but the figured that an ICBM could easily make it from Montana to Russia with no problems, and Montana is easily defended.
    We have no fleet up here, remember no ocean.

By patrick on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 01:07 pm:

i meant fleet = missles

By pez on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 01:09 pm:

i wonder if the city is regretting selling that dock.

back during ww2, pdx was the place on the west coast for ship repair and building. now we've got nothing.

it would take a large effort to get a fleet to montana!

and it would be difficult for other countries (except canada) to set exploding balloons loose nearby.

By patrick on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 01:15 pm:

By Trace on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 01:19 pm:

That's way off.
    I live in Missouri,and I can gauren-damn-tee you we have far more then one sight, even in 1985.
    Where did they get their facts?
    There is one here at whiteman, there was one close to Harrisonville, MO where I used to live...
    what a crock of shit. More people talking out their ass again.

By patrick on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 01:24 pm:

no offense trace but id be more likely to trust these folks on the matter than yourself.

By patrick on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 01:26 pm:

By Czarina on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 02:29 pm:

I feel so important,living here in Lousiana.

Lets not forget,there are other "not good" military sites,across the states.One that comes to mind,is right there in Oregon.Its a site that stores biological and germ warfare stuff.Weird gasses,all kinds of not good stuff to be around.Really scary stuff.I'm glad I don't live close to it anymore.I'll take my chances with all the nuclear stuff here in Lousiana.

By pez on Saturday, September 15, 2001 - 03:22 am:

WHAT?!?!

just when i was beginning to feel safe again, dammit...........

fuck fuck fuck fuck. fucko.

maybe i'll just end it all and get it over with.

By mooni on Saturday, September 15, 2001 - 03:33 am:

there is no such thing as safety

in saying that, i personally try to be as irresponsible as possible.

being grown up sucks

By The Watcher on Monday, September 17, 2001 - 02:10 pm:

I used to live not to far from Aberdeen Proving Ground.

Talk about scary stuff. Shortly before I moved a little farther away the county desided it was time to upgade their Civil Defence Action Plans. And, sent questionairs to everyone within a certain radious of APG. Wanting to know if there were small children in the house. Or people who would need assistance leaving the area.

Since my wife and I were already leaving the area we desided not to reply.

By Secret-agent on Sunday, September 23, 2001 - 02:24 am:

fuck. fuck fuck fuck. i want to sleep.

By Chris on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 07:59 pm:

YOU GUYS ARE ALL FUCKED UP, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ALL YOU PPL, READING ALL THIS TRASH IS SO DEPRESSING, THIS NEEDS TO STOP!!!

By eri on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 09:14 pm:

Then don't read it dumbass.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact